It's time for a new "Legend's Guild"

Foodfight13

I have to say that the Legend's Guild isn't really so full of legends anymore. I'm not denying that the quest was hard, or at least seemed hard to anyone who's done it when below 80 or maybe even 70 combat. But I really think there needs to be a new guild that says "Hey, our members are extremely good. They have high skills and have done a lot quests. These people are beyond legends." I don't know what to call it, I can't currently think of any noun that would be higher than "legend." But I would very much like to see a new guild sometime soon.

The ideal requirement for the new guild would be an extremely difficult quest which requires:

-High combat required to complete quest, but not too high(maybe 90+ just to start?)

-A very difficult puzzle/logic aspect

-High requirements(50-70) in some non-combat related skills such as farming, hunter, herblore, theiving, crafting, etc.

-200+(maybe even raise to 225, 230, or even 240?) quest points to begin and complete the quest

-Certain harder quests done such as Mourning's End Part II, Dream Mentor, Darkness of Hallowvale, etc.

-A long, good, storyline that will leave you wondering what to do next and where to go without leaving you completely clueless

I would really like to see something that tied a few quests together, or at least brought one series to an end. Maybe Jagex will tie something in the the new coming Godwars dungeon, but I don't want to see something that's completely combat oriented. Something that appreciates the avid skiller who doesn't mind putting on the armor once in a while. I know skillcapes are the big thing right now, and I feel those and Fire Capes have replaced the Legend's cape. Even the Quest Points cape doesn't shine that much. I think it's time for something new, something that stands out in Runescape, a guild that has a cape that not only seperates the men from the boys, but the wise and strong men(and women!) from the inferior society.

Feel free to post your opinions and suggestions.

-Runescape Addict --- Seven-time Writer for the Tip.It Times-

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

DragonkinFF13Sig2copy.jpg

"This game isn't about graphics, it's about fun." - The Great Ortiz 9471

<> Dragon drops: Plateskirt(1), Half Shield(1) <>

You could be a living deity (god). Though that may be offensive. Also, I don't think it should be a quest, since it would make the quest cape unobtainable to a large number of people. However, a guild that is desirable to get into (like the warrior's guild) would be a good idea. Also, the armor's bonus could be like +1% to the exp you get from training skills.

nh.jpg

You could call it "The Guild of the Gods" it's catchy =]

As for requirements, they should be reasonably high, like a good combat level and maybe 2-4 non-combat oriented tasks with a high-ish level need such as 70 mining or 80 woodcut.

If your going to a higher level guild, I say go all out, pull out all the stops. Make it something people will really be proud to have done.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

I agree that this would be an excellent idea, and I would love to have it put in. It also fits perfectly with an idea I've been trying to propose to Jagex, which is the trimmed quest cape. How that would work is that there are two categories of quest, normal quests like we have now and super-quests (or whatever you want to call them). The super-quests would be much harder, and completing them would only be necessary for the trim on the cape - not the cape itself. That way, they can put in tougher quests without raising a riot about the requirements for the quest cape (and make the cape worth using again).

As for the name of the guild, I have no idea. Maybe the Eternals Guild?

You could be a living deity (god). Though that may be offensive. Also, I don't think it should be a quest, since it would make the quest cape unobtainable to a large number of people. However, a guild that is desirable to get into (like the warrior's guild) would be a good idea. Also, the armor's bonus could be like +1% to the exp you get from training skills.
Well you do need realize that the majority of people who do have a quest cape already are in the higher combat ranks(I personally haven't seen too many below the high 80's). So I don't think that a new guild would completely lower the amount of people who actually had a quest cape from the combat standards. And I believe a new guild with a new cape and whatever other various awards and benefits that Jagex could come up would only inspire people to work on other quests and raise their skills. I know that happened to me with Legends and other quests. I remember vigorously training crafting to be able to do the Lunar Diplomacy quest that day it was released. If Jagex releases this new quest, people will get their quest capes back in time.

Maybe the Eternals Guild?

I like the idea. Not bad. :)

"Yes I have tricks in my pocket, I have things up my sleeve. But I am the opposite of a stage magician. He gives you the illusion that has the appearance of truth. I give you truth in the pleasant disguise of illusion." - The Glass Menagerie

Yeah, that's definitely cool. Only one problem though. Is there gonna be anything in the guild that actually helps people in some way? Like training, ports, that sort of thing? Maybe even something very few have thought of. *cough*npc teams that actually think like players in a deathmatch-type game*cough* :-w :-$

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

Buddy if something with those requirements were released people would rant like crazy. The amount of people with quests capes would be greatly diminished and it's really just taking it too far. I dont think they should release something with requirements that high just because a few people want them.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

Buddy if something with those requirements were released people would rant like crazy. The amount of people with quests capes would be greatly diminished and it's really just taking it too far. I dont think they should release something with requirements that high just because a few people want them.

There are more than a few people who want a new high level quest. So what if people will rant. If Jagex gave infinite bank space then there would still be rants. Not everyone can be happy with updates.

I like the idea and have a vote for "The Grandmasters' Guild"

I support, we need a better guild. I have suggested a quest to upgrade the existing legends guild, but a whole new guild would be nice too.

As for the name, I came up with:

Guild of Fables

Guild of Myths

623aivo.png

Veni Vidi Vici

I came, I saw, I conquered.

Hail to the wiki! For all your information needs.

Yeah, that's definitely cool. Only one problem though. Is there gonna be anything in the guild that actually helps people in some way? Like training, ports, that sort of thing? Maybe even something very few have thought of. *cough*npc teams that actually think like players in a deathmatch-type game*cough* :-w :-$
The guild itself would be something like the Legend's Guild, only better. I could see a dungeon full of monsters that drop good loot including dragon items, and maybe even something like a dragon pickaxe(we can only hope that's in the making). I'd also like to see a guild that had a nice supply of yews and/or mages, or maybe even a nice, deeply enhanced mine with lots of coal, mithril, and adamanite rocks, possibly even runite. Installing a new minigame (such as one you described) in a guild would be fun, but I'm not sure if Jagex is willing to only allow that minigame to those who can enter the guild. They like to keep minigames open to the majority of players.

Sir_Erderik, I'm not sure of Guild of Myths would be the best name, because a myth usually implies something that is not 100% true. The technical definition of a myth is "man's creative way of explaining things he cannot understand." Which doesn't fit the description of a high-level Runescape player. There could be a myth or two surrounding the guild or the quest, which I would greatly appreciate for a good quest plot. But it doesn't really fit the Guild's title in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of a highly challenging quest with a potential new guild as a reward, but what would be in the guild?

And, since everyone's throwing in their ideas for a guild name, why not the Master's Guild?

P.S. Darkness of Hallowvale wasn't that hard, just tedious and rather confusing...My poor sense of direction caused me numerous problems doing that quest.

everfreefire.png

everfreefire.png

The plot line could be like an ancient group of warriors rising out of the godwars dungeon and fought across the lands until they could fight no longer. They were evenly matched and with this as being among the most powerful people in the world guthix calls down to them, calling them to become the keepers of peace among the gods warriors to keep another godwar from erupting across the face of his creation. They bowed to guthix and he gave them a single building built for them and their delegates. The building, the guild hall, the home of the "Guardians." A place hidden from all those but the most worthy and have shown their devotion to keeping the peace between the gods.

Not a bad begging for a basic backstory I believe.

p.s. I'm retired f2per so if some of this is a little off its because I have limited knowledge of p2p.

my favorite smiley :wall: :wall: :wall:

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.