Has there even been a completed Runescape storyline?

The Real ET

When a story line ends is all about the point of view of the beholder.

Not all storys end with a big bang, some just fade out of existance.

If you are refering to the "BIG" mysteries of runescape, the multiple quest story lines, and long in depth quests, of course these will never end.

They will never end because Jagex wants 3 things:

1) To keep their players intrested, and wondering what could happen next, making them stick around to see if something ever does happen.

2) It makes them wonder on their own imagination what could possibly happen. Alot of people find speculating more enjoyable than knowing the actual ending.

3) Keeping the storyline open allows for more quests to but built upon a quest series Jagex knows players already are looking forward to.

On a side note there is at least one "series" i can think of that is complete.

That is RFD.It's quest storyline has finished. Boss is beat, nothing new to do there.

Those Series that havent been finished include but arnt limited to:

1) Desert Series

2) Mourner Series

3) Mortyania Series

4) Fremenik Series

5) Penguin Series

6) Orge Series

7) Pirate Series

8) Troll Series

9) Ham Series

Just to name a few. All of these have endings which are unresolved. That dosent mean their ending WILL ever be resolved. Some may just fade into darkness until 3 years down the road Jagex decides to bring one back up.

So to answer your question there will always be series that will be unanswered.

Well, I think RFD might have an opening. A while back I saw Bob at lumby. He said that he loves coming here to eat the chef's seafood gumbo. Bob also said that the recipe might not continue because the Chef has no children. Could that be a possibility?

Hmmmm...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about southern Karamja or the Kharazi Jungle? Shilo Village seemed fairly whole to me, and Legends Quest didn't leave room for much more. Perhaps it will be intertwined with the Gnome/Monkey storyline, or maybe pirates will try to invade the mainland?

questcapesigbalh.gif

The Once and Future Quest Guru

Given that every quest storyline is a complete work of fiction on Jagex's part,

it is obvious that no storyline will EVER be complete.

Why is 'common sense' so named, when there is so little of it about?

Welcome to puberty, we've been expecting you.

newsighq9.jpg

For me, the stories in quests are very important. This has two effects:

1) I get annoyed when a new storyline is started, because there are many unfinished stories that should be continued. I would really appreciate it if Jagex could tie up some of these before opening more new ones.

2) Quests with poorly written stories are unsatisfying, such as Tower of Life. Playing God is very significant subject matter in my opinion, so the quest deserved to be much longer and more carefully scripted - an epic, if you will - instead of a quick nonsensical dash to the reward.

Is Devious Minds part of any other story? That kind of dropped off the radar. When will we get our bowswords?

And Sheep Shearer is a lead-up to the penguin storyline. :P

kindness.png

Sheep Shearer has a completed story line... :XD:

Well, In my opinion Sheep Shearer is a prequel to Cold War, which is not yet complete.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

1) I get annoyed when a new storyline is started, because there are many unfinished stories that should be continued. I would really appreciate it if Jagex could tie up some of these before opening more new ones.

2) Quests with poorly written stories are unsatisfying, such as Tower of Life. Playing God is very significant subject matter in my opinion, so the quest deserved to be much longer and more carefully scripted - an epic, if you will - instead of a quick nonsensical dash to the reward.

Is Devious Minds part of any other story? That kind of dropped off the radar. When will we get our bowswords?

Your frustrations with these loose ends is a big reason why I give very little attention to the storylines... they're too often filled with trifling details and are often based on a ridiculous premise.

Here's a storyline to RS:

A game that is based on numbers

Be they skills, quests, or combat

Waste time over every new item

Whine about every new update

This isn't a haiku and so am I.

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

Guest Lue_Dogs
People really pay attention to story lines? I just do quests as fast as possible so I can get them over with and move on to better things.

only thing about RS that is better then WOW

People really pay attention to story lines? I just do quests as fast as possible so I can get them over with and move on to better things.

only thing about RS that is better then WOW

so true.

A lot of people like storylines and quests with plenty of funny elements. Like teasing us by showing dragon armor, the wise old man's phat etc... Or references to popular culture like Cold War. You are seriously missing out if you skip all of this. Don't you care about why you're going to fight a demon? don't you care about what happens after devious minds? lots of little things that make quests enjoyable like Ichlian's little helper where most of the quest is played as a flashback and it starts with you not knowing where you are.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Erm .. romeo&juliet was the first and last of his "storyline" right? =P

youd think that they ended it but romeo is still alive.

so the next quest he might find out that juliets parents just hid her away or something.

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

What the heck?!

I do quests for the storyline and I like the reward at the end!

I would lots of quests even if they didn't give rewards :) Heck, quests are what still keep me playing this game... I mainly only log on when a new one comes out.

yeah! if it wasnt for storyline si wouldnt have my qp cape! without storylines quests are just getting in my way...i simply LOVE what jagex usualy have about the series especialy the ham/goblin 1...just like that 1 more than the others dont really know why and if it wasnt for storylines i would only do quests that i really need or that would help me a lot (e.g. desert treasure, heros', legends' and some more...)

dragonmghost,flava%20falcon.gif

support new ghostly stuff here.

I see RuneScape slowly turning into a sadistic version of WoW.

.signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you If

Erm .. romeo&juliet was the first and last of his "storyline" right? =P

youd think that they ended it but romeo is still alive.

so the next quest he might find out that juliets parents just hid her away or something.

nah it will be something with that girl that is always next to her if you talk to her/romeo you'd find out they are inlove or something and i think the girl is her cousin or something...if i remember right

Your frustrations with these loose ends is a big reason why I give very little attention to the storylines... they're too often filled with trifling details and are often based on a ridiculous premise.

sounds like you HATE the game...why playing it then?

judging from cooks assistant turning into the biggest quest at the time, id say all story lines can be twisted in some way to be continued

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

Even the very last (follow-up) quest, Grim Tales, again ends with a hint towards a follow-up with the dwarf being granted to have

its base of operations in the lady's castle (to investigate what the witch is up to and the captured gnome).

I don't mind the semi open ends at all.. as others said, gives something to look forward to.

P2P :: 1836 ST :: 91 MAGE :: 90 RANGE :: 85 PRAY :: 245 QP :: 124 CMB

Not in the slightest. I enjoy very much playing this game. The storyline that I offered was more of a description of the general "story" that you tend to get from posts on tip, RSOF, and within the game itself. My attempt at a joke, I suppose. :wink:

The "story" of RS is, in a way, as important as any skill lvl being 99, or any accomplishment in the game. Its importance lies in the mind of the player. I personally don't care for the Guthix/Sara/Zammy storyline (or almost any others), but I do care about getting 99 farming one day. Neither have any practical use in the real world, but one doesn't matter to me and the other does. :-k

I guess my point is that I enjoy the skilling and leveling part of the game mostly. Just because Jagex adds some fantasy element through new quests and storylines doesn't mean I consider it important. Others may, but it's just not for me.

Hope that clears things up. :D

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Not in the slightest. I enjoy very much playing this game. The storyline that I offered was more of a description of the general "story" that you tend to get from posts on tip, RSOF, and within the game itself. My attempt at a joke, I suppose. :wink:

The "story" of RS is, in a way, as important as any skill lvl being 99, or any accomplishment in the game. Its importance lies in the mind of the player. I personally don't care for the Guthix/Sara/Zammy storyline (or almost any others), but I do care about getting 99 farming one day. Neither have any practical use in the real world, but one doesn't matter to me and the other does. :-k

I guess my point is that I enjoy the skilling and leveling part of the game mostly. Just because Jagex adds some fantasy element through new quests and storylines doesn't mean I consider it important. Others may, but it's just not for me.

Hope that clears things up. :D

well i dont consider this game "important" and if anyone does...well i dont wanna start a flame war here but i guess you know what i mean because its a game! i like playing it a lot and i find it fun but its not "imporatnt"...atleast in my opinion

well i dont consider this game "important" and if anyone does...well i dont wanna start a flame war here but i guess you know what i mean because its a game! i like playing it a lot and i find it fun but its not "imporatnt"...atleast in my opinion

Oh, don't worry, I won't flame ya. :) Just please don't pick apart a particular word without appreciating the rest of the post. Obviously this is a game - and I enjoy it as such. Within this game, there are things that you or I find more or less enjoyable or "important." As I said, I find skilling and trying to achieve a particular goal enjoyable (or "important" if you like), but not the story lines. I don't think I'm being unfair to Jagex or anyone else in saying this.

Apart from that, I understand what you're saying and I agree. I just didn't want you to miss my point.

I agree with the part about Tower of Life. That could have and should have been so much bigger. That was one of the quests with most potential, but wasn't brought out as good as it could have.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Well the longer you wait the better it is.

How long have we been waiting for a crystal halberd?

Or a continuation of the Desert Treasure quest line?

Even continuing with the amazing story line of the gnomes!!!! They have so much history. I think this continuation will be comming soon. Every time i walk by those cute creatures in the stronghold i wonder...

prospektssigza4.jpg