~Team/Clan War Arena~ (Broadswords?) Well thought out!

~Sin's Official Clan Guide~

Let me open with saying I made this thread with many different ideas for clan in mind. I'm not sure if you would consider it suggesting, but it is simply the way I would change Runescape if I could. MODERATORS: If there are any problems with this thread, please let me know so I may change it. I worked very hard on it and would rather have it changed then deleted.

Side note: I just saw "chewchewbarz" thread, lol, and our ideas are extremely similar. I honestly did not see this until just now, so there's not much for me to say except this thread and that are in no way related, simply different ideas about clans in Runescape.

Thanks,

Sinless

[hide=Clan War Arena (Team Dueling)]

Clan War Arena

The Team Dueling Arena

Note: This mini-game IS now clan related. Its focus, however, is mini-game based. Any attention drawn to this will only result in me pointing out it's simply a suggestion, and to try and criticize constructivly. No flamming or spamming tolerated.

[hide=Introduction] A Clan Arena/Multi-Team Dueling is an idea that I stemmed from the basis that there are too many problems with clan wars. You get looters and third party clans/groups intentionaly crashing the wars, especially those of lower level clans. Sometimes team mates accidentally attack one another, and in the case of certain clans like pure, rules are broken by bringing players not found on the members list. The only thing that can really be done about this is either not fighting, or complaining after its happened.

[/hide]

[hide=Solution]My solution is a designated area that's purpose is specifically for team killing. This area, which would have sub-areas for each team duel, would consist of rooms. Each room would have an opposite, in which the other team would be located. The team captain is chosen by who enters the room first, and thus is the one who makes the final decisions. The team captain would either be the clan leader, or someone appointed by the clan to make the decisions.

[/hide]

[hide=Maps]

[hide=Waiting Rooms]2001620366053059296_rs.jpg[/hide]

[hide=Arena Hall/Rankings]2005310650988514196_rs.jpg[/hide]

[/hide]

[hide=Summery] Here's how a basic team on team duel would be set up.

1) Each clan meets outside a room.

2) The clan leader (or an appointed member) enters the room.

-or-

2) All clan member enter the room and vote in the captain. After a 2 minute period, the highest vote holder wins.

3) This person is automatically set as the Team Captain.

4) After The Captain is chosen, the rest of the members can enter the room.

5) A panel at the far end of the room (opposite the door) will contain a list of options for the duel. This panel will be "usable" and will correspond to the panel used in the opponents room.

6) After rules are agreed upon by both leaders, and TWO screens are "oked," then the player will be placed into an arena.

[/hide]

[hide=Rules] Rules set by captains would be followed by BOTH groups. It could be set, for example, so that when someone dies they lose all their stuff, and the person responsible for killing them is rewarded with it at the end of the match. As Flava pointed out, pretty much just the identical setup of NORMAL Duel Arena. Some rules could include:

-No Prayer

-No Food

-No Armor

-No Magic

-Certain items lost upon death

-Auto Skull

-and more

[/hide]

[hide=Scenerios] Some different ways the arena could be used:

-Basic Wild War: No options are chosen except upon death all items are dropped, and visible only to killer for a time period

-No Drop War: A wild war setup but no items are lost if you die

-Basic War w/o Food or Prayer: No food or prayer, everything lost upon death

[/hide]

[hide=Location] There are many suitable locations for this Arena. Some possiblities are: The Duel Arena enterence, The Warriors Guild, An Island, and below Catherby.

Duel Arena:

location.png

A ladder down from Duel Arena enterence.

Warrior Guild:

map.png

It would be a dungeon located underneath, or possibly near the enterance.

Specific Island:

map.png

Not the same island, but one like it. Again as a dungeon.

Under Catherby:

map.png

A shed behind Catherby (by the farming plot) with a ladder going down.

[/hide]

[hide=Teleportation] If the Arena isn't found near the Duel Arena enterence, then I think wherever it is should have teleport access via The Ring of Dueling. This would make travel a lot simpler, and seeing as it is a mini-game, it should have its own teleport.

Ring_of_dueling(8).png

[/hide]

[hide=Ranking System] If clans are ever made official (as Runescape has proposed on the forums) then this area might be even better to use. You clan could possibly be listed in a highscores plaque found in the Arena Hall. This would serve to list the clans with both the most wins and the least losses. Basically a ratio, and the clan with the lowest would be featured in first. This would also root out the need for seperate scoreboards for each kind of clan (pures, rangers, 100+, etc.) because no its only the wins and losses that count.

[/hide]

[hide=Extras] The arena would also have other things located outside the waiting rooms, such as a bank, a hall, a shop or two, and maybe some benches to sit on while you wait for your clan. I also think this would be a good spot to set off on a new quest.

[/hide]

[hide=Support]

-Pivotto

-specs

-thestonedowl

-skreeran1

-iwldwonu

-N_Odie

-NJE03

-FlavaOfFalcon

-Master_Smither

-Magic Shad3

-3_Hiit_You

-Crazybob6666

-Ember3579

-DemonReape2

-Inliner

-Devial1

[/hide]

[/hide]

[hide=Follow the Leader (Clan based quest, Making Clans Official)]

[hide=Introduction]

I think there would be a few too many problems with just anyone being able to make a clan if clans were to be made official. To solve this problem I think they should add a P2P quest in which once you complete it, you will be given the option to create a clan. The quest will not be hard, since there are a large range of clan levels out there, but will not be ridiculously easy. To complete you'd probably have to be around level 50 or higher.

[/hide]

[hide=The Quest Itself]

Requirements:

*30 Mining*

*30 Smithing*

*Ability to kill a level Corrupt King*

Starting Point:

*Clan Arena Hall*

Summery:

The NPC in charge of archiving the Arena Hall, Gerio, will tell you that in order to use the Arena, let alone compete for rankings in the Hall, you must first lead a clan. He will not recognize anyone and their clan unless they are listed in the Ancient Clan Directory. After asking how to get your name in, he will mention that in the old days leaders could simply ask, but the people of Runescape are weak now, and not able to truely lead. He will allow your name in if you can smith yourself a Steel Broadsword and destroy a Corrupt King, an ancient clan leader which has been reaping havoc.

Reward:

*Ability to smith Broadswords (stronger then long, used one hand)*

*Ability to Lead OFFICIAL Clan*

*Ability to use arena*

*2000 Smithing Xp*

*2000 Mining Xp*

[/hide]

[/hide]

[hide=Clan Owned Areas]

[hide=Location]

The enterance portal to the Clan Owned Area would be located on the Second Floor Basement of the Clan War Arena. Behind the ladder in the hallway (seen as a white rectangle) would be an portal. This would serve as the enterance/exit into your clans zone.

[/hide]

[hide=Usefulness]

This would be an area similar to your Player Owned House, and would be accessable to ANY and ALL of your clan. If any problems with this, certain areas could be restricted to only higher ranking members of the clan.

[/hide]

[hide=Maps]

UNDER CONSTRUCTION, Check back soon!

[/hide]

[/hide]

[hide=Broadswords]

After finishing the quest for the Clan Duel Arena, you have the ability to smith Broadswords for each of the metals available in smithing. I also like the possibilty for a Dragon Broadsword, but wont get into that. Here are the stats for a Rune Broadsword.

Attack:

Stab- 49

Slash- 52

Crush- -4

Magic- 0

Range- 0

Defense:

Stab- 0

Slash- 2

Crush- 3

Magic- 0

Range- 0

Other:

Strength- 52

Prayer- 0

It would be as fast as a Long Sword but slightly stronger.

[/hide]

:D :D :D Suggestion are Appriciated! Your ideas will be added! :D :D :D

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ :P Add me as a supporter, though i think that if you worked it out a littel better it could be a much bigger suggestion. Make some pics :D

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Would be pretty neat I think. I support.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

i support! just a little addition...maybe have all the options you and opthers offered just have the options of normal duel arena (such as no prayers no food no pots or even blocking a part pf armor such as legs amulets bodies or anything else...also obstacles or fun weapons and in 1 sentence: all rules in normal duel arena cna be applied to this clan duel arena (or what ever the name is))

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

oh! another thing...places:

i wouldnt like the idea of 2 mini games so close to each other so maybe have a ship to take you there (same as pest control) or just pick a place that has nothing but grass (there is a lot between yanile and ardough or between seers and relleka) just liek castlewars...if ill think more i bet ill find better ideas...

oh wait! maybe like a cutscene! i mean like there is no mini map and you are just teleported there from anywhere on the map (same as sorceres' garden) can be teleport in lumby castle or...well...anywhere else on runescape lol

Pics coming soon!!!
you didnt add my ideas... :cry: you dont like me!!! *calls mom* "mommy the mean man hates me!" mom in return "oh don't worry he is across the world he cant do anything to you" me "oh thanks mom! you always know how to cheer me up!" :uhh:

Nice :P

I had suggested this on the Runescape Offical Forums but it got no posts which made me sad maybe because the suggestions forum moves so fast

with all the spam and suggestion that people bump up. :anxious:

GREAT IDEA :thumbsup: \'

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Im revising pretty much everything, and yes falcon your being added in lol.

Also Master_Smither Im adding you to the support list.

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon