evolution

00bagel

runescape used to be small, simple and fun. it has now grown into a massive game full of challenges and intricate complexity.

what will happen when runescape gets so complex that it is better than life, (which for some people it already is)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the real world will turn to ****. nothing will get done. people will be stuck at home in pursuit of perfect pixels (aliteration, oh yeah)

Thats my monitor washed :wall:

I don't really know what will happen, we should just wait and enjoy it now. Live in the moment people!

kirbyoptim.jpg

Sig by me :D

1337 total as of 3/2/08 at 14 : 52 GMT. Recieved 1338 total 32 minutes later

Hawt Pixel avvy by Jopie

Barrow drops: (2) - Verac's Brassard, Ahrim's Hood

in the real world time must have had a begginning and must have an end.

if it didnt then time would be infinite and the present wouldnt exist because it would be undefinably small.

runescape had a begginning, will it have an end?

This is already happening in real life. Everyday, people pursuit illusions: job level, class, physical appearance, money, and so on. Most people will run after these things all their life, only to realise at the end that they are illusions.

2480+ total

How is this game complicated or even slightly complex? This game is all about finger strain and time.

The only thing that changed this game is the immature people who think that their 99 strength "pwns" everyone, or a person with 1 def who thinks everyone else is inferior. Hell, even a 126 with 95 hp who spent their few months in members playing Pc while some took over 3-4 years. This came is turning into a downward spiral, slowly but surely more and more people who have bad manners and gold farmers\bots will overtake this game.

I agree that Jagex is a very thorough and in-depth gaming experience (non-graphic wise). So many things to do and is constantly being updated to include different features. But now its to the point where Jagex is at their limit making skills "easier" (string\potmake\glassblow X).

To the majority of players who are teenagers, who haven't tasted the fruits of life such as driving, living on your own, getting married, or found a successful job. Ours lives are still young and this phase in our lives will pass soon enough. This game has thought many life lessons, and economic influences and how different things affect prices. It is no substitute for real life.

Sorry if this was a bit off topic in some areas, just had to say this.

randomkcopyq.png

Let me guess... you are 12 years old kid who never experienced real life?

Enjoy life, have sex, take different type of drugs and then come back to this thread and admit you were wrong.

Rs is a fun game but it will never be better than real life sensations.

If I need to choose between a date with a nice girl or play rs the whole night I'd know what to choose. rl > pixels

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

Runescape is good but will not and cannot ever compare to real life.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

the real world will turn to ****. nothing will get done. people will be stuck at home in pursuit of perfect pixels (aliteration, oh yeah)

That reminds me of the Pendragon book where they have Lifelight...

Lol.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

Let me guess... you are 12 years old kid who never experienced real life?

Enjoy life, have sex, take different type of drugs and then come back to this thread and admit you were wrong.

Rs is a fun game but it will never be better than real life sensations.

If I need to choose between a date with a nice girl or play rs the whole night I'd know what to choose. rl > pixels

there is no need for insults, if that was one, i am not saying that runescape is better than life. i am just comparing pixels to point particles, there doesnt seem to be many differences

The question is not just RuneScape, but vertiual reality all together, the Internet being real. I would play like that, just not subtistute it as my life though. If everyone did that then no one would grow food or deliver goods and we'll all die of starvation.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

The question is not just RuneScape, but vertiual reality all together, the Internet being real. I would play like that, just not subtistute it as my life though. If everyone did that then no one would grow food or deliver goods and we'll all die of starvation.

Exactly. People on this thread just seem to think of runescape and immediately dismiss the idea, but games will get better then real-life... If we (humans in general, not this generation) survive that long.

I think it will present a lot of problems, because once virtual reality gets better then real-life, people will want to be on it all the time. But it will have to cost money and I think it will turn into a drug. People will do almost anything to get another hour of gameplay, which in turn will spawn more crime.

best-guide-ever.jpg

I've actually encountered a player that admitted that the only reason he played Runescape was to ditch reality.

He said he was repeating his class for the 3rd time, he had no friends, no girlfriend... Nothing in his life seemed to be going the right way.

I have no idea why he told me this, maybe he was depressed, but I felt really sorry for him.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.