Tip.It Times Presents: Buying and Selling

pokemama

It was released along with tele other spells..... I did not know about that one for along time either.

Aww. I was hoping it would be more than just that. The fact it has its very own button in the interface makes it seem... important and one of those "Ooo what does this button do? *press*" things lol. :(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide= spoiler]

It's a new entice-the-noobs-into-negotiating-and-put-them-off-selling trick, that's what it was! I swore and muttered bad things under my breath as each trader declined me and nobody could tell me what I was doing wrong.

[/hide]

That happens to me all the time! :evil: :wall: :x

One of these days im going to find their houses and burn them alive!! :twisted: (too violent?)

Cube_by_Abfc.gif

untihf5.jpg

69827172ou0.jpg

When you mentioned the Dragon Plates I had a sudden vision of a load of gangsters running around in fancy dress yealling "Grim Reaper in da hood!"

not to be rude..but anyone who really "hated" this article has little or no sense of humor. if you didn't catch on to the fact that this was clearly meant for laughs and not much else, then...well i don't even know what to say. I, for one, enjoyed the shift from the completely-serious-lets-find-something-about-runescape-to-discuss type of articles.

Kudos to mr. or mrs. scaredy cat, whoever you may be o_O

sfunk_89.jpg

sfunk_89.jpg

This article was alright. The humor was fun to read at points, but there wasn't anything too special about this article. It just seemed like I was reliving the days where I didn't know anything about the game at all. Was it humorous? At times, yes, this article was enjoyable. I just miss the actual serious, well thought out articles. There have been some lately, but with The Editor's "disapperance" I have to agree that the interesting articles have decreased.

Personal insults are wrong! :shame: Misplacedme is doing a wonderful job. As time goes on, the ammount of interesting topics decreases due to them already being used in an article. It is definetely a hard job to think of an interesting topic every week or so for an article. Misplacedme is also in charge of the site I am sure you use. That site is up and running because of the quick work of him and the crew. Without them, this site would be nothing. He is a great Crew Leader. Give the guy a break. Until you step in his shoes, you will never know how much pressure and stress he is recieving because of Tip.It. He is a regular person just like you or me. He doesn't get paid for all this, he is strictly offering his time for a game he no longer plays anymore. (according to what he said in a post) That is very noble of him in my opinion. Keep it up Misplacedme!

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

Wow...I knew that runescape and tip it have been degrading, but seriosly, some of you people need to lighten up. :roll:

This article was a funny look at a new persons lessons in trading. I am sure everyone here was a noob at one time, not knowing everything about runescape. I personaly like this article, i think it pays to relax and lighten up a bit with some clean humer. =D>

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Great article, good read.

Nice to remember my first visit to world 1, i was a little smarter then that but its meant to be a fun read.

One of my runescape friends is a little like that he always has to ask me prices and stuff.

P2p: 135 F2p: 124 as of July 29, 09.

P2p: 137 F2p: 126 as of September 25, 11.

mythshadows.gif

I find it ironic that the first article was about how childish RuneScape is becoming, while the second one is essentially teaching new, young players how to trade...

Then again, I didn't know about the Hide Chat thing.

wtf :shock: :shock: :shock: , can tip.it get any worse? I really liked the Editor's articles, cause they put a well-thought-out statement, explained things or gave new information. Especially the economy-articles were a revelation to me. I also liked the humor and the good use of language. And most of all, the articles were a good read to anyone, from low- to high lvl players.

Reading this is totally the world upside down. Could I care less about someone's first contact with the rs economy? There exists some very nice beginner's guides as far as I know. One is in the Knowledge base on the RS main site, and the other one can of course be found at the tip.it website. Let this Scaredy Cat read that first, before writing such an article...

I must say that I am a high-lvl player, and really dislike beginning players, or as what most people call em, noobs... Trying to scam, keep begging me for stuff, asking directions to the bank that is a few feet away, or keep asking me 'wc lvls plz' and when I dont respond am immediately called an autoer. Let these people first get a map, stop scamming, make their own money and read about 'putting public chat to off'. And most of all, when you're new, read about what you don't know, or visit the new town criers.

Please tip.it, you've done a great job the past few years, making nice guides, good maps, extensive databases and very useful tools. But don't post such articles anymore. I think most tip.it users, including me, are beyond the stage of noobness and more like all the other things there are to offer. I cant wait to see a new Editor's article...

thanks for saving me time. exactly the things i was going to say

and ^you should write an artical :wink:

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

P.S. How come the Tip.It Times topic's been moved to this board? The General Discussion Board is the better place, IMO. Many MANY more people use that board, and the discussion topic on that board alerts forum users to the new Times being published. If you leave it here, you won't get the traffic you normally get. Just my opinion.

Moved :-)

As for the posting of multiple articles within a day of each other, it was a simple miscommunication/timing snafu. We weren't about to pull an article once it was posted so you all got a two-fer.

Replies made that are not directly related to the content of this article have been removed. Please stay on topic.

- Ard

kinda didnt relate to this..... i just learned from watching other people sell/buy and other junk like that. allthough HOW i make my own money was not at all on my own but i did MAKE it on my own. confusing article.

anybody else miss the editorÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿ :cry:

where the hell did he go :-s

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

I'm *still* a "noob" when it comes to merchanting items for money. Usually, I'm on the buying end to get supplies for training skills. Even now, I still have the trade mentality that Scaredy-Cat was writing about. Did I type out my trade announcement correctly? Will I get reported to item scamming? There's a whole lot of other questions that go through your mind when you're an inexperienced merchanter.

OFF-TOPIC:

I'm also a bit pieved at the fact that many high-level items such as the reknown Abyssal Whip and Barrows Armor sets are owned by people who bought them instead of using their wit, skill and luck to obtain them. What happened to the unique and untradable items that distinguished the wheat from the chaff? And I'm not talking about Skill Capes, even though they *are* a good way to distinguish a player but even those are becoming common-place.

Maybe they need to introduce more items that are near impossible to obtain from a mini-game or another game mechanism and make them untradeable! That way, all the high-level players who are inclined to get this said item will have something to make them unique in a crowd.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

basically it was about a dude who was afraid to buy stuff then afraid of a bank note that says 1k cow hides.

this was a pretty sad article compared to the one before it. the one before it spoke so much truth. this one is some bad fanfic

i know a person like that, not on rs though, but on another game... just scared to go interact with people to get items, thinking he will get scammed, it happened once, on his first trade ever lol, now hes afraid :shock: hope that doesnt happen to me, he will get over it... time heals wounds

Take your time to post on my blog please!

underbanner_proto.jpg

Open up your hate and let it flow into me, madness is the gift that has been given to me...

Yeah, it's good when you've got more experienced friends goading you into pushing your limits. I randomly discovered the game and knew no one when I started, though I've turned out all right. Now however, I have family and friends whom I've gotten hooked on the game; all of whom turn to me when they need a quick answer.

My point is, though it may be daunting learning new things like merchanting, it always helps to have a friend who is good at it explaining i to you.

barrowsmsmithcape,craz%20is%20evil.gif

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who know binary and those who don't.

This reminds me of something...

Perhaps it would be nice to have a guide/map on where to be to buy/sell which items in world 1 and 2?

I play runescape for 2 years now, and i still have to bug a more experienced friend about where to stand to buy or sell something in such a world.

He once pointed out to me that there was a corner for herbs and potions, and a place for runes and arrows and such.

On the topic of this article, i kinda liked it. Everyone had to start once, and i'm usually glad to help people get started. I just try to get them started by telling them things like: "to find the bank, open the world map, and look at where to find the bank sign there"

and "if you want to know how to get started on farming, check the manual, you can find that at the main page... etc"

Most people don't even know there is such a wealth of information to be found so easily, i know it took me a while!

ROTFLMAO @ selling coal un-noted.

Notes are used for two reasons:

1. To make a single trade of a large number of items

2. To carry a large stock of items, even if only traded a few at a time.

Strikes a chord with me though as I'm a rare trader (no, I don't trade rares, it's rare for me to trade). Sooner be working on skills or combat than battling through the cacophony of the trade worlds.

I generally buy items that I can't make or get, and skill supplies only if cheap.

As for selling, I'm not at a level to make finished items worth trading (other than the odd bit of Mithril smithing to order) and I'll generally be using any supplies myself rather than trading them, though maybe getting into the bar smithing trade may be worth a shot.

The exception, on pures and early on, if I need to upgrade equipment, then it's all out for trade resources, pumping them for value rather than XP.

That was...decidedly odd. I must say I liked the old weekly ones from the Editor much better than these letters. If we are going to have the letters they should at least have some point. This was one of the most pointless, strange things I have read in a long time.

Knowledge is power.

Power corrupts.

Study hard, be evil.

not to be rude..but anyone who really "hated" this article has little or no sense of humor. if you didn't catch on to the fact that this was clearly meant for laughs and not much else, then...well i don't even know what to say. I, for one, enjoyed the shift from the completely-serious-lets-find-something-about-runescape-to-discuss type of articles.

Kudos to mr. or mrs. scaredy cat, whoever you may be o_O

Ditto^

I loved the article and had a good laugh over it. Im pretty sure thats the whole point of posting it in the first place; for our amusement.

I my self find the markets in game a living hell and rather go to the dentist then to do trades. Its not only giving me a headache but its also draining!

I do remember when I started out a few years ago, how confusing it all was and I didnt know about Tip.It. I was to scared to go to different sites since I was worried about viruses and stuff, and I know thats how many newcomers feel too - hence the general confusion amongst them about this and that. We all been there, theres no need to act arrogant and sophisticated towards the newcomers like some of you do. Just calling others "Noob" says more about the name-caller really :wink:

And to all the sourpusses that posted their displeasure over this letter; lighten up please. Its not like you have contributed your self with great posts or articles on Tip.It :roll:

rejna.png

- "I am willing to die...I mean try" - Jewelfire (Want to go bossing?)
-"we tried, we cried and we died!" - Limparse (What happens to old farts and tarts on monster-hunts)
- "...and we found out that there are as many ways to get to warriors guild
...as there are elders trying to get there" - Lysi
*snods agely* sorry... *nods sagely* - Brammy

-"Equality is being treated the SAME as everyone else;

not having special treatment and unique things added in to everything." - Sy_Accursed