A Prankster's Guide to Popular Pking Terms

Prankster_King

This guide is for those of you that are just entering the pking world with a clan or group of friends, and just don't know what the hell they're saying when they say "FI" and "DD". ;) Enjoy.

Commands

Fi - Fall In - When the host of a pking trip says this, you are to follow the host. Never form long congo lines when pking.

Dd - Death Dot - When a pking trip host says 'Dd', he means for you to stand on the same spot as him. Be sure to use the radar to avoid accidental attacking on one another.

Tdm on... - The Death Monkeighs attack _____ - Hosts will always announce who you should attack. They will either announce it using this format, or they will say the level of the person if they are rushed. Always pay attention to who is called out.

Dm - Death Match - Death Matches are as it's name says, a match to the death. If you ever agree to the death match, you cannot run/telly/walk away. Agreeing to a death match is like swearing you will not try to escape the battle. You should never break this, unless you want to be frowned apon by honorable pkers.

Quiet ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Be silent ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ If the pking trip host ever sayÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅQuiet!ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

I didn't know there was already a list in Tip.It. ::' This guide was made by me some time ago, just for general use in TDM. I just now decided to post it here in Tip.It, for others to look at as well.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

This guide is great, even though I pretty much knew all of the terms since I'm in a clan that does a lot of pking. Something that might add to the guide are pics maybe of the clan your in (The Death Monkeighs) spamming "fall in" or "tdm on John Doe" etc., to let the reader know what it should look like in the game :thumbsup:

28d5a561.jpg

untitled1.jpg

Don't just get your clanmates to post, ok? Lol. This guide isn't really what we are looking for in Player made guides. In addition to the fact that the Beginner's guide lists common abbreviations, the ones you list are so specific that I'm not sure anyone outside your clan uses them?

But your guide can stay up for a while.

Please do consult with a clan forum(s) mod to see if your guide might be allowed in one of those forums (and let them know I've stated it doesn't belong here ;), referencing my post if needed).

Interesting reading.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

I did not encourage anyone from TDM to post here. I didn't even tell them I was posting it here, but not that it matters. ::'

I'll see what I can do in getting it moved to a more Pk related section. I'm sorry if I mistakingly posted a guide that doesn't really belong here. I thought that this was a place for all guides, but perhaps I was wrong.

As for the abbreviations being specific, they aren't very specific at all. Feel free to run this guide through any large pking clan, and they'll tell you it's common terms that pkers use. :)

Also, I'll see what I can do in getting some more pics of different commands being used. Nice idea for an addition, Jordan. ;)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

I see no problem with the guide staying here. It's a guide, its written by a player, for the players , I'm sure it could be useful to someone, somewhere.

If it was an exact replica of the beginners guide , maybe that might be different, but its a specific and was well written :)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Hm... I'm just wondering, please don't get me wrong... What could be a possible use of such guide to an average player? I mean... If somebody belongs to some PKing clan, they probably have their own internal rules and ways of communicating and giving orders and they share this code.

To somebody not belonging to the environment, this could be a tip though - in case they go to wilderness and meet such clan, they'll know what they are talking about between each other. I don't know if they can make some good use of that info though. ;P

Oh well, maybe I'm complaining too much. I guess this can be useful.

Just one thing... Too many people seem to say "alter" instead of "altar". But "alter" is a verb meaning something like "cause to change; make different". Sorry for pointing this out, but repetitive spelling mistakes just... bother me. :P

Telly Tubbies - Teleporting Noobs - This is a refference to noobs that bring telly runes with them on every pking trip because they are afraid of loosing their st00f. Telly Tubbies always stay under level 20 wilderness so that they can easily telly away if their precious r00n is ever endangered. (Don't be a telly tubbie!)

what is wrong with teleporting? it's a good way to not lise stuff unnecessary...

anyway, good job, lad :thumbsup:

Rudyaard.png

rudyaard.png

what is wrong with teleporting? it's a good way to not lise stuff unnecessary...

You're right about this. I don't understand why some people think it's wrong to teleport. It's pretty normal you don't want to die, so you take things like ring of life and some teleports. Well, I usually go to wilderness without the will to fight and I want to have a way of escaping too. If I can avoid death by teleporting, why would I prefer to leave all teleports in bank and lose my stuff in wilderness later? Strong mages will still stop you by using teleblock though.

Just one thing... Too many people seem to say "alter" instead of "altar". But "alter" is a verb meaning something like "cause to change; make different". Sorry for pointing this out, but repetitive spelling mistakes just... bother me. :P

Thank's for the spell check. It was a spelling error on my part, and I'll try to fix it as soon as possible.

This guide would be most helpful when an unexperienced pker is out pking with a group of friends that may have more experience from clan pking. As it is well known, commands should be followed with haste in the wildy, so this guide would help in prepping any rookies for future pk trips. Also, I posted this guide for for ratings from other people, and to see if anyone had ideas for improvements. It's already helped me to make my guide more informing. ;)

Tellying in the wilderness isn't especially wrong. The term "telly tubbies" is probably the one term that is more related to what my clan talks about while pking. In TDM, it is a strict rule that telly runes should not be brought on pk trips, so we like to call people that telly "telly tubbies". ::'

Thank's for clearing that up for us, Alboskey. :)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

Very interesting read - thank you.

I'm not now, nor ever have been a PKer, but, like most folk, go to wildy for the various errands non-PKers have: Clues, training on Green Drags, agility course, etc...

...but, unless I'm going to visit the KBD, I'm one of those 3 item guys - even when fighting Green Dragons. Ok, I might have more than 3 items, like some food, but, only 3 "good" items. And if attacked, you can bet that I will eat every bite of food that I can, before dying! Hehehe

(Oh, a side note, if you are running a treasure trail and have got next clue, drop everything but your dds, the casket (never open them until you are out of wildy) and one other item - this is especially true for co-ord clues that take you up near wildy agility course - too many folk are waiting for you to open that casket! Getting down to three items is simply a good way for having a PKer give you a free trip out of the wildy! (grin))

I don't bother with tele runes, tabs, ecto, or crystal anymore, as at lvl 100 combat, even the lowest lvl PKer that attacks me is probably going to Teleblock... Aaaarrrggghh! (grin)

But, other than saying "thanks" for the interesting read, I have a question:

Why would a PKer, or a PK team go after a guy that obviously is only holding a very few items? Using the green drag example, a D weapon, an anti-drag shield, and a platebody? Especially after he has said outloud, "I am only carrying 3 items, not worth your time." ???

Ok, I have another question - why would anyone go after folk running runes through the abyss? Practice? (grin)

Great guide, just a tip that my clan uses when we pk: Mc = Multi Combat, we don't use multi, thats to long, we use Mc.

9/10

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Ok, I have another question - why would anyone go after folk running runes through the abyss? Practice? (grin)

Free Glory's?

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8