Beggers; Do You Help Them?

walka92

im mixed on beggars... if they ask me niceley, or if i find them freindly, ill give them help, advice, or some free stuff. if they are tne normal, whiney variety, i take them to my house and drop them in my oubluette :twisted: burn noobs, buuuuuuurn!

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* I hold my statement to be universally true.

Beggar in Draynor: Spare change?

Me: excuse me?

BD: please, can I have some stuff?

me: why? you can get it yourself.

BD: can't I just have a little spare change?

Me...There's no such thing as spare change.

The internet: A place where the men are men, the women are men, and 13 year old girls are FBI agents.
looks like WoW's interface.

Were you too lazy to read 3 posts above or too stupid to comprehend it?

Brothers and sisters, I have none, but that man's father is my father's son. Who is that man?

of course.as i found out while popping into the port sarim jewellry store for a new piece of gold leaf on my ruby ring a begger came upto me.i gave him a loaf of bread and found out it was really some mysterious woman ive never heard off called the lady of the lake.she gave me some stupid sword which i threw into the sea.from then on i always give beggers something since you never know what humans in disguise.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Once upon a time, I used to do the following:

Beggar: free stuff plz!!!!

Beggar: free plz!!!!!1!!!!one!

Me: Here, I will give you everything you need to succeed at this game.

Beggar: omg thanks

[withdraw from bank, trade beggar]

[put up: bronze axe, bronze pickaxe, small net, hammer; click Accept]

Beggar: [declines] noooooo free stuff!!!

Me: Oh, I'm sorry, I was mistaking you for an honest and hard worker.

Beggar: omg wdf noob ***** [and many other phrases designed to get around the censor]

Me: [reports beggar, laughs to self]

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

I give advice most of the time... i rarely give out money or stuff but i do every now and then

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

ok thanks for the posts so far, and w00t, rated popular now ^^

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I never give stuff away to beggars, unless it's something I have no need for and is just rotting in my bank. (Rope, needle, stuff like that)

Otherwise, I use this conversation.

Beggar: Free stuf plz i died

Me: Well, that was stupid, wasn't it? (Teleports)

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

Most often I just ignore them, but sometimes I give them advices about how they can earn cash. If I do it, I tell them how to begin merchanting, and also I give them a few coins to start with.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I once gave my junk to some guy who was asking for peoples junk. He thanked me and went on his way and I never saw him again.

However I only did this because I had no use for the stuff, it was pots, F2P capes, stuff like that.

recently some guy Pmed me asking if I wanted to buy some F2P junk. I said no thankyou. I noticed he was a low lvl player, he had a combat level of 37 at the time. 2 minutes later I found out he was a member and had never been in the members area. He didn't even know that the members area existed.

This made me mad. why pay for members hwne you don't use it!?

I showed him the rock crabs, catherby etc.. All the main places.

i am still really friendly with him even though he is in America while I live in Lonodn! His stats are now uite reasonable, 63 woodcutting, 57 fishing, 50 combat, 48 mining. It made me happy that I had helped someone.

I doubt I could do that loads of times though.

My advice is that when you come across beggers or newbies, help them. Show them round for a while, tell them how to make money etc... Just don't give them free stuff because they will just come back to you asking for more stuff. You have to make them self-reliant. Help them get away from being a begger and get them on the road to being a high lvl player. if they are really annoying and won't take your advice then just abandon them saying that you tried to help them but they won't listen. In the end it is their problem not yours.

It really does make you feel happy that you have helped someone.

Alex_Ewan 1.png

Goals achieved: lvl 99 Cooking, Fishing and Fletching.

Surrey CC and Liverpool FC fan for life!