Halo 3, Finish the fight?

Aka_Chao

Everyone who has played both the halo games and seen the trailer for halo 3 know that it says finish the fight. I want to know what you think will happen at the end of the 3rd game and if it will be the last - not including halo wars.

I think Master Chief will come across the Covenant's home planet and blow it up thus killing him at the same time.

SIGYTTT.jpg

Someone I know of had a dolphin tattooed on her chest. She got fat and the dolphin turned into a whale...

The chief is on earth, in a south african desert, I believe, headed toward the 'Ark of the Covenant' (anyone else notice all of these religious references?). And the Covenant "planet", High Charity, or whatever it's called, was taken over by Gravemind.

I think the Arbiter will kill Gravemind, and the Chief will kill the final Prophet, along with destroying the Ark.

As for Cortana, who knows? She's still on High Charity, but Bungie says her position will play a critical role in the turnout of the series. Maybe the Arbiter will find her?

goldphishies.jpeg

[>>Thanks to Yaff2 for Reaper,Trooper,and DOOM sigs, Navyplaya for nature sigs, Hardwick246 for gold sig, ThruItAll for Darkwatch and guitar sigs, and Aijiru for avvy!<<]

[>>Refresh for new Siggie!<<]

It's funny, all the people I talk to only care about the multi player and the fighting. "Oh look, we have these weapons now!", "Look at that map, it would be perfect for...". I'm glad some people actually care about the story. To me it's another epic thing that will end this year.

(Its funny, alot of things have been ending, Halo, Harry potter, Pirates of the Carribean)

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

i still think there will at least be one my Halo game with the series "doing a Star Wars" and making a prequal.

There were rumors of Bungie working on another title, nicknamed "forerunner", probably about the forerunner race before the events of Halo: Fall of Reach. Then it all but vanished when the development of Halo 3 and Halo Wars was announced. Who knows? Such a high selling title could easily have a prequel created later.

And yeah, i always loved the halo storyline, because everything is connected to each other somehow. Plenty of "ohh!" moments.

As for the end, i think the Arbiter will be killed, like all other Arbiters before him. The Flood will be destroyed or re-contained. The human race will be revealed as the forerunners (lots of evidence they are), and will be considered as leaders of the Covenant, or the Covenant itself will be disbanded.

Either that, or the Halos activate and destroy all life in the galaxy, except for the human race. This is because the Ark is supposedly on Earth, and like Noah's Ark, it will save humanity from the Flood, and the Halo's blast.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Tbh i dont really give a dam...good story...but its stupidly boring and overated....run in room kill all grunts, run in to next, cutscene...repeat -.-

It isn't overrated. It just has too many folks comfortable saying that because of Halo's massive fanbase. I would bet everyone who says that is either anti-FPS or anti-xbox.

i still think there will at least be one my Halo game with the series "doing a Star Wars" and making a prequal.

There were rumors of Bungie working on another title, nicknamed "forerunner", probably about the forerunner race before the events of Halo: Fall of Reach. Then it all but vanished when the development of Halo 3 and Halo Wars was announced. Who knows? Such a high selling title could easily have a prequel created later.

And yeah, i always loved the halo storyline, because everything is connected to each other somehow. Plenty of "ohh!" moments.

As for the end, i think the Arbiter will be killed, like all other Arbiters before him. The Flood will be destroyed or re-contained. The human race will be revealed as the forerunners (lots of evidence they are), and will be considered as leaders of the Covenant, or the Covenant itself will be disbanded.

Either that, or the Halos activate and destroy all life in the galaxy, except for the human race. This is because the Ark is supposedly on Earth, and like Noah's Ark, it will save humanity from the Flood, and the Halo's blast.

Dude.

That definitly clicks, especially considering how religious the Covenant Are (Another religious reference, supporting) Then the Arbiter sounds an awful lot like Jesus. The Arbiter alwaysy dies, meaning hes a sacrafice. His sacrafice seems to me tat it is during turning points in the Covenant. This attributes much to Jesus.

My guess is that Halo 3 explains that the Bible is truly based on fact. However, that fact is that Jesus, the Arbiter, discovered the threat of the flood, gathering a following in an attempt to protect humanity. Humanity at this point in time is what is known as the Forerunners in Halo. The Arbiter and his following, which is likely quite large, uses their technology to build two things. The first is the system of Halo rings. The second is the Ark, which will protect them from the blast of the rings, or, if the rings fail, house them fore long enough to hopefully outlast the Flood. The tale of the flood is much the same thing. Two of every species they come across in an attempt to replace what the Flood will devour. The Forerunners, who are very likely humanoids, also save the Covenant, or the Forerunners are Covenant, saving humans. Either way, a religion is spawned from the "Salvation". Now, all the Covenant now, until the rediscover the Ark, is that the activation of Halo will save them. However, the must be inside the Ark to attain this salvation. The human version of this slwoly degrades through the millenia, turning into the Bible. The Forerunners are either nearly wiped out during the activation of Halo, or completely wiped out. either way, not enough of the Forerunners survive to retain the knowledge of their technology past a couple generations. These remenants of the Forerunners spawn into humans, the Covenant, or split off into both, with the Covenant quickly rediscovering the technology as their ancestors.

Thats what I think the story will be based on, and I always find the story the second best part of a game (I was quite disappointed with Gears of War in that aspect, too many dark corners).

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

Tbh i dont really give a dam...good story...but its stupidly boring and overated....run in room kill all grunts, run in to next, cutscene...repeat -.-

Well what the hell do you want from the game? Oh master chief theres some grunts oh wait a minute im chopping down this tree... -.-

SIGYTTT.jpg

Someone I know of had a dolphin tattooed on her chest. She got fat and the dolphin turned into a whale...

Dude.

That definitly clicks, especially considering how religious the Covenant Are (Another religious reference, supporting) Then the Arbiter sounds an awful lot like Jesus. The Arbiter alwaysy dies, meaning hes a sacrafice. His sacrafice seems to me tat it is during turning points in the Covenant. This attributes much to Jesus.

My guess is that Halo 3 explains that the Bible is truly based on fact. However, that fact is that Jesus, the Arbiter, discovered the threat of the flood, gathering a following in an attempt to protect humanity. Humanity at this point in time is what is known as the Forerunners in Halo. The Arbiter and his following, which is likely quite large, uses their technology to build two things. The first is the system of Halo rings. The second is the Ark, which will protect them from the blast of the rings, or, if the rings fail, house them fore long enough to hopefully outlast the Flood. The tale of the flood is much the same thing. Two of every species they come across in an attempt to replace what the Flood will devour. The Forerunners, who are very likely humanoids, also save the Covenant, or the Forerunners are Covenant, saving humans. Either way, a religion is spawned from the "Salvation". Now, all the Covenant now, until the rediscover the Ark, is that the activation of Halo will save them. However, the must be inside the Ark to attain this salvation. The human version of this slwoly degrades through the millenia, turning into the Bible. The Forerunners are either nearly wiped out during the activation of Halo, or completely wiped out. either way, not enough of the Forerunners survive to retain the knowledge of their technology past a couple generations. These remenants of the Forerunners spawn into humans, the Covenant, or split off into both, with the Covenant quickly rediscovering the technology as their ancestors.

Thats what I think the story will be based on, and I always find the story the second best part of a game (I was quite disappointed with Gears of War in that aspect, too many dark corners).

Very interesting.. :-k

SIGYTTT.jpg

It isn't overrated. It just has too many folks comfortable saying that because of Halo's massive fanbase. I would bet everyone who says that is either anti-FPS or anti-xbox.

Negative captain. Halo 1 and 2 have disappointed me so far, and I am a big FPS fan and love my xbox.

Negative captain. Halo 1 and 2 have disappointed me so far, and I am a big FPS fan and love my xbox.

+1 I <3 my 360 and fps games

i hate boring overated things...

and chao...i want it to stop being overated

Fair enough, but for the most part, many pro-Playstation and pro-rpg folks tend to hate Halo. Maybe its because halo is xbox's flagship title and is an fps, as opposed to the various rpg's that have Sony exclusivity (is that a word?).

Back on topic, to aquariusman. THAT, was a storyline that would make Orson Scott Card proud. It would be most interesting if it was like how you said. I like how you got the "2 of both species being saved" and the "bible is a deteriorated journal of all this".

[hide=Reveals the end of the 4th Halo book, contains some spoilers]However, I read the 4th Halo book, the Ghosts of Onyx, and I have another, simpler story. It explains how Onyx was a sanctuary-planet, meant as a bunker from the Halo's destruction. What if the Earth (remember the Ark) is also a sanctuary, and the humans are forerunners who survived from the first activation of the Halo, but just forgot their legacy and technology?[/hide]

Or...Maybe I'll just wait for Halo 3 and have fun with that. :thumbsup:

well no they dont...i play rpgs all the time....but still love fps games...problems with halo is there so overated and are the same...

I play rpg's too, but my point is:

Um... i forgot. -.-

It's all just opinion. Halo haters will always say Halo is overrated because in their eyes, it is. In fact, I think RPGs are overrated. I hate them and I'm not afraid to admit that that's why I think they're overrated. Many people find them so amazing and I just find them boring. Anyway, let's not turn another perfectly good Halo topic into an argument about the quality of the games.

To be slightly more on-topic, to any one who says that Master Chief will die, I think otherwise. I just think it would be disappointing to have played through the first 2 games and now the third one while dying plenty of times along the way only to be lead to a point in which Master Chief dies "for real".

Well what the hell do you want from the game? Oh master chief theres some grunts oh wait a minute im chopping down this tree... -.-

I don't really want anything from the game...I just wanted it to be over after the first! :cry:

ZOMG SPOILER I H4XED BUNGIE's INTERWEB FILEZ AND FOUND THIS:

MASTER CHIEF DIED IN THE FIRST ONE AND HIS SON TOOK OVER, HIS NAMEZ CHUCK NORRIS! ZOMG!

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"