Ring of wealth?

cool_chica88

Hi just a quick question...

I've been playing runescape a while now, and recently purchased a ring of wealth. I then killed nearly 200 133 monsters in the Tzhaar Caves. The result was a couple of uncut gems and some Tokkul. My help questions are...

1) am I just extremely unlucky?

2) or did I waste my money buying a ring of wealth? (maybe it's just a placebo effect lol)

I was wondering if others found the same thing? Or if I should just keep fighting with it? Thanks so much!

the drop rate for a tzhaar item from them are normally 250-300 , so -20% = 50-60 less monsters, so you'd need to kill about 200-240 tzhaar for a drop...

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

There is a curious thing about Rings Of Wealth, they give 20% more chances to get a rare drop from a monster, people says that Dragon chain, and obby stuff are no rare drops, so ring of wealth doesn't work with these, this is just a rumor by the way

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

Believe it or not, when I got 3 d spears and a d med I wasn't wearing a ring of wealth. I haven't worn that useless piece of junk for a year, I still stick to my ring of life, you never know when you might need to be saved ::' . But I'd say a ring that may save your stuff is better than a ring that hasn't done anything to help me. The ring of life at least saved me once... :roll:

4_shot_plox.png

85 Mining - 85 Smithing - 85 Slayer

I sent a query through CS, and this is what i got:

Mod Zach

Dear Qazadex,

Thank you for contacting Jagex.

We do not say how much you can increase your chances of drops however I can tall you this will increase drops of anything that is not a 100% drop. This will also not help with clue scroll or barrows drops.

Hope this answers your query.

Don't forget to use the RuneScape Knowledge Base to find the answer to your queries quicker.

You can also find help on all free player and all new member quests through the QuestHelp system.

Yours Sincerely

Mod Zach

31-May-2007 05:10

So according to CS, ring of wealth increases Everything thats not a 100% drop.

newbankofrsyq0.gif

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

dragonmguthan,Qazadex.gif

grammar2gr8dx.png

I swear everytime i go to a F2p world (i'm a member) some noob randomly trades me full iron or somin then he keeps tradin me. Most of runescape's population is a combined IQ of 20 #-o.

oh darn, it sounds like it IS a usless piece of crap

ok, let say the chance of getting useless item A is 80% and the chance of urber rare item B is 0.0007%

if you increase both chance by 20%, you get more chance of getting useless item A!

It increases everything that isn't dropped 100%.........

So like gems and obby capes it makes gems more likely to get now.......

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

so the ring of wealth does nothing

if the chances of getting all items is increased then doesnt the probability stay the same ?

not really, if you do the maths, you will actually get more "common" itmes...

it actually worsen off...

Think of a monster. This monster might have 100% drops, such as bones. Obviousely you can't increase the probability of a 100% drop.

This monster might also have other drops, in addition to the 100% drop. Say the probability of getting a non-100% drop are x%. The probability of getting a specific item dropped by this monster are then fractions of x%.

So, enlarging x, what the ring of wealth seems to do, enlarges the chance of getting any non-100% drop. The probability of getting worthless items increases, and the probability of getting expensive items increases too. The probability of getting nothing (or only the 100% drop) decreases, such that the sum of all probabilities remains one.

It saddens me to see such mis-understandings of elementary probability theory.

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

So, enlarging x, what the ring of wealth seems to do, enlarges the chance of getting any non-100% drop. The probability of getting worthless items increases, and the probability of getting expensive items increases too. The probability of getting nothing (or only the 100% drop) decreases, such that the sum of all probabilities remains one.

it is not elementary at all!

first of all, you have 2 probability, get an item or no item...

next is, if you get an non 100%, you can only get 1 item (except clue and visage, those stuff of cause)

it is like an unfair coin, you can either get rare item or common item, you cannot get both at a drop

now what the ring actually does?

it increase the probability of "get an item" or reduce the probability of "dont get an item"... like what you say

in this case, there is no difference really, as you rarely get no non-100% drop

or

it increase the probability of non-100% item A, B, C, D, rare item E

in this case, the increase probability of getting worthless item is the probability of getting it, the increase of other probability will not affect it, as it is discrete... why? because you cannot get a double drop!

And as it is discrete, the probability of A+B+C+D+E is NOT neccsary equals to 1!

(pufft, thats actual reason why you get no item sometimes...)

in this case, your model did not fit here...

think deeply...

next is, if you get an non 100%, you can only get 1 item (except clue and visage, those stuff of cause)

it is like an unfair coin, you can either get rare item or common item, you cannot get both at a drop

it increase the probability of "get an item" or reduce the probability of "dont get an item"... like what you say

or

in this case, the increase probability of getting worthless item is the probability of getting it, the increase of other probability will not affect it, as it is discrete... why? because you cannot get a double drop!

And as it is discrete, the probability of A+B+C+D+E is NOT neccsary equals to 1!

think deeply...

Assume :

Probability of getting a gem = 0.3

Probability of getting a visage = 0.1

Total probability of getting a non-100% drop = 0.3+0.1 = 0.4

With ring of wealth :

Probability of getting a gem = a*0.3

Probability of getting a visage = a*0.1

Total probability of getting a non-100% drop = a*0.3+a*0.1 = a*0.4

with a>1

The probability of obtaining gems increases, and the probability of obtaining a visage increases also.

You think in terms of "you ether get something valueable or something worthless". The point is that the probability of getting something valueable and the probability of getting something worthless need not add up to 1. Hence, the probability of getting something valueable and the probability of getting something worthless need not be inversely correlated. And indeed, they aren't, if we are to believe JagEx.

Now, I will say no more on this matter, I have too much experience with people who stubbornly keep denying results of probability theory, even when these results are demonstrated in real life.

"Noob" is an insult. "Noob" is overused. Be polite. Try to say "noob" less than once a day.

Thank you.

i think your unlucky casue i get 3 drops an hour usually a maul, dag, and sword.

i'm getting supicios about something.. i ten to get better drops where non bulky armor like d hide ,, but with full rune i only get a drop every other hour or so. anyone else get the same result?

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

oh darn, it sounds like it IS a usless piece of crap

ok, let say the chance of getting useless item A is 80% and the chance of urber rare item B is 0.0007%

if you increase both chance by 20%, you get more chance of getting useless item A!

I wouldn't sya it worked like that. It'd mean that it's more probable that you'll get an item at all, ths increasing the chance of a rare drop, but only slightly.

I'd say (it's just an idea) it'd work like this:

If before you had 20% chance of getting a gem, 5% chance of getting a dragon chain, and 78% of getting nothing (for example), now (with the ring) you'll have a 24% of getting a gem, 6% of a dchain and 70% of getting nothing.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Ring of wealth will help you to a small degree, point made case closed. The methods of determining drops with a ring of wealth have been disclosed by jagex and they are and have been posted on recent threads.

A "wheel" spins so to say that has all the drops on it and a spot for rare drops. If it lands on the rare drop slot, then that's when your ring of wealth kicks in to give you a better chance of getting the best drop of those.

Whatever armor you wear will not affect your drop, nor will anything else. It has been questioned though that when the wheel lands on the "rare" spot, then what exactly jagex considers a rare drop. That seems to be the debate at the time.

Problem is Kid A comes in and says he killed Kalphite Queen and got a chain in 20 kills without the ring on then says he hasn't gotten any with the ring on. There is no logic behind their claims because they are only making assumptions about what worked best for them when they just got lucky.

The ring of wealth only gives you a slightly better chance of better rare drops and the difference is very small that it shouldn't spark so much of a debate, but the same goes with other games such as Diablo II where everybody thought that having too much of a magicfind bonus penalized you.

In all honesty you probably won't notice much of a difference with or without the ring on, and I wish a thread would get stickied explaining this or where a central discussion on the topic could be contained but I'm not about to go start one because again the increase in chance is so minute while wearing a ring that I don't really understand the cause to this entire debacle.

So many people will go around stating things as fact that in reality is just perception on their end. I read an interesting post today where someone was saying a dragon chain was not a rare drop because it was listed under Armor and not Misc.

Well to burst his bubble that's just the organization of listing drops and not how things work, but hey he said it was law so it must be right? Just keep in the back of your mind a 20% chance on a .01 or less drop is not much and won't make or break you either way.

Hours Available (EST|GMT-5) Mon-Fri: 7-11pm | Sat-Sun: Throughout the day

st+tyrael.png

Well, for one thing, you're fighting the 133's, the Tzhaar-Xils. There's your problem. Their only obby drop is the cape (and mabey rings?). I had this same problem when I first started training in there, because I was afraid of the 149's, the Tzhaar-Kets. My multi-millionaire friend told me that he had made most of his cash from Tzhaar-Ket obby drops, and that the Xils aren't much more than a waste of time. The Kets are the only ones who drop mauls and shields, and they have a higher drop rate of capes than the Xils. Which brings us to the highly-debated issue on the Ring of Wealth...

I started killing these guys with a Ring of Life on, and after 300 kills, without a single obby drop or a single near-death-experience, I decided to keep trying with a ring of wealth. I probably killed 50 before I got my first obby drop, a maul, and in the 1500 or so Tzhaar-Kets that followed, I racked in 2 more mauls, 2 capes, and 2 shields. In fact, the last thing I did on that account before I was banned without warning, was to kill one more Ket, which gave me an obby shield (worth 500k back then) and 91 cb. logged in the next day, and I was banned.

If you're not sure you're ready for these guys, look at your cb stats and armor. I started around 85 cb, with full rune and a dscimmy. I ate 2 or 3 lobsters per kill. At 90, I was in Torags with my dscimmy, eating 1 or 2 tuna per kill. If you pick a fight with one and you have to run away from the second or third Ket, I'd suggest training a bit before trying to get drops from these guys.

JamesBlond09: banned, 7-14-07

mysiggy.jpg

ring of wealth does help but i think that runescape nerfed the monsters in 2007 becuase in 2006 i wuld get a tzharr wep every ~100 kills and now ive killed 500 with no wep

as in no wep i mean no tzharr wep, i do use my own wep to kill em -.-

m_x_mouse.png

after using ring of wealth to get from 78 to 88 combat killing lvl 133 thzarr and 149 thzarr ppl i had 5m from drops b4 i was hacked meeleing.... now i range and today alone ive gotten 1 shield, 3 mauls, a cape, and 5 swords and only gained 2 ranged lvls almost 3. id defenitaly use row

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

[hide]

or

think deeply...

Assume :

Probability of getting a gem = 0.3

Probability of getting a visage = 0.1

Total probability of getting a non-100% drop = 0.3+0.1 = 0.4

With ring of wealth :

Probability of getting a gem = a*0.3

Probability of getting a visage = a*0.1

Total probability of getting a non-100% drop = a*0.3+a*0.1 = a*0.4

with a>1

The probability of obtaining gems increases, and the probability of obtaining a visage increases also.

You think in terms of "you ether get something valueable or something worthless". The point is that the probability of getting something valueable and the probability of getting something worthless need not add up to 1. Hence, the probability of getting something valueable and the probability of getting something worthless need not be inversely correlated. And indeed, they aren't, if we are to believe JagEx.

Now, I will say no more on this matter, I have too much experience with people who stubbornly keep denying results of probability theory, even when these results are demonstrated in real life.

[/hide]

i think you are slightly confused...

because the matter is NOT n terms of "you ether get something valueable or something worthless". the real problem is: you can only get 1 item...

therefore those 2 probability is linked, rather then independent...

BUT, visage is another thing, because you get the visage AND the drop...