Travellers Opposite me!

Achilleus

I dont want to offend anyone but travellers have just moved into the field next to me

Has anyone else had this experience ...Also if you have please can you tell

1) I know this is generlising...but did they steal anything? make lots of noise etc

2) how long did it take them to move

Yeah I live ina rural area and they used to set up in a nearby field. Thankfully they got so many complaints, they were forced to move on.

Yes, they did steal, they stole a phone from a builder than was working on our house and when they came here, crime went up from 3 to something over 10. Don't leave bikes lying around...

sig5235ro7.jpg

Yeah I live ina rural area and they used to set up in a nearby field. Thankfully they got so many complaints, they were forced to move on.

Yes, they did steal, they stole a phone from a builder than was working on our house and when they came here, crime went up from 3 to something over 10. Don't leave bikes lying around...

:ohnoes:

Bi Bi computer :( ?

Also my aunty (I live with) has around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50,000 worth of musical instruments :ohnoes:

I heard they'll eat your pets.

Omg I know this is sounds stpid..but I have a dog and her name is actually Gypsy....No joke

I cant take my dog out in the field now becus if I call her back......Ill get shot

I might have to change my dogs name for a few days

They visit our village occasionally and are usually very pleasant. They may ask if you have anything unwanted that you'd be willing to give them, but I've never known them to actually steal anything. They tend to leave quite a mess behind them when they move on though. Obviously, I can't guarantee the same of those in your area.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

:ohnoes:

Bi Bi computer :( ?

Also my aunty (I live with) has around ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã50,000 worth of musical instruments :ohnoes:

In that case, make sure they get locked away in their cases at night, dont leave them around the room...
sig5235ro7.jpg

There are some jippos set up permenantly next to the dump on my town. People usually go ask if they want owt before they take their stuff to the dump.

Also my stepdad works in a school where there are currently some gypsies and he says that the parents are actually really nice people. they swear alot but really nice. He said that also he went into their caravans and they are actually spotless and the woman could tell that he expected it to be a [cabbage] tip but laughed it off.

iteme3721.jpg

Wait wait wait, the UK has gypsies? :shock: :-s

Yep, so does the majority of Europe too. I remember the last time I went to both Italy and Ireland both places had bars and shops close down because of travelers who often start toruble.

However here in England people tend to ignore and get on with life.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Wait wait wait, the UK has gypsies? :shock: :-s

Yep, so does the majority of Europe too. I remember the last time I went to both Italy and Ireland both places had bars and shops close down because of travelers who often start toruble.

However here in England people tend to ignore and get on with life.

I always associated gypsies with France and Spain around the turn of the century (1990) and 1800's. I've only associated them in modern times with Romania and some of Eastern Europe.

Wow, I had thought there'd be laws. :shock:

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

The generalisation is kinda bad - i'm sure there are good and bad gypsies.

On topic - when they moved in near my uncles house it was legal as it was community land - solution: uncle bought the land.

Any local farmers with a muck spreader is also an option.

Just make sure you take basic security precautions that you should take regardless.

Just keep a close eye on your possessions, be safe and sensible, and you'll be fine.

Also, don't forget the most important thing: Treat them with curteousy and respect, as you would want them to. Confrontation and grief can be avoided so easily this way. Don't pre-meditate what you think they are, as that will only serve to create the thought you fear.

You're talking about Gypsies? :shock:

I thought you were talking about migrant workers or something. Didn't know Gypsies still existed.

Anyway, they're still PEOPLE and all people deserve respect. I'm not saying that you should go out and... do Gypsy things with them. But, don't act so hostile toward them. If I could tell that they were good people, (like if they kept to themselves and respected your property) I might even go out and talk to them. They could be interesting. :D

3898000bYVcx.png

Don't get into a fight with any of them. It likely you'll end up the worse off plus the chances of your car being nicked/torched increases significantly. Yes i'm generalising but i don't care, theres a big difference between proper roma gypsies and gippos. Its the gippos that cause the problems and eat swans.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

and eat swans.

Pardon my ignorance, but really? O.O

That was kinda a joke but based on a true story that the BBC ran about immigrants eating the swans lol.

Someone once told me that all swans belong to the Queen and she is the only one allowed to eat them. Not sure if its true though, hehe.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Someone once told me that all swans belong to the Queen and she is the only one allowed to eat them. Not sure if its true though, hehe.

It's true about swans technically belonging to the Queen but I don't know is she can eat them. On that note, I wonder what swans taste like.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)