Soft Drugs: What gives?

venomai

Although I'm against all drug use by anyone(sorry, just how I am), this is a convincing article. However, you have to be aware that things can often get laced in with any drugs, including "soft" drugs. Plus, as the government does not regulate drugs, people could do anything to it without your knowledge, giving a generally unknown amount of physical harm and mental and/or physical addiction.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time
Quite simply, Facebook craps on Myspace. Then makes it eat the crap.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unoalexi,

You say hippie like it's a bad thing? You claim it hurts my brain - I am a regular user of weed and psychotropics, yet I and many like me excell physically as well as academically. Even if it did harm my brain (which it hasn't), that's my choice right? You can show me all the government-funded evidence you like, it and anything else won't change my opinion that I have the right to do to myself whatever I like as long as it does not obstruct the freedoms of others. Fear yet again, the way you cast the image of everyone drugged up running around in chaos is far from what reality would be. You don't encounter many people who claim that they really really really wanna do pot but they won't cause it's illegal - if someone wants to do it, they will, legal OR illegal.

We are the consumers in an increasingly corporate world. The difference between me and you Unoalexi is that I am not for sale. I take everything the government says with a grain of salt. If you trully believe that drone workers who don't question authority are what's needed for a free and prosperous nation then I feel bad for you. The definition of freedom got lost somewhere in the rubble of 9/11.

Hey.

You don't go to a guy and say "I need an ounce of tobacco, man!", there are no "tobacco pushers", lol.

This is a good example of how legalization gets rid of the whole criminal culture and gangster element. Once marijuana is legalized, it will be just as ridiculous to approach a shady guy and say "I need an ounce of marijuana, man!"

Although I'm against all drug use by anyone(sorry, just how I am), this is a convincing article. However, you have to be aware that things can often get laced in with any drugs, including "soft" drugs. Plus, as the government does not regulate drugs, people could do anything to it without your knowledge, giving a generally unknown amount of physical harm and mental and/or physical addiction.

You mean, if we stop prohibition and legalize it, people could go to parties and put it in the fruit juice, and we could call it "[bleep]ing the punch"?

Oh wait...

wwidas6.jpg

Unoalexi,

You say hippie like it's a bad thing? You claim it hurts my brain - I am a regular user of weed and psychotropics, yet I and many like me excell physically as well as academically. Even if it did harm my brain (which it hasn't), that's my choice right? You can show me all the government-funded evidence you like, it and anything else won't change my opinion that I have the right to do to myself whatever I like as long as it does not obstruct the freedoms of others. Fear yet again, the way you cast the image of everyone drugged up running around in chaos is far from what reality would be. You don't encounter many people who claim that they really really really wanna do pot but they won't cause it's illegal - if someone wants to do it, they will, no matter what legality it falls under.

We are the consumers in an increasingly corporate world. The difference between me and you Unoalexi is that I am not for sale. I take everything the government says with a grain of salt. If you trully believe that drone workers who don't question authority are what's needed for a free and prosperous nation then I feel bad for you. The definition of freedom got lost somewhere in the rubble of 9/11.

Drugs do not equal freedom! I literally laughed my [wagon] off when you said this! You simply become a slave to the drug dealers and the criminals that supply you with your 'fix'!

Hippes are a good thing, however if we were all hippies, nothing would get done! We'd sit in drum circles and smoke pot all day, while the drug dealers and mobsters controlled our government.

Pot makes you slow and thoughtless, my friend! If half the population was high, the government could do basically whatever it wished, while supplying the *cough* anti-depressants *cough* that kept the masses perfectly content! Perhaps you are secretly for the government you so utterly despise..?

It's great that you take whatever the government tells you 'with a grain of salt', yet your so trusting of drugs! The government is a problem that needs to be fixed, but at least it won't kill you!

I get all my information(mostly) from Wikipedia, which is non-profit.

Pot addicted fools are highly less likely to question authority. The way your think your 'rebellion' against the government by doing drugs matters highly amuses me. How about doing something more productive, like organizing a protest for the invasion of Iran? Trust me, it will have a greater impact on the government that seeing funny colors for twenty minutes.

Yes, I can't force you not to do drugs. It's your choice to ruin your life.

et I and many like me excell physically as well as academically.

Prove it! :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Heres the plan folks.. here the plan

we're going to grow fields of weed..

vast field for thousands of square miles

then we're going to stockpile it.

we're going to stock pile it and put it all in a giant pile.

that giant pile will go over mount. st. helens.

We'll then trigger the volcano to erupt,

the giant pile will secrete so much THC into the atmosphere it will get everyone stoned

Then everyone will get the munchies..

And boy will they get the munchies.

after all we grew fields of some crazy high concentrated THC weed.

But any who, everyone has the munchies

People in Ethiopia turn to cannibals and the swedes' eat all their chocolate and cheese one day and die of the oh so deadly sin of self indulgence.

other people around the world run out of food because they are so baked.and eat everything

The THC stays in the atmosphere for several weeks

We then all die because the world is barren of food.

The only people who survive are the people who locked themselves in the Cheeto's and Dortios factory.

However, you have to be aware that things can often get laced in with any drugs, including "soft" drugs. Plus, as the government does not regulate drugs, people could do anything to it without your knowledge, giving a generally unknown amount of physical harm and mental and/or physical addiction.

Yep, you've got a point there. Lacing, although it's pretty rare, is a real risk when taking any illicit drug. As you've mentioned, this risk could be avoided with regulation and control.

Playing a sport simply doesn't compare to the lethal effects of drugs, it's in a completely different category.

They are both recreational activities that are equally as non-lethal (in the sense that neither is very capable of causing death). I would say they compare just fine. Feel free to contradict me with some reasoning.

Exactly. All drugs HARM you. Even the prescription ones- they have 'side effects'.

Yea, a lot of drugs have negative side effects, but it's assumed that these effects are less problematic than the issues you encounter without the help of the drug.

Although, I would never consider side effects like headaches, weakness or fatigue "harmful". :-s

Such a sad waste of a seventeen year old brain. It's all down hill from here, my friend. Good luck with your life.

Thanks for the encouraging words, friend.

I'm not addicted to drugs and I won't become addicted any time soon. As I've said, I'm not a heavy user and I feel no reason to be.

Prove it! :roll:

Nice addition for somebody who has failed to provide any sort of evidence to any of their claims.

i think I'm gonna drop acid over thanksgiving or xmas break

15$ a hit

I'll let you all know how my trip goes.

Venomai, if you have msn send me a PM

I'd like to discuss.

You simply become a slave to the drug dealers and the criminals that supply you with your 'fix'!

You really sound like you're mixing up hard and soft drugs. :-s

It's great that you take whatever the government tells you 'with a grain of salt', yet your so trusting of drugs! The government is a problem that needs to be fixed, but at least it won't kill you!

I'm not very trusting of drugs. I wouldn't try a new substance without thoroughly researching it first and deeming it safe to use.

Pot makes you slow and thoughtless, my friend!

I guess you've never been high. Most people are extremely thoughtful when they're stoned.

If half the population was high, the government could do basically whatever it wished, while supplying the *cough* anti-depressants *cough* that kept the masses perfectly content!

Even if the entire population was in a permanent state of being high (which is impossible as your body builds a rapid tolerance to the drug) citizens wouldn't let the government do "whatever it wished". You still have control while high.

Most people feel very relaxed and peaceful while high. If everyone was perma-high there would be far less wars, abuse and other horrors that come with sobriety.

i think I'm gonna drop acid over thanksgiving or xmas break

15$ a hit

I'll let you all know how my trip goes.

Sounds like a blast. Make sure you're ready for it. Good luck and have a safe trip. ;)

Oh my god. Why is everyone on tif so pro-drugs? Seriously, my cousin almost died because of his marijuana addiction. Now he has serious mental problems because of your so-called 'harmless' drug. I'm not taking this from the bloody media here, I'm taking this from a personal loss. He was a decent guy, but now he's messed up.

Good luck with your bloody weed. I'm not taking it, and I suggest you do too.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Weed is harmful when used irresponsibly. So are sugars, caffeine, saturated fats and pretty much everything out there. Over here weed is freely available eight hours a day, six days a week, yet for some reason the streets aren't littered with stoners. Maybe there's a chance that people are actually smart enough to use them responsibly. Oddly enough the whole reason they're working on banning magic mushrooms is because of foreigners coming over to buy them here and use them in an irresponsible way.

You see, I think drugs have done some good things for us. I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor. Go home tonight. Take all your albums, all your tapes and all your CDs and burn them. 'Cause you know what, the musicians that made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ rrreal [bleep]ing high on drugs. The Beatles were so [bleep]ing high they let Ringo sing a few tunes.

Oh my god. Why is everyone on tif so pro-drugs? Seriously, my cousin almost died because of his marijuana addiction. Now he has serious mental problems because of your so-called 'harmless' drug. I'm not taking this from the bloody media here, I'm taking this from a personal loss. He was a decent guy, but now he's messed up.

1+ -.-

Seriously people, what do I have to say!!

Even if the entire population was in a permanent state of being high (which is impossible as your body builds a rapid tolerance to the drug) citizens wouldn't let the government do "whatever it wished". You still have control while high.

No, you don't have control over you actions! That is what makes getting high so dangerous!

Most people feel very relaxed and peaceful while high. If everyone was perma-high there would be far less wars, abuse and other horrors that come with sobriety.

guess you've never been high. Most people are extremely thoughtful when they're stoned

The key term is most people! Drugs affect everyone differently and in different ways! It absolutely disgusts me that you claim 'Oh, look at me, I get good grades and stuff. Drugs don't harm you man, they help you! Here, try some LSD and we''ll talk about it over pm"! How do you know how drugs will affect that person!? They may even die from this 'recreational' activity!

I'm not very trusting of drugs. I wouldn't try a new substance without thoroughly researching it first and deeming it safe to use.

Yet you completely ignore the health risks and effects, while peddling them to your friends..

You really sound like you're mixing up hard and soft drugs

Both you can get addicted to and are hazardous to your health. Wow, what a difference! :roll:

..non-lethal (in the sense that neither is very capable of causing death).

You have got to be kidding me! Didn't you pay any attention to your drug education programs at school!? Or are they simply lying because they are part of the 'man'

'

From http://www.brown.edu/Student_Services/H ... ijuana.htm

Are there short-term dangers of smoking marijuana?

Discomforts associated with smoking marijuana include dry mouth, dry eyes, increased heart rate and visible signs of intoxication such as bloodshot eyes and puffy eyelids. Other problems include:

* Impaired memory and ability to learn

* Difficulty thinking and problem solving

* Anxiety attacks or feelings of paranoia

* Impaired muscle coordination and judgment

* Increased susceptibility to infections

* Dangerous impairment of driving skills. Studies show that it impairs braking time, attention to traffic signals and other driving behaviors.

* Cardiac problems for people with heart disease or high blood pressure, because marijuana increases the heart rate

Thanks for the encouraging words, friend.

I'm not addicted to drugs and I won't become addicted any time soon. As I've said, I'm not a heavy user and I feel no reason to be.

It is merely a stepping stone, especially when you compare using drugs to partaking in sports.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Are there short-term dangers of smoking marijuana?

Discomforts associated with smoking marijuana include dry mouth, dry eyes, increased heart rate and visible signs of intoxication such as bloodshot eyes and puffy eyelids. Other problems include:

* Impaired memory and ability to learn

* Difficulty thinking and problem solving

* Anxiety attacks or feelings of paranoia

* Impaired muscle coordination and judgment

* Increased susceptibility to infections

* Dangerous impairment of driving skills. Studies show that it impairs braking time, attention to traffic signals and other driving behaviors.

* Cardiac problems for people with heart disease or high blood pressure, because marijuana increases the heart rate

That's exactly what my cousin had! I'm glad tif isn't completely pro-drugs and some of us retain the slightest piece of decency.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

So now my decency as a human being is shot to hell simply because I occasionally do drugs? That last line really sums up the problems I have with the anti-drug propaganda spewers.

So now my decency as a human being is shot to hell simply because I occasionally do drugs? That last line really sums up the problems I have with the anti-drug propaganda spewers.

I agree. I do not do drugs, nor do I feel any desire to, but that doesn't mean I'm going to condemn everyone who does just because biased programs like DARE have tried to tell me that everything about drugs is bad. That is an incredibly shallow and one-sided view. If you're going to say that you think all drugs are bad, fine, but don't go around spewing the crap that drug educational programs put out there if you want to sound credible. They are little more than guidelines for younger children who are not mature enough to use drugs responsibly and should rightly be prevented from using them. I see no problem with older and more mature people using drugs sparingly and knowing the risks. And yes, there is a definite line between hard and soft drugs. And soft drugs are what this topic is about, and that the mature users are the ones who know that these drugs are far less harmful than others and therefore choose them over crack and heroin.

p2gq.jpg

I have a question for all these people arguing against the legalization or marijuana, how old are you?

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

At the end of the day guys, soft drug use is a private act which doesn't hurt anybody else. No one here is particularly advocating or encouraging it, just saying look beyond the media and propoganda for your facts. Just because you don't do drugs doesn't mean you have to slander all drug users.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

I agree. I do not do drugs, nor do I feel any desire to, but that doesn't mean I'm going to condemn everyone who does just because biased programs like DARE have tried to tell me that everything about drugs is bad. That is an incredibly shallow and one-sided view. If you're going to say that you think all drugs are bad, fine, but don't go around spewing the crap that drug educational programs put out there if you want to sound credible. They are little more than guidelines for younger children who are not mature enough to use drugs responsibly and should rightly be prevented from using them. I see no problem with older and more mature people using drugs sparingly and knowing the risks. And yes, there is a definite line between hard and soft drugs. And soft drugs are what this topic is about, and that the mature users are the ones who know that these drugs are far less harmful than others and therefore choose them over crack and heroin.

What will_homes said was COMPLETELY out of line. I'm not going to condemn you for your usage of drugs, but I personally wouldn't use them because of the health risks. Yes, DARE is somewhat of a scare-tactic program, but the facts it presents are completely accurate. Drugs are dangerous for minors to use, especially teenagers. What responsible adults do with their own time is none of my business, yet you simply can't ignore the health hazards and risks, or pretend that they don't exist.

I have a question for all these people arguing against the legalization or marijuana, how old are you?

..My age is relevant because?

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

1+ -.-

Seriously people, what do I have to say!!

+2

+2

+2

+4

+5

Honestly. It's not that hard to understand. Drugs are different for everyone. You may not feel bad while on them, but for the next guy, they can have seriously harmful effects. 99% of the time drugs do harm you. They do kill brain cells every time you use them.

Plus, anything that is smoked is always bad for you. Anything burning creates carbon monoxide. Last I checked, that's not exactly good for you -.- .

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

The spelling and grammar of that email was that of an 11 year old palestinian goatboy who is speaking english for the first time

..My age is relevant because?

More often than not the people arguing against it are people in middle/high school who are parroting anti-drug propaganda they get shoved down their throat every day. Your opinions will change on a lot of things as you get older.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

They do kill brain cells every time you use them.

This is another main point used by anti-marijuana campaigners. The actual point is that in certain animal experiments, structural changes occured within the cells, not actual destructon, with extremely high doses of pot (we're talking more than any human could consume within 12 hours.) The National Centre for Toxological Research did an experiment where they exposed monkeys to pot every day for a year, and found no such brain cell damage. The only "danger" that I actually agree is true is short term memory loss in HEAVY users after 3-4 months of abstinence. Look at alcohol, when you wake up in the morning you can have no idea what happened the night before - but that isn't viewed negatively in that case.

Plus, anything that is smoked is always bad for you. Anything burning creates carbon monoxide. Last I checked, that's not exactly good for you

Ever heard of a vaporizer?

Unoalexi,

Let's get some facts straight. Half the stuff you read about marijuana on government websites is simply not true. You have FULL control over your actions, it isn't a trip. The fact is, in schools lies are told and scare tactics are used. Discouraging drug use in children is REALLY important, but that shouldn't be done via providing untrue information that is designed to simply scare children away from it rather than educate them.

You cannot die from marijuana. 100% impossible. On the DEA website it lists under every drug a subcategory informing us of the dosage needed for toxic effects to take place, ie overdose. There is no such listing for marijuana. The national comission for drug and marijuana abuse stated in 1972 that "A careful search of the literature and testimony of the nation's health officials has not revealed a single human fatality in the United States proven to have resulted solely from ingestion of marihuana." Yet you seem so quick to state that it can kill you?

You are confusing weed with opioids such as codeine and diacetymorphine (heroin). Despite what you may think, there is a substantial difference. If you want the REAL facts then go to the neutral scientific research websites that are neither funded by the government or pro-marijuana activists.

Can you just answer me one question, straight up?

Why should it be illegal for me to use marijuana at home for purely recreational private consumption? Who does that harm other than myself?

Hey.

I'm very sorry to hear about your cousin, will.

I've said it before; marijuana is not suitable for everyone. It's a very powerful drug. There are people who can get addicted to it. Reactions can vary, sometimes for the worse.

The key term is most people! Drugs affect everyone differently and in different ways! It absolutely disgusts me that you claim 'Oh, look at me, I get good grades and stuff. Drugs don't harm you man, they help you! Here, try some LSD and we''ll talk about it over pm"! How do you know how drugs will affect that person!?

You're right, everyone's reaction is different. That's why I'm not saying "everyone go try drugs" -- I'm saying "change your opinion on drugs" and "if you use them, use them responsibly".

Drugs are not a 'toy' and I realize that. If you want to take drugs, you have to be mentally and physically prepared. If you are prepared and responsible, then all I can say is good luck and have fun.

Yet you completely ignore the health risks and effects, while peddling them to your friends..

I'm not sure where you get that idea... :-k I'm the first to tell people of the risks involved in taking drugs.

You have got to be kidding me! Didn't you pay any attention to your drug education programs at school!? Or are they simply lying because they are part of the 'man'

I paid attention. It taught me that LSD, shrooms and marijuana are fatal to take and easy to overdose on. It taught me that these drugs are extremely addictive. It also taught me that alcohol is not considered a "drug" and should not be compared to other drugs because it simply "isn't the same".

Since then, I've done my own research. I've realized that there is a fine line between soft drugs and hard drugs, a line they failed to mention in school. I realized that alcohol is a very dangerous drug, one far more physically harmful and addicting than marijuana. I've also realized that overdose is near-impossible on soft drugs. What's more, I've realized that many soft drugs have generally low addiction rates and most users don't have too much trouble quitting. I realized that caffeine is more addicting than marijuana.

I realized that maybe drugs, although they do pose certain risks, weren't quite as bad as everyone was saying they were.

I think it's time for some sources. If you haven't already read my first post, I suggest you do.

-------------------------------------

Marijuana...

Most users quit:

Yes, there's that word again: "most". This means that there are exceptions. People with addicting personalities, people who abuse the drug, and people who are not prepared to take the drug could very well become addicted to it.

However, the majority of the population does not have much trouble quitting. A study in Amsterdam showed that 90% of cannabis users were able to quit.[1]

Less addicting than caffeine:

Although we wouldn't say marijuana is not addicting, it's shown to be less addicting than other legal commodoties such as alcohol, nicotine or caffeine.[2][3] There are around 170 million caffeine addicts in the US alone. Caffeine can also leave some pretty nasty withdrawal symptoms.[4a] What's more, caffeine-induced psychosis is a very real danger that most people fail to realize.[4b]

Caffeine is a drug that's not only legal but also very socially accepted. A lot of people "laugh off" their caffeine addiction, even though it is a serious drug problem. There are a lot of parents who worry about their children becoming addicted to marijuana but at the same time fail to consider the consequences of giving them caffeine.

As I've mentioned in the IDoser thread... Numerous studies have shown that marijuana's physical harm is quite low, especially when used responsibly.

No reported lung/airway damage:

In the article BBC News: Cannabis 'safer than alcohol and tobacco', World Health Organization researchers found:

"... marijuana smoke did not lead to blocked airways or emphysema or impact on lung function ..."

No solid link to lung cancer:

A number of studies have shown that lung cancer isn't linked to smoking marijuana. Even heavy smokers show no immediate rise in cancer risks.

[5][6]

No damage to the immune system:

This claim was introduced when extremely high (near-fatal) doses were seen to impair the immune system in animals. However, studies show that regular or even heavy use of marijuana in humans has no effect on the immune system.[7][8] A 1988 study has shown that marijuana actually slightly contributes to the effectiveness of the immune system.[9]

Marijuana death rate is low:

There have been zero documented deaths directly due to marijuana consumption. It's nearly impossible to overdose on marijuana. That's not to say marijuana has never killed, though. Between 1997 and 2005 there were around 280 cannabis-related deaths in the U.S.[10] Personally, I feel that many of these injuries can be avoided by legalization and responsible use.

With over 25.4 million U.S. marijuana users in 2005 [11] and an average of 35 deaths per year, that's around 0.0001% dying indirectly from cannabis. According to the same study, you are over 8 times more likely to die from Viagra than from marijuana.

Note: Many European smokers "patch" their joints with tobacco from cigarettes, which could certainly give rise to some of these negative physical effects. This is done far less often in North America. I avoid smoking patched joints as I know how harmful they can be to my health.

Mental Illness Risks:

Psychological risks are a completely different matter. Many sources claim that cannabis can trigger psychosis in certain individuals.[12]

Also, since oral cannabis tends to give much stronger effects, some users may experience a "bad trip" (short-term psychosis).[13]

I don't doubt this, I've seen a few bad trips in my day and I've even experienced some anxiety and paranoia while smoking. I'm sure that a "bad trip" or any similar traumatic experience (drug-induced or not) could easily trigger psychosis in susceptible individuals. Like I've said many times before, those with a history of mental illness should stay well away from mind-altering drugs.

However, it's worth noting that many of these findings have been strongly criticized. I'm not totally convinced either way, but here are some contradicting articles worth a read.

http://www.illinoisnorml.org/content/view/510/27/

http://www.stats.org/stories/2007/do_sk ... r27_07.htm

A couple interesting quotes:

"For individuals, the current evidence suggests, at worst, that using cannabis increases lifetime risk of developing schizophrenia by one percent"

"increased rates of cannabis use in the last thirty years have not been accompanied by a corresponding increase in the rate of psychosis in the population"

TheTrueNoob: I have not, but I would guess that a "vaporizer" vaporizes, not burns... Nowhere in my post did I say marijuana is deadly, only that it kills brain cells. And in that, I admit, I was wrong, it harms them, affecting their ability to function, mostly in the memory department.

Please don't go psycho on my and provide random facts that have nothing to do with my post.

asigthegodofsoupzz0.gif

Unoalexi,

Let's get some facts straight. Half the stuff you read about marijuana on government websites is simply not true. You have FULL control over your actions, it isn't a trip. The fact is, in schools lies are told and scare tactics are used. Discouraging drug use in children is REALLY important, but that shouldn't be done via providing untrue information that is designed to simply scare children away from it rather than educate them.

Once again, you DO NOT have control over your actions while your high! That's why people get high- it makes them feel extremely good and they see and feel extraordinary things! Yet, while they're feeling this, they loose control over themselves and their actions- one on the main reasons that you should never smoke marijuana while driving.

You cannot die from marijuana. 100% impossible. On the DEA website it lists under every drug a subcategory informing us of the dosage needed for toxic effects to take place, ie overdose. There is no such listing for marijuana. The national comission for drug and marijuana abuse stated in 1972 that "A careful search of the literature and testimony of the nation's health officials has not revealed a single human fatality in the United States proven to have resulted solely from ingestion of marihuana." Yet you seem so quick to state that it can kill you?

Anything can kill you, even water. Nothing is EVER 100% certain! Like I said, drugs affect different people differently, some (people with heart disease) may get heart attacks from marijuana because their heart can handle so much stress! Not everything is documented.. If I was a person seriously addicted to marijuana, I won't want to report my problems to the authorities for fear of being arrested.

You are confusing weed with opioids such as codeine and diacetymorphine (heroin). Despite what you may think, there is a substantial difference. If you want the REAL facts then go to the neutral scientific research websites that are neither funded by the government or pro-marijuana activists.

Name one such site that is not biased.

Can you just answer me one question, straight up?

Why should it be illegal for me to use marijuana at home for purely recreational private consumption? Who does that harm other than myself?

What will_homes said was COMPLETELY out of line. I'm not going to condemn you for your usage of drugs, but I personally wouldn't use them because of the health risks. Yes, DARE is somewhat of a scare-tactic program, but the facts it presents are completely accurate. Drugs are dangerous for minors to use, especially teenagers. What responsible adults do with their own time is none of my business, yet you simply can't ignore the health hazards and risks, or pretend that they don't exist.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Once again, you DO NOT have control over your actions while your high! That's why people get high- it makes them feel extremely good and they see and feel extraordinary things! Yet, while they're feeling this, they loose control over themselves and their actions- one on the main reasons that you should never smoke marijuana while driving.

You're getting confused. I can tell you from personal experience that while stoned you do have control of yourself and your actions. You just sit there laughing for a while and get real hungry. This whole sham of blacking out and murdering your entire family is a typical example of reefer madness type bullcrap that self-righteous Fox news watchers keep barraging the general population with. In response to your statement above: if weed was legal there would be laws against DUI, just as there are for alcohol.

Name one such site that isn't biased

http://www.sciam.com - provides research supporting both sides of the story.

If I was a person seriously addicted to marijuana, I won't want to report my problems to the authorities for fear of being arrested.

Why would you report it to the authorities? Haven't you heard of a doctor or help group? The police would just send you there, they can't arrest you for just admitting to taking it, but that doesn't matter cause they wouldn't be involved anyway.

Hey.