Player Quest: The The Spoils of War #3 | 19th August 2007

And how will you know if we are eating or taking a sip of a prayer potion? I guess its all on teh honor system :?:

Your inventories are checked before u enter the dungeon, illegal items are not aloud to be taken in. also if u were to sneak one in and we saw u drinking (via the emote) u would immediately be disqualified.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was fun but I would liek to point out that during teh trial 2 or 3 of teh monsters WERE eating.

This was the idea of the trail to see what could go wrong and fix it.

The eating thing was unfortunately true, and was one of the issues raised in the aftermath, as a result we have taken more care to ensure our staff know their roles and the rules for their roles.

A small update; Team 6 capes are no longer aloud in the house, except for staff. This is because we are now using the team 6 capes to identify between staff. Hopefully this will make life a little easier for us and you guys.

Also a new room has been installed in the upstairs of the house. The second floor is to be used as a place to find a team. This means that people can hopefully turn up by themselves and find a team to work with.

As to the whole lunar/hybrid issue, i am currently in talks with the staff as to whether hybriding will be aloud. However bare in mind that the lunar set is pretty powerful in its own right.

The Date has been announced! whoopy!

Please note, we have fine tuned our equipment limits to reflect the lessons we learned from the trial, please review.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

We will neither confirm nor deny this. O:)

What I can say though, is that the rules aren't quite as restrictive as they may appear at first glance in some areas. This was done to promote thinking, instead of just letting this be another boring hack-and-slash event ruled by the same old routine we've all seen a million times or more.

Borei.png

Borei.png

Borei.png

i will edit the post above to have no hint. but it would be greatly appreciated if u would pm me and talk. i know that it is meant to b creative BUT i really dont want to end up getin DQed for doing it :-s

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Wow, just watched the trial vids and i'm awkstruck. You've really put effort into this, congrats! I can see know what you meant about the whole thinking thing, hardly got past the first box trap and they all pooped. :)

Runescape player since 6th November, 2003

pen_chef.png

pen_chef.png

flubbersig.jpg

i wouldnt mind being a helper for this event, im to poor and lack items to participate but would love to see or help this big quest. if i remember that is...ahh sibilings..

Popoto.~<3

Apr 7st, Event #1 Summary

1. FAILED!

m1cha34l

dylan beaton

skolden

hi there12

sup3rpur

unreal grs

#1 ended early because disqualify

2. SURVIVED!

bufforping / melee / died / rune kite

ces the wild / melee / survived / rune kite + glory

skolden / melee / survived / rune kite + glory

saint 8 / melee / survived / rune kite + glory

hi there12 / melee / survived / rune kite + glory

dylan beaton / mage / died / lava battle

#2 Saint 8 dealt finishing blow to the last Barrows Brothers (Sheynara/Guthan) before dying to the pet demon. Meanwhile, Ces the Wild and Skolden fell into the last pitfall and took their time to leisurely cruise back through the dungeon. Ten minute after the death of the barrows brothers, they finally chop up the pet demon and retrieved the chest.

Thanks for coming, staff and challengers! We'll continue to make improvements on Spoils of War to make it even more enjoyable for everyone.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

what??? we lost.... NOOOOO!!! :shock: :wall: :cry:

ah well, i guess we must lose sometime :(

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

well all i wanna say is....this is a gr8 idea! its amazing how u thought of everything...i like the idea a lot tho i think the demon just get in the barrow guys' way but well its ur choice lol....anw good luck with doing it as many times as u want tho im not gonna b there...reward not worth it...n the idea is just gr8...i wud improve the rules a lil but who am i 2 judge? gr8 i dea i liked it

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

thank you for that flavor it means a lot. just a few more updates for you all:

-We now have our own forums for you to sign up your team, ask questions and chat with the staff team the address is: http://spoils.ybug.co.uk/forum/ so come join us all if you wish were lonely :D

-We also have a new domain http://www.rune-quests.com to see details on spoils.

- And leading on from that 2nd point we are planning to expand (yay), into a few new quests. While we have a couple of idea of our own, please feel free to put some forward in our suggestions board at http://spoils.ybug.co.uk/forum/

-And last but not least in my cunning and crafty ways i would like to say that we will be holding forum competitions to draw you into our grasp (mwahahaha).

These will (probably) be held once a month. The first competition is the good old favorite spot the difference and will be released at the same time as the next spoils date (again note the craftyness). there will be 3 prizes on offer:

1st prize: 1 million gp!!!!

2nd prize: a spined ranger set

3rd prize: a mystic lava staff

Sadly due to the POH nature of these events the competition is for members only.