The Best F2P Prayer XP with spending money (lock this)

anim7

Introduction:

Prayer is skill that has huge benefits in pking when the level is high. The protection prayers are very important and they require level 43 prayer.

Level 43? That seems easy. That is only like 50k xp. Oh but it is sluggishly slow to get prayer levels. Especially for F2P. The only way to raise prayer is by burying bones.

Varieties of Bones:

Regular bones (4.5xp)

Burnt bones (4.5xp)

Monkey bones (5xp)

Big bones (15xp)

Refuting those other methods:

The best strategy is to get big bones and bury them. But even if you kill 1k hill giants you will only get 15k prayer xp. And killing those giants is a pain. The dungeon is crowded with people and it is HUGELY inefficient to raise prayer this way.

Some people say...what about chickens? You can kill them with one hit and get 28 bones soon. True, but it is also ridiculously slow.

Moss giants? These are harder to kill and do NOT serve as a good way to train prayer.

Buy Big Bones and bury them. Yes probably the fastest way to get prayer levels up. But it will hurt your bank. To get 15k xp, you need 1k big bones which costs about 400k

My Method:

What if I told you that there was a way to get more than 6k+ prayer xp per hour? In F2P....without spending a single gp.

You probably said WILDERNESS BONE YARD.

Yes, that is what this guide is about.

Here is how it works:

The bone yard contains a LOT of regular bones and 6 big bone respawns.

Your equipment:

Rune full helm

Full Green Dhide or just Rune platebody

Rune Kiteshield

Rune scimmy (optional)

10 salmon or above

TELEPORT RUNES

Recommended Stats:

You dont really need any stats except maybe 25 mage (for tele) and 40 defense so those skeletons dont pulverize you.

How you get there:

prayerguidemap.jpg

The red path represent the most dangerous path. Varrock wildy is very dangerous and it is multi combat. Lots of pkers might be at the hills and near the chaos altar. The green path is safer and is the one I use. It is a bit slower, but you only need to get to the bone yard once.

Where you need to be situated:

boneyard.jpg

Here is a pic of me standing here:

prayerguide.jpg

What do you do?:

The respawns are very fast in a world with 1900+ players. So go to one of those worlds. You will be moving back and forth between these two bones shown in the picture.

Memorize where the respawn happens - this is easy since there are landmarks.

Click on the respawn location. By the time the character gets there, the bone will have spawned. Click it and bury it. Then click on the next respawn location. By the time the character moves there, there wil be a bone.

xp per hour - in 6 minutes, i obtained 660 prayer xp. So that is at least 6k prayer xp per hour.

PKers:

There is a bit of a danger involved here. There might be pkers lurking around. Most of them are melee, so if they start to run at you, log out.

DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! They might kill you even are unskulled. Some pkers are ruthless, vicious people.

If they attack you, start running south and tele at level 20. Those salmon will heal you well.

Maybe in an hour you will come across one potential threat which is a pker near your combat level. You do not need to log out if you see a white dot. If that dot starts approaching you, you have to log out.

Skeletons:

They get unaggressive after 15 minutes and then you can just camp here for days. I bring a scimmy so I can kill them easily.

Protect Items is helpful here: You will keep your rune helm, kite, scimmy and dhide body. You lose chaps and vambs.

The End:

100% F2P

85 Mining achieved on Dec 4, 2007

85 Smithing achieved on May 28, 2009

anim7.png

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just make some money and buy those bones. Seriously. Even working as nature runner for a given period of time will make you money to buy bones that will give you more exp than picking them for the same period of time.

But if you are one of those thick-skulled people who have some sort of "anti-skill-buying" vendetta, coupled with "F2P for life out of principle, I like RS but I'll never, ever, pay Jagex a dime" then this method is good for you. :wink:

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

Very nice guide, 8/10.

I do not see organisation as a problem, I found it fine. Just use bold/underlining for titles and possibly some colors and you'll be ok. For a small guide like this you don't need to worry too much about really profession organisation.

Also, take out the part that mentions f2p pkers are ruthless 8 year olds, there are a lot of dedicated f2p pkers out there that can beat up most p2pers any day. I would just say something like "Some Pkers are ruthless, vicious people, especially 8 year old range pures with uber strength."

Also, if you plan to expand this guide you need to drop the unprofessional terms. I noticed "8 year old range uber strength pure," you could possibly just refer to them as "range strength pures." There are a few other parts with unecessary CAPS, use bold for them instead.

The content is great. Good information, good hints, good facts. Looks like you did a bit of research on this.

Good amount of pictures also. The guide doesn't lack pictures yet it isn't flooded with them, good job. :) I would suggest though putting up a picture of the full equipment, that would be a nice addition.

I have a question too. If this strategy really gets you 6k prayer experience per hour, and you played 9 hours a day(hypothetically speaking of course!), could you really get 43 prayer in a day? That would be quite amazing with no gp spent at all.

EugenyG - People have their own methods of training skills.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

EugenyG, this is not a thread for you to tell me to get members and run nats. This is a guide that I spent some time to help other F2P with prayer. You can rate it like meme79 and mario_sunny, or just say "I dont like it."

Thank you very much and no hard feelings.

Magedark, those valuable items will be protected when dying. If people dont have protect item, then they can just bring rune plate, rune legs and rune kite; 3 items that will be protected and give a good def bonus.

For most people I think a loss of dhide chaps and vambs isnt the end of the world.

Magedark, yes it is not literally costless, since the initial cost is about 100k. But I will tell you what. You can buy that armor, train prayer and sell it back for the same price you bought it for.

Mario- I have bad encounters with pkers/lurers/backstabbers. I have a natural aversion to these people. I can honestly say that I have not yet come across a decent honorable pker. But I will edit the post :lol:

The answer to the question - Yes it is totally possible to start a level 1 prayer and train to 43 in a short time if you have a good def level. Those skeletons are pesky for about 15 minutes. And from 43 on up, prayer takes a long time to level, so it is a good method for all levels of prayer. I would put the cap at about 60-65 prayer, because it is easier to buy the bones after this level.

I have no doubt that you will get at least 6k prayer per hour given no pkers. I see pkers sometimes and every encounter will cost me about 45 seconds. Also 6k per hour is a very conservative estimate. The respawn is almost instant. So you pick up, bury, and by the time you walk to next respawn location, the bone will appear.

100% F2P

anim7.png

Nice guide, I might try it, (I've just turned f2p,) but i find that getting my combatxp up and praying at the same time helps.

I kill minotoars in Stronghold of Security, get loadsa of gems and literally 1000s of iron arrows from drops, atk, str or def xp, hp xp, and pray xp.

But for intense pray - only training, this is the best f2p guide I've seen so far. :thumbsup:

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

EugenyG, this is not a thread for you to tell me to get members and run nats. This is a guide that I spent some time to help other F2P with prayer. You can rate it like meme79 and mario_sunny, or just say "I dont like it."

Thank you very much and no hard feelings.

Magedark, those valuable items will be protected when dying. If people dont have protect item, then they can just bring rune plate, rune legs and rune kite; 3 items that will be protected and give a good def bonus.

For most people I think a loss of dhide chaps and vambs isnt the end of the world.

Magedark, yes it is not literally costless, since the initial cost is about 100k. But I will tell you what. You can buy that armor, train prayer and sell it back for the same price you bought it for.

Mario- I have bad encounters with pkers/lurers/backstabbers. I have a natural aversion to these people. I can honestly say that I have not yet come across a decent honorable pker. But I will edit the post :lol:

The answer to the question - Yes it is totally possible to start a level 1 prayer and train to 43 in a short time if you have a good def level. Those skeletons are pesky for about 15 minutes. And from 43 on up, prayer takes a long time to level, so it is a good method for all levels of prayer. I would put the cap at about 60-65 prayer, because it is easier to buy the bones after this level.

I have no doubt that you will get at least 6k prayer per hour given no pkers. I see pkers sometimes and every encounter will cost me about 45 seconds. Also 6k per hour is a very conservative estimate. The respawn is almost instant. So you pick up, bury, and by the time you walk to next respawn location, the bone will appear.

Haha, ok. Maybe not a day then, possibly in two days. I was just wondering if I could start a level 3 and get him to 43 prayer in a couple of days, 6k exp per hour with no gp spent sounded awesome to me. I was expecting, though, that it wouldn't be a constant 6k per hour because of pkers. :(

One of the qualities a guide writer needs is to accept constructive critism toward his/her guide. I'm glad to see you have this quality, it's one of the most important ones. I hope you expand your guide with more tips and hints.

Oh by the way, I could possibly get the required equipment and take a few pictures of it for your guide if you like. :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

mario, i will post a pic of the equipment soon. ty for the offer though.

tintin, thank you for your input. I hope this guide was helpful

100% F2P

anim7.png

Great Guide =D>

Good content, Good pictures, Good ideas, Everything was well done :P

I used that method to get to 34 prayer and i found it was great free xp :D

Accept i used my homeworld (Average 1100) people maybe? So the bones

didnt re-apear straight away which is why i loved how you added that part

9.7/10 - Hope thats high enough ::'

sigycg7.jpg

97/99 Str [F2P]

80/99 Att [F2P]

This is how I got my prayer up but I used to pick up 3 big bones and not just 2. I don't know if it is still faster since it has been a long time since I did this, early rs2 that was.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

nice guide 8/10 good content not the gratest layout but with only 1 major method u dont really need it

Or just make some money and buy those bones. Seriously. Even working as nature runner for a given period of time will make you money to buy bones that will give you more exp than picking them for the same period of time.

im sure this was a guide for FTP so howmany FTPer's u kno make cash running nats?

fozzzz.png

I like this, id been to the boneyard before but didnt really like it(i was a really low lvl). This guide made me realize its not a bad idea to train there.

Oh and this....

DO NOT TAKE THEM LIGHTLY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! They might kill you even are unskulled. Some pkers are ruthless, vicious people.

....made me laugh.

------------------------

sword metal.com

2mfk6iq.gif

xp per hour - in 6 minutes, i obtained 660 prayer xp. So that is at least 6k prayer xp per hour.

good guide but that shocked me abit...

if you want to post xp/h then do it for an hours... it like saying "i cut a tree in 3 seconds so thats 1200 tree an hour"

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

good guide but that shocked me abit...

if you want to post xp/h then do it for an hours... it like saying "i cut a tree in 3 seconds so thats 1200 tree an hour"

Ok. To tell you the truth I never actually trained there for more than an hour. At 6 min, I had 660 xp. At 12 min, I had around 1200 xp. At 24 I had approximately 2500 xp. At 30 minutes I had around 3300 xp.

If you want, you can try it out. I dont just give numbers for the sake of it. I would not exaggerate anything. But on a good hour, 6k+ xp is average. You can expect at least 5k+ xp if you are extremely conservative. :lol:

to minirogue - f2p wilderness is not as dangerous as the p2p (i have heard of stories of tb and entangle and that dds spec). If you have an ok defense level you should be alright. I do occasionally see white dots but only 20% of them are at my level or higher and willing to attack me. Again that statistic is based on my own experience. Carry a tele and run 9 level down to lvl 20 wildy and you are safe.

Yes you dont need to bring anything but 3 items or 4 items is really recommended.

100% F2P

anim7.png

Take heed of white dots. If you see one, move away. If it comes toward you, log. I got killed by about 7 people once. Quite irritating.

It is a nice place to train prayer though.

Nice guide, good job.

tfssig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yah, i train there a lot of the time on my free account, it' s much safer than mems wildy. I just train there with 3 items , until a pker comes.

Im bored so i just fight, kill about half the time, but usually crappy stuff.

(not many pured up there) Good place to train prayer though. I like it.

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

I was a bit Iffie about using the technique at first, but it works wonders. :P

Sometimes I get named the boneyard lady or "OMG! that bone came back to life" because I bring my zombie outfit ::'

10/10 guide :thumbsup:

dark_angelxd.png

F2p for life!

Here's an alternate method you can try once you have that 43 prayer:

-- Equipped: Monk's robe top and bottom, holy symbol, rune mace. That's +23 prayer bonus.

-- Inventory: Tele runes.

Go to boneyard, use protect from melee and ignore the skellys. Bury b-bones till your prayer runs out. Go to Chaos altar to recharge and bury the 11 bones inside the temple.

Repeat.

-- Pros: 100% risk free.

-- Cons: Only averages about 4k XP / hr.

I am F2P-only and therefore all my statements will reflect that and should be read accordingly.