Blizzard's New Game: Starcraft 2

Mr_Putter

Thanks for clearing that up Nad.

Well I guess if I had to choose what franchise I wanted work on, it'd definatly be starcraft. Though it'd be soo hard to live up to arguably the best multiplayer RTS ever created. And if it's Starcraft Ghost they're picking up on again, screw that. Theres enough FPS's out there :)

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rootin for SCII, it's long over due.. I mean they only made 3 wc games after the first one ><

Agreed, I would like to see a Starcraft 2 as well

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

I guess we'll all find out here on Saturday. Blizzards announcement is 3 days away. I'd also like to mention that the announcement is in Korea where they have a very large fanbase. I'm pretty sure Korea even airs Starcraft matches on T.V.

Well I hope it is a new MMO and really hope its not. Because this would really screw WoW. WoW to me is kind of in "early" stages. I know its a couple years old, but it still needs a lot of tweaking and it only has 1 expansion. And plus on the Official WoW forums they said their going to make an expansion every year so I really doubt it WoW 2. I hope is Starcraft 2 / MMO.

cyco_1.jpg

It might be SC 2 or a SC MMO.

I think it'll be a SC MMO though because one, MMOs are where the money is atm. As you've seen with WoWs success. Also, if Blizzard is able to create a sci-fi MMO with avatars, and planetary movement and spaceships, etc they'll easily be ahead of their biggest competitor in the sci-fi genre, EVE Online.

The only thing is, Blizzard will probably make the SC MMO more of a title that appeals to the casual players or mature/role playing crowd. Its graphics won't be as cartoonish, and will be more cutting edge and realistic, around Quake 4s graphics possibly. That way they have WoW that appeals to everyone, and SC MMO that appeals to the rest who don't like WoW.

100% monopolization.

Click here to help me level!

108486.gif

Thanks for the help!

It might be SC 2 or a SC MMO.

I think it'll be a SC MMO though because one, MMOs are where the money is atm. As you've seen with WoWs success. Also, if Blizzard is able to create a sci-fi MMO with avatars, and planetary movement and spaceships, etc they'll easily be ahead of their biggest competitor in the sci-fi genre, EVE Online.

The only thing is, Blizzard will probably make the SC MMO more of a title that appeals to the casual players or mature/role playing crowd. Its graphics won't be as cartoonish, and will be more cutting edge and realistic, around Quake 4s graphics possibly. That way they have WoW that appeals to everyone, and SC MMO that appeals to the rest who don't like WoW.

100% monopolization.

If they do a starcraft MMO I deffinitly see them doing a PvP heavy one. Fits very well with the starcraft universe.

I'm definitely hoping for and expecting something Starcraft related. I really hope it isn't an MMO. I hate RPGs. I would extremely happy if it were a new RTS.

Hmm a SC MMORPG could be very interesting. Futuristic would be a change.

EDIT: They could have done a better WoW quote :-k

cyco_1.jpg

Couple hours left until they announce.
But I want to go to bed now :(.

I'm filling up a group atm in WoW so its pretty much garenteed i'm not going to sleep for a couple more hours. :D

I dying of anticipation. Well, not really, but I am curious. I guess I'll go play some Halo 2 until they announce. Unless it's going to be a long time, then I'll just go to bed after some Halo.

3:00 - FMV sequence in a spaceship - looks Terran - zooming in on a metal door - door opening - reveals a guy with a cigar in chains - prisoner - door shuts behind him - there's so much bass the room is shaking - guy steps into some kind of metallic devicce - legs are strapped in - guy rising toward ceiling - Korean text on screen got people very excited - another part of the machine is dropping metal arms on him - machine whirring - applying armor to his torso - extremly detailed visuals here - now guy is strapping on gloves - armor is molding together - seems like a Terran marine - rockets turn on - zerg now onscreen - Marine delivers a line - StarCraft 2 officially announced.

The problem with the gene pool is that there's no lifeguard.