Any use for the new potions?

cardovilian

Any use for the new potions?

No.

This basically sums it up.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would use them zammorack pots since those pots reduce hp, this would counteract that abit.

I use zammorack pots on slayer since getting limps and kwuarm is a pain for me and I can never keep up with my needs.

If I had the level I would do it now. (85 for hardest skill in the game... geez..) :wall:

The best bet for widespread use is putting the fish stuff in the super energy pots.

Agility trainers could make use of it.

A whole inventory full of 2 doses could get you by in alot of courses.

Also, rcers who use energy pots could save a little time by just chucking them at the bank instead of regulars + food when needed.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Well, when i trained my thieving at pyramid plunder,i usually used 2 antidote(++) doses before banking (i banked all gold artefacts 8-) ) so i belive you could use them for this :| . Too bad that almost everybody uses magic roots to make nature amulets :|. I just don't feel like selling them so i make antidotes.

You guys are too quick to criticize.

The mixes are useful when the extra 3rd/4th doses aren't useful. Some examples: PKing (you can just bank when you run out of pots), Tzhaar Fight Pits (I usually don't use more than 1-2 doses per round)

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

its only usefull for thinkgs like kq! cuz youll only need 2 doses super set... but then... does 20hp realy matters?

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

You guys are too quick to criticize.

The mixes are useful when the extra 3rd/4th doses aren't useful. Some examples: PKing (you can just bank when you run out of pots), Tzhaar Fight Pits (I usually don't use more than 1-2 doses per round)

When i pk, im usually hovering around 80 hp at the start due to the recent fights, when you pot, you can be at higher hp. since you only use 1-2 doses of a super set when fighting (im talking about potting mid fight, it can win the fight for your, or make you loose) this could be used for some nice bonus hp, which can save you.

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Im beginning to wonder wether the term 'fishized' is going to be coined and I'm going to see it a lot in the future. :)

Anyway, I agree that these are only really useful in situations where you will only need a one-off boost. A good use would be in a quest boss fight. Or perhaps any kind of boss monster. If I'm poisoned in a fight and I need to keep healing, then a antipoison or extra strong antipoison (sadly and rather confusingly, the super strong antipoison can't be fishized) mix would possibly help.

I wonder why not all of the consumable potions can be fishized? I mean, if you are a master herblorist, I would expect you to be able to produce powerful potions like a saradomin mix. Isn't it kinda one sided that a zamorak mix is avaliable and a saradomin is not? :?

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Well, they do give pretty good herby exp, and the ingredients are easy to get, so I see this as being a great way to get quick herby exp (especially for throwaway pots).

Dont even throw them away, just sell them to some noob that hasent read this thread... :D

Pasty.png

I'll dump them inside the regular attack/strength potions, then empty the vials (I never seem to have enough vials...). Those things just waste space in my bank anyway, so why not?

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

I agree with the posts here...from a combat stand point these new potions offer little.....

However, if you are trying to raise herblore, it would seem like adding fish eggs would be a cheap and easy to get a lot of herblore xp.......but i dont have any extra bank space atm to try this... :S

Yes but your gonna ruin a helluva lot of valuable potions in the process. I like to sell my excess Supersets, Prayers etc. to pay for my secondaries. You wont be seeing me dumping fish fertiliser in mine!

You dont have to do it on the most valuable ones...but i'v got a ton of fishing, and low level pots i've never used anyways.... :-w

Exactly, and seeing as the new barbarian fishing area is going to be where the powerfishers fish at from now on (more experience), you could always fish until you have a full load of leaping salmon and sturgeon and then run back and deposit in the box at the Barbarian Outpost.

After fishing for a while that is going to accumulate fast. Put a knife to those fish to collect the eggs, then find a cheap place to buy potions. Hell I guess even getting the potions at the warriors guild would work. Add in the fish eggs, and you get agility, strength, fishing, AND herblore experience from power leveling.

Sounds good to me. I'm not complaining.

Hours Available (EST|GMT-5) Mon-Fri: 7-11pm | Sat-Sun: Throughout the day

st+tyrael.png

Hell I guess even getting the potions at the warriors guild would work.

I wonder if 2 mixes sell for more then a normal potion

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

How do you get these fish eggs? Is there a fishing lvl required?

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

Here's a good use for fishized potions. Combat potions are cheap and good for combat training. By making them into a mix, they can be used as food. Also, this way, you will be constantly potted up to the max attack and str level, so it's better than using super sets in the long run.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

i'd say the anti-poison mixes culd be handy

not as an alternative to food

But agaisnt npcs that can poison you u'd recover some/all the poison damage while curing it

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I know a use \' .

Have you never just ran into Edgeville wild with One item , no food and a beautiful thing called Protect item?

Normally if you actually want to kill some un-suspecting person or someone who just killed someone (Pj'ing isn't a crime, it's a possibile thing that can be done in the wilderness) you bring along another beautiful thing, Named Super Potions :thumbsup: .

Now say your using a Granite Maul, you hit them down to about 2/3 or 1/2 health, Then un-load the SPECS! and watch those huge White numbers grow. But what about those times where they safe up or kill you so fast you Can't even Get them half health D:. Then you have this 3-6 extra health.

Now 3-6 health isn't much, But how many times have YOU been down to just 1 health? those few times where you yell in your room "Oh-my-*covers little kid's ears*-God!! i almost lost my best Black Longsword!!!!!"

That is just 1 health from dying, now this makes you 3-6 health from dying.

And another use on the same subject, you don't want to bring a Full Potion (3-4 dose) into the Wilderness if you intend on having a high-chance of Dying!, no you don't!

This is a way to make a 4dose, into two different potions <3: . Ok if your not going to be able to sell it to people, Why would i sell something i bought to Use in the first place ::'

Now you people that think it's a waste of Jagex's Code-ing abilities, and that they could of instead made Otto teach you the art of making Barrow weapons, but i personally have thought of some possitive things xD

And all though these ideas are sort of useless and will only apply to 1 in 1,000 people.... This is an example that can be played with and moulded into a new "idea" that you like and will use in the weeks to come that you will play (as jagex will make something that you lot will think is EVEN worse than this, resulting in you quiting.)

Luv from Aussy321,

Ttyl if you know me

penguinesigrq6.png

No I don't think there's any situation where you would need these new potions. They seem like another of Jagex's dud updates to me.

The Hasta's are hawt thou so it isnt a complete dud update...But the Full helm is indeed one of jagex's biggest failures.

~SirAram

"My Weapon is my faith. Even I die, my faith shall never fall before the enemy"

POP-Signature-v23.gif

you guys seem to forget that it's not only that you heal a little per pot, you also get a better bonus... and when it stands that you can a 7-35 boost in prayer, that doesn't mean that you've got a random chance of getting a number between that, but that it gets so or so high based on your prayer level.

so a possible use for these pots can be solo kqing? if you drink your pots before running to her. practically, all bank healing would help a lot.

Scherzo.png

you guys seem to forget that it's not only that you heal a little per pot, you also get a better bonus... and when it stands that you can a 7-35 boost in prayer, that doesn't mean that you've got a random chance of getting a number between that, but that it gets so or so high based on your prayer level.

so a possible use for these pots can be solo kqing? if you drink your pots before running to her. practically, all bank healing would help a lot.

Actually, there is no bonus. The effects are identical (except the HP restore part).

roe heals 3 and caviar heals 6! :P so 2x prayerpot mix is better then 1 prayerpot and 1 shark...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

its so amazing how people pawned this off as a bad update...

oh okay, keep thinking that and when you get to the dag king lair tell me you wouldnt mind healing occasionally while sipping on a super restore...

or hey, how bout oh i got hit for like a 5 when my antifire pot wore off @ iron dragons... itd be nice to restore to full hp, or if they hits ring in from the entrance..

oh, and the zammy brew... yea, now it has the ability to not deal 10 damage automatically?

anti poisons as well... your telling me when your poisoned you wouldnt mind a few extra hp? you know when i escaping some place i tend to want to have a few hp for if i get hit as i tell out.

oh man, also prayer pots @ barrows if you get hurt... you could heal a few.

Here are the most common situations where you use pots:

1. Super potting while training combat/ Slayer

95% of the time you will be using guthans to heal. But what if it's a slayer task where you can't use Guthans? You bring Food or b2p. Why no special pots? Because if you have to repot at the same time you are down some hp the healing effect isn't big enough to matter (18 if you use all 3 pots). I am only 107, but I get few tasks where I only need to repot twice, so you will lose an extra 3 inventory spots. And on large gargoyle tasks perhaps even 6 additional spots.

2. Dagannoth kings

1 sara brew (4): 60hp

1 super restore potion (2) with eggs: 12hp

You just made your trip last 40% shorter.

3. Barrows

The brothers attack with only 1 style of combat, so I don't see why you would want to heal after killing one. I would also much rather have a ppot (4) than a (2) one.

4. Metal dragons

When your anti-firebreath potion runs out you often get a couple of hits because you aren't paying attention. So the healing effect helps here. I could actually see myself bringing those there. Oh wait, 6hp is nothing and you just divided your camping time by 2.

5. Rc

2 doses of super energy pots is not enough to gain energy, and I don't get hit by the Abyss creatures that often.

6. Agility

They may have some use here! You can use super energy pots to both heal AND restore the hp you lost. But you can't use them until you reach 70 because you'll just get pked with them in the wildy course. And from 73-5 you don't fail enough to make them useful. So you can get ~250k xp with these babies at Ape Atoll without worrying about food. Did I mention that you need more than half an inventory of pots to get that amount of xp?

These are all the situations I can think of, if someone can give me a use don't hesitate to post!

EDIT: Jessy, are you aware that the pots have a maximum dosage of 2?

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.