Player Quest: The The Spoils of War #3 | 19th August 2007

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great trial, but we still need to smooth it out a bit. And advertise more, which is the main thing :|

Otherwise, we all did a great job. For a trial, at least. :D

copyofsigtuxtimenf0.png

We didn't know what to use because SOMEBODY changed the rules a couple of days before or i was informed incorrectly, I knew whips were not allowed but I was told that a dds was ok, this was very badly set up and the people in the viewing room were spamming our chat box. We didn't even get in special thanks for helping out with it :evil:

jock, i'll most definitely update the post to reflect you and your team's contribution (right now our more immediate concern is correcting our errors).

I agree with you that there was allot that went wrong in the trial, but that's why we done this trial -- to solve these kind of errors before we go forth with the event.

Thanks for coming, we couldn't fix the quest for the better without you :).

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I came soooo close to pwning Peter. :twisted:

Anyway thumbs up from me for a great concept and really awsome that you guys even did a practice run so that the actual event will be top notch.

We at TET AU do the same things with some of our events, and its the only way to go.

A Few tips:

• All staff wear the same outfits so that the staff fighters do not kill them when they come into the fighters rooms...we are too itchy fingered. :-w

Team Capes for all staff? I think that has already been arranged.

Maybe remove the beast from the Final room, as the fighter staff were getting attacked by him.

When addressing the Barrows Brothers, dont call us guys, as Guthan is female. :P JK

I am not FAT! :XD:

shey.png

This event has to be the best set out/ planned/fun event I have seen of this board, great job guys!

I hope the event goes well for you all :thumbsup:

Saskia ~Tip.It Events Team

Old 'Scaper - returned * Former TET Leader * Council of Elders Member * Confirmed Scaredy Cat * Mother of 6 * Quester * Friend to many

saskia_snow.png

Dang i missed it.

So when is the real event planned?

Oh and will the bothers be eating? Also do you fight the brothers one at a time?

I would guess the event will be held weekly/fortnightly/monthly, so there will still be plenty of oppertunities to play.

Also you have raised a big point there: We "the monsters" cannot eat, this is your main advantage, we may have to kill your hp value 8 or 9 times dependant on your food:

so a team of 6 becomes a team of 54 hp wise.

but you only have to kill

3 ddsers

3 mages

3 rangers

6 b bros

_________

15!

Our advantage is we outclass you equipment wise.

As the trial has shown it WILL be hard, this is not an event u can just turn up and win, it requires some thinking. The staff have thought long and hard about how it could be won and it definatly is possible.

*HINT* There are loopholes in the item rules, these have been left in intentially, to promote team play and also some THINKING :D .

Incidentally i think it may we wise to hold an open hour at newbiei 's house to show people round the dungeon.

If you think this game is a good idea the best thing you can do is SPREAD THE WORD, we know eventually this game should be fairly big we just need you guys to help us out a bit, tell your friends, tell the forums, tell the noob who is following you around, hell tell the world =D

it looks awesome (i cant make and am too low anyway xD) but what about good stuff like the good samaritan? it adds a little more flavour to it and encourages them to go for other traps :)

and what I don't get is, why is the demon there? He just seems in the way to me.

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

If you get around to going past the test, I have a big question. You say no hybriding, yet you can't attack with lunar. If I decide to play as a lunar mage, is standing around, healing, and venging all I get to do? :-s

If you get around to going past the test, I have a big question. You say no hybriding, yet you can't attack with lunar. If I decide to play as a lunar mage, is standing around, healing, and venging all I get to do? :-s

Lunar mages are not ment for offensive attacks. They are ment to support the team and heal them when needed. So i dont see how you would want to be offensive.

*HINT* There are loopholes in the item rules, these have been left in intentially, to promote team play and also some THINKING

Hmmm i think im going to take a close look at the rules again.. :-k

And how will you know if we are eating or taking a sip of a prayer potion? I guess its all on the honor system :?:

prospektssigza4.jpg

Every person I have ever seen using lunar doesn't want to just stand around - they use their role to support, and (usually) melee on the side, since you don't need magic bonus to be an effective healer and healing lowers your health, raising the need for solid armor. Am I allowed to use lunar to suppliment fighting as a warrior? Otherwise, nobody will ever lunar...

Please keep in mind that you will be attacked from all 3 points of the combat triangle. While it's true that "solid" armour would theoritically be in your best interest, that doesn't necessarilly mean that melee armour is your best bet.

There's a bit more to consider when picking your armour than how "tough" it is, especially if going as a lunar mage, but I'll leave you to think that through for your own.

Borei.png

Borei.png

Borei.png