Underage Drinking

deloriagod

The impression I'm getting from this thread is that nobody likes getting/being wasted. I find this strange.

Why throw away money, brain cells and dignity? If you need to do that to enjoy yourself, then it's time to start getting creative.

See, this is the problem I have with non-drinkers. Why be so judgemental?

I don't consider it to be throwing away money, because I'm enjoying myself. As of yet, it hasn't had much effect on my brain, but I'll take the risks gladly. As for dignity, not everyone falls over in a puddle of their own spew every time they drink.

I don't need to drink to enjoy myself, but in general it does make things more fun. There's a reason it sells so well.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My stance is it's alright if you do it responsibly. I don't drink often but everyone in my class does every weekend, I'm fine with that. I love to drink once in a while, I love white rum, Coorslight and MGD. Oh Hennessey's not to bad either ;).

My parents are cool with drinking if it's done responsibly, since my brothers and sisters did it underage they know what to look for if it ever becomes a problem.

I'm 17, one year off lol.

lookrt2.jpg

I'm not surprised most of the members here allegedly don't drink...same reason I foresaw the fact that noone cares about what they wear in the "fashion" thread a few weeks ago. We all know what kind of people visit these forums, I don't have to say it out loud, we all know.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I'm not surprised most of the members here allegedly don't drink...same reason I foresaw the fact that noone cares about what they wear in the "fashion" thread a few weeks ago. We all know what kind of people visit these forums, I don't have to say it out loud, we all know.

I am, seeing as the majority of replies in this seven page thread says the exact opposite?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Edited out, my bad.

Warrior in reply to your post you may see that what I am talking about is getting blind drunk with your friends, I'm not talking about knocking back a couple of beers while watching tv or what have you...maybe I should have made that clearer.

The impression I'm getting from this thread is that nobody likes getting/being wasted. I find this strange.

Why throw away money, brain cells and dignity? If you need to do that to enjoy yourself, then it's time to start getting creative.

Who's being judgmental? I gave my personal reasons for not getting drunk. Do you have a problem with me answering your implied question?

summerpngwy6.jpg

What was the point in saying that? Apart from attempting to distance yourself from the very forum where you have over one thousand posts on, do you believe you are somehow superior to everyone here? Denial anyone? over 38 million exp in Runescape and with a name like 'Poopingman' you are clearly the cool guy within the walls of this forum.

Warrior in reply to your post you may see that what I am talking about is getting blind drunk with your friends, I'm not talking about knocking back a couple of beers while watching tv or what have you...maybe I should have made that clearer.

Quick judgements can be a fatal, d'oh.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

What was the point in saying that? Apart from attempting to distance yourself from the very forum where you have over one thousand posts on, do you believe you are somehow superior to everyone here? Denial anyone? over 38 million exp in Runescape and with a name like 'Poopingman' you are clearly the cool guy within the walls of this forum.

I see. Still, not everyone drinks to get drunk with mates just because of peer pressure. I've been drinking with mates where I'd only have a sixer and they'd have half a carton. If you have friends that pressure you into drinking or you feel pressured into getting blind drunk with them, they are pretty crap friends.

From what I was getting originally, you were saying the people only drink because of peer pressure. Now that we've cut that down to only getting drunk with mates, I hope I've shown you that your stance isn't entirely correct for everyone (if that's what you were getting at. If you weren't, I apologise.)

Who's being judgmental? I gave my personal reasons for not getting drunk. Do you have a problem with me answering your implied question?

Quite clearly you projected your reasons for not getting drunk onto anyone who does. You implied that anyone who likes 'getting wasted' throws away money, brain cells and dignity.

Anyway, I was referring to the 'drinkers' who said they only drink a little bit. I found this odd, probably because I'm British, and drinking is part of our culture.

Dear Alcohol,

First & foremost, let me tell you that I'm a huge fan of yours. As my friend, you always seem to be there when needed. The perfect post-work cocktail, a beer at the game, and you're even around at the holidays, hidden inside chocolates, as you warm us when we're stuck in the midst of endless family gatherings. However, lately I've been wondering about your intentions. While I want to believe that you have my best interests at

heart, I feel that your influence has led to some unwise consequences:

1. Phone calls: While I agree with you that communication is important, I question the suggestion that any conversation of substance or necessity takes place after 2 a.m. Why would you make me call those ex-boyfriends/girlfriends when I know for a fact they do not want to hear from me during the day, let alone all hours of the night?

2. Eating: Now, you know I love a good meal, but why do you suggest that I eat a taco with fire sauce, along with a big Italian meatball and some stale bbq chips (washed down with WINE & topped off with a Kit Kat after a few cheese curls & chili cheese fries)? I'm an eclectic eater, but I think you went too far this time.

3. Clumsiness: Unless you're subtly trying to tell me that I need to do more yoga to improve my balance, I see NO need to hammer the issue home by causing me to fall down. It's completely unnecessary, and the black & blue marks that appear on my body mysteriously the next day are beyond me. Similarly, it should never take me more than 45 seconds to get the front

door key into the lock

4. Furthermore: The hangovers have GOT to stop. This is getting ridiculous. I know a little penance for our previous evening's debauchery may be in order, but the 3pm hangover immobility is completely unacceptable. My entire day is shot. I ask that, if the proper precautions are taken (water, vitamin B, bread products, aspirin) prior to going to sleep/passing out face down on the kitchen floor with a bag of popcorn, the hangover should be minimal & in no way interfere with my daily activities.

Alcohol, I have enjoyed our friendship for some years now & would like to ensure that we remain on good terms. You've been the invoker of great stories, the provocation for much laughter, and the needed companion when I just don't know what to do with the extra money in my pockets.

In order to continue this friendship, I ask that you carefully review my grievances above & address them immediately. I will look for an answer no later than Thursday 3pm (pre-happy hour) on your possible solutions & hopefully, we can continue this fruitful partnership.

Thank you,

Your biggest fan

IGoddessI

P.S. THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Innovative 2. Preliminary 3. Proliferation 4. Cinnamon

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Specificity 2. British Constitution 3. Passive-aggressive disorder

THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Thanks, but I don't want to have sex.

2. Nope, no more beer for me.

3. Sorry, but you're not really my type.

4. Good evening, officer. Isn't it lovely out tonight?

5. Oh, I couldn't. No one wants to hear me sing

6. Fight? No way. Let's sit down and talk this out

7. Text message? No I have sent enough for the night

8. Dance? No I should't I should just sit here in the barstool.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I drink for the same reasons Insane said. Why spend the money, brain cells, etc?

If anyone here can actually justify drinking alcohol, I'd love to hear it. And if you say "It helps me have a good time", congratulations, you're about as fun as a rock when you're sober.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I drink for the same reasons Insane said. Why spend the money, brain cells, etc?

If anyone here can actually justify drinking alcohol, I'd love to hear it. And if you say "It helps me have a good time", congratulations, you're about as fun as a rock when you're sober.

I do it because I like the feeling I get and if I'm stressed it loosens me up a bit. Good justification or not, it's still justification. At least I'm not doing it because of peer preassure. Hell, half my friends don't like it when I drinnk.

Beer tastes good.

Beer tastes good.

You might have a point :P.

But I'm sure there are other things that taste good.

Beer tastes good.

You might have a point :P.

But I'm sure there are other things that taste good.

Of course. The justification you could use for consuming other things could be used for consuming alcohol, if you like the taste.

Quite clearly you projected your reasons for not getting drunk onto anyone who does. You implied that anyone who likes 'getting wasted' throws away money, brain cells and dignity.

Relative to not getting drunk, it's a true statement.

summerpngwy6.jpg

If you like it, it's not wasting money. Say I like to buy Cokes. You do not like Coke, so therefore you say it's a waste of money to buy Coke.

That part right there is all in opinion, Insane.

I think he is just trying to point out the bias opinion these forums might have, since he does have a point. Although he could have done that with a little more respect, not just bashing everyone. He is obviously trying to be the "cool" as Striker put it, which is kind of lame.

my grandfather was an alcoholic, so its a bit scary. I admit i drink underage, but I am always very careful that I don't drink to hide any emotions. In fact whenever I have a bad week, drinking is the last thing I do. I drink to get buzzed, sometimes to binge, I am not going to lie about that either. I know its a bad habit, but I really try to not do it often. I always try to keep my friends safe as they do for me, when we drink.

Underage drinking is really hard to stop, and unfortunely there are plenty bad stories. I know when I have kids I will not let them underage drink, even though I do it now. Ofcourse, I am just a teenager and i'm stupid, but its fun. I don't approve it for anyone under 16 at all though.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

I think he is just trying to point out the bias opinion these forums might have, since he does have a point. Although he could have done that with a little more respect, not just bashing everyone. He is obviously trying to be the "cool" as Striker put it, which is kind of lame.

my grandfather was an alcoholic, so its a bit scary. I admit i drink underage, but I am always very careful that I don't drink to hide any emotions. In fact whenever I have a bad week, drinking is the last thing I do. I drink to get buzzed, sometimes to binge, I am not going to lie about that either. I know its a bad habit, but I really try to not do it often. I always try to keep my friends safe as they do for me, when we drink.

Underage drinking is really hard to stop, and unfortunely there are plenty bad stories. I know when I have kids I will not let them underage drink, even though I do it now. Ofcourse, I am just a teenager and i'm stupid, but its fun. I don't approve it for anyone under 16 at all though.

How am I being cool about it? Lol...Its not like I'm making this up. Just look at the fashion thread, I simply pointed it out, almost everyone agreed, I believe I am right under these circumstances as well....some people just take things the wrong way I guess.

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

If you like it, it's not wasting money. Say I like to buy Cokes. You do not like Coke, so therefore you say it's a waste of money to buy Coke.

It's not an opinion. All consumable objects that do nothing for you in the long-run are a waste of money, even if you enjoy them. RuneScape is a waste of money. Cigarettes, beer, candy, blah blah blah. People like the stuff, but it does nothing for them positively 5 years down the road, infact, I'd wager that most will regret consuming whatever it may be.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I don't drink, probably never will....i don't see everyones fascination with it....it doesn't taste nice, when i ask them they say they do it to get drunk, to be honest, most people who get drunk only do it because they have a boring personality when they aren't drunk

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

It's not an opinion. All consumable objects that do nothing for you in the long-run are a waste of money, even if you enjoy them. RuneScape is a waste of money. Cigarettes, beer, candy, blah blah blah. People like the stuff, but it does nothing for them positively 5 years down the road, infact, I'd wager that most will regret consuming whatever it may be.

How is enjoyment not justification for spending money? That seems like an awfully cynical view to have.

Saying it's a waste of money is saying other consumables are a waste of money. Yes, the habit can be more expensive than other consumables, but it's not necessarily a waste.

Now, if we're talking about an addiction, that's a whole new kettle of fish.

How is enjoyment not justification for spending money? That seems like an awfully cynical view to have.

I'm having a hard time believing anyone actually enjoys alcohol for what it is and not for what it does to your body. Beer tastes like watered-down aweful, and other alcohols are pretty much all crappy tasting, and on top of that, burn on the way down! It's my observation that if something burns on the way down when you're drinking it, it's because your body doesn't is saying "Hey, uhh...Don't drink that..." just as with how you cough when you smoke a cigarette.

Anyways, even if I enjoy something, I'm smart enough to acknowledge that yes, it's a waste of money. I played MMO's, and the entire time I KNEW it was a waste of money and that in the long run, it would do nothing positive for me, but I did it anyways because it was fun at the time. Same goes for beer and cigarettes and la-de-da.

But whatever, keep on drinkin' so you can get 5 DWI's and spend a few months in jail while someone who smokes pot and sits in their basement gets 15 years. ;)

- Me!