Has there even been a completed Runescape storyline?

The Real ET

Seriously, has there ever been a completed Runescape storyline?

Plague city is continuing.

Fairy Tale should only have one more part to it.

Desert quests are all over the place.

Mortanyia quests too...

Even something like Elemental Workshop, which had no sequel for years suddenly came out to be a storyline with more to come.

I understand it's a good money maker, but I do want SOMETHING to end so that I can marvel at how they ended it and concentrate on other storylines.

Those Series that havent been finished include but arnt limited to:

1) Desert Series

2) Mourner Series

3) Mortyania Series

4) Fremenik Series

5) Penguin Series

6) Orge Series

7) Pirate Series

8) Troll Series

9) Ham Series

There's just a few, and I know there's more such as:

Gnomes, I love that one I can't wait for more.

White/Templar Knights. That is a fun one too.

So, Discuss how you feel on the matter.

Also, please correct me if they are ANY completed storylines.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of any. Everything that comes to mind is either known to be incomplete, open for the possibility of continuation, or a stand-alone quest.

p2gq.jpg

When a story line ends is all about the point of view of the beholder.

Not all storys end with a big bang, some just fade out of existance.

If you are refering to the "BIG" mysteries of runescape, the multiple quest story lines, and long in depth quests, of course these will never end.

They will never end because Jagex wants 3 things:

1) To keep their players intrested, and wondering what could happen next, making them stick around to see if something ever does happen.

2) It makes them wonder on their own imagination what could possibly happen. Alot of people find speculating more enjoyable than knowing the actual ending.

3) Keeping the storyline open allows for more quests to but built upon a quest series Jagex knows players already are looking forward to.

On a side note there is at least one "series" i can think of that is complete.

That is RFD.It's quest storyline has finished. Boss is beat, nothing new to do there.

Those Series that havent been finished include but arnt limited to:

1) Desert Series

2) Mourner Series

3) Mortyania Series

4) Fremenik Series

5) Penguin Series

6) Orge Series

7) Pirate Series

8) Troll Series

9) Ham Series

Just to name a few. All of these have endings which are unresolved. That dosent mean their ending WILL ever be resolved. Some may just fade into darkness until 3 years down the road Jagex decides to bring one back up.

So to answer your question there will always be series that will be unanswered.

dawnsigblue-3.png

People really pay attention to story lines? I just do quests as fast as possible so I can get them over with and move on to better things.

then why do them? Apparantly, to you they are a waste of time getting in your way of doing something more important (i'm just picking this up from what you're said earlier and right now). Just seems a little off to me. Most people do quests for the xp, the journey and storyline.

This is something you just can't figure out, because they could whoop out something new at anytime. But there is nothing done yet.

People really pay attention to story lines? I just do quests as fast as possible so I can get them over with and move on to better things.
What the heck?!

I do quests for the storyline and I like the reward at the end!

I would lots of quests even if they didn't give rewards :) Heck, quests are what still keep me playing this game... I mainly only log on when a new one comes out.

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

I hope they continue the monkey madness/gnome storyline soon. I heard there was supposed to be a sequel, but the designer who made monkey madness no longer works for Jagex. If you want proof that monkey atoll quests aren't supposed to be done yet, look under the ape temple. Down the tunnel is a room behind bars that you still can't access. It's all part of an update that never came out.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

I think Jagex is done with the Merlin's Crystal / Camelot storyline.

I don't suspect we'll be seeing more of Throne of Miscellania/Royal trouble anytime soon either.

so there's this thread in p2p general called "the most annoying things ppl do on runescape" i am tempted to post "ya wen im cybering with a girl and they log off for no reason"

Sheep Shearer has a completed story line... :XD:

Yeah, but Cook's Assistant was finished for a great many years, and then RFD came out... Just because it seems completed now doesn't mean it will be in the future!

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

In my eyes, recipe for disaster seems finished. As it goes

Cooks assistant --> RFD. And since you killed culim.. oh you know who I mean.. You killed him! He is toast, story is over. 8-)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

I'm mostly the same way. Some of the larger and more intense quests I may bother reading the boxes, but many are somewhat meaningless. I mean Rat Catchers... if there's a story there, I really don't care, because the quest and any reward was totally a waste of time.

Story lines aren't necessarily bad - they just aren't really for me. If Jagex adds new content to the game, I don't need to know "why" -- I just want to know what it does and whether it's worth doing/getting.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

You know JaGEx, they always like to keep storylines open. And I hope they finish one before launching another storyline.

there is also the

Temple Knight/Seas Slug Series

cuz we all remember the ending of Slug Menace

Err, are you being sarcastic or something? Slug Menace was porbably the most obviously 'to be comtinued' ending ever.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I can't wait for the next Temple Knight quest to come out. The next one you may actually have to have done Devious Minds to do.

And how could I forget those gnomes? I love that storyline, and I can't wait for more, more, more!!!

Cowards can't block Warriors.

I thought plague city series ended with the discovery of that light tower and the alter that hid inside. But if we are in for visiting that huge elven crystal palace I'm going to love it. :shock: that place has remained unchanged from before I ever started this game (I actually started around the time Regicide was created I think)

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )