Has there even been a completed Runescape storyline?

The Real ET

Its a sly way from Jagex to take more of your money, the more open-ended storylines, the longer you'll stay hoping for a new part to the quest. Want proof, how long have we been waiting for a sequal to Sheep Shearer?

W27 Fally, riot, anyone?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a sly way from Jagex to take more of your money, the more open-ended storylines, the longer you'll stay hoping for a new part to the quest. Want proof, how long have we been waiting for a sequal to Sheep Shearer?

W27 Fally, riot, anyone?

I'll pass on that riot....

prospektssigza4.jpg

As for the Gnome Series. I believe thats actually one in the same, or more of a branch of the Mourner Series. Kinda Odd I know, but there are several hints of Elf and Gnome envolvement which makes these two story plots connect.

I could explain more in detail but I dont want to rant on lol.

Anyways..

The good thing is that the longer we wait the more anticipated it is once we get it. I mean the day Pyfrindis comes out, everyone will be crazy.

And also keep in mind that Jagex already has the plot lines finished for the most part. They know what happens, they just take a long time to develop areas and wait for the right time to release them.

If player numbers are growing, you generally get smaller quests and new story lines, once players start to dip down, Jagex pulls out something they know everyone wants and boosts the numbers back up.

This isnt how quests always go, but just a general observation.

But since Jagex has been having "customer appreciation updates" latley, I wouldnt be supprised to see more of these squeal quests popping up sometime soon.

dawnsigblue-3.png

As for the Gnome Series. I believe thats actually one in the same, or more of a branch of the Mourner Series. Kinda Odd I know, but there are several hints of Elf and Gnome envolvement which makes these two story plots connect.

I could explain more in detail but I dont want to rant on lol.

Anyways..

The good thing is that the longer we wait the more anticipated it is once we get it. I mean the day Pyfrindis comes out, everyone will be crazy.

And also keep in mind that Jagex already has the plot lines finished for the most part. They know what happens, they just take a long time to develop areas and wait for the right time to release them.

If player numbers are growing, you generally get smaller quests and new story lines, once players start to dip down, Jagex pulls out something they know everyone wants and boosts the numbers back up.

This isnt how quests always go, but just a general observation.

But since Jagex has been having "customer appreciation updates" latley, I wouldnt be supprised to see more of these squeal quests popping up sometime soon.

Brianite3, I like your ideas.

You make a good point with the customer appreciation thing and I hope you're right.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

I really, really, really want them to open up the elven city.

The problem is, they cant really make it a sequel to mournings end pt2, because then too few people would be able to do it (from Jagexs point of view).

Since they have to cater to the average player, they are reduced in the difficulty/requirements of the quests they can do. This has been getting better recently, but a sequel to mournings end (or even roving elves) would have quite high requirements by default.

I still reckon they should do it though - maybe they'll surprise us.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!

I really, really, really want them to open up the elven city.

The problem is, they cant really make it a sequel to mournings end pt2, because then too few people would be able to do it (from Jagexs point of view).

Since they have to cater to the average player, they are reduced in the difficulty/requirements of the quests they can do. This has been getting better recently, but a sequel to mournings end (or even roving elves) would have quite high requirements by default.

I still reckon they should do it though - maybe they'll surprise us.

ywah i want that too! i've been waiting for that a looooooooong time! the only town-ish thing we have acces to is lleyta (sp?) and thats it (the big forest or however you wanna call it is not town(-ish)

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

there is also the

Temple Knight/Seas Slug Series

cuz we all remember the ending of Slug Menace

yarly, and sir tiffy still says:

"I'm afraid i can only sell you up to proselyte armour..."

Oh Sir Tiffy, that silly man. He knows he wants to sell us Master armor, but he can't yet... *tear*
i hate him!...jsut sits in the park all day long while we do some "Secret agent" stuff...i really wanna kick him...i wish i could fight him...

Oh Sir Tiffy, that silly man. He knows he wants to sell us Master armor, but he can't yet... *tear*
i hate him!...jsut sits in the park all day long while we do some "Secret agent" stuff...i really wanna kick him...i wish i could fight him...

You never know. You may be able to. Like you get possessed by Slug Prince and kill Tiffy or something. That'd be fun and add an interesting aspect to the storyline.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

You never know. You may be able to. Like you get possessed by Slug Prince and kill Tiffy or something. That'd be fun and add an interesting aspect to the storyline.

so far i've killed some people i've been waiting to kill for a while...the best 1 would be king roald in what lies below...well i didnt kill him i just got his hp to 0 but that counts right?

No, and i think its going to be a long time before one is done :(
When one is finally done, it's gonna be one hell of an event. =P

i doubt any will... <.<