Soft Drugs: What gives?

venomai

Yet, while they're feeling this, they loose control over themselves and their actions- one on the main reasons that you should never smoke marijuana while driving.

"Losing control" is an overstatement. Moderate and responsible weed smokers are generally in control when they are high. In my opinion, it's irresponsible to smoke so much weed that you lose total control of yourself. (trust me, though, most people will fall asleep well before that can happen)

Nevertheless, no responsible drug user should ever drive while intoxicated (or do any operating of dangerous machinery).

some (people with heart disease) may get heart attacks from marijuana because their heart can handle so much stress!

Again, this is a question of responsibility. It would be irresponsible to take drugs if you suffer from a serious pre-existing condition.

Anyways, to say that marijuana can cause heart attacks in predisposed persons is irrelevant. Why? Because so can painkillers, rollercoasters, coffee and a million other "dangerous" things in our world.

You've said it yourself. Everything has the potential to kill you. It really comes down to weighing your options (risk vs. reward). I wouldn't do crack, heroin, etc because the risk is too great. But, as for soft drugs, how is this any more risky than various other recreational activities? (assuming it's done responsibly)

Not everything is documented.. If I was a person seriously addicted to marijuana, I won't want to report my problems to the authorities for fear of being arrested.

The authorities aren't very interested in arresting addicts who are trying to clean themselves up.

And, obviously, this is something that could be fixed with decriminalization.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well again a subject i like.

i am a 17 year old guy who live's in holland,well as most people (or not) know in my counrty soft-drugs are semi-legalised in dutch gedoogd.

i have in my class (atheneum 5de klas dont know what that is in the states buts is above average) and there i have many many debates in class about our own drug-pollicy and in about other countrys.

well the strange thing about our pollicy that it is legal to buy but illegal to grown (dont know it exactly but thats about it correct me if i am wrong)

and well to be honest i do sometimes smoke the stuff (weed) and i like it and there is nothing wrong with it.altough i must say even with the semi legal use of it, i am still illegal because i'm 17 and must be 18 to really legal smoke it but anyways reasons why is not so bad ,btw i am not addicted.

also for any critic ill edit this: please all i am saying right below is personal experience so dont kill me about it ok thx.

1.never have gotten my self in to trouble with it (exept parents but go figures)

2.its good (terms of feeling) when i smoke it i feel at ease,no stress really helpfull if i am worried for an exam or something like that.

3.its beter than alcohol altough i use it too.

4.less addicting then ciggarets (believe me i know i am trying to stop smoking ciggaretes every moment but i can stop with the pot if i want)

5.like stated before my edducation if above average (dont know how much) so it does'nt affect my brains really much exept when i get high.

ow and to the creator of the topic,well done i am really i love with your recearch,but there are something that are bad (not your post) this entire forum is for childeren so they do what mommy and mr.bush,happy face" say no to drugs" made by the goverment.

and there always the brainwashed americans (nothing bad with you guys only admit like there are in every country there are some rotten appels)

who at the moment they see drugs they think:bad only for people who are junkies/fail at life ect.(i mean more like red necks not intelligent people)

those people make me really pissed off they are ready to give comments before they tried it themselfs,they only believe what other people tell them like what if the goverment suddenly forbids something what everbody does in they're normal life (like watching tv)and give bad propaganda (like its bad for your brain)would you believe it and stop watching tv just because they say so?

so to all the guys who say drugs are bad why dont you try just once believe me you wont get addicted at the first smoke.(again personal experience the first time i tried i trew up but tried it again later)

some other things that concern me well also all from personal experience (so dont rant about it,its not the same for everbody)

i have gotten way worse things from drunkness and addiction from cigg's like fights, hang overs and a condtion who a snail beats.

but the worse from weed is a arguement with my parents which i lost (they are right its not legal for me but ill do it anyways :oops: :-w )

so to all who got a board in theyre eyes: dont believe what the tv,goverment tells you and investigate your selfs and remember nobody is clean and right i mean the goverment get paid by the tobaco and liqour makers so they never say that alcohol is worse than most things.

but then again who is right just believe in your own thoughts and dont get to influenced by others.

and if you dont like what i say please make a good argument and dont just say f you i am right , and who know maybe you are right i and i am wrong.

please if you have the time add twinsen345 for a chat i always love to talk

Veroni, I believe we are finally on the same page. You see, I believe if you can control yourself (and not get terribly addicted to these substances), then drug usage is well.. okay once in a while, like drinking achohol or wine. However, when you bring in your 100%'s, 'mosts', 'maybes', 'somes' and 'everys', that when I truly have a problem with it.

As with the drug users themselves, well that really is their body.. however I have a small issue with the superiorist attitude some of them exhibit.

Take this guy, for example-

this entire forum is for childeren so they do what mommy and mr.bush,happy face" say no to drugs" made by the goverment.

and there always the brainwashed americans (nothing bad with you guys only admit like there are in every country there are some rotten appels)

who at the moment they see drugs they think:bad only for people who are junkies/fail at life ect.

THAT is what I have a problem with! Here, he collectively said that since I don't take drugs I am a-

A) A brainwashed American

B)A incompetent child

Futhermore,-

so to all who got a board in theyre eyes: dont believe what the tv,goverment tells you and investigate your selfs and remeber nobody is clean and right i mean the goverment get paid by the tobaco and liqour makers so they never say that alcohol is worse than most things.

Here is the archetype drug user. "I am so cool, I rebel against the goverment!" :roll:

Where's your proof of the government's corruption?? Nowhere, of course!

some other things that concern me well also all from personal experience (so dont rant about it,its not the same for everbody)

so to all the guys who say drugs are bad why dont you try just once believe me you wont get addicted at the first smoke.

Two contradictory quotes. :roll:

i have gotten way worse things from drunkness and addiction from cigg's like fights, hang overs and a condtion who a snail beats.

but the worse from weed is a arguement with my parents which i lost (they are right its not legal for me but ill do it anyways :oops: :-w )

If it's not the same for everybody, how does this support your claim??

i like it and there is nothing wrong with it.

Typical, typical.. Because you like it and it gives you good feelings, there is 'nothing' wrong with it, hmm..?

5.like stated before my edducation if above average (dont knwo how much) so it does'nt affect my brains really much exept when i get high.

Whenever you use drugs, you get high. :roll:

what if the goverment suddenly forbids cars and give bad propaganda why its bad (example pollution) would you believe it?

Come again? Couldn't really understand you, sorry..

Pollution is umm, bad for the environment.. so we shouldn't drive cars?? -.-

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Take this guy, for example-

Quote:

this entire forum is for childeren so they do what mommy and mr.bush,happy face" say no to drugs" made by the goverment.

who at the moment they see drugs they think:bad only for people who are junkies/fail at life ect.

THAT is what I have a problem with! Here, he collectively said that since I don't take drugs I am a-

A) A brainwashed American

B)A incompetent child

Futhermore,-

Quote:

so to all who got a board in theyre eyes: dont believe what the tv,goverment tells you and investigate your selfs and remeber nobody is clean and right i mean the goverment get paid by the tobaco and liqour makers so they never say that alcohol is worse than most things.

Here is the archetype drug user. "I am so cool, I rebel against the goverment!"

Where's your proof of the government's corruption?? Nowhere, of course!

Quote:

Quote:

so to all the guys who say drugs are bad why dont you try just once believe me you wont get addicted at the first smoke.

Two contradictory quotes.

Quote:

but the worse from weed is a arguement with my parents which i lost (they are right its not legal for me but ill do it anyways )

If it's not the same for everybody, how does this support your claim??

Quote:

i like it and there is nothing wrong with it.

Typical, typical.. Because you like it and it gives you good feelings, there is 'nothing' wrong with it, hmm..?

Quote:

5.like stated before my edducation if above average (dont knwo how much) so it does'nt affect my brains really much exept when i get high.

Whenever you use drugs, you get high.

Quote:

what if the goverment suddenly forbids cars and give bad propaganda why its bad (example pollution) would you believe it?

Come again? Couldn't really understand you, sorry..

Pollution is umm, bad for the environment.. so we shouldn't drive cars??

ok well i guess you're right about some point yeah ...i've been a bit over the top,please don't feel offended

well..but hey i aint a stupid typical druguser,please i only use it once a month and the only goverment i am against are some statements by american president bush (dont know much about politics so i wont touch those things)

ow and i dont see everbody who does'nt use drugs a child,brainwashed guy..just people who have no experience with it and just go jabbering about whats wrong and right,i mean you can't judge drunks if you're not have been drunk (once) your selfs or else you don't know what you talking about

about those contradictory quotes yep you're right about those ill change it.

ow and you dont always get high when you use drugs but then again like the previous it all about personal things.

and the last one ...yeah dumb example i know but i was trying to say:what the goverment tells you aint always right.

and ps. if you saw me i don't think you would guess i ever,ever did drugs and i might look like a fricking hipie by my text but in real life its nothing like it but then again you don't actually know me and you can't judge me propely so more my mistake then yours.

you dont always get high when you use drugs but then again like the previous it all about personal things.

Forgive me, but if you don't get high when you use drugs, then.. what's the point?

and ps. if you saw me i don't think you would guess i ever,ever did drugs and i might look like a fricking hipie by my text but in real life its nothing like it but then again you don't actually know me and you can't judge me propely so more my mistake then yours.

You type like one, I see you as one; 'tis the folly of online forums. -.-

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

holylord wrote:

you dont always get high when you use drugs but then again like the previous it all about personal things.

Forgive me, but if you don't get high when you use drugs, then.. what's the point?

Quote:

You type like one, I see you as one; 'tis the folly of online forums.

well drugs are also used for medical purpose's and other things like relexation ,getting high is the goal for drug use almost always.

yeah i know my typing skills are bad as a cat with gloves ... i usually dont do anything with my computer that involves typing english altough even in dutch i kinda blow.. :oops:(i usually have fun with friends ,go out with my girlfriend) but that does'nt make me any more stupid right? but yeah like how you typ and others (who are probably native speakers/typers or older or spend more time on those things)

Venomai, I believe we are finally on the same page. You see, I believe if you can control yourself (and not get terribly addicted to these substances), then drug usage is well.. okay once in a while, like drinking achohol or wine.

I'm glad we're getting somewhere. :D

Alcohol is a good comparison. It's a very addicting and toxic substance yet it is used responsibly by many adults and youth alike. A lot of adults drink beer or wine at dinner, but that doesn't mean they are addicted to alcohol.

My marijuana use is about as casual and responsible as my alcohol consumption. There are occasional nights where I might go overboard, but I generally don't abuse it too often.

However, when you bring in your 100%'s, 'mosts', 'maybes', 'somes' and 'everys', that when I truly have a problem with it.

Nothing is 100%, as you've said yourself. This is why I use words like "most" and "some". There are always exceptions in life.

Just dropping a rhetorical question here, this topic is quite interesting:

Whe you drink, do you always get drunk?

If a non-alcoholic drinks, does he always get drunk?

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Just dropping a rhetorical question here, this topic is quite interesting:

When (if) you (a non-alcoholic) drink(s), do(es) you (he) always get drunk? If not, what's the point?

Irrelevant because alcohol gives you a 'buzz', a high of sorts without getting you totally drunk. Drunk doesn't equal high, in fact it is more like taking enough marijuana that you pass out.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Irrelevant because alcohol gives you a 'buzz', a high of sorts without getting you totally drunk. Drunk doesn't equal high, in fact it is more like taking enough marijuana that you pass out.

You get a buzz off weed, too.

A single joint, depending on its potency (and a number of other factors) might not necessarily get you high in the sense that you're hugely intoxicated, but it can often give you a 'buzz' of sorts. Usually this 'weed buzz' simply puts you in a relaxing and happy mood. I often get the munchies after a joint, and everything starts tasting great.

• 1 month later...

LSD and MDMA are soft drugs? :shock:

i think you're wrong there man :P

LSD is a strong drug same for MDMA,if i recall correctly MDMA is in speed and in XTC.

but weed should be legalize as its been used for so long(Romans knew how to have fun :P).You cant overdose on weed,only long-term effect is that you get a bit paranoid but youll become paranoid one way or another so :P

I would never use shrooms or LSD as im not just the guy to halucinate,i like having a grip on reality and not have to wonder if the walls are moving or not:P

EDIT: heres some reason why I think weed should be legal:

-you'll know what you get

-you will get the right amount

-organized gangs will lose a market

Necrossigv3.jpg

LSD is a strong drug same for MDMA,if i recall correctly MDMA is in speed and in XTC.

Yes, LSD is a very strong drug -- one of the most potent drugs out there. However, it's not a "hard drug". The terms "soft drug" and "hard drug" refer to bodily harm and addiction (heroin, for example, is a "hard drug").

I don't think I ever suggested MDMA to be a soft drug. MDMA, also known as ecstasy or XTC, is a psychoactive derivative of Amphetamine, and they are both very different drugs. Speed is street slang for Amphetamine.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to link back to this thread. . .

My fault. :P

But I don't mind. I'd rather a thread that already has a lot of info and discussion rather than having to go through the same thing all over again (which seems to be happening regardless).

Anyways, this thread is focused on all soft drugs rather than merely marijuana.

To all anti-cannabis poeple out there. Get some friends, so you can actually have a hook-up, so you can actually try the drug. You will not die, chances are you will realise that it's not such a bad thing, when used in moderation. Don't become a stoner... just influences more people to act like you, and trust me, people don't like you.

O_M_G_Guasto.png

I only ever did LSD once and I will never do it again. Hallucinations are probobly the scariest thing that ever happened to me. :(

This is a temporary account. Ash6110 is my real one. As soon as I get my account back I will not be using this one anymore.

Thanks

Ash6110

To all anti-cannabis poeple out there. Get some friends, so you can actually have a hook-up, so you can actually try the drug. You will not die, chances are you will realise that it's not such a bad thing, when used in moderation. Don't become a stoner... just influences more people to act like you, and trust me, people don't like you.

Wooah there, so apparently because I refuse to use an illegal drug people "don't like me"?? Pardon me, but what are you smoking today? I have friends, I have a life, and you need to respect my decision not to use your drugs, just like I respect your decision to use them. Who knows? If I try marijuana, I might just contract serious side effects or something.. Drugs are unpredictable. I don't want to gamble my health just to "get high" for a few hours.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

if i recall correctly MDMA is in speed and in XTC.

MDMA is ecstacy.

Honestly the worst thing going on in this thread is people are encouraging the use of drugs to a primarily teenage forum. Whatever single way you may look at it, it's never a good thing to get into because of the health risks, the financial element of it, and from personal experience the majority of drug users i have met were complete cretins. There are health risks with every illegal drug because that's most of the reason they are made illegal, weather it be physical or mental health, your financial situation, or just what a complete pillock you are with them. The reason alcohol and tobacco arn't illegal is because of the money the government make from them and that removing them from the public would cause more damage than it would stop.

It's not that i'm personally against drugs completely, I know people responsible enough with them, but I also know what they've done to people I know, including one of my old best mates who never got below B's at GCSE dropping out of college and getting fired from numerous jobs etc, all because of weed. It's a complete waste of your life if you're gonna let it do that to you.

On the other hand, one of my best mates parents both smoke it (have done since they were younger,) and they're fine. They both have jobs and a nice home, no real harm done - saying that, moderation is probably the key to having drugs fit in with your lifestyle.

holylord; if I remember correctly, it's legal to buy it, legal to grow it (not sure about this one,) legal to sell it, legal to smoke it in certain areas, and it's illegal for the police to search you. according to pulp fiction anyway - it's basically one huge contradictory system to essentially legalize the drug, they're just keeping up appearences really.

A lot of peoples issues on this forum is that they are either heavily for or against drugs. Preaching to each other about how what you're doing is wrong or right won't get you anywhere, acceptance and compromise will, like Unoalexi.

logo.jpg

Wooah there, so apparently because I refuse to use an illegal drug people "don't like me"?? Pardon me, but what are you smoking today? I have friends, I have a life, and you need to respect my decision not to use your drugs, just like I respect your decision to use them. Who knows? If I try marijuana, I might just contract serious side effects or something.. Drugs are unpredictable. I don't want to gamble my health just to "get high" for a few hours.

I don't do any drugs either, but just thought to point out the "illegality" of it isn't really an argument. It's illegal out of ignorance.

How come alcohol is legal, resulting to hundreds of thousands of annual deaths in the US alone, breaks families, causes violence, yet something like cannabis which doesn't even kill, is ruled "illegal"?

They might just as well rule orange juice 'illegal' for 'safety' reasons while letting Coke&Pepsi stay on the market because they generate more tax revenue, and see how many people get scared out of drinking the healthier drink because it's not 'legal'.

I smoke cannabis sometimes, never experience any problems with it.

Me and my friend tried LSD one time when we were going to a disco. I liked it, just danced the whole night in a trance lol while my friend.... well he was screwed for the rest of the night. He thought a group of people were after him and he was hiding in the toilets for about a hour and a half. Eventually he attacked 2 people in the group. He was kicked out and the police were called. He admitted he had taken LSD and didnt know what he was doing etc etc. The people didnt press charges luckily enough so he was only done for taking the LSD.

Never tried mushrooms so cant give any feedback there.

The only drug i will ever stick to would probaly be cannabis although alcohol is still my drug of choice.

I don't do any drugs either, but just thought to point out the "illegality" of it isn't really an argument. It's illegal out of ignorance.

How come alcohol is legal, resulting to hundreds of thousands of annual deaths in the US alone, breaks families, causes violence, yet something like cannabis which doesn't even kill, is ruled "illegal"?

They might just as well rule orange juice 'illegal' for 'safety' reasons while letting Coke&Pepsi stay on the market because they generate more tax revenue, and see how many people get scared out of drinking the healthier drink because it's not 'legal'.

I was just pointing out that you can get punished if you get caught using it. By all means I agree that marijuana should be made legal, I think it is absolutely ridiculous that it isn't. However, as of this day and age it is still illegal..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I have a question to the people that use/have used pot:

Is it really that great of a feeling?

The reason is, I have a couple friends that have tried it and one really enjoyed it, the other enjoyed it a bit, but said that it wasn't all that great. I'm actually going to have a chance to try it in the near future, but I'm just not sure that it'd be worth the money/risk. I've been leaning towards at least trying it once, just so that I know what it's like, what's you guys' opinion?

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

I see no harm in recreational drugs in themselves, as long as they are done for the right reasons. If its just to have a laugh with your mates, I'm fine with it. However if your taking them to get away from a problem in your life, that is when drugs can ruin you, I've seen it happen.

Recreational drugs usually amplify the mood you are in, hence good and bad trips. Hence recreational drugs should really only be taken for the reason thats they are named for.

I think soft drugs are frowned upon because they usually lead frequent users taking harder drugs later on. If anyone out there would deny this, I could name alot of my friends as examples, I could even name myself.

All in all if drugs are done responsibly and for the right reasons then there isnt really a problem. Its just when people resort to them to try and make themselves feel good because they normally dont, that is when it leads to an addiction, that is when it lead to a problem.

Eye

I have a question to the people that use/have used pot:

Is it really that great of a feeling?

The reason is, I have a couple friends that have tried it and one really enjoyed it, the other enjoyed it a bit, but said that it wasn't all that great. I'm actually going to have a chance to try it in the near future, but I'm just not sure that it'd be worth the money/risk. I've been leaning towards at least trying it once, just so that I know what it's like, what's you guys' opinion?

It depends on the person and how high you are.

For me, it's a very enjoyable experience. I begin to appreciate nature much more, and everything becomes very amusing. You know how little kids find bubbles to be the most fascinating thing in the world? It's similar to that, but it applies to almost everything. I feel very relaxed and laid-back and my senses are sharpened. I can hear sounds in a song that I would have never noticed sober. Music becomes a flowing river of beauty and food tastes absolutely amazing. Everything is very euphoric.

When I'm really high, things can get a little more interesting. Time slows and reality ebbs away. My mind begins to wander and I enter a mini "trip". Everything around me stops -- it's as if I've stopped time -- and I get minor visual distortions (tracers, vividness). A second later I'm back in my normal self, laughing and talking with friends.

My first experience was pretty scary. I didn't know much about the drug and I wasn't mentally prepared for the effects. It didn't help that I was at a Rocky Horror Picture Show performance, which is scary enough sober! The only effects I got was increased heartbeat, twitching and utter confusion/fear. (to this day I'm still not sure which of those was a result of the weed)

If you want to try weed, be sure to be mentally and physically prepared, and most importantly, be responsible. Weed affects everyone differently. If you are scared or paranoid before taking it, you will most likely have a bad experience. Do it in a comfortable set and setting for the best high.