Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

it is in the CoD series, the name just won't be in it because it makes it kind of long.

Wrong. They changed it, so now Treyarch can't steal the game engine and gameplay. With their own name, Treyarch would have to pay IW to use their engine. Great thinking on IW's part.

BTW: Does anybody else notice the perks, right when they leave the elevator? A website dedicated to finding stuff in the trailer found it. There are 5 perks, one of which is stopping power. Another looks like Hermes (The Greek God) shoes. (It's a shoe with a wing on it)

Also, here is a list my friend showed me. IW said not all of the list is true, as it was sent around in email chains and info was added on, however most of it is true.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/ar ... ?id=209704

I think Hermes' shoe is the equivalent of Extreme Conditioning in WaW.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is in the CoD series, the name just won't be in it because it makes it kind of long.

Wrong. They changed it, so now Treyarch can't steal the game engine and gameplay. With their own name, Treyarch would have to pay IW to use their engine. Great thinking on IW's part.

BTW: Does anybody else notice the perks, right when they leave the elevator? A website dedicated to finding stuff in the trailer found it. There are 5 perks, one of which is stopping power. Another looks like Hermes (The Greek God) shoes. (It's a shoe with a wing on it)

Also, here is a list my friend showed me. IW said not all of the list is true, as it was sent around in email chains and info was added on, however most of it is true.

Activision owns both developers so it doesn't really make sense to say Treyarch is "stealing"

But yeah, it's nice that IW has more control over the series now and there's less chances of it being outsourced to Treyarch

Activision owns both developers so it doesn't really make sense to say Treyarch is "stealing"

But yeah, it's nice that IW has more control over the series now and there's less chances of it being outsourced to Treyarch

It will still be a CoD game either way. Like it or not but modern warfare is a CoD game .. the 2nd will be CoD as well.

Just because it does not say call of duty

Does not mean its not part of the CoD games.

Have they announced where in the world it will be based? Another fictional Russian supernationalists or the American campaign in Iraq? 2 Campaigns would be pretty cool, a realistic replay of the Americans army's Iraqi campaign and the British army's campaign.

Have they announced where in the world it will be based? Another fictional Russian supernationalists or the American campaign in Iraq? 2 Campaigns would be pretty cool, a realistic replay of the Americans army's Iraqi campaign and the British army's campaign.

In the video the men in the elevator were speaking Russian so it might be one I the maps

king_kapugen.png

In the video there is a famous Brazillian statue of I think Jesus. So probably half of it is set in some fictional destabilised south american country, with the other half in Asia, assuming they stick to the same format.

There's a statue like that somewhere in Russia. It's in some movie I just saw.

There is a picture of a teddy bear in the trailer, and there is the EXACT same teddy bear lying in a bed on Crossfire =O

FEARLESStag.jpg
stuff.png

what i'm doing now:

soundcloud.com/student1

In the video there is a famous Brazillian statue of I think Jesus. So probably half of it is set in some fictional destabilised south american country, with the other half in Asia, assuming they stick to the same format.

There's a statue like that somewhere in Russia. It's in some movie I just saw.

There is a picture of a teddy bear in the trailer, and there is the EXACT same teddy bear lying in a bed on Crossfire =O

Was the movie Behind Enemy Lines? I hope it isn't Brazil tbh, quite liked it in Russia and the Middle East...

There are quite a few massive statues of Jesus round the world so it could really be anywhere, places with Christ statues:

Vietnam, Portugal, Mexico, Italy, USA, The Andes, Bolivia, Peru, Mexico and Brazil ofc.

sig5235ro7.jpg

I just played MW for the first time, and I love it. It is way more fun than WaW. Can't wait for MW2.

Domination on shipment lmao :lol: :lol:

Hardcore HQ shipment > HQ shipment > Domination Shipment.

::'

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

I just played MW for the first time, and I love it. It is way more fun than WaW. Can't wait for MW2.

Domination on shipment lmao :lol: :lol:

Hardcore HQ shipment > HQ shipment > Domination Shipment.

::'

Haha I've never played HC on shipment because I'm Terrible at hardcore but I have played HQ on Shipment which is much more fun than domination :lol:

Ponder00.png

twssmas.gif

There's another leak, this time saying some interesting thing, including my favourite thing: PS3 will have dedicated servers rune by sony!

http://criousgamer.com/modern-warfare-2-latest-leaks

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

1. All the weapons from the original are coming again.

Ok so I think this is probably a good thing, All the weapons in the first game were pretty much perfectly balanced, you just had to find the right setup in perks for the gun.

2. 3 maps from the original are coming back with a few noticeable tweaks here & there.

3 maps from the original, Laziness? or public demand? Who knows? This also says to me that there will be some single player based around the same sort of areas for them to include the same maps?

3. There is a total of 16 maps including 3 from the original.

Nice to know theres a lot more maps, hopefully this won't bring too many map bugs/glitches.

4. 20 new weapons will be added to the inventory & the most noticeable are the FAMAS assault rifle, HK PSG-1 sniper rifle, MP7 sub machine gun, AA12 fully automatic shotgun, MG4 LMG and the .44 magnum revolver.

20 new weapons? :shock: Ok this is quite a big step from the last game, so this probably means they will up the level cap to spread the new stuff out a bit, which is a good thing, I'm sure. I still think they need to add a function so that we can switch between different fire modes, for example m16: Single or burst.

5. Multiple attachment perk has been added which allows 2 attachments to be added to a weapon.

Oh yes!

6. The Single Player Campaign is predicted to last 7+ hours.

Hmm, I think I completed the first campaign in about 3-4, so making it double the size could be a good thing or it could just be more of the same, making it more tedious.

7. Co-op Mode has been added.

Thats pretty cool

8. A new Alien Terrorist co-op mode is also added with details still unknown.

Sounds like a newer version of nazi zombies

9. The multiplayer is set to have 4 new modes above the original modes.

I'm guessing taking another leaf from treyarch and putting in capture the flag and War, Probably hardcore aswell.

10. A new CLAN system & TOURNAMENT system will be added.

Can't go wrong with clan support and tournament. Clan rankings would be pretty cool

-If these leaks are true, and I hope to god they are, this should leave players begging for more, more than call of duty 4. I really can't wait for the release date :D

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Ok so I think this is probably a good thing, All the weapons in the first game were pretty much perfectly balanced, you just had to find the right setup in perks for the gun.

2. 3 maps from the original are coming back with a few noticeable tweaks here & there.

3 maps from the original, Laziness? or public demand? Who knows? This also says to me that there will be some single player based around the same sort of areas for them to include the same maps?

Nice to know theres a lot more maps, hopefully this won't bring too many map bugs/glitches.

4. 20 new weapons will be added to the inventory & the most noticeable are the FAMAS assault rifle, HK PSG-1 sniper rifle, MP7 sub machine gun, AA12 fully automatic shotgun, MG4 LMG and the .44 magnum revolver.

20 new weapons? :shock: Ok this is quite a big step from the last game, so this probably means they will up the level cap to spread the new stuff out a bit, which is a good thing, I'm sure. I still think they need to add a function so that we can switch between different fire modes, for example m16: Single or burst.

5. Multiple attachment perk has been added which allows 2 attachments to be added to a weapon.

Oh yes!

Hmm, I think I completed the first campaign in about 3-4, so making it double the size could be a good thing or it could just be more of the same, making it more tedious.

Thats pretty cool

I'm guessing taking another leaf from treyarch and putting in capture the flag and War, Probably hardcore aswell.

Can't go wrong with clan support and tournament. Clan rankings would be pretty cool

-If these leaks are true, and I hope to god they are, this should leave players begging for more, more than call of duty 4. I really can't wait for the release date :D

You missed 11 ;)

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

I have xbox so it's pretty much irrelevant :P

Although dedicated servers from sony could turn one way or another. Although if they run on the same servers as PSN then it should run pretty smooth.

A feature i would like to be brought back is a server browser for consoles like in Cod3, so you can choose the map you want to play on rather than be assigned the map you hate the most.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Oh yes!

Thats pretty cool

You missed 11 ;)

You do realize that every game with online support ever has had dedicated servers. They're not special or anything, just a server that can run 24/7 without anyone playing on it. I'm pretty sure they're in every online game and every system always.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.