FIRE! an idea got to do with weapons

HardyZ003

Maybe this could also be used with arrows. After watching a movie of Romans shooting flaming arrows...Why not...?

And to cure it...Water. We all now water puts out fire. (Usually, it sometimes makes it worse, but for this purpose, it'll put it out.)

So what you need to do is mix water with some other item, and then you drink it to heal fire. (Or alternatively, a new spell that requires 5-10 water runes or something.)

And I remember someone posted this a while ago. I think I posted it once.

Anyways...I don't know about the dagger, but arrows would definitely work. The Romans did it, why can't we.

(And I er...3/4th support. I don't fully support as you need a little more thinking. The basic idea is also unoriginal. Yet it's still a good idea. And mind if I make a whole new thread with all possible weapons and going into more detail? I'll be sure to credit you with the dagger part.)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

WOW! Amazing idea! I fully support.

A great new use for firemaking. Perhaps it would have to be re-light every hour or so.

It could do burn damage to the enemy and cause the enemy to turn slightly red with flames bellowing up.

And the better the log you use to light the weapon the better the burn bonus?

log- 1 burn damage

oak- 3

willow- 6

yew- 7

magic log- 9 (but it would hit very seldom) (VERY)

~L \'

RSN- Lemontail

Pure Ranger Name- X Kaprisen X

Lemontail.gif

Lemontail.gif

Click here for my 99 Mining and Cooking blog!

Haha funny idea but it's not going to happen I recon. Don't think JaGeX will make a feature where you can set your dagger on fire. The idea is funny to, I support because I'd like to see how many people actually do.

296kver.png

Credits to Skully Sc for the signature.24picns.png

if not dagger on fire.. im pretty sure they will think about having arrows on fire

they couldm ake a mini-game out of it. 2 teams just firing at each others base with fire arrows till its destoryed lol

if not dagger on fire.. im pretty sure they will think about having arrows on fire

they couldm ake a mini-game out of it. 2 teams just firing at each others base with fire arrows till its destoryed lol

you already get flaming arrows problem is u have toi make them one by one in underground pass and they cant be used for combat (i think) <3:

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Maybe the Dragon Dagger is made out of Dragon hide, therefore it can be put on fire. :wink:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

If this were to go over at all, I think secondary damage BUT NOT LONG-TERM LIKE POSION would be appropriate here. For instance, each connecting hit of the dagger would deal a small amount of immediate "flame" damage. Targets in metal and cloth armors would be vulnerable to this, while targets using antifire potions/shields or wearing dragonhide would be almost fully resistant to it.

Lighting a weapon on fire should also lower its accuracy until the fire goes out per the smoke issuing forth from the dagger as well as the uncomfortable heat it gives off.

yeah. if it was long term damage it would be to much. and maybe if your wearing items like anti-dragon shield that weakens the strength of the flame.

this would solve

: More things to do with fire

: Different ways to fight

: different ways to stay alive

: new herblore potion for the burn

btw im in the middle on underground pass and yeah. there allready is fire arrows you use in it. but you cant use it for combat at all and the fire has no effect.

The are all ready fire arrows. Maybe if not seconds how about hits? Like the dragon dagger gets 20 hits while on fire and the d scimmy gets 10 and so on. And a spec counts as 2?( dds 4 brcause it hits twice )

Othe wise it's a good idea. =D>

Okay, fire arrows already appear. Mind telling me what they appear as? If they're something like "Fire Arrows", then okay...The new thing can be "Arrows (f)" or something. Would some people get scammed and be confused? Probably. But most people that read the updates carefully wouldn't.

Now the extra damage instead of poison-like status...Sure. Have the red splat and say...A...Orange...(Not like the Zogre one) splat...? The amount of extra damage would count on your levels (Firemaking and combat) as well as weapon. Would that work?

(And like poison, I'd say it can only be applied to arrows, daggers, spears and whatever else poison can be applied to.)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

10 seconds? #-o

*Lights dagger*

*runs out to wild*

*dagger goes out*

Awww :cry:

lmao!!! lol yea the 10 seconds thing isnt a good idea...cause if your about to fire up and then the person runs by u and it takes 10 seconds jsut to catch up lol...but other wise it sounds good but i dont think it will really work to well

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

maybe dagger makes no sense but a stick with something over it with oil or something that u use with tinderbox the higher your fm is the longer the fire will last and than if you have like 10 fm you can do 1 fire damage( like posion not just when you hit ) and if you have 20 2 damage and 30 3 damage and so on..... till 99 and that is 9 damage but it would light up much faster also the 9 damage will come once in the minute 8 and 7 to others once in half a minute

How does 20 minutes turn into 2.5 hours? Was your math perhaps magical math?

klaus.jpg

Metal cannot be lighted up. And usual metals or pure metal elements have a very high melting point. I doubt pure metals would be used to make weapons. I am suspecting that JaGeX uses a combination of alloy and Nippon blood red paint to make their daggers.

drapit.png

yeah ok.. but i need to find a way to stop it. like poison you need to drink anti poison.. hmm. what do you use to fix a burn. maybe soem sort of potion were you tip on your burn and you get healed

anti fire easy!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket