Satanism

warri0r45

Perhaps you've heard of it or perhaps not and you think it's some occult sheep sacraficing cult or something like that. Satanism in the organised sense was founded by Anton LaVey in 1966 and the satanic bible written in 1969. They stand for an atheistic wordlview which seeks to enhance our lives through indulgence in worldly pleasures. A vid:

I'd argue that everyone on a basic level through our biology is somewhat adhered to the satanist phiosophy - lust, greed, indulgence in any worldly pleasure without doing harm to others, revenge, etc. It all sounds a bit extreme at times but I'd class myself atleast partly adhered to this phiosophy. What about you?

Take the emotion out of it and think before running away because of the name. Also if you don't like the biblical satan, this philosophy actually has nothing to do with him. So don't start getting freaked out. I just thought that this would be somethig a little different or left field to talk about.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really researched it much. Im sure we all adhere to some of "guilty pleasures". The only difference is that you call it a philosophy, whereas others would call it a sin.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Well that gave me some knowledge for the day.

I don't beleive in athiesm, or I don't believe in myself as my own God.

I guess I'm not related to Satanism at all, other than the fact that they think they should live it up, as your life is. I'm going to live my life to it's fullest.

I don't believe in myself as my own God.

What's that phillosophy called where you believe you are all that exists? Sophism perhaps? It starts with an "S", that's all I know.

And I admit to acting Satanist, who can't admit to that, not even a Saint can say he/she's never had thoughts relative to Satanism.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

Satanism is everyone's favourite philosophy until they see someone else practicing it. It is a philosophy of hypocrites.

summerpngwy6.jpg

hmm, sophoism? are you thinkign of soticism? because if you are, thats totally wrong, but i don't know the name. :)

Anywho, also, I love the idea of satanism. It gives you a reaosn to provide for yourself everyhtign you can afford, and it pisses off fanatic christians.

Anywho, also, I love the idea of satanism. It gives you a reaosn to provide for yourself everyhtign you can afford, and it pisses off fanatic christians.

Because the best the reason to join a religion is to piss people off.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

Name any religons people join just to piss people off.

Anyway, seems very... extreme. Not really something I want to get into.

Name any religons people join just to piss people off.

Anyway, seems very... extreme. Not really something I want to get into.

You really think so? As I said, take away the emotion then look at it. I don't care if you're not into it but just don't let emotion sway you on things.

It is a quite interesting philosophy, and it actually somewhat makes sense unlike most other religions/cults. But I find it quite arrogant to kill a sheep instead of taking control of your anger, lust, ect...

Satanism is everyone's favourite philosophy until they see someone else practicing it. It is a philosophy of hypocrites.

I don't understand...

It promotes selfishness and indulgence. We love being selfish, and we love indulging, we just hate it when other people are the same way. The very selfishness we act out in our everyday lives we loathe in other people.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I don't understand...

It promotes selfishness and indulgence. We love being selfish, and we love indulging, we just hate it when other people are the same way. The very selfishness we act out in our everyday lives we loathe in other people.

Well, that's where I'd personally draw the line. Everyone is selfish to some extent; It's human nature. But like anything, I'd say there can be too much. Hypocritical? If I actually called myself a full blown satanist and nothing else, perhaps. I'm a cherry picker more than anything else. I can see some pretty accurate depictions of society coming out of the satanic philosophy as well as some which might be considered a little left field. Perhaps those which do consider themselves full blown LaVeyan satanists dont mind about people being selfish at all.

It is a quite interesting philosophy, and it actually somewhat makes sense unlike most other religions/cults. But I find it quite arrogant to kill a sheep instead of taking control of your anger, lust, ect...

Where do you get the idea that they sacrafice sheep? I'm talking about LaVeyan satanism. Most of them aren't bloodthirsty wicked freaks.

tell me if im right......

Satanist...like to....

Worship the Devil

Cut them selfs?

talk or think about death?

Lust over other people..

hate the world?

..these are just a few depictions i get out of being a satanist...am i right?

no flamming.....

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

Satanist...like to....

Worship the Devil

Cut them selfs?

Lust over other people..

hate the world?

no flamming.....

You're really getting it all wrong apart from the lust part. Watch the vid I showed. LaVeyan satansist aren't hate filled emos who wordhip anything. Seriously, take the emotion out of it and just read about it. Don't eat what the media feeds you.

Satanist...like to....

Worship the Devil

Cut them selfs?

Lust over other people..

hate the world?

no flamming.....

Sorry, all I'm hearing is "i'm an idiot who didn't even watch the video".

Its an intresting idea and follows a lot of what I belive (live life for what you can) but I don't actually need help in doing so from a church ;p.

If they don't woship Satan, why call it Satanism? Just to sound "edgy" and "controversial"? Because that's pretty lame.

It's explained pretty clearly in the video. Lame to some, perhaps. It's just to evoke a response from conservatives whose apparant purpose in life is to at all costs avoid stepping on god's toes. People really shouldn't let the title fool them but they do, which is sort of what they want. :P

Edit: @ Nadril, yeah, I agree in the sense that I didn't need a church to tell me these things but the first time I heard of it and looked into it, it kind of surprised me how akin to western society it is.

It's explained pretty clearly in the video. Lame to some, perhaps. It's just to evoke a response from conservatives whose apparant purpose in life is to at all costs avoid stepping on god's toes. People really shouldn't let the title fool them but they do, which is sort of what they want. :P

Oh, to be lame. I was right :P

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Oh, to be lame. I was right :P

While I'm sure you're joking it does have a meaning. If people don't want the watch the vid I'll tell them - 'Satan' means adversary or accuser in Hebrew. Satanists see theselves as the adversary of all organised religions.

That was interesting, and not at all what I thought it would be like.

I think like Nadril that kind of philosophy is perhaps akin to my own (if not a bit darker) but i'd rather not tie myself to a particular church or set of beliefs to follow it, even if it is a lack of belief.

Interesting, but ultimately not for me.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

to my knowledge anton lavey's satanism simply sums up human nature in its beliefs and nothing more really. and as such, to say that you act like a satanist (most people do), is simply to say that you do what you want to do. i seriously don't see the point in making an organization/religion out of it.

Cool.

Indulging yourself all the time and having a belief that you are the only thing of importance in the world isn't a healthy way to live. And I'd argue that the only real friends people who follow the satanism cult would have are fellow members themselves for that very reason.