PCing- Immoral?

aj926

Lol immoral? Such a big word for such a stupid game.

Pcing is; faster exp, very boring, repetitive, etc. That's what it is, simple isn't?

2480+ total

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I'm going to hell because I like PC.

But, I'm sending you there first with my ownage PCed stats. ::'

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Pest Control... The dumbest idea ever to grace the minds of Jagex :wall:

First of all, the experience rewarded for one game of Pest Control is disproportionate with the effort expended. The minimum amount of damage one needs to cause to gain a void knight point is 50 (200 experience). That void knight point will translate to, in many cases, more than 3 or 4 times the actual amount of experience earned. Can someone explain to me why one could possibly do the bare minimum (Exactlly 50 damage) yet reap rewards which they didn't earn? I mean... Wouldn't it be awesome it for every shark I cooked I was given an additional 630 experience?

I'll leave you to think about that one for a bit.

Second of all, Pest Control shouldn't reward you with gobs of experience in a skill unlesss you use it. How can someone melee all day and be rewarded with 500K magic experience (Without casting a single spell, mind you)? I mean... Come on... WTF is that?

Can I cook a shark and get runecrafting experience? Nope!

Can I fletch a bow and get mining experience? Nuh-uh!

Can run around an obstacle course and get farming experience? I wish!

So if I can't do any of these things then why should someone be able to earn an exorbitant amount of experience in a combat skill that they've NEVER used?

Does anyone remember the charge spell before it was given t3h nerf? Well, Jagex 'fixed' that because they didn't want people reaching 99 magic as fast as they were. Yet-- Somehow, someway-- Pest Control is justified? I mean... At least by using charge you had to actually... You know... Use runes.

Something else to think about.

RAHK:

Pest Control is absolutely free. You don't need pots. You don't need food. You don't need armor. You don't need arrows. And you don't need runes. In fact, all you need is a weapon to inflict a pitiful amount of damage on some hapless NPC. That's it.

Progression is one thing; Regression is another thing all together. The ability to train risk free/cost free exorbitantly fast while expending a tenth (If that) of the effort you would elsewhere isn't progression. That's plain and simply idiocy. Do you know of any other online game with the equivilent of Pest Control? I bet you don't, because the premise of Pest Control violates everything that a MMORPG stands for.

Oh... You say you don't think it does? Fine.

Then I want all non-combat skills added to Pest Control. That way, I can raise my farming to a high level through combat :)

I will never pc. I will never stoop to that in order to get 99s. I want to prove to myself that I dont need to take the cowards way out and pc. I want 99s that are worth something.

GF TIF.

9 November 2006 - 22 January 2008, when I could no longer stand the painted turd that is the Tip.It community. Only posting in rants.

I hope you don't mind, but I editted my answers in:

Pest Control... The dumbest idea ever to grace the minds of Jagex :wall:

Nowhere did I say that PC was a good addition to the game. Nowhere. But to ignore/refuse to use the addition and hamper your own goals in the process from some self-delusional, hypocritical sense of morality, is pure stupidity, I'm sorry. Would I remove PC? No. Would I change many things? Yes. Will I stop using one of the fastest training methods in the game for no actual reason? Hell, no.

First of all, the experience rewarded for one game of Pest Control is disproportionate with the effort expended. The minimum amount of damage one needs to cause to gain a void knight point is 50 (200 experience). That void knight point will translate to, in many cases, more than 3 or 4 times the actual amount of experience earned. Can someone explain to me why one could possibly do the bare minimum (Exactlly 50 damage) yet reap rewards which they didn't earn? I mean... Wouldn't it be awesome it for every shark I cooked I was given an additional 630 experience?

I'll leave you to think about that one for a bit.

This is not well thought out, but I can see where you think it would be. You claim that they did not "earn" this xp, correct? Using your logic (being at a certain place, doing a certain thing, but not earning all the experience acquired = bad) then the Agility Arena (the ticket one), the Mage Training One (the hat one), and many other things are "disproportionate with the effort expended". Why? Because you do a certain task (run over agility blocks that give low xp and cast high alch spells) which, though these things should normally give much lower xp rewards, give much higher xp (turning in the tickets and the gp) rewards due to the location that you are at. This is the exact same idea as PC. You do a certain task (attack for 50 damage), at a certain place (PC), and earn a much higher xp reward (turning in points) due to the fact you are at PC. To claim that PC is bad, means you must also mean anything that gives higher-than-normal xp due to its location.

Second of all, Pest Control shouldn't reward you with gobs of experience in a skill unlesss you use it. How can someone melee all day and be rewarded with 500K magic experience (Without casting a single spell, mind you)? I mean... Come on... WTF is that?

Can I cook a shark and get runecrafting experience? Nope!

Can I fletch a bow and get mining experience? Nuh-uh!

Can run around an obstacle course and get farming experience? I wish!

So if I can't do any of these things then why should someone be able to earn an exorbitant amount of experience in a combat skill that they've NEVER used?

If you read on the page before, I totally agree with this sentiment. While I don't like it, I will use it if it is faster (which it isn't for me).

Does anyone remember the charge spell before it was given t3h nerf? Well, Jagex 'fixed' that because they didn't want people reaching 99 magic as fast as they were. Yet-- Somehow, someway-- Pest Control is justified? I mean... At least by using charge you had to actually... You know... Use runes.

Something else to think about.

Fixing charge was a very good idea. It was 180xp per click and you could click as fast as you possibly could to receive this xp. Nothing about that is "training" and everything about that is "buying" a skill. I'd much rather people train 99 mage through meleeing PC than to blow a ton of gp and get 99 mage in a couple minutes. They might not be training "right" but at least they are training. How can you compare minutes to weeks? And it is rather hypocritical to use a "buy it" defensive just before using a "super cheap" one...

RAHK:

Pest Control is absolutely free. You don't need pots. You don't need food. You don't need armor. You don't need arrows. And you don't need runes. In fact, all you need is a weapon to inflict a pitiful amount of damage on some hapless NPC. That's it.

For melee in runescape, you need exactly what you described above. If you want to compare PCing to killing Dag Kings... well I don't have the words that would make it simple enough. As to the runes/arrows point, as I said above and on the previous page, I agree. Oh btw, I use pots when I pc. And armor. And chins or ancients. Why? For the exact same reason you use these things elsewhere: its faster. While it is true that you can PC from a low level to all 99s with only an iron-dragon scimitar, you can do the exact same thing (minus the mage/range like I said) in many, many places of runescape. How else would pures enter the wildy pre-PC? And if you are concerned about the faster xp over the cheap xp outside of PC, reread the argument above.

Progression is one thing; Regression is another thing all together. The ability to train risk free/cost free exorbitantly fast while expending a tenth (If that) of the effort you would elsewhere isn't progression. That's plain and simply idiocy. Do you know of any other online game with the equivilent of Pest Control? I bet you don't, because the premise of Pest Control violates everything that a MMORPG stands for.

Progression is defined by better training methods and more fun. Thats about it. Which means regression is slower training methods and less fun. While fun is debatable (I enjoy PC in 200-300 game spurts) training speed is not. Other than changes that were made to fix things that were unintentionally fast (charge for example), I can't think of a single example where Jagex regressed. My memory is far from perfect, though.

Unless you have people who choose to carry you, you will not be getting "exorbitantly fast [xp] while expending a tenth (If that) of the effort". Why? Because the only REAL way that results in consistently fast xp, is in some form of a PC group/clan. If you are hopping around, you aren't going to be getting fast xp, nor will you if you are taking 3 minutes to beat a round... and no clan that I know would allow you to wear ONLY a weapon, do your 50 damage, and just sit there. You would be dropped and fast. Which means you would have to join the normal worlds and you might as well train elsewhere in runescape. The big flaw here, is you need a pretty high combat to be able to join them.

And I do not play that many MMORPG's so I cannot really vouch for their lack of a PC equivalent. What I can say, though, is WoW's battlegrounds are to pvp kills as RS's PC is to combat experience. WoW is just way more potent for pvp kills than PC is for combat experience.

Oh... You say you don't think it does? Fine.

Then I want all non-combat skills added to Pest Control. That way, I can raise my farming to a high level through combat :)

To give weight to your whole argument, I suggest not ending with a weak and frivolous statement. It just detracts from any valid points that you may have made previously.

You are obviously somebody who views your combat level as your "sword" in my example before. Unless, of course, you complained and whined this many months after every single equivalent NON-combat update...

People like you view combat as your "sword" and non-combat as something frivolous, such as your "mind". And please understand, that isn't as insulting as you think. If you were to ask your average man (with women it might be their... "platebodies"?) whether he would like his "sword" bigger or his mind expanded, most would pick a larger sword to swing (platebody to wear). While there is nothing wrong with either choice, we differ in that I am a mind ("helm", lol?) man, while you are a sword man/woman/child (don't know and it doesn't matter). You just need to take a step back and ask yourself your motivations and the reasons behind them.

P.S. Be back later! (As in... Monday or Sunday, lol)

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

I get 60-80K per hour with points fluctuated in by being in Heart Unit; one of if not the fastest PC groups in current RS' perspective. Compared to skills like cooking and fletching, this is below par for even the most baisic exp routes.

Fast exp? Yes. Blisteringly fast exp? No. I still have hundreds of hours to go for my nice red cape, and I'm sure some of you guys can contest to this fact.

60-80k an hour isn't blisteringly fast?! Did you ever play RSC? 15k an hour was blistering fast on RSC. I got 100 combat on RSC at 10-15k xp an hour and 99 melee stats at the start of rs2 before barrows, ape atoll, slayer, whips, dragon scimmies, PC or any of that crap. I never got more than 30k an hour and you say 80k an hour isn't blistering fast?!

Same thing with range. I got 70 range on classic and 97 range at the start of rs2 with a bow and arrows.

Combat is supposed to be hard. Cooking was just as fast as it is now on classic. Combat should not be a 100k an hour skill and it is RIDICULOUS that you can get 99 range and 99 mage without firing a bow/casting a spell.

I despise PC. It was Jagex's biggest mistake by far and is the main reason I feel like quitting this game.

agreed, ive putr my sweat adn blood into 99 mage, to be stabbed in the back by PC and everyone getting it cheap is distressing.

img.cfm?img=41871

Yeah...Some people just go out of their way to ruin other peoples fun.
Sounds like Jagex to me...

Stabbed in the back?

Training magic through PC using the fastest clan isn't nearly as fast as simply alching, which is almost 0 cost if you want that fletching exp.

Try using the 100 point option.

Lets say you get a pc point every minute. in one hour, you would get 60 points. in 2 hours, 120 points, 3 hours, 160 points, 4 hours, 220 points, 5 hours, 280 points, 6 hours, 340 points, 7 hours, 400 points.

Now, cash in all those points with a 85 lvl skill, using the 100 point option.

You get 130,440 xp per 100 points. multiply that by 4, and you get 521,760 xp per 7 hours.

Make that into a fraction - 521760/7. Simplify, you got roughly 74.5K xp per hour

There you go. now, thats just purely in points, and it would increase depending on your lvl. Oh, and dont forget the normal xp.

Lets say I got 26k xp from killing monsters. Add that on to your answer, ta daa! You got 100k xp per hour with an 85 stat.

Now, thats almost triple the xp I can get training normally.

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

Try using the 100 point option.

Lets say you get a pc point every minute. in one hour, you would get 60 points. in 2 hours, 120 points, 3 hours, 160 points, 4 hours, 220 points, 5 hours, 280 points, 6 hours, 340 points, 7 hours, 400 points.

Now, cash in all those points with a 85 lvl skill, using the 100 point option.

You get 130,440 xp per 100 points. multiply that by 4, and you get 521,760 xp per 7 hours.

Make that into a fraction - 521760/7. Simplify, you got roughly 74.5K xp per hour

There you go. now, thats just purely in points, and it would increase depending on your lvl. Oh, and dont forget the normal xp.

Lets say I got 26k xp from killing monsters. Add that on to your answer, ta daa! You got 100k xp per hour.

Too bad consistant 1 minute games are about as rare as a hot beanie baby collector.

Then take away 20k. That leaves you with 80k. Its STILL killer xp.

taking away 20k would mean that they are 1:20 games, which is still a far ways off. You have to ws, you have to be completely into the game, and you have to accept that pures follow the best pk teams, and most games will be over 2:00 long.

PC isn't the best melee exp, so there really is 0 reason to hate it. There really is. This training spot becomes accessable after 100 combat, which is when most good pc clans accept you as a member anyways.

OMG MY EXP GOT THE LAMED BY JAGOX BY PC! No. It's gotten easier EVERYWHERE, not just pc. Stop whining and enjoy your 99 skill.

Which you don't have?

Too bad consistant 1 minute games are about as rare as a hot beanie baby collector.

=D> That was good, I laughed for a good minute.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

Everywhere? If im right, the only skill that were made easy are cooking, fletching, and all the combat skills. Ohh look, thats 9 out of 23 skills.

Cooking, fletching, smithing, fishing, all the combat skills, runecrafting (abyss), con is already easy, agility has gotten a lot of updates since release, Herblore has new potions, and the addition of farming makes leveling convinient, THIEVING, Crafting, mining.

The only skills that your statement applies to are:

-Slayer

-Farming

-Hunter (omg so hrd to rase we ned updaet)

-Firemaking

-Woodchoppin'

That's what...

5 out of the existing 23 skills?

Everywhere? If im right, the only skill that were made easy are cooking, fletching, and all the combat skills. Ohh look, thats 9 out of 23 skills.

Cooking, fletching, smithing, fishing, all the combat skills, runecrafting (abyss), con is already easy, agility has gotten a lot of updates since release, Herblore has new potions, and the addition of farming makes leveling convinient, THIEVING, Crafting, mining.

-Slayer

-Farming

-Firemaking

-Woodchoppin'

That's what...

Oh wait... black masks, garden gnomes, and dragon axe + lumberjack outfit.

Oh, jeez.

Have fun with 99 firemaking and hunter.

-Slayer

-Farming

-Firemaking

-Woodchoppin'

That's what...

smithing - How so? Its pretty hard

fishing - Nope. Hasnt been made easier really

runecrafting (abyss) - Meh, it has a huge comeback - chance of being pked

con - And it costs ALOT of money and time to get up

agility - Hard to get up, requires undivided attention

Herblore - Oh joy, millions of clicks to get it. Hardly easy

THIEVING - Lets see.. you have a high chance of getting attacked, oh, and usually people kill the ppl you are pickpocketing

Crafting - Easy? I think not

Mining - how so?

Oh, jeez.

Black mask - Yays. my max hit is increased by 2!!111!1

Garden gnomes? Uhh....

Dragon axe - Oh em gee a huge 20% improvement for 2.5M.

Lumerjack outfit - Hardly benificial. and its hard to get the full set.

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

8 pages of *****ing, thats sad. If you don't like Pest Control then don't play it!! Its like the word noob. I absolutely hate it, but do I go around making threads every week complaining about how many people use the word? RAHK has summed up all of my points in a clear post, if you have read it and still want to ***** about Pest Control then I suggest some therapy, or time off of Runescape.

"]doughnutt.jpg

-Slayer

-Farming

-Firemaking

-Woodchoppin'

That's what...

smithing - How so? Its pretty hard

Blast furnace

fishing - Nope. Hasnt been made easier really

Fishing colony. Harpoon equippable.

runecrafting (abyss) - Meh, it has a huge comeback - chance of being pked

OMGS I lost 30k. And btw, PC has the drawback of being BORING AS HELL.

con - And it costs ALOT of money and time to get up

OK? We're talking about exp.

agility - Hard to get up, requires undivided attention

So does pc, or else you're getting the same exp as someone slaying

Herblore - Oh joy, millions of clicks to get it. Hardly easy

PC isn't easy! and yeah, it is sort of easy to buy a few thousand of X, combine with X, get X, sell X. Just about as easy of hundreds of hours in PC.

THIEVING - Lets see.. you have a high chance of getting attacked, oh, and usually people kill the ppl you are pickpocketing

Pyramid Plunder.

Oh, jeez.

Black mask - Yays. my max hit is increased by 2!!111!1

What the christ? It's a GREAT item.

Garden gnomes? Uhh....

Now I don't need 2 rows of my bank taken up.

Dragon axe - Oh em gee a huge 20% improvement for 2.5M.

That you can sell back easily. and 20% is a great boost.

Lumerjack outfit - Hardly benificial. and its hard to get the full set.

OK, but it is a boost.

So you got mining and crafting added to your other two skills. BTW, we're talking about things that got any boost, not things that got boosts that made the skill a snap to get.

Read my initial post again. PC is NOT easy. It's boring, and there are better areas to train. It's simply a choice to no life, and you need 100+ combat to access most clans that you need to have for this 70K exp an hour nonsense.

Yes, for getting a pure to lvl 3-70 in a day it is amazing, but for getting 100-126 combat? Hardly. I would die.

Lol, I get my friend to give me all the worlds. I can easily get over 100k ranged xp per hour. And I may not like pc, but I still use it.

It IS great xp. I can get 40k xp per hour doing ogres. I would be happy if they simply decreased the xp bonuses.

Last post for a while, playing cws with friends.

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

Lol, I get my friend to give me all the worlds. I can easily get over 100k ranged xp per hour. And I may not like pc, but I still use it.

It IS great xp. I can get 40k xp per hour doing ogres. I would be happy if they simply decreased the xp bonuses.

OK.... but not everyone has a lvl 120 friend who is in ZPS.

And on another note, why would you ever bash it if you use it? :-s

Because being hypocritical is fun?

"]doughnutt.jpg

Because its easy xp. Too easy. Im getting my achievements way to easily. Soon, I'm bound to become bored if I dont stop.

Oh, and its stupid not to pc if you can. I may not agree with the massive amount of xp, but why cant I use it? If its there, then by all means I'll use it. I just dont like how unfair it is

BTW, my friend is a lvl 70 pure. Lol. there ARE pure pc clans out there, some are better than the lvl 100+ clans

madmax_410.png

madmax_410.png

I don't care if any pc's to 99, I know that the person started to pc because of the fast xp, and even though PC takes away the old-skool tradtion so what? the agility arena gives xp tickets and no one complains about that? the sorcess garden gives theif xp no one complians about that? pyramid plunder? it's a mini game too with good xp-per-hour

So why would pc be any difference? attack def mage str range hp pray are all hard as hell to level! jagex wants people to keep their sanity while trianing ya know!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

The PC whiners remind me of "old skool people" who say it's "immoral" to use a calculator for math, because when THEY were kids they had to calculate everything by hand. :/

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

I feel sorry for people who chose to rot away in PC, training on an NPC may be slower, but if you chose correctly itl be a lot more profitable and possibly more enjoyable... Doesnt that make sense? :-k

Either way PC is here to stay and I doubt Jagex will change it after the time that has passed.... :uhh:

nutbrain_ii.png

Nutbrain_ii.png

Got my membership back :)