Whuffo's Blog? {96/99 Fletching}

prototype.jpg

(No pixels were hurt during the making of this banner.)

Introduction:

First of all, I would like to say that this is a thread to post my progress. As I continue advancing through the wonderful and magical world of Runescape.

[hide=Reason why... (click here)]

I thought of first starting to advance the skills that make some nice money, because one day I would want to build my dream house. My ultimate goal in this game. Some want a santa, some want a party hat, I want my dream house. It is the idea that it just doesn't say that it took a lot of time, but it should also give the impression that it took a lot of effort.

When I first played this game my only goal was getting more money, yes I know that is a bit of narrow-minded. But since they introduced construction, I have been planning and planning a perfect house for me, myself, and of course anyone that wants to throw events there. There is still a long way to go, but like the saying goes "Rome wasn't build on a day" and same goes with my dream house.

They say there are 3 possible reasons why you would want to do something, firstly to get a reward, secondly to not get punished, and last, but most important, is to get personal improvement. I believe this is the case here, and I hope others see this as well. I want to build this to prove to myself that I can actually do things if I push myself and drive myself to a goal.

[/hide]

I sincerely hope people share in some of my ideas, give me tips, possible motivation and of course, understanding in why I do this.

About me:

I am a student from Belgium, I live with my parents in a historical city (World War I.) I am currently 17 years old, and studying informatics management, and hope of becoming a programmer one day. Mainly in C++, Java, and hopefully some other languages as well, I love to program, think logically, and solve problems as they appear. My favorite kind of music is metal, bands like Disturbed, Sentenced, Killswitch Engage, Metallica of course too.

Runescape general stuff:

Name: Whuffo Desu

Homeworld: 137

Clan: The Lazoo Phantoms

Favorite god: Zamorak

Favorite quote: "What does not kill me, makes me stronger." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Favorite outfit: random style

Favorite skill: construction

Current skills:

Whuffo+Desu.png

[hide=Dream house... (click here)]

I designed the blueprints for this in like 2 or 3 hours of heavy switching of rooms, since I wanted it to be perfect. I filled most rooms.

http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/User:Lefke123/House

It can take a long time to load up, since it is very widely discussed about what exactly I will use in every room.

Whuffo+Desu.png

[/hide]

[hide=Bank screenshots... (click here)]

[hide=8 August 2007]I have cleaned up my bank (took me freaking 4 hours) and made an entire screenshot of its content. (8 August 2007)

totalbank.jpg[/hide]

[hide=4 February 2008]

Alright, didn't clean up my bank for this one. (4 February 2008)

bankscreenie4feb08uj0.jpg[/hide]

[/hide]

Goal projects:

(Current goal in red, completed ones in olive.)

[hide=80 Mining (DONE)]

I had to do 22K coal to get 80 mining, which is now completed, I made steel bars out of them. Bought the iron ores for it, and then made 44K cannonballs which I sold.

Whuffo+Desu.png[/hide]

[hide=93 Fishing (DONE)]

All sharks are caught!

Whuffo+Desu.png

Screenshotaug13-1053.16.jpg[/hide]

[hide=99 Cooking (DONE)]

I really do not believe in the way of buying your cooking level, you should earn it. Put your heart in it, starting from the moment I could, I have fished and cooked sharks, no matter how many I burned.

It has taught me that true skills demand sacrifices, not only money.

Currently cooked everything!

Cooking 99!

Whuffo+Desu.png

Screenshotaug18-0105.00.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=75 Construction (DONE)]

Made oak larders all the way, want to know how?

Whuffo+Desu.png

Screenshotaug19-0339.30.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=70 Ranged (DONE)]

Hurray, finally I can wear my Zamorak dragonhide range stuff thingies... Something like that.

Whuffo+Desu.png

[/hide]

[hide=66 Hunter (DONE)]

Time to wear that spottier cape!

Whuffo+Desu.png

Screenshotaug24-0204.50.jpg

[/hide]

[hide=75 Crafting (DONE)]

I will need to spin 41K bowstrings after that, I already have them. Shouldn't take me that long.

Whuffo+Desu.png

[/hide]

[hide=67 Runecrafting (DONE)]

Due to the fact my road to having enough cash for 99 construction, is quite far. I will first reach 99 fletch by making magic longbows from scratch. Approximately 41K magic longbows are needed for that, once made I will cast high alchemy on them, which requires 41K nature runes. Bought the pure essence already, nearly no experience from mining these.

Whuffo+Desu.png

[/hide]

[hide=70 Prayer (DONE)]

Well, I wanted to make sure I could align my house to Zamorak so that is why I went for 70 prayer. Which eventually got completed after some nifty altar use.

Whuffo+Desu.png

[/hide]

[hide=80 Construction (DONE)]

I just did this to make some more things in my house, made dungeon doors the entire way from 75 to 80. My trusty servant ensured that there was always a nice cash drainage, centered around him.

Whuffo+Desu.png

[/hide]

[hide=99 Woodcutting (DONE)]

Done with all the magic logs till 99 woodcutting, I still need to cut another 16K or so magic logs for 99 fletching though!

Whuffo+Desu.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Fletching (96/99)]

I will have cut my magic logs at Seers, the 3 magic trees near the ranging guild. So I will have cut the logs into (u) at the spot, while I wait for the trees to respawn. Here comes the long task of stringing all the magic longbows (u).

Whuffo+Desu.png[/hide]

[hide=89 Magic (86/89)]

Uh oh, here comes the cashing in. High alching all the way, 41K magic longbows await me in the bank by now. Total value of 62976000 gold coins.

Whuffo+Desu.png[/hide]

[hide=99 Construction (80/99)]

If I am right, I should have the cash to buy around 200K oak planks, considering I will have sold the cooked sharks at a price of about 900 each. Of course I cannot know how much money I will have to pay my buttler for exchanging noted oak planks, let's hope I have enough cash to pay for him.

Whuffo+Desu.png[/hide]

Global skill overview to 99:

Here is an overview of all my skills, to have a clear see through how far I am to a 99 skill.

[hide=Entire list... (click here)]

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

Whuffo+Desu.png

[/hide]

Donations:

Donations are notreally needed, but of course it will get you your own spot here with a screenshot.

Hints for donations can be found at "Dreamhouse..." near the top.

[hide=42 molten glass, 133 mahogany planks, etc... by Vulpix Falo]

moltenglass42.jpg

42 molten glass gotten from Vulpix Falo. Also received 133 mahogany planks, 123 teak planks and the 69 bolts of cloth I needed. Thank you! :D [/hide]

[hide=14K, 2 Ruby, etc... by Barts Fart]

bartsfart.jpg

In total I received 14K, 2 ruby, 5 sapphire amulets, 3 emerald amulets, 3 diamond rings and 3 ruby rings from Barts Fart, thank you for your contribution! :)[/hide]

ihavearightfinald5er7be0zb.gif

Friends blogs:

If you want to be mentioned here, be so kind to private message me?

Decebalus6

"The three things you need in life to be happy are friends, freedom, and reflection."

The things I treasure most in life.

Thanks go to:

Here they are!

[hide=The following people, but also to others maybe not mentioned...]

[hide=Vulpix Falo]For donating, helping, and of course being a good friend of mine.[/hide]

[hide=Bifa]For giving motivational advice, and helping me get closer to my dreamhouse![/hide]

[hide=Ukiki4]For being a pain in the behind, but mostly for being there when I'm bored. A good friend.[/hide]

[hide=Bruffel]For being the best example that if you want something, you will get there, with no loss of friendlyness.[/hide]

[hide=Loverjames]For selling that oh so needed 40K flax that will help me get there![/hide]

[hide=Barts Fart]For donating something so I can get my dreamhouse just a little bit faster![/hide]

[hide=Trekofstarsx]For saying my blog is hawt. :shock:

Your blog is hawt. 8-)
[/hide]

And many, many more!

[/hide]

Photobucket:

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j35/whuffodesu/

Last note:

Please don't forget to post anything you would want to say, anything is fine by me. Comments, tips, remarks, pointers in any skill I'm planning to do, motivational tips... Anything!

I have my private chat on, if you care for a chat. Also feel free to join my clan chat, which has always one or two people in there. Anything can be discussed there, from skilling to dueling.

Have fun!

Take your time to post on my blog please!

underbanner_proto.jpg

Open up your hate and let it flow into me, madness is the gift that has been given to me...

Those are some nice goals..

Some of your stats are really great, but some are pretty bad.

I suggest a goal such as all stats 65+, or all stats 70+. It makes your total level look a LOT better.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

ye, but the thing is, i have goals, and i never go off my goals

i think the bad ones just make the good ones look even better? idk, like i said, i dont stop till a goal is done... and i have a lot of goals atm :P

also kinda stubborn :o

im actually doing my farm up with genie lamps and exam books lol but thats an exception :P

underbanner_proto.jpg

Open up your hate and let it flow into me, madness is the gift that has been given to me...

Well when I look at someones' stats, I look at the total level, and if it's like 1000-1500, I think 'oh, they're ok, I guess', but if they're like above 1800, then that just WOWs me.. And with your stats you could get close to there just with the low stats.

And they are easy to level, since they're less exp per each level.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

the thing is, once ive reached my 99 goals, do i need to worry about those anymore? nope

so i can just forget about them, and move onto the next, total lvl doesnt matter for me, also doesnt matter what other people think of my total, i focus on a skill for myself...

why think about what other think of your char? youre the one playing :wink:

underbanner_proto.jpg

wow... that alot of 99 goals :shock: gl on 99 con. its gonna set you down a nice bit -.-

we wont a bank pic ::' :thumbsup:

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

wow... that alot of 99 goals :shock: gl on 99 con. its gonna set you down a nice bit -.-

we wont a bank pic ::' :thumbsup:

well, its just a game :P so the cash wont matter, the 80m in the beginning will be "easy"... its the 80m that follows for my dreamhouse thats my actual goal

think ill do that via making cannonballs... and get my smithing up that way too... well, thats uncertain now, first of all, ill do these goals... should keep me busy for a long time :P

umm a bank pic... lmao its all scattered around, i mean, i got herbs at the beginning, at the end, in the middle, runes between that, second ingredients, seeds, ... <3: chaos, maybe once ive sorted it... whenever that will be lol

atm my bank is a bit "poor" but after ive gotten 99 fletch, and alched the longs, it will be filled with loads of planks lol

underbanner_proto.jpg

great blog. gl on that dream house.

you better be holding a party when you have it... hehehe.

thanks for the post on my blog.

cya

Dedhed100

ill hold a party lol but dont know if ill do once im 99 or like... 98 and having all the material i need for con 99... or just like 1 thing to build lol

12k/20k sharks

underbanner_proto.jpg