Why it appears that RSC is still wanted

Catbert

I will get flamed for this topic, but I am only trying to help

I have noticed that on this forum, there are many well known pkers. I have also discovered that these pkers are most nostalgic about the pking system(duh). This has lead me to multiple discoveries

There is only one thing worth mentioning about RSC that is apart of the gameplay which people miss

The pking system is what people are still attracted to. This seems to be all that these pkers talk about. In fact, the majority of the people on here are pkers, which leads me to my next discovery

The majority of the people who refuse to play RS2 and want RSC back, are pkers

Pkers in RSC had something going for them, it took "skill" to be one of them(or a 5 min tutorial). Then, RS2 comes along and anyone with good stats can be one of them. This obviously makes them furious, so they refuse to play where someone with a bad connection can beat them

When you come on here, everyone wants RSC open

I have received no agreement on here, the closest thing was a mature post with constructive criticism. When you look at my previous discovery, all the pkers want RSC back open. Therefore, they populate these forums with nostalgic post, and only nostalgic posts. This makes the outside observer believe that RSC is wanted by everyone, but its only the pkers. The non pkers opened up to RS2, because they saw it as a gameplay update, not a stab in the heart. That is why people who would agree with me aren't on here, they are on the RS2 parts of this forum.

Why the community really was what people missed about RSC

I have 1 piece of overwhelming evidence to why this is true.

rscft4.jpg

Autoers and pkers seem to be the only ones who have any interest in the game at this point. RS2 was embraced with open arms by the community itself, the only people that didn't embrace it were you pkers. Instead of adapting and becoming great on the new game, you whined and died out. Now you are stuck sitting on these forums, wishing it all back.

People cared about the community, not the game play. Do you know what I said when I heard that P2P was going to be an entirely new game? I said that no matter how good the new game was, that I would go to where my friends were. Luckily, it was still the same game.

I will no doubt be flamed to death by people who use "phrases"(yes, I use that term lightly) such as "lil" and "ur". But I know that you people really do agree with this

Thank You

another reason i can guarantee most people who are familiar with rsc is that its harder to gain experience and takes a significant amount longer to acheive say 99 str on rsc than 99 str on rs2. that goes for pretty much on any skill. rs2 has ruined the idea of it being a great acheivement to get a 99 skill... im taking a rough guess but i believe it would be aroun 98% of rs2 players 110 combat or higher wouldnt be 110 combat if rsc was the game. oh and personally i like skilling on rsc because its harder to do than rs2. 1411 skill total on rsc, 1510 skill total on rs2 under Lord Omar Iv.

another reason i can guarantee most people who are familiar with rsc is that its harder to gain experience and takes a significant amount longer to acheive say 99 str on rsc than 99 str on rs2. that goes for pretty much on any skill. rs2 has ruined the idea of it being a great acheivement to get a 99 skill... im taking a rough guess but i believe it would be aroun 98% of rs2 players 110 combat or higher wouldnt be 110 combat if rsc was the game. oh and personally i like skilling on rsc because its harder to do than rs2. 1411 skill total on rsc, 1510 skill total on rs2 under Lord Omar Iv.
I've got to agree with you there, thats why I stopped leveling. Became pointless

for the most part it has become a little pointless but im not going to let it ruin my fun on the game. i still wanna level certain skills on rsc and dont get bothered by autoers. but theres a ton of autoers on rs2 but u dont notice most of them because theres so many more servers and like 1000% population increase since the release of rs2. makes no difference, the impact of autoers on rs2 is biggerr than on rsc right now. i see it as more of a problem on rs2 than rsc due to rsc being a "dead game" compared to rs2.

I have noticed that on this forum, there are many well known pkers. I have also discovered that these pkers are most nostalgic about the pking system(duh). This has lead me to multiple discoveries

There is only one thing worth mentioning about RSC that is apart of the gameplay which people miss

The pking system is what people are still attracted to. This seems to be all that these pkers talk about. In fact, the majority of the people on here are pkers, which leads me to my next discovery

Pkers in RSC had something going for them, it took "skill" to be one of them(or a 5 min tutorial). Then, RS2 comes along and anyone with good stats can be one of them. This obviously makes them furious, so they refuse to play where someone with a bad connection can beat them

I have received no agreement on here, the closest thing was a mature post with constructive criticism. When you look at my previous discovery, all the pkers want RSC back open. Therefore, they populate these forums with nostalgic post, and only nostalgic posts. This makes the outside observer believe that RSC is wanted by everyone, but its only the pkers. The non pkers opened up to RS2, because they saw it as a gameplay update, not a stab in the heart. That is why people who would agree with me aren't on here, they are on the RS2 parts of this forum.

rscft4.jpg

Autoers and pkers seem to be the only ones who have any interest in the game at this point. RS2 was embraced with open arms by the community itself, the only people that didn't embrace it were you pkers. Instead of adapting and becoming great on the new game, you whined and died out. Now you are stuck sitting on these forums, wishing it all back.

People cared about the community, not the game play. Do you know what I said when I heard that P2P was going to be an entirely new game? I said that no matter how good the new game was, that I would go to where my friends were. Luckily, it was still the same game.

I will no doubt be flamed to death by people who use "phrases"(yes, I use that term lightly) such as "lil" and "ur". But I know that you people really do agree with this

Thank You

Honestly, why do you make these posts? Who are you trying to prove your ignorant (and wrong) points to??.. No one cares what an rs2 product has to say... That whole p2p thing was [developmentally delayed]ed... "I would go to where my friends were"... that is pathetic, you rely that heavily on friends over an online game to make decisions??

Also, do you really think pking was a 5 min tutorial? You really do have no idea about rsc pking. Just because you MAY have learned how to do a north and east lefty catch from a tutorial really doesn't mean anything. Just because you MAY have practiced with your friend and had pre-arranged running directions really doesn't mean anything. Just because you are so sure you know what you are talking about really doesn't mean anything. So just in case you didn't catch my drift, NOTHING YOU ARE SAYING MEANS ANYTHING!

Of course most pkers don't like rs2 pking, why even try to be good at something ANYONE can be good at? Oh yah, that picture of the server status doesn't mean anything (I know I already said nothing you said means anything, but I knew I would have to re-emphasize it for you somewhere) because you know how many people would be playing if they had maybe 2 pmods/server and people could still create accounts? I know I would be playing and the best thing is there would probably be a lot less autoers with the pmod system.

I have more to say.. but I don't really want to waste anymore time... so.. go back to the rs2 boards with the people you belong with please :).

Rs2 is only more popular than rsc because it is put at the bottom of the RuneScape website, and has no support and no new sign ups. You don't even play the game so I'm not sure why you think you have a huge say in it.

You really are a jackass, people here like rsc and you are making posts in these forums saying nobody does, and that it is not a good game. Why dont you go dig a hole :roll:.

Your char was legit up until level 3

I heard he was like the BEST pker in RSC.
Did you even play in RSC?

Rs2 pking is not that any one with levels can beat you , its it is just to easy.

all you do is click attack , person starts to run , dont worry youll follow them automatically. Thats the gayness of it....

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

rscft4.jpg

Thank You

Honestly, why do you make these posts? Who are you trying to prove your ignorant (and wrong) points to??.. No one cares what an rs2 product has to say... That whole p2p thing was [developmentally delayed]... "I would go to where my friends were"... that is pathetic, you rely that heavily on friends over an online game to make decisions??

Also, do you really think pking was a 5 min tutorial? You really do have no idea about rsc pking. Just because you MAY have learned how to do a north and east lefty catch from a tutorial really doesn't mean anything. Just because you MAY have practiced with your friend and had pre-arranged running directions really doesn't mean anything. Just because you are so sure you know what you are talking about really doesn't mean anything. So just in case you didn't catch my drift, NOTHING YOU ARE SAYING MEANS ANYTHING!

Of course most pkers don't like rs2 pking, why even try to be good at something ANYONE can be good at? Oh yah, that picture of the server status doesn't mean anything (I know I already said nothing you said means anything, but I knew I would have to re-emphasize it for you somewhere) because you know how many people would be playing if they had maybe 2 pmods/server and people could still create accounts? I know I would be playing and the best thing is there would probably be a lot less autoers with the pmod system.

I have more to say.. but I don't really want to waste anymore time... so.. go back to the rs2 boards with the people you belong with please :).

1. I didn't play enough of RS2 to be considered a RS2 product

2. I was in RSD, I knew how to catch every which way, and I could catch most people diagonally

3. I go where my friends go, if you call me some name because I care more about my friends than my game play experience, then go ahead

At first i thought.. I don't really have time to bother retorting to someone who is essentially trying to describe colour despite being blind, don't pretend you have a great insight as to why we all want Rsc back when your reasons are painstakingly obvious but not thought out at all, of course i will elaborate.

These lines always make me laugh when people write them because before they start with the main body of their post they know they're wrong, they know they're stupid and basically they're striving for a little attention.

So far so good, you've yet to interpret these results and attach your misconceptions.

The pking system is obviously going to be what pkers talk about, do you not see that? This is like discovering a pimple on your arse, fun for a second and redundant for the rest of the day.

Okay now where i can really start to pick at your ineptitude.

Rs2 offered an alternative to Skillers, Questers and generally losers. Those of us who played for the unique part of Runescape were not offered the same alternative, naturally because of this those who publicly crave for the return of Rsc are pkers.

Your pathetic attempt at belittling the skill involved in pking was a glaring advert for your lack of knowledge for it, you like every other drivelling idiot that makes these topics have missed the point entirely and confounded your criticism of it on hear'say and gossip with no fact of knowledge to back it up.

Pking was not all about connection.

You miss the part about anyone who trains and/or BUYS 13 million magic exp can beat someone who TRAINS 52 million melee exp, yes that amused me too, you being the mental midget that you are have selective pointing and choose only to see those aspects that will benefit your arguement which is that we're all whining about the actually system change and not more so the connotations of the change.

My character was made in line with Jagex's system, why should i suffer because of circumstance? They changed the finish line and that's fundamentally wrong.

I really don't even want to get into the stupidity of Bind spells and autocatchers because it makes me sick to think of Runescape like that, had Jagex stayed the sentimental company they started Rsc would still be Rsc, as it stands Jagex are a business and businesses operate for the sole purpose of gaining money, gameplay in all games has suffered over the years and it's undeniable, it's been replaced by graphics because they're what are attract people and trigger the impulse to purchase the game, Rsc was unique and had longevity.

Your naivity is now becoming quite sad, people did not open up to Rs2 lol.. They were coerced into playing it:

- No cheat prevention

- No highscores

- Move bank to one game

- No new updates, quests, skills, weapons, fish, ores, armours

Who would choose to stay on a game like that? Obviously the people who have no alternative i find it bemusing that this isn't glaringly obvious to you, but i've learnt not to make assumptions about peoples intelligence because once in a while someone makes a post like this and my faith is restored, Lobotomy patients can re-integrate... With monkeys..

rscft4.jpg

Your overwhelming evidence is as fruitful as me going to Disneyworld when it's closed, taking a picture and saying ''Overwhelming evidence no1 goes to disneyworld anymore''

You're a fool.

Thank You

This is your opinion and if you felt the need to get a social life on a computer game i guess that's nobody elses problem but your own.

Some of us chose to play a multiplayer game to play Player Vs Player i don't know why we came up with such a ridiculas idea? but hey it seemed to stick, then we noticed a unique system that offered excitement, skill and ultimately satisfaction.

We saw this change to what we knew was inferior, why (and please try to answer this as best you can, even if that be via fingerpainting pictures) would we ever choose to move to an inferior game?

As history cannot be repeated we cannot see the effect of what would have happened if people could have chosen which game to play if both were to have equal support but i can guarantee Rsc would be a hell of alot more populated than it is now, not only that but it wouldn't be the poor-mans WoW

I truly feel sorry for you that you have such a narrowminded view of the people here, but you blew all your credibility with this topic.. Wow can you believe i wrote that believing you actually started with any credibility?

If you want a summarisation of what's written above please feel free to read my shortened simpler version:

YOU'RE WRONG & A TOSSER =D>

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

At first i thought.. I don't really have time to bother retorting to someone who is essentially trying to describe colour despite being blind, don't pretend you have a great insight as to why we all want Rsc back when your reasons are painstakingly obvious but not thought out at all, of course i will elaborate.

These lines always make me laugh when people write them because before they start with the main body of their post they know they're wrong, they know they're stupid and basically they're striving for a little attention.

So far so good, you've yet to interpret these results and attach your misconceptions.

The pking system is obviously going to be what pkers talk about, do you not see that? This is like discovering a pimple on your arse, fun for a second and redundant for the rest of the day.

Okay now where i can really start to pick at your ineptitude.

Rs2 offered an alternative to Skillers, Questers and generally losers. Those of us who played for the unique part of Runescape were not offered the same alternative, naturally because of this those who publicly crave for the return of Rsc are pkers.

Your pathetic attempt at belittling the skill involved in pking was a glaring advert for your lack of knowledge for it, you like every other drivelling idiot that makes these topics have missed the point entirely and confounded your criticism of it on hear'say and gossip with no fact of knowledge to back it up.

You miss the part about anyone who trains and/or BUYS 13 million magic exp can beat someone who TRAINS 52 million melee exp, yes that amused me too, you being the mental midget that you are have selective pointing and choose only to see those aspects that will benefit your arguement which is that we're all whining about the actually system change and not more so the connotations of the change.

My character was made in line with Jagex's system, why should i suffer because of circumstance? They changed the finish line and that's fundamentally wrong.

I really don't even want to get into the stupidity of Bind spells and autocatchers because it makes me sick to think of Runescape like that, had Jagex stayed the sentimental company they started Rsc would still be Rsc, as it stands Jagex are a business and businesses operate for the sole purpose of gaining money, gameplay in all games has suffered over the years and it's undeniable, it's been replaced by graphics because they're what are attract people and trigger the impulse to purchase the game, Rsc was unique and had longevity.

Your naivity is now becoming quite sad, people did not open up to Rs2 lol.. They were coerced into playing it:

- No cheat prevention

- No highscores

- Move bank to one game

- No new updates, quests, skills, weapons, fish, ores, armours

Who would choose to stay on a game like that? Obviously the people who have no alternative i find it bemusing that this isn't glaringly obvious to you, but i've learnt not to make assumptions about peoples intelligence because once in a while someone makes a post like this and my faith is restored, Lobotomy patients can re-integrate... With monkeys..

rscft4.jpg

Your overwhelming evidence is as fruitful as me going to Disneyworld when it's closed, taking a picture and saying ''Overwhelming evidence no1 goes to disneyworld anymore''

You're a fool.

Thank You

This is your opinion and if you felt the need to get a social life on a computer game i guess that's nobody elses problem but your own.

Some of us chose to play a multiplayer game to play Player Vs Player i don't know why we came up with such a ridiculas idea? but hey it seemed to stick, then we noticed a unique system that offered excitement, skill and ultimately satisfaction.

We saw this change to what we knew was inferior, why (and please try to answer this as best you can, even if that be via fingerpainting pictures) would we ever choose to move to an inferior game?

As history cannot be repeated we cannot see the effect of what would have happened if people could have chosen which game to play if both were to have equal support but i can guarantee Rsc would be a hell of alot more populated than it is now, not only that but it wouldn't be the poor-mans WoW

I truly feel sorry for you that you have such a narrowminded view of the people here, but you blew all your credibility with this topic.. Wow can you believe i wrote that believing you actually started with any credibility?

If you want a summarisation of what's written above please feel free to read my shortened simpler version:

YOU'RE WRONG & A TOSSER =D>

Yah, that is what I didn't have time to say in my post :D \:D/ =D>

AND...

2. I was in RSD, I knew how to catch every which way, and I could catch most people diagonally

That statement is actually quite contradictory. If you were in RSD, I am pretty sure you didn't know how to catch :roll:. Plus, being in RSD means nothing in my eyes anyway. You see, I was in MI and you probably think you won that war we had :lol: .

Then someone quotes them going "rofl yeah!" who doesn't know at all what they're talking about and are just riding the bandwagon. Seriously, at least come up with your own mindless-flaming ramble

well said adx well said

Yah, that is what I didn't have time to say in my post
My point proven?

Ok, this will be my last post on here until I get back from my trip, so take your time in responding

Connection has about as much to do with pking as a car has to do with traveling. You can still do it, but just not nearly as well. There was a reason that I didn't pk that much, its because I often played from the library. They had the worst connection around here and I couldn't catch a guard, but that all changed when I got home.

Yes, most people did open up to it. I remember the RS2 beta having more people than RSC. When there are more people who would rather play a game which will be erased in a few months than play the original, that should be a sign. You are a fool if you think that everyone preferred RSC

Inferior in what way? You had earned a couple of good points on me until you said this. The RSC pking system was the most flawed thing in the history of gaming. I can understand if you like it, but saying that it is the superior version? How is a pure who was made in a week being able to kill a high level fair? IT ISNT. The high level could be more skilled in every aspect of pking, but they still would lose.

No, it really wouldn't be more populated. The games boom started when the graphical updates came along. You're a fool for saying otherwise.

That statement is actually quite contradictory. If you were in RSD, I am pretty sure you didn't know how to catch Rolling Eyes. Plus, being in RSD means nothing in my eyes anyway. You see, I was in MI and you probably think you won that war we had Laughing
It depends on your perspective, do you judge who won a war by who actually won the war, or on the terms of Kuku Bananas?

You will no doubt say that MI was more skilled blah blah blah :roll: In the revolutionary war, the British were FAR superior to the Americans in EVERY way, so I suppose that Britain won that war as well? :roll:

That statement is actually quite contradictory. If you were in RSD, I am pretty sure you didn't know how to catch Rolling Eyes. Plus, being in RSD means nothing in my eyes anyway. You see, I was in MI and you probably think you won that war we had Laughing
It depends on your perspective, do you judge who won a war by who actually won the war, or on the terms of Kuku Bananas?

You will no doubt say that MI was more skilled blah blah blah :roll: In the revolutionary war, the British were FAR superior to the Americans in EVERY way, so I suppose that Britain won that war as well? :roll:

Britain probably would have taken over America if they had the ability to "respawn" when they died... RSD controlled the altar sure, good job, that is because no one in MI really even needed to go there. Do you think MI came to control the altar? no.. it was to get kills. And I can assure you that if once a member of RSD (and MI) died they could not come back MI would have controlled the altar anyway... I think I died maybe 2 or 3 times in that war all at the end when I stopped caring.

And by the way, I was a mid-high level 80s pure and it certainly did not take me a week to get my stats. Also, I was not jumping on any bandwagon.. I hinted towards a lot of stuff Adx talked about, he just elaborated alot more.

*i was in rsd when the MI war happened... i fought in that war and i can honestly tell u, MI won that war.....

*last time i checked, if u had somewhat of a life beyond the computer, no one could make even a decent pure in a week legitly. i think u may be talking about rs2 because training in rs2 is 3-4 times FASTER than rsc EVER was

adx is right many elite players (and thats all that mattered in the rs community, it aint our fault u werent part of that community) were forced into moving to rs2 not only because of jagex but becaue of the clan scene as well... the only reason i made the move for awhile before officially retiring in dec 2004 was because of the no options given for rsc... i regret that mistake, and to this day ill take rsc even with all of its autoers anyday over rs2.

for all i care rs2 has no 'elite community' because everyone is guaranteed to be great on the game which in turn will lead to its demise...

Ok, this will be my last post on here until I get back from my trip, so take your time in responding

Y'no it's starting to become more than a coincidence that when you idiots make posts like this and i decide i can be bothered replying in depth this is the response i get...

''This will be my last post on the first page of my own topic''

You're a star lol :wink: I'll be back later on to pick apart your latest post, haven't the time at the moment.

Whiterob10 was better then zorro for sure :P

Adx1's Rsc Kills

http://www.photobucket.com

Username = adxx1

Password = read only

Connection has about as much to do with pking as a car has to do with traveling. You can still do it, but just not nearly as well. There was a reason that I didn't pk that much, its because I often played from the library. They had the worst connection around here and I couldn't catch a guard, but that all changed when I got home.

It was all about player-IDs, I don't believe any connection would make you have over 120 ping (or even 60, which was enough to 1sq) on a server that is located in the country you live in.

Connection effected the rate at which jagex's servers would receive packets of information from you . simple clicks were sent to the server before you did any thing on rs , and the faster your connection made the packers send and receive quicker.

Meeturpker

99 hp before you

Well, I have something to say to your comment about catching and not being able to do it in RS2. I didn't have catch on anybody most of the time, and I STILL enjoyed PKing. What do you have to say to that?

whats this Im hearing bout private servers? ur the only one in the server or what?

Nope. Not the only one. :wink:

Well, I have something to say to your comment about catching and not being able to do it in RS2. I didn't have catch on anybody most of the time, and I STILL enjoyed PKing. What do you have to say to that?

whats this Im hearing bout private servers? ur the only one in the server or what?

Nope. Not the only one. :wink:

Running after someone in the wildy (RS2) is just lame

It was pretty cool to chase after someone and catch them when they were ahead of you, and get 3 solid rounds on them before they were allowed to run again.

RSC (2001-2004) Quit

Thegodsend - 79 combat (85 HP)

• 2 weeks later...

RSC is now PvP oriented. 99% of people left playing RSC are Stakers, or PKers. And Their either training, or doing previously said things.

RSC Didn't die because of the players, its because jagex felt RS2 was "better" From the RSClassic page on Official site "instead play the latest and greatest version of RuneScape" meaning jagex doesnt care about rsc... But I will assume they make enough money from their monthly fees on the hundreds of still active accounts to keep it running and make a profit.

The previous "Mass Bans" weren't needed IMHO. I understood when they removed F2P but even then most of the people I knew in the game just got p2p within the week and it was back to normal RSC life.

This last week I tried pking in RS2 ... and while it was slightly entertaining (since you dont run across too many noobs in RSC wildy) the whole running and multicombat stuff completely ruins the best part of RuneScape, THE COMBAT! You just can't 3hit people anymore, which is crap. And P2P is even worse >.>

Always Rollin' in RSC

Do you love Harry Potter ?

sdik 3 evah yeht ,ynnig seirram yrrah

• 2 weeks later...

man you havent got a clue

jagex is a business

very similar to steam (counter strike)

at least steam still let people play cs 1.6

jagex were afraid of there own invention

if you looked at 2 games now, runescape classic and world of warcraft, most people would pick WoW just because of the graphics

rsc had SUCH good gameplay it was untrue

rs2 doesnt

simple as