CUSTOMIZABLE WEAPONS

This suggestion details a new modification to the arsenal of weaponry available to adventurers: enchantable gemmed pommels.

First of all, any weapon with a gem attached is untradable, so in order to acquire the powerful effects of the enchantments, you have to create the modifications yourself. Note that the weapon pommels ARE tradable, but once they are welded to the weapon, they are no longer able to be traded and drop their value in coins in relation to their selling price at the General Store if you die and lose them. Only swords, halberds and battle axes support the modification. The following table contains the level requirements to add gems to weapons and enchant:

tablere7.png

In order to modify a weapon with a gem, you must have a hammer, chisel, the cut gem, and the weapon in your inventory. Use the hammer on the gem and it will ask how many weapon pommels you wish to make (1, 5, 10, all). You get one pommel per gem. Once you acquire a pommel, take it and the weapon to a furnace and use the weapon on the furnace to attach it. Every kind of weapon pommel adds +5 slash and +2 strength.

The enchantments are as follows:

Sapphire: Icy Touch: There is a chance that upon striking an opponent, the blade will emit an icy aura, freezing your opponent to the ground for 5 seconds.

Emerald: Blight: When striking an opponent, there is a chance that the opponent will forfeit 15% strength and defense. The effect can only be used once on any one enemy.

Opal: Chain Lightning: There is a chance that upon striking an opponent, a deadly lightning bolt capable of dealing up to 20 damage will be unleashed from the tip of your blade, traveling through up to 9 NPCS within a 4x4 radius. The effect just strikes your current target if you are not in a multi-combat area.

Red Topaz: Aura of Zamorak: There is a chance that upon impact, you will siphon the opponentÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s prayer based on 25% of the damage inflicted. Therefore, if you hit a 30, you will steal 7 prayer points from your enemy. *ONLY WORKS ON OTHER PLAYERS*

Ruby: Bloodletting: Special attacks deal 30% increased damage at the cost of 10 HP per use. Does not work if you cannot spare the HP.

Diamond: Phoenix's Gift: When your HP drops below 30%, you heal 33% of the damage inflicted with every strike. Therefore, if you hit a 30, you would gain 10 HP.

Dragonstone: Curse: Chance of negating the usage of combat protection prayers for 20 seconds. *ONLY WORKS ON OTHER PLAYERS*

Onyx: Flames of Rage: When the special activates, it deals damage equivalent to the difference between your maximum and current HP, divided by 2. Therefore, if you have 99 HP and are currently at 30 HP and the special activates, the opponent will be hit for 34 damage.

**Credit to Sithlord Man for the inspiration for this idea**

td2sig.jpg

Always +10 stab? Why not variable based on weapon. I don't care about stab on my dragon battle axe.

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

Onyx: Flames of Rage: When the special activates, it deals damage equivalent to the difference between your maximum and current HP. You must have at least 40 HP remaining in order for the special to activate.

overpowered pl0x...

got 40/99 hp = hitting 59s

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I definitely like the idea, but are these weapon tips or weapon pommels?

Clarification:

Metal weapons do not have gems as their tips because that can weaken the overall strength of the weapon. Instead, many medieval weapons have pommel stones set in the handle. Some decorative weapons may be encrusted with gems, but these are not meant for combat use.

Enchantable pommel stones on all types of swords would be a really good addition to the game.

weapon tips could work with spears similar to the way crossbow bolts can have gem tips. :-k

A couple suggestions:

The opal enchantment should probably be a 3x3 square (9 boxes) instead of 9x9 (81 boxes)

I think you should change the diamond enchantment effect... most of the affected weapons don't have special attacks. Maybe you steal hitpoints?

I agree with jwrm22 that the Onyx is way overpowered.

Overall good suggestions!

How in the world can you say the onyx stone hilt is overpowered? You need 90 crafting, 95 smithing, and at least 40 hp. Key word here is that these are UNTRADEABLE, meaning unless you have someone that trains smithing, crafting, and has a high lv HP, it is certonly not overpowered. He also changed it for better i think... :)

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Yeah, even for the requirements, it was a bit overpowered. Now, I removed the HP limit and divided the damage by half. Still, if you allow yourself to get to 1 HP, it can hit up to a 49, which is pretty powerful. You also have to take into account that it'd probably occur as often as the D stone bolt special, so it wouldn't be a guaranteed or even common effect.

td2sig.jpg

Onyx: Flames of Rage: When the special activates, it deals damage equivalent to the difference between your maximum and current HP. You must have at least 40 HP remaining in order for the special to activate.

overpowered pl0x...

got 40/99 hp = hitting 59s

Yep...

Pasty.png