Is the cooking cape killing fishing?

dante1918

One main reason why the fletching market is not affected compared to cooking is mainly due to the reason, when yew logs get passed into a fletcher hands, he turns it into a widely demanded bow by alchers. With magic skillcape going around, there's bound to be increase of alchers for extra yew longs put into game. Therefore, the supply and demand section is balanced.

For sharks it is different. The demand for it does not increase because skill cape update does not affect it. There is no skill cape "kq" or "pk" so demand stays rather constant, cooking skillcape causes supply of cooked sharks to go up and results in excess sharks in the game, accounting for the drop of price for cooked sharks. Probably the only way to address this is to reduce the rate of sharks put into market, mainly by reducing amount of players going for 99 cooking, which is not going to happen anytime now.

i think i said most of that lol :P

dante_14.png

~1733rd person to 99 fishing. Achived on april fools day 07 :)~

By your reasoning, Guthans and Bones to Peaches are also to blame...

How in the world did you draw this conclusion? He said it was because there are backlogs of cooked sharks that people need to get rid of. It is a greater number than the number of sharks that normally came into the game.

If you use full drag and sharks, you use an inventory of sharks every 30-40 mins. If you use full guthans, you use 1 shark every 30-40 minutes, because your armour heals you. If you use bones to peaches, you never use sharks, because you use 2 natures, and get 20+ peices of food.

One main reason why the fletching market is not affected compared to cooking is mainly due to the reason, when yew logs get passed into a fletcher hands, he turns it into a widely demanded bow by alchers. With magic skillcape going around, there's bound to be increase of alchers for extra yew longs put into game. Therefore, the supply and demand section is balanced.

For sharks it is different. The demand for it does not increase because skill cape update does not affect it. There is no skill cape "kq" or "pk" so demand stays rather constant, cooking skillcape causes supply of cooked sharks to go up and results in excess sharks in the game, accounting for the drop of price for cooked sharks. Probably the only way to address this is to reduce the rate of sharks put into market, mainly by reducing amount of players going for 99 cooking, which is not going to happen anytime now.

lol, thats exactly what you said.

You did? *reads through thread more carefully* Looks like i made an excess post with repeated information #-o :wall:

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

You could have said this much more simply. It the old, old economic law of sypply and demand. In this case the supply of sharks is greater than the demand for them (prices drop), whereas the demand for yews is still (just) greater than the supply (prices stay constant or rise)

When Supply is Higer then demand - Prices Drop

When Demand is higher then Supply - Prices Rise

You decide what's happening.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

I never thought about the cookers and the fishers, or the wcers and the fletchers. Anyway doesn't affect me, I catch my own fish, cook my own fish, and eat my own fish. I cut my own logs, fletch my own bows, and high alch my own bows.

What we need is a system seen in a game such as guild wars; a system to sell and buy items like logs/fish in bulk, not in multiples of ten. It would involve players requesting quotes from merchants for their logs or fish, then a player doing the same to buy the items. So the backlog could be solved by selling to NPC merchants.

deciever2.gif

Dragon Drops: D spear x 2, D skirt, D half-shield, D axe, D 2h

Barrows Rewards: Ahrims hood, Karil's Coif, half key x 6, D med, torags legs, veracs flail

Very well thought out.

But why aren't other cooked foods also falling in price as well then.

because the back log is sorted out by f2p. only members can eat shark and theres a lot less people on members. 8-)

dante_14.png

well there are wood cutting companies that group together and the company president(leader) in runescape says that we will wood cut and you can order and ill sell yews, maples, and mage logs for 300 ea,80 ea, and 1k ea

Mojo477 has had to quit members so i need friends to talk to on my pure Lived4devil so please add her

"The elves having helped create the crystal saw is like Greenpeace having helped create a nuclear seal skinner"

Fishing is such a waste of time now, can't believe ppl would still fish. And the fish cape is ugly, who would want that :anxious: unless some ppl like it, but that cant be that much.

2480+ total

Fishing is such a waste of time now, can't believe ppl would still fish. And the fish cape is ugly, who would want that :anxious: unless some ppl like it, but that cant be that much.

oi i have and love that cape lol. and on a personal note a trimed fishing cape looks amazeing with wizzy (g)

dante_14.png

If you use full drag and sharks, you use an inventory of sharks every 30-40 mins. If you use full guthans, you use 1 shark every 30-40 minutes, because your armour heals you. If you use bones to peaches, you never use sharks, because you use 2 natures, and get 20+ peices of food.

Ah, I did not think about this, however it still is not a great statement. Guthans has been out for quite some time without affecting the price of sharks at all. It would not affect the price as drastically now, even after considering full sets of guthans are constantly coming into the game.

Also the recent drop in sharks over the past day is definitely because of bracelets coming out. People are selling things in order to have the money to purchase the new jewelry.

I am a 99 fisher as of today. I started fishing sharks at 87 fishing. You would see the odd macro(who i would report) When i hit around 93 fishing. They were increasing a little.When i hit 95 fishing they were everywere. I went to monks at 96 fishing becuase macros made the price of sharks go down. Cookers may have an effect, but mostly macros bring down the price.

i'm 99 too.. i agree its the macroers not the cooking cape.

if anything because of 99 cooking INCREASES demand so therefore will INCREASE the price.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png