whats the UK like?

RSBDavid

Well for one they can't even win the sports which they established, particularly against dominant sporting countries such as Australia. :P
We are crap at most sports. Some we are good at, Badminton, Rowing, long distant running, boxing, Equestrian.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

take earmuffs, dude, seriously. I took a trip to London, the British accents almost drove me insane.

That's how English words sound, when pronounced properly.

OT: The UK is great, just make sure you don't sound cocky and you'll be fine.

A friend to all is a friend to none.

There is no such thing as a British accent, we all speak different even only a few hundred miles apart.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

England is great. The people however, are not.
Mmm I always thought thats what people said about America/Americans.

Not all of us are jackasses. :roll: You know you don't have to post something negative in posts?

Well I'm hoping to visit England when I'm older, looks fun. :)

England is crap, absolutely terrible, but of course this depends on where you live. If you live in the city, as in the actual CBD then it's fantastic as in any place you live. But if you live in the suburbs on the outskirts of a city then you're in for a horrible shock. Be sure to learn the most common type of person you will meet in England CHAV. People who find smashing bus shelters, robbing old people and wanting to be black entertainment.

The weather is [bleep]ing horrible, it's rained here in Manchester everyday for 6 weeks non-stop. And i mean EVERYDAY even when a slight bit of sunshine is visible, later that day it's rained. The sky is always grey, the shoddy housing and dirty streets are here there and everywhere. No town escapes it these days. The education is terrible, the government is backwards and the immagration is absolutely disgusting. Racism is the biggest thing you will come accross in England.

It's a craphole, a downwards slide into destruction, and the only reason other countries think different is because our own government turns a blind eye to how bad things have got in this country.

Anyways, welcome to a very depressing country.

England is crap, absolutely terrible, but of course this depends on where you live. If you live in the city, as in the actual CBD then it's fantastic as in any place you live. But if you live in the suburbs on the outskirts of a city then you're in for a horrible shock. Be sure to learn the most common type of person you will meet in England CHAV. People who find smashing bus shelters, robbing old people and wanting to be black entertainment.

The weather is [bleep] horrible, it's rained here in Manchester everyday for 6 weeks non-stop. And i mean EVERYDAY even when a slight bit of sunshine is visible, later that day it's rained. The sky is always grey, the shoddy housing and dirty streets are here there and everywhere. No town escapes it these days. The education is terrible, the government is backwards and the immagration is absolutely disgusting. Racism is the biggest thing you will come accross in England.

It's a craphole, a downwards slide into destruction, and the only reason other countries think different is because our own government turns a blind eye to how bad things have got in this country.

Anyways, welcome to a very depressing country.

Put down the Daily Mail and walk away slowly! :shock:

Seriously though, everything you have said is pretty much the opposite of what I would say about England. Out of interest, have you ever lived abroad?

Capone Sabre since April 2001.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

Come to Berkshire, Thats where I live, The Royal county ...Posh people only please

Youve just missed the ascot races though :(

Also Tune into Channel 4 6.30.....Hollyoaks...Urll Love it!

I used to live in South Africa for the first 8 years of my life, until we moved back to England. Unfortunately <.<

Seriously? Because I know a lot of people from South Africa. They all say it's hell on earth and they'd rather be on death row than go back. There are about 50 gun deaths per year in the UK and about 20,000 in South Africa. And you're complaining about crime in this country? :?

Even people I know from Zimbabwe say they are afraid when they go to South Africa.

99 Attack, Defence, Strength and Hitpoints Achieved January 2005. When it still meant something.

Capone_Sabre.png

I know people who are afraid to go to places in England, a country which is supposed to be safe, democratic and one of the best countries in the world. Pfft, ye right.

South Africa is a terrible place, but the difference is that it's poor, dieseased and in a desperate state. Murders happened outside my Junior School over there. That's just one example of how bad things are there. But it cannot be helped because of the state the country's currently in. England however, one of the richest nations in the world, has the ability to sort itself out yet we don't, therefore it's worse than South Africa, the government is too busy trying to solve other countries problems rather than our own.

I know people who are afraid to go to places in England, a country which is supposed to be safe, democratic and one of the best countries in the world. Pfft, ye right.

South Africa is a terrible place, but the difference is that it's poor, dieseased and in a desperate state. Murders happened outside my Junior School over there. That's just one example of how bad things are there. But it cannot be helped because of the state the country's currently in. England however, one of the richester nations in the world, has the ability to sort itself out yet we don't, therefore it's worse than South Africa, the government is too busy trying to solve other countries problems rather than our own.

There's only one major thing I don't like about the UK and that is that we have the worst media in the world. And to be honest, it looks like you're heavily influenced by it.

Did you know crime rates are falling year on year? You wouldn't think so from our media. There are only 50 gun deaths, an incredibly low amount compared to other first world nations. Crime rates are no higher here than most places in Europe.

Our education system is pretty good. I had a fantastic state education. I would like to know what proof you have that it's worse than other Western Nations?

As for the weather, it's no different to the rest of Northern Europe. You'd have to go to the med or to a different continent for significantly hotter weather. I was in Indonesia when the tsunami hit (fortunately, on the east side of Java). We don't have those here, or volcanoes, or significant earthquakes, or hurricanes. A bit of drizzel really isn't the end of the world, it's not like it ever properly rains here anyway.

You're the first person I've ever spoken to who doesn't think England is the most tolerant and non racist country they've ever been to by the way.

People have been saying England has been going downhill and is on the brink of moral bankrupcy for at least the last 500 years so that is nothing new. We are also the 4th richest country in the world.

I've lived in quite a few countries and one thing I have learned is that everyone complains about their own country, no matter how good they've got it.

Capone_Sabre.png

There's only one major thing I don't like about the UK and that is that we have the worst media in the world. And to be honest, it looks like you're heavily influenced by it.

Did you know crime rates are falling year on year? You wouldn't think so from our media. There are only 50 gun deaths, an incredibly low amount compared to other first world nations. Crime rates are no higher here than most places in Europe.

Our education system is pretty good. I had a fantastic state education. I would like to know what proof you have that it's worse than other Western Nations?

As for the weather, it's no different to the rest of Northern Europe. You'd have to go to the med or to a different continent for significantly hotter weather. I was in Indonesia when the tsunami hit (fortunately, on the east side of Java). We don't have those here, or volcanoes, or significant earthquakes, or hurricanes. A bit of drizzel really isn't the end of the world, it's not like it ever properly rains here anyway.

You're the first person I've ever spoken to who doesn't think England is the most tolerant and non racist country they've ever been to by the way.

People have been saying England has been going downhill and is on the brink of moral bankrupcy for at least the last 500 years so that is nothing new. We are also the 4th richest country in the world.

I've lived in quite a few countries and one thing I have learned is that everyone complains about their own country, no matter how good they've got it.

I don't tend to read the Daily Mail as you accused, or even watch the news. I'm influenced by what i hear and about what I've seen, which very rarely gets talked about in the news. Maybe a lot of Brits don't die by guns, but how come we have the worst reputation for football fans in the world? The thugs that go to matches just to [bleep] the other supporters? Just because they don't die doesn't mean that Britains crimes are lowering... The mobbish mentality of the population is increasing.

As I said before I grew up for 8 years in South Africa, I got to year 3 teaching over there, and it's the best education you can imagine! I went to a regular school over there, no grammar, boarding or anything different; the difference is that everyone wanted to learn. An education in a 3rd world county is like gold! How can a country as downhill as South Africa have a much better education system than England? Parents! The first thing i noticed over here was the change in parenting. I was eight years old and going to school I saw almost every kid walking to school without their parent. Now I know the safety of a lonesome child is 100% better over here but still the support from a parent on a child's education is phenomenal! I slackened off over here. Played football with friends everyday after school mainly cos we got no homework and any we did get meant less work for the teacher if we didn't do it so they didn't complain. Kids in England just don't care about education and what makes it worse is that their parents don't either.

The reason that I think England is by far one of the racist countries in the world is because I do it and see it everyday. I'm not a saint. I've ridiculed immagrants before and I will do it again. But seeing the racism in South Africa and over here, they're very similar. I live in a town in Manchester which I'm sure you know is the most immagrant filled city in England and the racist battles between white and asian is crazy. "Asians" (a term I despise more than the queen but i won't say what i think as this isn't the place) threw bricks over our school gates when i was 9ish. Grown men! Throwing bricks at us white kids just because of racism they experienced? Cowardly? Hell yes.

As for the weather, don't deny it doesn't annoy you. We may not have extreme conditions but surely they would add a bit more excitement to the climate instead of 220 days of rain a year.

I don't tend to read the Daily Mail as you accused, or even watch the news. I'm influenced by what i hear and about what I've seen, which very rarely gets talked about in the news. Maybe a lot of Brits don't die by guns, but how come we have the worst reputation for football fans in the world? The thugs that go to matches just to [bleep] the other supporters? Just because they don't die doesn't mean that Britains crimes are lowering... The mobbish mentality of the population is increasing.

You've got to be kidding me. Football hooliganism was a HUGE problem in the 70s/80s that has been stamped out, there is almost never violence now when it used to happen on a weekly basis back then. How on earth can you say it's getting worse?? I have been to football matches every week for 9 of the last 16 years and have never even SEEN violence. If you want to see football hooligans, you'll have to go to Italy. They killed a policeman a few months ago.

As I said before I grew up for 8 years in South Africa, I got to year 3 teaching over there, and it's the best education you can imagine! I went to a regular school over there, no grammar, boarding or anything different; the difference is that everyone wanted to learn. An education in a 3rd world county is like gold! How can a country as downhill as South Africa have a much better education system than England? Parents! The first thing i noticed over here was the change in parenting. I was eight years old and going to school I saw almost every kid walking to school without their parent. Now I know the safety of a lonesome child is 100% better over here but still the support from a parent on a child's education is phenomenal! I slackened off over here. Played football with friends everyday after school mainly cos we got no homework and any we did get meant less work for the teacher if we didn't do it so they didn't complain. Kids in England just don't care about education and what makes it worse is that their parents don't either.

Right. So that's why every year my school raised ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3,000,000 from the parents from fund raisers and hundreds and hundreds of parents were involved in school and local events? It's because British parents don't care about their kids education. Ok.

The reason that I think England is by far one of the racist countries in the world is because I do it and see it everyday. I'm not a saint. I've ridiculed immagrants before and I will do it again. But seeing the racism in South Africa and over here, they're very similar. I live in a town in Manchester which I'm sure you know is the most immagrant filled city in England and the racist battles between white and asian is crazy. "Asians" (a term I despise more than the queen but i won't say what i think as this isn't the place) threw bricks over our school gates when i was 9ish. Grown men! Throwing bricks at us white kids just because of racism they experienced? Cowardly? Hell yes.

Just because some parts of the north west have problems doesn't mean that Britian is a racist society. If you said every country in the world was racist because immigrants cause inner tensions, you would be accusing every country of being racist. Every country in Europe has these problems because of mass immigration, how exactly are we "one of the most racist countries in the world"?

There is a lot more to the UK than Manchester. You should get out of there more and see the rest of the country. You talk like everyone lives in cities.

As for the weather, don't deny it doesn't annoy you. We may not have extreme conditions but surely they would add a bit more excitement to the climate instead of 220 days of rain a year.

Indonesia has worse floods than we have EVER had in this country every day for 3 months during the wet season. I am not exaggerating. 200,000 people died in the tsunami in the Indian Ocean. Do I care about a bit of drizzle? No.

It doesn't even get cold here..

Capone_Sabre.png

Somerset ftw. Manchester ftl

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

You are clearly the type of Brits I am talking about. Turns a blind eye to everything.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3,000,000?! Get real. That is nowhere near a typical school. You have got to be joking if you consider that a typical english school. And just because what I'm basing my agruments on happen in Manchester doesn't mean the country is different. What I'm saying happens to the everyday person. The working class. The majority! Any 16 year old who has actually taken a trip outside to the real streets of England will have been offered drugs, [bleep]s, alcohol hell even guns if you're in Mosside or East London. And you think that's not what goes on? Then you aren't anything different. Every politician will use statistics that crime is going down, but it's not. I don't care if you show me hard facts, I've seen it. And if these things only happend in Manchester then you can do what most people do and seclude it. "Oh you haven't seen the rest of the country". Oh ok. That makes it alright. The fact that drugs and illegal weapons flood communties is ok because the rest of the country has nicer places. I'm sorry how blind and ignorant can i be? Get real. <.<

England is great. The people however, are not.
Mmm I always thought thats what people said about America/Americans.

Not all of us are jackasses. :roll: You know you don't have to post something negative in posts?

Well I'm hoping to visit England when I'm older, looks fun. :)

I like the way you only spoke to Merciful there, and not Lageris. :| I too think a large portion of Americans are idiots, and I'm damn glad I not one. Unfortunatly because USA influences other western cultures so much it means a lot of British&Europeans are becoming just like your average American.

_____

Anyway, don't say 'soccer' when you come here. Ever.

If you want to make some chavs laugh then make a joke about Wales (the country..) and sheep.

Few people care about the Queen, and the majority think the whole family should be abolished from royalty. Coffee is set to become more popular than tea with all the coffee shops opening.

We're probably the most arrogant nation when it comes to football, the vast majority of English people believe we're destined to win the World Cup again, and that we have a right to win every single match, but yet they can't understand that we don't win anything because we have crap players. I personally hope that England get knocked out of every single competition in the first round until people get it out of their heads that we 'should' win. -.-

Away from football.. London is really, really expensive. Travel alone will cost a ton, so make sure you buy something called an 'Oyster Card' (it's a top-up card for travel) if you plan on using the busses/tubes a lot.

This has been the worst 'summer' for a looong time in my mind, very little sunlight. I think it was hotter in April than it is now in July. <.<

Oh, and the accent may sound strange, but that's how words are actually meant to be pronounced (plain accent I mean). Americans don't seem to know.. anything when it comes to correct English.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

You are clearly the type of Brits I am talking about. Turns a blind eye to everything.

And you are the typical whinging child who is not even out of school yet and thinks he knows everything.

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã3,000,000?! Get real. That is nowhere near a typical school. You have got to be joking if you consider that a typical english school. And just because what I'm basing my agruments on happen in Manchester doesn't mean the country is different.

Know why I went to a good state school and why all the state schools round here are just as good? Because I was born in Warrington, and my parents had the good sense to move down south. :lol:

What I'm saying happens to the everyday person. The working class. The majority! Any 16 year old who has actually taken a trip outside to the real streets of England will have been offered drugs, [bleep]s, alcohol hell even guns if you're in Mosside or East London. And you think that's not what goes on? Then you aren't anything different.

Now you've stopped talking off the top of your head and are talking through the back of it. I've not even mentioned drugs. God, I was offered all those by age 13 let alone 16.

Every politician will use statistics that crime is going down, but it's not. I don't care if you show me hard facts, I've seen it.

Blame the politicans, the cry of the ignorant througout the ages. The police, who record crime, say it is going down.

And if these things only happend in Manchester then you can do what most people do and seclude it. "Oh you haven't seen the rest of the country". Oh ok. That makes it alright. The fact that drugs and illegal weapons flood communties is ok because the rest of the country has nicer places. I'm sorry how blind and ignorant can i be? Get real. <.<

You are making offencive and general statements about an ENTIRE COUNTRY based on 1 city that houses 1/60 of the population. That is what this entire argument is about. I can't believe you still don't see that.

You clearly know NOTHING about this country and an awful lot about Manchester (which I am not debating by the way, I know everything outside Manchester City Centre is a complete dump).

If you want to make anymore offencive statements about where you live can you please make them about Manchester, the place you actually know about and not my country? You don't realise this but 50% of people in this country live in villages or small towns, you are not the majority and what you say has no relevance to any place I have ever lived in the UK except Warrington.

I think we should leave this here, don't you?

Capone_Sabre.png

I never claimed to have that opinion myself and I certainly didndt generalise all americans as "jackasses". I was merely mentioning what I believe to be a fact that the saying was commonly used to refer to America in this country. "Love the country, hate the people" which is not just limited to America and can also be used in reference to France. I actually like America, and have been several times to New York, California, Nevada, Florida... I hope to go again perhaps next year. With the exception of some really rude southerners i met in Texas I dont think theres ever been an American i met in person that I didn't like.

And whats with this "dont you ever post anything positive" attitude towards me?... Did you forget to read all of my post?

Anyway... this is a topic about Britain. As for bbalking's posts. You cant honestly belive that Manchester is a good generalisation for Britain do you? Thats crazy, its basicly a London of the north. That's hardly a good example of British life.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Everything i said about Manchester, add Liverpool, Newcastle, Birmingham, East London, Sheffield, Sunderland and bunk the population of 1/60 up to around 15/60. Still think this country doesn't have a problem?

Everything i said about Manchester, add Liverpool, Newcastle, Birmingham, East London, Sheffield, Sunderland and bunk the population of 1/60 up to around 15/60. Still think this country doesn't have a problem?
Thats still only a quater of the population and only goes to show that your comments refer to large cities rather than where most people live in the country. You just busted your own argument.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Newcastle, Sunderland and Sheffield have nothing like the problems that Manchester has.

Do you really think that London, Birmingham, Liverpool and Manchester have more drug/race/violence problems that other large/capital cities in Europe? Because I have been to every single country in Europe and I can tell you, if you think that, you're spectacularly wrong.

Capone_Sabre.png

I never claimed to have that opinion myself and I certainly didndt generalise all americans as "jackasses". I was merely mentioning what I believe to be a fact that the saying was commonly used to refer to America in this country.
I was calling the kid who called English jerks a jackass.

But don't visit anywhere south of Virginia. Full of rednecks that will do anything. They're crazy.

Mercifull, that reply was not to you.

Capone. Since when did we move on to discussing the problems with other countries? I said in reply to you thinking that what I said about Manchester being a problem only affecting 1/60 of our population, and I said that these problems easily affect 15/60... nothing about the problems elsewhere. But again as I perviously said, this country wants to sort out problems in the EU and other worldwide problems before it looks within itself and actually does a good job of trying to improve our own problems.

Mercifull, that reply was not to you.

Capone. Since when did we move on to discussing the problems with other countries? I said in reply to you thinking that what I said about Manchester being a problem only affecting 1/60 of our population, and I said that these problems easily affect 15/60... nothing about the problems elsewhere. But again as I perviously said, this country wants to sort out problems in the EU and other worldwide problems before it looks within itself and actually does a good job of trying to improve our own problems.

Sigh. It's all the same point I have been trying to make you understand for so many posts now.

You said negative things about the entire country based on the large city you are in. You are NOT the majority in this country and you can not base your judgements on an ENTIRE country based on the city you live in.

The reason I mentioned other cities is because you think this is a solely British problem, which is evidenced by you constantly slating this country again and again. ALL large cities have problems like Manchester do. This is not a problem with Britain it is a problem with human nature. If you were older, you'd understand that.

Capone_Sabre.png

Beware of a substance called 'White Lightning', aka Drain Cleaner. It masquerades as alcohol.

Since you'll be in London, go to the British Museum. It won't tell you much about Britain until you wonder how the heck all that stuff ended up there :)

And while you are here, take the opportunity to learn to spell correctly.

And read the daily mail once, and only once. Then keep an eye out for anyone buying it, punch them in the face, follow them home, set fire to their house, and the neighbour's houses. I'm joking, but this paper is a joke. Second biggest selling in the country, and the owners supported the Nazis. OK, it was before the whole 'invading the world, commiting genocide' thing happened, but they supported the general ideology.

Oh, and a lot of people hate Americans. This is because America is bigger, richer and more powerful. And starts wars.

So yeah, there are bad bits and good bits. Just be glad you are not old enough to drive. Petrol is expensive.

I have to get practically naked when I'm cooking bacon.

I may be immature, but that made me laugh!