The Fire Cape - A status symbol?

Paddeeh

In my opinion you should not care what other thinks regarding things like this. Now I do not know what this fire cape is or what it does, but it doesn't change the fact that if you have a goal and you reach it whether it is getting 50 mining or 99 herblaw you should be proud. People usually set goals within their limitations so for people with all the time in the world some things are eassier to obtain, than for people with less time on their hands. Who is to judge whether or not the working guy that achieved 50 mining shouldn't be as proud as the non-working guy who achieved 99 x-skill.

If you had a good feeling when you obtained the cape, then I guess it was all worth it. After all you play the game to do and achieve the things you want and not what others want :)

Hmmm?

-----------------------------------

- Started April 2001

- RSC Combat Level 116

- 4th player to 99 Thieving

- Number 1 in magic from april 2003 to December 2004

- Quitted RSC Nomvember 2004 (played rs2 3 months though)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think my quest cape is the best status symbol, because it takes a long time to do each and every quest. many people can just fight easy monsters for 2 hours then spend 5 minutes switching prayers.

also, i never thought i would ever throw away my legends cape. but after i got quest, it seems so noobish.

I agree :P I used to wear legends all the time, now I wear quest. I do agree fire is just another to cross off ::' the list,I'm not after one tbh. O:)

Edit:spelling

fire cape = status of good internet connection

+1...

thats why i still dont have one... :wall: last 5 trips where all connection lost (all around wave 50-60)

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

If you say it isn't then you obviously can't get one for yourself.

Nope, i could get 99 firemaking, or fletching or other skills than dont require a load of cash. I still think a cooking cape or fletching cape isn't much of an achievement. I have a fire cape and i dont wear it so other people can think i've achieved something, i wear it for its bonus' and i like the look.

it used to be a status symbol. Now, its just a cool looking cape. However, with the introduction of skill capes, it doesn't seem all that important.

I still think my quest cape is the best status symbol, because it takes a long time to do each and every quest. many people can just fight easy monsters for 2 hours then spend 5 minutes switching prayers.

also, i never thought i would ever throw away my legends cape. but after i got quest, it seems so noobish.

how did you get quest cape? you need 49 farming for FTP2

Evil stew.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

In my opinion, I don't think it's as much of a RS status symbol as it is a personal status symbol.

I walk all around the world of RS seeing people with fire capes who are way lower combats than me, and I don't think much of it because its common. When I daydream about me having one, however, it seems like a big accomplishment, because I've gotten to jad 11 times so far and still no cape.

People can pay other people to get fire capes for them, and they might enjoy just having it, but I've refused help because it wouldn't mean much to me if I walked around with a cape I didn't deserve.

croppedskill2ph6.png

621st person to achieve 99 slayer on December 3rd, 2007

177th person to 99 summoning on June 21st, 2008

In my opinion, I don't think it's as much of a RS status symbol as it is a personal status symbol.

I walk all around the world of RS seeing people with fire capes who are way lower combats than me, and I don't think much of it because its common. When I daydream about me having one, however, it seems like a big accomplishment, because I've gotten to jad 11 times so far and still no cape.

People can pay other people to get fire capes for them, and they might enjoy just having it, but I've refused help because it wouldn't mean much to me if I walked around with a cape I didn't deserve.

amen to that. i just recently got my cape, and i tried 16 times. it may not have as much glory in the public eye, but it was still a huge acchevement to me.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

thats like saying "i saw someone lower combat with agility cape its not achievement" in my opinion if you worked hard for it then its an achievement.

StarViv.png

I gave up after 4 failures, although I got very close the 4th time.

Messing up your prayers doesn't mean an instant death. He hit me a 30 and a 16 while I was

getting him down, then when he was about 1/4th health he hit the killing 87.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png