Any coppers here? A few questions...

Google90

I know its totally OT...but hey! :)

But im posting in a few forums, including this one...Just wanted a few vies

Located in Boston, Mass, for reference .

Well, im finishing my sophomore year this June, and I've already made my decision that Im interested In Law Enforcement(always wanted to be a copper. I would like to be in the Massachusetts State Police.

I just have a few questions...Is this career really worth it? I know there are way better jobs, but this is what I would like to do.

Should I first follow a degree in criminal justice? Since I'll be 18 1/2 years old before I graduate, I won't be able to join any departments until I am 21. So I am not not sure what I am to do in those 2.5 years after highschool .I am a little overwhelmed, and I know I shouldn't be. I just want get my priorities straight! Thankss :harhar:

My Step-father is a Police Officer. I think he joined a department at 18 or 19. He loved it, but as he got older it got harder for him to do (night shifts and the like). So, he went to detective.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Well...

Do what you want. Personally, I'd choose a job I love that isn't exactly worth it over a job that I like but is worth it. Your opinion matters most. We don't know what'd be worth it for you. You do. If it's what you really, really want to do, go for it! ::'

(But making decisions like that at your age, well, things can change. You might find a new interest, but if you don't think that's likely, go ahead...)

(And you definitely will not get shot if you become a police officer in the second safest city in the USA, and formerly the safest...[PM me for the name, you might know it]...The last murder there was the first in 12 years, and it was some guy from Framingham. The last guy from Newton to be shot in Newton? Who knows...A long time ago...)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Well...

Do what you want. Personally, I'd choose a job I love that isn't exactly worth it over a job that I like but is worth it. Your opinion matters most. We don't know what'd be worth it for you. You do. If it's what you really, really want to do, go for it! ::'

(But making decisions like that at your age, well, things can change. You might find a new interest, but if you don't think that's likely, go ahead...)

(And you definitely will not get shot if you become a police officer in the second safest city in the USA, and formerly the safest...[PM me for the name, you might know it]...The last murder there was the first in 12 years, and it was some guy from Framingham. The last guy from Newton to be shot in Newton? Who knows...A long time ago...)

Oh, I know that its Newton :-w . But im not the suburb type guy. I live in a neighbor hood of homes seperated by fences.

Yay, another rights violater in training!

I'd recommend going to college for 4 years. For anything. If you're still interested in it by then, join the FBI. At least they get paid more. Barely.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I'm going to be a cop too, but i graduate this year and i'm only 17 so 4 years to go, which is exactly how long it takes to get a bachelor of arts degree :wink: I have a few friends/family in law enforcement and they love it...they say you are graded on a points system, so for example, if you have a college/university degree (arts usually) you get X points, if you don't you don't get any, they also look for people who volunteer within the community so try volunteering too...although i live in Canada so our process may be different.

yes.png

Well...

Oh, I know that its Newton :-w . But im not the suburb type guy. I live in a neighbor hood of homes seperated by fences.

Fair enough.

I'd recommend going to college (Plenty of good ones in this area, we can agree on that) and seeing what you want to after that. If you still want to be a cop, then go join a department. Found yourself something else you'd like? Go try that. But don't take too long and keep switching back and forth.

And if you choose to become a cop, or if you already know that you will definitely be one...

It depends on what type of cop...The type of cop that runs out there and shoots people, or the type of cop that stays in the station and does the brain work. There are probably different things you need to do for each, so go find out what you want to do and what you have to do to get there. Or something.

(Oh wow...I'm smart...I put Newton in my last post... :wall: )

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I'd recommend going to college for 4 years. For anything. If you're still interested in it by then, join the FBI. At least they get paid more. Barely.

That's a joke, right? :wall: :P

Anyway being a cop would be pretty cool although not for me. Anyone watch the show 'cops'? Way cool. 8-) =P~

Anyway being a cop would be pretty cool although not for me. Anyone watch the show 'cops'? Way cool. 8-) =P~

Nothing like that happens over here in Australia though Warri0r, you need to head over to the states in particular California to see the good stuff! :P

I was going to be a Special Constable, but laziness meant I never actually sent off the application form ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Nothing like that happens over here in Australia though Warri0r, you need to head over to the states in particular California to see the good stuff! :P

True. Hence why it's so entertaining. :P

I plan on going into the policeforce over here in New Zealand, but not for a few years. I'm 20 at the moment, they have been taking 18 year olds in recevntly, but I do think it is far too young.

i plan on going overseas and do a bit of travel, then maybe go into the force when I around 25.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

I'm gonna hijack your thread for a minute Google, 'cause I have a question for the coppas too. :wink:

I'm not asking this to ensue a flame war, so please don't overreact:

How do you feel about people or groups (for example, N.W.A) who say things such as "F*** the police!", or things along those lines. I'm not condoning them are saying it myself, it's just such a harsh statement and I would like to know how you guys react to it. I would've be very happy about it...