Another banner for F2P!

Omar

Credits to E_D_G_E_1039 for this idea. I told him to make it a suggestion, but I didn't find it by searching.

Well the idea was that F2Pers could have another banner, if not two other banners, in exchange of some more bankspace. We know that the money the current banner makes is only enough to keep F2P running. So multiplying that profit would be more than enough for JaGEx to update F2P with some things that are really needed.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Jagex has enough money to update f2p, they just don't care.

In 2006, founders Andrew Gower and Paul Gower were calculated to be worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã32 million($63,244,728 USD) On "The Rich List 2007" Andrew and Paul are under claims to be worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã106 million($190 million USD).
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagex

Rs changed from a fun based game in a money-making game in the eyes of Jagex.... ahhhh I miss RSC.

It's a shame if you ask me.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Ugh... Is there anything in your opinion that could make JaGEx happy enough to update F2P a little?

The only thing that comes to my mind is weed.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Well, I dont know if an extra banner would make double the profits but it would definately increase them. I think if they did do this they still would not give f2p anything because they want us to become members. well they might... And I was thinking perhaps we could do a survey weekly/monthly to give a little more money.

deathnotesignature.png

I think it is a great idea! Double the banners means about 1.5 times the cash means Jagex can ask more employees means that they are faster be able to check reports so they can ban autoÃÆÃâÃâërs and other rulebreakers faster, means everybody is happy (but rulebreakers).

My runescape gamescreen looks like this:

advertlr6.png

As you can see there can easely come adverts at the left or right.

The only problem that could exist is that there is also more lag.

But advertisings creating lag could easely be reported so...

I like the idea, can I come in your fanlist ;)

A advert like this:

http://servedby.advertising.com/site=00 ... s=1/optn=1

for example

Jagex wont care if it causes lag... <.< The Varrock update causes lag on computers more then 5 years old (so I've heard, thank god mines new)

Only in the beginning, at this moment it doesn't any more (and yes, my comp is even 6 years old :()

the only solution that coms to my mind is becoming a member...

its easier for you to become a member then they making an update to f2p

banners.

Either way its a good thought i just dont think itll work

Jagex has more than enough money to give F2P another small update.. They're just being a bunch of greedy bastards. :roll:

Jagex has already stated that they are not doing any updates for f2p becuase they just dont want to. They'd rather do updates for members, and besides, if you can't afford $5 a month, you shouldn't even have internet.. I know there are certain circumstances where some people just can't get it, but for most of you, seriously now, its ONLY $5 a month. Quit your WoW account and make 3 RS ones -.-' Plus, about half if not more, of f2per's are either bots or chinese people, so whats the point of updating it anyways?

Jagex has enough money to update f2p, they just don't care.

In 2006, founders Andrew Gower and Paul Gower were calculated to be worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã32 million($63,244,728 USD) On "The Rich List 2007" Andrew and Paul are under claims to be worth ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã106 million($190 million USD).
From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagex

Rs changed from a fun based game in a money-making game in the eyes of Jagex.... ahhhh I miss RSC.

It's a shame if you ask me.

So True! :(

77 / 94 / 99 str

Rougeleada.png

Hitlist::..

Boy Gorila18, combat level 113. Ran off with my stuff when i died training.

Jagex has more than enough money to give F2P another small update.. They're just being a bunch of greedy bastards. :roll:

Jagex has already stated that they are not doing any updates for f2p becuase they just dont want to. They'd rather do updates for members, and besides, if you can't afford $5 a month, you shouldn't even have internet.. I know there are certain circumstances where some people just can't get it, but for most of you, seriously now, its ONLY $5 a month. Quit your WoW account and make 3 RS ones -.-'

1] You'd think if I had a WoW account i'd be able to get a membership. There's people like me and MoonShadow, who can not pay. our moms hate the internet :roll:

Plus, about half if not more, of f2per's are either bots or chinese people, so whats the point of updating it anyways?

So not only are they greedy bastards, but chinese people are not allowed to play? And anyways, the f2p population is not 50% macroers...

I do not care for this idea. for one thing I get bad enough lag as it is when a new banner loads. and if you put them on the sides it would ruin the feel of the game. do you know how irratateing some of those adds are?

as to 50% of the free to play population being bots and chinese work accounts: this is not quite true, I belive its more like thirty percent. being a Life long Free To Player I would reely hate to see this implemented in exchange for updates. as much as I want more bank space and such this is not the way I want to get it. infact it may drive me so crazy I quit the game.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

Jagex has already stated that they are not doing any updates for f2p becuase they just dont want to. They'd rather do updates for members, and besides, if you can't afford $5 a month, you shouldn't even have internet.. I know there are certain circumstances where some people just can't get it, but for most of you, seriously now, its ONLY $5 a month. Quit your WoW account and make 3 RS ones -.-' Plus, about half if not more, of f2per's are either bots or chinese people, so whats the point of updating it anyways?

You would make your English teacher proud :thumbsup:

How do you know what Jagex would rather do? Are you a spokesperson from them? Do you speak with any information the rest of the community doesn't? Or, are you just randomly guessing what Jagex wants with no solid information.

I can afford $5 a month, I just have no way to get the money TO Jagex. As harrinator explained earlier, you should know why. Right now, I actually have one thousand USD in my bank account. All saved up from countless years of saving. To be honest, I have once held more money than you will ever make in your entire lifetime.

The people that you say can't afford the price of the subscription are a minority. How do you know that the people who play Runescape who can't afford membership just automatically have a World of Warcraft account? I doubt most of them even have a World of Warcraft account.

I wonder where you pulled these statistics out of? If you didn't pull them out of your [wagon], I honestly don't know where you thought of these. I seriously doubt that half of F2P players are bots. And what does it matter if they are Chinese? That is just a moronic racial slur. For the people that do honestly play, I think it is worth it to update it for them. F2P is a whole separate game.

You also passed right over the whole point of this thread. You just used a stupid more elaborate clicḫ̩̉̉ that basically states, You don't pay, you don't get anything. Did you notice that this would pretty much double or triple the profits that Jagex makes? Did you even notice that at all? Or did you just see that it said F2P in the title so you decided to skip reading the rest of the title and thread and just write some random off topic piece of garbage about how F2P doesn't do anything?

There are plenty of P2P macroers too, so, by your flawed logic, we should stop updating the game altogether. Doesn't that sound like a great idea?

Btw, back on topic, I support.

EDIT: The thing about the two nerves and the abortion were taken out. They might have been a little too excessive. But, if you want to see the whole argument, PM me.

tfssig.png

What's the point of eating food when you're going to die anyways? :roll: That's pretty much the same as what you just said.

I wonder what would happen if your mom stopped paying for your membership? :lol: What would you say then?

Edit: ROFL at Moonshadow. :lol: Nice one there. :XD:

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

Hehe, I bet you saw it before I cropped some of the stuff out :P

Thank you making me fall out of my chair. It hurt, but...

That's pretty much what was on my mind.

No.. Imagine 2 flash advertisements running at once? Blue Screen of Death for the win! (seriously, it does happen to me)

There's tons of websites with more than an advertisement at a time...

It could even be text adds. Such as the ones you see on top of the RuneHQ page, except they shouldn't be breaking the rules.

Plus, about half if not more, of f2per's are either bots or chinese people, so whats the point of updating it anyways?

So, basically, you're assuming that half of the free players are macroers and Chinese people? You count the number of f2p bots and Chinese people in the F2P worlds? Have you not heard the rants about bots in P2P worlds as well? Bots buying runes in the Mage Arena, PC, etc.. Do you have proof that more than half of the f2pers are Chinese? How would you know that the population of Chinese players are bad? That's basically stereotyping that all Chinese players are bad and like to break the rules. I for one, am Chinese, and do not break the rules.

BTW, I support your idea.

So, basically, you're assuming that half of the free players are macroers and Chinese people? You count the number of f2p bots and Chinese people in the F2P worlds? Have you not heard the rants about bots in P2P worlds as well? Bots buying runes in the Mage Arena, PC, etc.. Do you have proof that more than half of the f2pers are Chinese? How would you know that the population of Chinese players are bad? That's basically stereotyping that all Chinese players are bad and like to break the rules. I for one, am Chinese, and do not break the rules.

BTW, I support your idea.

Vaccutter said that, not prankster king!

How about being able to move adverts too :D.

tfssig.png

This would honestly be unfair for people with older computers. I can't even enter Varrock without lagging out. Now, you want 2 banners? Like I said in my other post, imagine 2 flash advertisements running at once. Even people with newer systems may lag or people with dial-up definately will. I find that the author has the right idea, but not going the right way about it.

j0xPu5R.png

Maybe Jagex can make 2 adverts that both don't create a lot of lag, I mean loads of time a simple picture with a website behind it is also ok. They can even make 10 of them, as long as it is just a picture with a link behind it. These adverts will be cheaper for those who want their advert there, but there can also come loads of adverts. The lag will be just about the same this way. ;) I think I'll make a example soon to show what I mean.

*edit: here it is:

000001ft2.png000002vk6.png000003je4.png000004um8.png000005li7.png000006ag4.png000007we5.png000008ch5.png000009fc1.png000010ds1.png

ajajajajqq9.png

Allright, I'm not really handy with computers but you get the idea.

As you can see you got no lag at this moment while I'm advertising about 10 websites!!!

At this moment a advert cost *for example (I know it, it probably costs more)* 100 pounds a week but in this idea Jagex can ask 20 pounds a week and still getting 2ce as much money, without creating any bigger lag. If Jagex can get double the money then they got more cash, so they can also use more staf, so they can also ban autoÃÆÃâÃâërs better :D everybody happy :D (or not? :roll: )

*I'm sorry I didn't succeed perfect in my explanation with the picture (to much adverts :oops: )*

*I do NOT take ANY responsibility for things you can find on the website's I just adverted, I hope they are just normal fansite's (I've just looked them up at google for a few minits)*

Maybe Jagex can make 2 adverts that both don't create a lot of lag, I mean loads of time a simple picture with a website behind it is also ok. They can even make 10 of them, as long as it is just a picture with a link behind it. These adverts will be cheaper for those who want their advert there, but there can also come loads of adverts. The lag will be just about the same this way. ;) I think I'll make a example soon to show what I mean.

*edit: here it is:

000001ft2.png000002vk6.png000003je4.png000004um8.png000005li7.png000006ag4.png000007we5.png000008ch5.png000009fc1.png000010ds1.png

ajajajajqq9.png

Allright, I'm not really handy with computers but you get the idea.

As you can see you got no lag at this moment while I'm advertising about 10 websites!!!

At this moment a advert cost *for example (I know it, it probably costs more)* 100 pounds a week but in this idea Jagex can ask 20 pounds a week and still getting 2ce as much money, without creating any bigger lag. If Jagex can get double the money then they got more cash, so they can also use more staf, so they can also ban autoÃÆÃâÃâërs better :D everybody happy :D (or not? :roll: )

*I'm sorry I didn't succeed perfect in my explanation with the picture (to much adverts :oops: )*

*I do NOT take ANY responsibility for things you can find on the website's I just adverted, I hope they are just normal fansite's (I've just looked them up at google for a few minits)*

I like this idea better.

j0xPu5R.png

You may not have noticed, but I said "maybe a text link".

Such as: You'll want to press backwards after this.