Any use for the new potions?

cardovilian

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I make an effort, I can find uses for the new potions. But really, they are NOT that great.

Think about it. They combine potions with food. The only time you really need that is fighting something where you need to maximize inventory -- but you can't do that here because the potions are 2 dose.

So you get a tiny benefit of a few HP for a LOT of time spent getting caviar.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The Prayer Mix can either make or break your barrows trip. Restoring 7-34 health is A LOT! So it could mean the differnece from nailing Karil, or having Karil put you in your grace.

TBH I'd rather just bring a 4 dose and an extra piece of food :thumbsup:

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

The Prayer Mix can either make or break your barrows trip. Restoring 7-34 health is A LOT! So it could mean the differnece from nailing Karil, or having Karil put you in your grace.

TBH I'd rather just bring a 4 dose and an extra piece of food :thumbsup:

The potions doesn't restore that much health, it only restores that much prayer... being that same amout of prayer you would normally have restored from a prayer potion. The mixes only heal 3 in the case of roe and 6 in the case of caviar.

Caldius.png

After some experimentation, I now use these potions to fight mith dragons. Used properly they can be helpful.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

If you've got karil in the tunnels at the barrows you are probably going to only need 2 doses of prayer potion so it doesn't matter that they are only 2 dose, also with the new pots you can use them to heal the damage you take in the tunnels.

klaus703.png

Barrows drops: 27 - 2 Spears

Dragon drops: 6