Tip.It Times Presents: Buying and Selling

pokemama

wtf :shock: :shock: :shock: , can tip.it get any worse? I really liked the Editor's articles, cause they put a well-thought-out statement, explained things or gave new information. Especially the economy-articles were a revelation to me. I also liked the humor and the good use of language. And most of all, the articles were a good read to anyone, from low- to high lvl players.

Reading this is totally the world upside down. Could I care less about someone's first contact with the rs economy? There exists some very nice beginner's guides as far as I know. One is in the Knowledge base on the RS main site, and the other one can of course be found at the tip.it website. Let this Scaredy Cat read that first, before writing such an article...

I must say that I am a high-lvl player, and really dislike beginning players, or as what most people call em, noobs... Trying to scam, keep begging me for stuff, asking directions to the bank that is a few feet away, or keep asking me 'wc lvls plz' and when I dont respond am immediately called an autoer. Let these people first get a map, stop scamming, make their own money and read about 'putting public chat to off'. And most of all, when you're new, read about what you don't know, or visit the new town criers.

Please tip.it, you've done a great job the past few years, making nice guides, good maps, extensive databases and very useful tools. But don't post such articles anymore. I think most tip.it users, including me, are beyond the stage of noobness and more like all the other things there are to offer. I cant wait to see a new Editor's article...

I think your high level player arrogance has gone to your head. This was not intended as a guide or a how to article but purely one players experience in the game. And what is there to say that this player was a low level...as you call it noob?

There are a lot of high level players who prefer to play the game and not trade. Each to their own in this game I say. And calling a player a noob is like calling the kettle black. We were all there at one stage, and some are still there even at the high levels.

What may seem simple and easy to some, may be harder to others. And being accepting of peoples differences/ages in a game like Runescape makes a persona a better player of the game.

There is nothing wrong with intellectual diversity in the tip.it times and I applaud Tip it for keeping things interesting and different by giving other players the chance to share their experiences.

member=Iwik.pngmember=Pearls.png

"In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems" - The Book of Counted Sorrows

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...I knew that runescape and tip it have been degrading, but seriosly, some of you people need to lighten up. :roll:

Yes they do need to lighten up. I guess that comes with age?

With the share diverseness of age in regard to players in Runescape it clearly shows that a well thought out and humorous article such as Scaredy Cat's went way over the top of some younger peoples heads.

But at least Tip.it times recognises this and writes articles for all the demographics.

member=Iwik.pngmember=Pearls.png

"In the real world as in dreams, nothing is quite what it seems" - The Book of Counted Sorrows

I loved it!! =D>

The article took me back to the days when I was very new to the game, and yes, I tried to sell un noted coal as well. Lucky it was in a quiet bank, and the buyer was nice enough to teach me how to withdraw noted coal. I have since learnt a lot about the game, yet still quake at going to world 1 or 2 to buy or sell things.

Well done "Scaredy Cat", and thanks Tipit for publishing a fun read. It had me rofling IRL! :D

shey.png

wtf :shock: :shock: :shock: , can tip.it get any worse? I really liked the Editor's articles, cause they put a well-thought-out statement, explained things or gave new information. Especially the economy-articles were a revelation to me. I also liked the humor and the good use of language. And most of all, the articles were a good read to anyone, from low- to high lvl players.

Reading this is totally the world upside down. Could I care less about someone's first contact with the rs economy? There exists some very nice beginner's guides as far as I know. One is in the Knowledge base on the RS main site, and the other one can of course be found at the tip.it website. Let this Scaredy Cat read that first, before writing such an article...

I must say that I am a high-lvl player, and really dislike beginning players, or as what most people call em, noobs... Trying to scam, keep begging me for stuff, asking directions to the bank that is a few feet away, or keep asking me 'wc lvls plz' and when I dont respond am immediately called an autoer. Let these people first get a map, stop scamming, make their own money and read about 'putting public chat to off'. And most of all, when you're new, read about what you don't know, or visit the new town criers.

Please tip.it, you've done a great job the past few years, making nice guides, good maps, extensive databases and very useful tools. But don't post such articles anymore. I think most tip.it users, including me, are beyond the stage of noobness and more like all the other things there are to offer. I cant wait to see a new Editor's article...

I think your high level player arrogance has gone to your head. This was not intended as a guide or a how to article but purely one players experience in the game. And what is there to say that this player was a low level...as you call it noob?

There are a lot of high level players who prefer to play the game and not trade. Each to their own in this game I say. And calling a player a noob is like calling the kettle black. We were all there at one stage, and some are still there even at the high levels.

What may seem simple and easy to some, may be harder to others. And being accepting of peoples differences/ages in a game like Runescape makes a persona a better player of the game.

There is nothing wrong with intellectual diversity in the tip.it times and I applaud Tip it for keeping things interesting and different by giving other players the chance to share their experiences.

:thumbsup: =D>

Well said Kiwi.

Runescape is not all about high levels and nor is Tip.It. Neither are they here just for those who have played since the beginning of time. RS can be quite daunting even after you've read the Knowledge base; remember once upon a time there was no knowledge base, not everyone knew of fan sites, you had to rely on the good nature of more experienced players.

This article was a sweet nice and funny change of pace. It brought back memories of my first trade (and yes I made the same mistake).

Well done Scaredy Cat.

Helios

Helios_Gamos.png

Quod liet ingratum est; Quod non licet acrius urit.

I don't get why people don't like this...

It has nothing to do about making revelations about Runescape, it's made for you to laugh :roll:

And it worked for me :D

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!