Satanism

warri0r45

Being a catholic, I may be a bit biased. *notices people walk away* Wait! I promise, I'll stick to my typical "try to stay neutral unless the need arises" as best as i can!

Anyway, I don't see why satanism is that much of an importance to some people. want a place for selfishness and indulgences? its also called Hollywood.

Anyway again, I don't see any good reason to be a satanist (note that i said I DON'T SEE A REASON, not that one doesn't exist!). There's a problem in your life and you feel you should turn away from God? Believe me, people have walked this earth with worse problems and manages to avoid turning to such practices as satanism. Just do it to be cool? go ahead. see what you're afterlife would be to turn from a clean life just for "coolness" of other practices.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a catholic, I may be a bit biased. *notices people walk away* Wait! I promise, I'll stick to my typical "try to stay neutral unless the need arises" as best as i can!

Anyway, I don't see why satanism is that much of an importance to some people. want a place for selfishness and indulgences? its also called Hollywood.

Anyway again, I don't see any good reason to be a satanist (note that i said I DON'T SEE A REASON, not that one doesn't exist!). There's a problem in your life and you feel you should turn away from God? Believe me, people have walked this earth with worse problems and manages to avoid turning to such practices as satanism. Just do it to be cool? go ahead. see what you're afterlife would be to turn from a clean life just for "coolness" of other practices.

So you're saying people who follow Satanism sometimes do it because they have problems or to be cool. Great. Thanks for not perpetuating stereotypes.

There's a problem in your life and you feel you should turn away from God? Believe me, people have walked this earth with worse problems and manages to avoid turning to such practices as satanism. Just do it to be cool? go ahead. see what you're afterlife would be to turn from a clean life just for "coolness" of other practices.

See, but that's the thing. I agree with satanists on this one- we should live life to the fullest while we still can, instead of fearing some stupid afterlife that was fabricated for hope and control.

Personally, I say that we should be as good a person as possible, but should indulge ourselves as well as much as we need to to love life and be happy. Some don't need to indulge at all to be as happy as they can be ("being good is their own reward), some need to a lot. It just depends on the person.

If you don't love life and you aren't happy, it becomes much harder to help people and do good things. Love life, enjoy it, live for the people and yourself today while you still can, rather than living for your hopes of selfish indulgence in the hardly proven to exist afterlife.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It isn't a case of "turning to such practises", you practice satanism, the only thing you do differently to those who do it as a philosophy is that they don't apolgise for it.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

You practice satanism, the only thing you do differently to those who do it as a philosophy is that they don't apolgise for it.

Nicely put and true, too. :wink:

As a respone to a select few of you coming on here and talking about sacrafices and things like that I'd like to perform a little excercise. Note this will be a cherry pick as I will only pick out the good stuff that satanism teaches directly from thier official website. I invite anyone who thinks satanism is a hate filled blood cult to rival my cherry picking excercise with one of thier own from the very same site. Here goes -

Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence.

When in anotherÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Do not harm little children.

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him. <--- :lol:

Stupidity (satanic sin) ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ã

This "religion" (I'm not sure if it'd be called religion, they're not praising anything, and they consider themselves their own gods), does have a decent point or two. Naming it "Satanism" when it, in reality, doesn't really have much to do with Satan at all is pretty stupid.

Satan means adversary in Hebrew. Also, if you think about it, it's almost designed to get an expected response from, say, a christian. It makes a point in that sense but, of course, some have stronger faith than others. And no, it's not really a religion. I'd call it a philosophy.

Yeah, in that video I got that point, which is why I didn't just wanna blatantly say "no points in calling it Satanism". I'm sure there's a lot of other terms for "adversary" that would've helped 'em reach a wider audience. But I think you may be right in them wanting to name it Satanism to get that kind of initial reaction from a Christian. I dunno if that reaction somehow proves beneficial to them (which it may or may not, I'm not really a pro on the subject), but what ever floats their boat. And I also agree that it's more of a philosophy then a religion (as stated in the video also), but many people have labeled it a religion, and after viewing that video, it turns out that they were wrong (depending on what the viewer would define as religion).

I'm already a satanist. And I don't really care what others think.

~Alyssa

I applaud you for that. It's not easy being an adversary, so to speak, of the biggest religion on the planet. Actually it is pretty easy, it's just that some people jump to conclusions because they are afraid.

Even though I know this is serious, just looking at the site I can't help but think that it's a fantasy story like Harry Potter or Eragon or something. I'd laugh, but they'd hunt me down and destroy me for bothering them :roll:

lulz @ rs

In my experience, the ultimate motive behind every human action is to enjoy your life. Ultimately, everything we do falls back to that. We go to school because it allows us to get a good job, just living a more comfortable [and more enjoyable] life. Even when making sacrifices for people, you get some comfort out of the thought that you are helping someone else. You commit suicide because you think you would be happier dead than alive, or because you enjoy the thought of the impact that your life would have on people around you.

I would define a satanist as someone whose enjoyment causes someone else pain.