Counter Strike Questions

Eliminator10

I'm considering getting counter strike for the pc. But before I do so, I have a few questions:

-Is there a difference between Counter Strike & Counter Strike Source?

-Which is the game that everyone plays on?

-Is Counter Strike Source a standalone game or expansion pack?

-I've heard a lot about the program steam - will it allow me to directly download the game to my computer, or does it ship the game to me when I purchase it?

-What is the connection between counter strike and half life?

-With my goal being to play online, what should I buy?

Thanks! :D

Pr2.png

Ok

Counterstrike source is a revamped version of the original cs better graphics bigger hitboxes and stuff id reccomnd gettign this over the original because it is a little easier.

more people play source.

yes steam will let you download the game and will let you pay for the game via credit card.

counterstrike started out as a mod to half life and a lot of people played it and then it took off from there thats why youll see game bundles (im not sure if they do it anymore) of half life 2 and cs source.

well since your new id suggest source.

mr0solitaire.png

Currently playing... WoW - C:SS

Taking a huge break from rs.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... ar&n=Nelaz

Source - Better physics engine, graphics, gameplay - but thats my opinion (gameplay), so can't be taken as fact.

Download steam for free here:

Using the Steam client you can pay for CS. However I got source by getting Half Life 2 (CS:S came with it) from the shops. I'll recommend source as it's easier to play (and has the zombie mod ^^).

I'm considering getting counter strike for the pc. But before I do so, I have a few questions:

-Is there a difference between Counter Strike & Counter Strike Source? Cs 1.6 doesn't have much scripting and tweakign in, CS:S does (Eg. cl_crosshairscale

-Which is the game that everyone plays on?Cs 1.6

-Is Counter Strike Source a standalone game or expansion pack?Standalone

-I've heard a lot about the program steam - will it allow me to directly download the game to my computer, or does it ship the game to me when I purchase it? You can just play it on your computer when you download

-What is the connection between counter strike and half life? Valve

-With my goal being to play online, what should I buy? Cs 1.6, CS:S for fun.

Thanks! :D

Come play CS 1.6 with me :D

;>

Might as well answer aswell.

Yer just better graphics, works better so on, all thats been said.

Most i should think play on CSS.

Standalone, good deal is to get halflife 2 and loads of other HL games and CSS off Amazon for about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10.

Steam downloads it to you, but you still can buy most the games off other retailers i should think. steam is pretty useless though so prepared to be annoyed.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working.

Might as well answer aswell.

Yer just better graphics, works better so on, all thats been said.

Most i should think play on CSS.

Standalone, good deal is to get halflife 2 and loads of other HL games and CSS off Amazon for about ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã10.

Steam downloads it to you, but you still can buy most the games off other retailers i should think. steam is pretty useless though so prepared to be annoyed.

Yea, I agree. I'd say your best bet is to buy a package with HL2/whatever other games come with it, including Source. I haven't checked prices on amazon as stated above, but they'd deffinitely seem like the best choice to buy from.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

-Is there a difference between Counter Strike & Counter Strike Source?

-Which is the game that everyone plays on?

-Is Counter Strike Source a standalone game or expansion pack?

-I've heard a lot about the program steam - will it allow me to directly download the game to my computer, or does it ship the game to me when I purchase it?

-What is the connection between counter strike and half life?

-With my goal being to play online, what should I buy?

here are my answers in corisponding order with the questions

- counter strike first of its kind, best feel to it, source is just 1.6 with the source engine, personally 1.6 over source for consistity of gameplay, being pro i choose 1.6 over source, but i have played cevo for a season on source. really i dont see the competitiveness in source, its very inaccurate and such.

-1.6 = pro source= people who like graphics

-stand alone

-steam owns your soul

-halflife developed 1.6

- buy both, depending on your card if bad, then just 1.6