-==Lawlowned's F2P Pure Guide==- *UPDATED*

Lawlowned

-=Introduction=-

Hi! My name is Lawlowned (Jacob), and I've had lots of experience with F2P pures. My current project, a Range/2h comboer, is at a standstill. So, with lots of time on my hands, I am going to show everyone the way I train, and how I would build my pure.

-=Starting Off=-

So, you really want a good pker? Well, to start off, you shouldn't train combat at all. So you don't violate Rule 8, you can't drop-trade, multiple log in, or other forms of interaction, you need to make some money. The easiest way to do this is to. . .

A. Do Rune Mysteries quest, use the bronze pick you got from Tutorial Island to mine rune ess. Mine 25, then run airs on World 16. Tip.it has many guides on how to do this.

B. Obtain 30 gp (you have 25, so figure it out :P). Travel to Karamja. Go over to the docks and begin fishing. Fish a full load, cook them on the fire, if there is none than don't repeatadly shout "FIRE! FRE!FIRE!O!I#", politley ask someone to light one, or switch channels. Do this until 40 fishing and cooking. Sell all your fish, you won't need them. When you reach 40, travel back to the mainland. Go over to the fish store, and purchase a lobster pot. Travel to Karamha again, and start fishing lobbies. Cook your lobs, until you have a full inventory. Travel back to the mainland, and bank them at Draynor or Falador. Repeat until you have about 1k cooked lobs. Then go to Edgeville world 5/1/3, and sell them to PK'ers for 250 each. Thats 250k to help you begin!

-=Starting Off (For real)=-

So, you have 250k in your pocket, a decent fishing/cooking level to fish/cook training/pking food. So, now its time to get some good stats. BUT WAIT! You don't even know what type of pure you want to be! So lets take a look at your choices.

Strength Pure- These pures are usually the cheapest, and sometimes the strongest. They usually max out at 40 att, and 60+ strength. With the introduction of SoS (Stronghold of Security), training these beasts has become CONSIDERABLY much easier.

Perfect Stats-

Att-40

Str-99

Hp-?

Everything else would be 1.

Range Pure- Early on these are very weak and fragile. They don't grow much stronger, until you hit 60 range or so. Then it becomes somewhat stronger. KO's are very hard to get, so most Pure Rangers either become Range/2H comboers or they quit all together.

Perfect Stats

Range-99

HP-60+

Mage Pure- These are the dominant force in the wildy from level 20-40. They hit double digits the earliest, and can max out their damage earlier. Then they become weak as Range/2hers own their butts, and meleers can start to hit 14s and 15s.

Perfect Stats

Mage-99

HP-?

Rune Pure- These have 40 defence, also called a tank ranger, Rune pures just use melee and range, except they have the luxury of 40 defence. Their not as widley used as in P2P in F2P, but they are still good for killing. They are mainly a Range/2Her with defence.

Perfect Stats- See below, except for 40 defence.

Range/2Her- Possibley the strongest in the F2P wilderness if performed right. They can easily hit 12-18 with a well performed combo. My current pure is one of these, and I can say from experience that they "pwn". :)

Perfect stats-

Att-40

Str-99

Range-99

HP-80+

Mage-37 for teles or 59 for Fire Blast

Everything else is 1.

Range 2her is basically a hybrid that uses range and melee predominantly. There isn't really any more commonly used pures, if there is please just post here and I'll be sure to add it.

-=Training=-

With the addition of the SoS, training pures with 1 Def has become increasingly easier. Here are my personal favorites.

Melee- These spots work for both 40 defence and 1 defence. I, personally, have never been a 40 defence pure. If someone could tell me some kickass spots for 40 defence, I will surely add them and give you credit.

Lvl 1-20 Attack/Strength/Defence- Probably the best spot would be chickens right out of lumbridge, cows across the road from there, or monks if your really vivacious (big word bonus!).

Lvl 20-40 Attack/Strength/Defence- The best spot hands down is Men in Edgeville. 7 HP, means 35 exp a kill. There are tons of them right in that house by the bank, go crazy. I got from 20-40 in one day (4 hours of play), so it is literally crazy. Possibly a bit crowded at some times, so train early and late at night and watch the experience roll in. Once again, if your feeling chancy try monks, but Men are definitley the better.

Lvl 40-60 Strength- Hill giants, Monks, Mossies are the traditional spots. But, one place blows them out of the water. STRONGHOLD OF SECURITY! Go to the second level, and all the way to the very top left from where you enter. Past the hallway that reminds me of your small intestine, and past the big room of zombies. There is a room of lvl 35 flesh crawlers. Can you say awsome exp? Bring some food, even though they only hit 1s, they hit often. Plus, this is the best part, THEY ARE AGGRRESSIVE! They will literally come to you. Stand in one corner and watch as the experience flows.

Lvl 60 strength+ The level 40-60 Strength places work fine, but if your feeling vivacious again, you can move a floor up in the SoS to the level 50 Giant Spiders. Bring plenty of food! They hit rather hard.

-=Range Training=-

Lvl 1-40- Hands down, Cows. Over yonder by the crafting guild, there is a little pasture full of level three cows. Little do they know, the slaughter house is very near. Kill these until 40, took me about 2 hours. :)

40- Forever- If you are rich enough to be able to train and not have to pick up arrows, then I have the place for you. Over by the monastery, there is a giant mountain with an oracle on it. Stand at the very northern tip, and range the level 26 Black Knights. They are awsome experience, never crowded, a little nook no one knows about. Just remember, you can't pick up arrows.

40-60 - For those who aren't rich enough to not pick up, you can train at Hill Giants. Bleh. IMO, they are crowded and should only be used if you have to. Try mossies in the Varrock Sewers if you can, bring a slash weapon to cut the web. :)

60-99 - Once again, if you aren't rich enough to not have to pick up arrows, try Lessers. Stand in between the two rocks with the torch, and range away. Beware, the one that spawns directly in front of the two rocks can reach you.

-=Mage Training=-

1-13- Simple. Get to 13 for fire strike at cows at Lumbridge.

13-99- Lesser in the Wizzy tower. On an uncrowded world, this beast spawns every 30 seconds and has great experience. If your above 33 mage take law runes, be on the look out for Rune Meds.

19-99- If you have the patience, and don't want many combat levels, or HP levels, than you can Curse from 19-99. I don't recommend this, seeing as though HP is a pures freind, but do as you wish. This applies to all curse/ weaken/ etc.

-=My Veiw On F2P Pray=-*This is all personal opinion. You may have another opinion, here is mine*

Prayer is worthless. Done.

Just kidding. F2P prayer is like soldiers in Iraq. It's useless. You have no prayer pots, so you could use it for a little while, then have to leave because your prayer ran out. Constantly running back and forth between altars recharging. really cuts down on your pking time. Also, it gives you unnescessary combat levels, ones that could be used towards strength, or range, or HP. In my opinion;

Prayer is worthless. :)

-=Pking and all that Stuff=-

So, you have your "godly stats", and you think your ready for the wilderness. Gung [garden tool] damnit, get your [wagon] in the wilderness. Right?

WRONG.

The biggest misconception in the wilderness today is that if you have good stats, you can pk. Well, I'm here to tell you that this opinion is wrong. So, where does pking actually begin?

For me, its lvl 3 Men in Lumbridge or Edgeville. To pk in F2P, you have to "combo" to get KO's. This means, you must combine two styles of fighting to get a kill. One of the most popular combos is Range/2h. The ranger pulls out a two hander at just the precise moment, and bam. The range hits and a quick two hander hits, and if your lucky,

"12-17 dead. OMGFNUBBQCAKEZ! RUNE SCIM 2H!!!!1111ONE1!!!11!!!2"

So, all you have to do is practice your combo, and you will get better.

So, once you are nice and practice. GET YOUR BUTT IN THE WILDERNESS! Go pking! Try out what works for you. Experiment. Don't be afraid of dieing. If a rune scim/2h is going to bankrupt you, then you shouldn't be pking. You can't write a guide on where and how to pk, its all in your personal opinions and likings. I personally like to pk at Castle in the single combat area, using Range and a 2H. That is a personal preference of mine. But its all in what you like, not what I put in a guide.

So, thats about all I can teach you in a guide.

OH WAIT!

I forgot this one last part.

-=Atlas=-

I will add this in when I finish all my pictures. I'm about 1/2 way done with them. :)

Attack- 40/40 DONE!

Strength- 54/70

Range- 60/80

Mage-40/60

CB level- 44

um... not too much information here, as in a lack of information.

pics would be nice, more overall info would be nice

I have to say GL against my guide, which will be up in a few days. maybe use my old one as an example of what yours should look like *points to sig*(just dont post on it)

I'll give you credit for being a decent writer, and you've got the basics down.

7/10 for this guide :thumbsup:

newsignature1fs8.png

KK start, a few typos. Karamaha ftw lawl. ALso, for rune pures, dont get ANY magic lvls unless ur member for vengeace. Being a tele noob has no respect. I dont know where you got the fire blast idea.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

add this

-=Good Training w/ little money=-

monkpicmn4.png

Monks at the monestary are always good xp, they are also good if you have little or no food because if you talk to them they will heal you. You can train here till 40 attack 60 strength easy. It is the cheapest way of getting to it. These sometimes can be crowded but if you look at worlds the xp can be amazing. Up to 10k an hour with a 20 att 30 str character.

-=Good Training w/ little money=-

[img=http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/8408/monkpicmn4.png]

Monks at the monestary are always good xp, they are also good if you have little or no food because if you talk to them they will heal you. You can train here till 40 attack 60 strength easy. It is the cheapest way of getting to it. These sometimes can be crowded but if you look at worlds the xp can be amazing. Up to 10k an hour with a 20 att 30 str character.

KsaWcing-ShopWorker.png

the training monster hits way too hard for 1 def pures

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Which one? Maybe mossies, but Flesh Crawlers hit 1's, Hillies 3s, theyre all doable. Someone told me Giant Spiders were good experience (he didn't want to be named) so I put it in.

Attack- 40/40 DONE!

Strength- 54/70

Range- 60/80

Mage-40/60

CB level- 44

This guide, i'm sorry to say, is garbage.

It's basically saying, "go train in stronghold till 99"

"go fire strike demons till 99"

Sorry, but it's not a guide. =;

funny12vqtv4.jpg

lhn%20kills.gif

KK start, a few typos. Karamaha ftw lawl. ALso, for rune pures, dont get ANY magic lvls unless ur member for vengeace. Being a tele noob has no respect. I dont know where you got the fire blast idea.

Mage always comes in handy because if you get maged you will be hit lower/less often

EDIT: for the guide, I've seen better pure guides but i'd give it a 6.5/10

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

i just started a f2per and well...mining and smithing are definetly the best cash by far.

mine enough coal/iron for 1k steel bars.

Smelt ores into steel. sell steel and re-buy ores with 100-120k profit.

Made about 1.7mil so far just from that

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

You are completely wrong there! Magic level are half your defence agianst magic. so if you had 99 mage vs a mager it would seem like oyu had +49 more defence levels.

Also getting beter ::'

-=My Veiw On F2P Pray=-*This is all personal opinion. You may have another opinion, here is mine*

Prayer is worthless. Done.

Hehe i like the way you put that. But prayer comes in handy. When you reach 80+ strength 34 prayer is very useful. Although you would only get 34 prayer so you can use the 15% prayers.

Also at 90+ str it is always worth it to have prayer. Even if you have 99 str you cant hit as high as a guy with 90 str and the 15% str prayer.

Note: that there is only about a 1 combat level differance in these pairs.

Second Note: Why it would be so useful as you could get a 15% str and att bonus ::'

newsignature1fs8.png

Only problem with prayer is that you constantly have to recharge. Even for its benefits, once its gone, its gone. We have no pray pots. Thats why I think its useless.

Attack- 40/40 DONE!

Strength- 54/70

Range- 60/80

Mage-40/60

CB level- 44

• 1 month later...

geart guide 8/10 ::'

i got a melee pure with 40 att 50 str 40 ranged and 25 mage and i have found that the best place to train ranged cheap is SoS.

lvl 13 minotaur's are great xp because of safespot and they drop loads of iron arrows, when i got 40 ranged i started with 100 iron arrows and once i got 40 i had 2k iron arrows <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Personally I loved this guide. I have a PKer and I have been stuck on finding training spots. I have been training on barbarians. Ill be sure to go train on those flesh crawlers.

I also liked when you said that you need combos to kill people. I already knew that though but it was a very good tip.

I also liked how you told them to get non-combat skills. Not many people know that transfering items is against the rules. I hate seeing lvl 3's with full mage g.

40e3b12264.png

Nice guide!

9 outta 10 caus no pictures.

I think im gonna make one right............................................(more suspence)...........lol.........now!

EDIT:Found out how to get the 5 coins for the 30 needed to go to kargima(sp)! Sell your bronxe wc axe!

Don't ask me for what I do for fun.

Anyways, what I do for fun (besides RS) is to tear up assignments I get and then try to re-create them. It's so much fun =D.

(I also like differrent things.(and purple ))

Hasaple2.png

Hasaple2.png

Nice Guide 8/10 no pics

also to train atk and def monks are ftw. get maybe 5 str and you can train on 1 monk for hours for endless exp. i got my def to 40 on my tank from 1 monk \'

Wesleyao.png

Drops- GWD: Bandos - Solo Tassets, Solo Shard 1, Solo D spear, Chest on CS

Armadyl - Hilt on CS

Metal Drags - 5x Legs 3x Skirts

Barrows -Lost count

DK's - 1 Axe 1 Berserker Ring

Great guide, as an experienced F2P PKer (I've made over 2m in a week from F2P PKing) I suggest you train at Barbs, Monks, V Guards and SoS (played before it came) or get P2P and use Experiments (not crowded much) or Rock Crabs (crowded). With experiments + Str Pots you can easily get 35k XP an hour with as little as 60 Str. In F2P I maxed at 25k XP an hour at 60 Str, maybe with Str Pots you can get upto 30k.

Still a good guide, needs pictures though. Around 8/10, great guide.

sigbanksupportqd1.gif

Looking for a site with 5gb+ Uploading space, doesn't have to be free, eMail me

dude, f2p mage sucks. range pwnz. my pure atm: att-30 str-35 def-1 range-46 mage-39. hp-40 cb-32. i agree, f2p is about doking ppl w/combo. p2p is harder to stand. i saw my friend snatch a dbow : 24, 27-21spec(gmaul). dead

in f2p i challenge iron full strength nubz 30-38. i pked:

2rune scimmy

r2h

addy scim

a2h

2power ammy

all in 8 min

when you are 1-40- range till low and when u load next shot, cast bolt spell and u mite get k0

im training to be 2hk0 cuz fro0bs always safe when they see meh bolt

tip-

if u wanna train range/mage fast then just pk, i got 30-46 w/out noticing

my typing is weird cuz im on a wii :}

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

• 1 month later...

"Mean" guide, 8/10... it has pretty much all of the stuff I would agree on, and as for that learning how to do combo's on men..... Great for people learning to PK. Good job =D>

Sorry about it pretty much being dead but I couldnt help commenting ::'

tip.itsig-2.jpgCurrent picture of my F2P pker. (Updated often)You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'

• 2 weeks later...

Im going to have to be honest.

With 99 str, if you arn't 75+ hp you are no good.

=

GET RANGE... You need each and every hp you can get.

Rangers with 99 range need 75+ if not your no good.

KEEP HP high.

I have:

50 atk

60 str

1 def

71 range

1 prayer

62 mage

63 Hp

LEVEL 51

smart your backword this read you IF