collision detection for pvp areas

haqiang

The runescape multi combat area is quiet chaotic, especially when it comes to clan wars in wildy or just plain castle war. It just doesn't make sense to have 60 guys stacked on one dot and able to hit people with melee so much that the damage dot doesn't even show fast enough.

Maybe this is just my opinion, but I think in Runescape, the PvP areas such as wilderness or the castle war and fighting cave should use collision detection to avoid multiple player from stacking onto each other, or at least limit the stack to be 2 or 3 people. This way, multi-combat will still be perserved as you can still get attacked by many people at same time. But it would be as chaotic as getting piled by 50 people at the same moment.

Anyway, I just wonder what you guys think.

P.S. I got this idea from playing Guild War, in towns they player can overlap with eath other as much as they want, but in combat areas the collision detection comes to play and prevent movement of player if some other player is blocking the path.

i support your idea, but as said above, let there be a limit to how many people can stay in one spot, like 2 or three so you can pass through each other.

~blue~

barrowsmvoidk,Blue%20Leader9.gif

I'm wearing Rune Axe.

Wearing? Did you selotape the axe on your chest? :lol:

also, I thought about this idea, if collision works, you could be able form a line of melee in front had have softies (archer and mages) on the back so thay the enemy meleer wont be able to attack them without breaking the melee battle line first.

Although I wouldn't agree that coding would be hard, Jagex already have this kind of code existing for Pest Control, you ever wonder when those pesky torcher or brawler form a line, u got kill them to get pass? Just implementing the code to the players according to team cape would make some sense, for example, people of same team cape can pass each other, but others can't? But anyway this is a raw idea, I just want hear what other people think of it.

I love the idea, IF you could combine this with new following options, like someone else posted a bit ago. Would cause the whole pking scene to go

WOEH.gif in a good way IMO :)

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Hate the idea, dding is IMPORTANT while pking with a big group so people would only see you as one.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

pros - less confusion:thumbsup:

cons - if your in the middle of a group, you can't move :ohnoes:

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

I'd have to say no.. Pking with large clans (like my own clan, TDM) would be utterly chaotic. Think about it:

A decent sized pking clan can get about 100 opts at a pk trip. The first mess of that would be having to form long chains when following the leader, because they cant all be following right behind him.

The first negative to that would be the fact that long chains always give away the number of people in a pk group, which would be a big red sign saying "danger!" to any other pkers that are out. Chances are, when they see that long chain running at them, they'll log out. That would greatly reduce the number of pk's that the pking group can get.

The second factor would be dd'ing, as it was mentioned above. Dd'ing is a vital part of pking, because it gives a false pretense of the size of the group, thus giving the group the act of suprise when an unwary pker wanders up, thinking he's got an easy kill. But if the collision idea was implemented, people would have to stand around in a large mass of white dots, which pretty much says "Hey! Look at us! We're going to eat you for breakfast if you come over here!". There goes another kill for the pkers, right with his rune.

Also, there's wars to worry about. If you've ever been to a large clan war, in which both sides mass 200+ opts, the first thing you'll see during battle is a long chain of people attacking the same person. The entire concept of piling an opponent would be ruined if people couldn't all be in attacking range with melee.

Mages and rangers in pking would become vastly more popular, because they can attack from different distances, thus allowing more people to attack the same person, since melee requires a close range to attack. This would affect the economy of Runescape, most likely by lowing the cost of rune and melee weapons, and increasing the cost of runes, arrows, and dhide armour.

As I hope you can understand now, this collision idea would cause utter chaos in clan pking. :XD: It was an interesting idea, but it would cause far too many disadvantages for clans for Jagex to actually implement it.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Sadly, if you think about it, Prankster_King is right. :ohnoes: I would love something like this to happen (even though I'm a meleer), but this is one of those ideas that would be better implemented if the game started with it. Sorry about your luck dude! :cry:

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

thanks for all the input u guys, I just wanted to hear some advices before making this suggestion on the tip.it forum before I try it on RS forum (too many suggestion turn into flame wars on that forum, apparently). I guess this is a issue that would split 50/50 if people were to choose. I don't think I'm going to post this on the RS forum now that it is clearly not a majority of player would support this.

Mod lock this topic please and thank you everyone for the input