Accents and stereotypical views....

mcneilp

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i once watched the Jerry Springer show and it had something like hillbillys on it or so the title said!

Anyway..i could not understand a single word. Is that a redneck accent? sorry about it but i hates it :evil:

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Northeastern American accents bother me the most. I think that they say actual words about 25% of the time they're speaking, and the other 75% is just a bunch of syllables strung together that mean nothing.

:mrgreen:

DANG YANKEES!!!! GET R DUNN!!!!

still loving the sig kc :wink:

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

I really hate our stereotype?That because we're in Asia,we're stupid?

Come on,we're not even twice as smart as that.At least,I'm not,with 150-ish IQ points...

Eh? Where did you get that from. There's actually quite a stereotype at my school that a lot of the South East or Eastern Asians are all super smart.

Yea... I was under the impression that asians were stereotypically smart :-? :-s

I thought the stereotype was that they can't drive :-k

But i can't believe no one else hates the Kiwi accent. Every time i hear this Nz girl i know open her mouth i literally want to punch her. It really makes my blood boil, and i have no idea why.

untitled-1.png

i once watched the Jerry Springer show and it had something like hillbillys on it or so the title said!

Anyway..i could not understand a single word. Is that a redneck accent? sorry about it but i hates it :evil:

If you are referring to " Yooper accent " no it is not a redneck accent. ( lol )

Look up Yooper dialect from Wikipedia to get a better understanding of our

accent.

Ya know you may even find it interesting "Eh". :wink: :lol:

queenvalerie.png

Anything not Canadian or north USA im not a really big fan of. Can't understand most people (We'll i can understand UK English people, but i think thats a generic Canadian trait.)

Edit: I do always have my beaver at my side...

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Northeastern American accents bother me the most. I think that they say actual words about 25% of the time they're speaking, and the other 75% is just a bunch of syllables strung together that mean nothing.

People tell me I sound angry whenever I talk. I emphasize my L's a little too much and I often pronounce I's like long E's. Girls think it's cute, though. :mrgreen:

I think you're talking about the Boston accent. "Pahk da cah, in da Hahvahd yahd." "Wicked awesome." That about sum it up? Most people from Boston talk that way, but once you get about 60 miles from the city, you hear it less often.

One accent I can't stand is the Brazillian Portugese accent. There has recently been an explosion of Portugese speaking Brazillians in my town, and I can't understand a single one of them, even the ones that are my friends. <.<

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

I thought the stereotype was that they can't drive :-k

They have loads...

-Can't drive

-Super smart

-Work in sweatshops

-All have family HONAR (Honor)

Around here some people think you're Mexican because you look hispanic. But it doesn't bother me though. I always say "Yes" if they ask if I'm Mexican while I'm really not. :P

Mexican Sterotypes

-Poor

-All illegals o.O

-Beans and toriallas for dinner 4 lyfe!11

-Love soccer (or Futbol)

But I do want to point out, I like British accent.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

People tell me I sound angry whenever I talk. I emphasize my L's a little too much and I often pronounce I's like long E's. Girls think it's cute, though. :mrgreen:

I think you're talking about the Boston accent. "Pahk da cah, in da Hahvahd yahd." "Wicked awesome." That about sum it up? Most people from Boston talk that way, but once you get about 60 miles from the city, you hear it less often.

One accent I can't stand is the Brazillian Portugese accent. There has recently been an explosion of Portugese speaking Brazillians in my town, and I can't understand a single one of them, even the ones that are my friends. <.<

Boston, Manhattan, that general area. I heard one person once condense the name of the city Worcester (normally pronounced "War-chest-er" from what I could gather) to "Wahksta."

the russians are the best! Hands down!
Womzoomed-1.gif

Boston, Manhattan, that general area. I heard one person once condense the name of the city Worcester (normally pronounced "War-chest-er" from what I could gather) to "Wahksta."

lol, yankees arent the only ones who do that. Nearby where i live is the city of Lancaster, pronounced Lan-cast-er. easy right? no, round these parts its lancstr, prounounced as fast as humanly possible. it isnt uncommon for someone to use a sentance like "You didnt bring billy back frum Lancstr widja didja?" I love being able to slip out of the accent at will <3:

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those that matter don't mind, and those that mind don't matter.

My girlfriends >.< Good God, the Essex, correction, any Southern Londonish area, has to be the worst thing I've ever heard. Quoting Family Guy again, but Stewie Griffin is right. They don't so much speak the language as they do butcher it, and the also do the upper inflection at the end of everything, as in everything's a question.

I can't stand it. I cannot stand it. You may think "Oh, that's rich, coming from a scouser!", but at least we use our th's, we don't 'fink' about 'staff', we just say it quicker and a hell of a lot clearer. Learn to smegging speak.

Ahahhaaaha my accent to a T. Saaaaaf London init. Lol, be glad I don't type the way I speak. It does lead to a lot of stereotyping, especially when I come out of London, but when growing up everyone around you speaks the same way as you do, including your parents, then jeez.

I dislike South African accent, only because I can't figure it out, it sounds like a jumble of accents put together, and just sounds wrong. That or bristol accent. Swear they sound like farmers. The best looking person with the best personality in the world would get a thumbs down if he spoke with a bristol accent.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

I dislike South African accent, only because I can't figure it out, it sounds like a jumble of accents put together, and just sounds wrong.

That's one of my favorite accents. :P

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.