Spinosaurus Completed

misterxman

1525 - The Spinosaurus was a real dinosaur species, unfortunately the only fossil from it was destroyed in a WWII bombing in a Europe museum. It lived in the Jurassic Period in north Africa, palontologists believe that its sail on the back was used as a heating and cooling system, taking heat from the sun in the morning and cooling down from any breezes during the day. Similar cousins were the Suchumimus and the Baryonix which were smaller and had no spine sail on the back. (I know you didn't really care about all this but in case anyone else was wondering lol) I greatly enjoy how Wyrm turned out a great sig from my drawing, thanks again, I'd have to think of something really interesting to live up to my current sig if I want another one.

To the contrary man, I find it very interesting :). I suspected it was real, but (I probably just worded it wrong) I mean it was still great even if you didn't make it exactly like the real thing. And Np at all, you deserve it :).

~Cal

:shock: Wow, that's just... amazing, not that "amazing" is a sufficient enough word to describe that. Do you do just penci art or do you paint/ color too?

Also do you have a DevianArt acc. or some kind of webpage with some your past drawings/ pixel arts? If so I'd really like to see them.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

Signature says "Xavier".

MISTERX YOUR NAME IS XAVIER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

dude thats my name!

xavior = rich name. and if you have that name you can read minds.

I like the shading as usual. Given that we only have the skeletal remains of these creatures I think some freedom artistically is fine.

I wonder a bit about that kind of long strip that goes all along the body. Looks nice and clean and gives a sleek look, but what is it?

I like the shading as usual. Given that we only have the skeletal remains of these creatures I think some freedom artistically is fine.

I wonder a bit about that kind of long strip that goes all along the body. Looks nice and clean and gives a sleek look, but what is it?

About the freedom to portray how they looked, there's also the theory that many of these dinosaurs already had feathers (added a few on the Deinonychus in my sig, he's a rebel :wink: ), I haven't really done much texture yet but I'm hoping to experiment all kinds of crazy stuff on my next dino drawing, no idea how it's gonna come out but trying without fear is the only way.

I used to catch iguanas, and remebered they had some wrinkles between the belly and the rest of the body, so I got inspired to adding something similar to my dinosaurs to break the overall monotony of the texture-lacking body. :)

My next project is to try to finish the street drawing, and then I'll experiment more advanced texturing.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

don't get me wrong, I actually like the long line, it does tie it together. I just wondered where you got the idea.

Also, yeah, some think they were warm blooded and purple, so draw em how ya like em!

Having said that, after your house one I would like to see you buckle down and FORCE yourself to be a slave to a reference pic, just for the learning experience.

In fact, since you clearly have talent I would tell you to go join a life drawing class...except your parents would want to kill me cause most of those ...though not all....have nude folks in em (I think you could find ones that don't though, would be well worth it).

I love dinosaurs as well, and I must say that this one looks ALOT like a spinosaur. The shading is incredible.

We all know you have some major talent, but won't you consider and try something else other than dinosaurs?

Signature says "Xavier".

MISTERX YOUR NAME IS XAVIER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

dude thats my name!

xavior = rich name. and if you have that name you can read minds.

I have a spanish friend called Xavier/Xabier? (get confused) He likes basketball xD. Also he has like 100+ surnames... apparently.

Nice sketch by teh aw3s0m30rz mrxman 8)

knkcopy.jpg

cabury - You probably mean Javier which sounds like Jabier in spanish, I once knew a Xxavier lol.

Japisee - I'll finish the street one, and will try some reference pencil drawing in the future. :)

twinki - The yellow one, with the green back and pink eraser, and, well aren't they all the same? :lol:

tttia - I'll probably start by drawing my hands in full pencil, not much of a people drawer.

And yes, gerbils may be the ones to thank for us being here after dinosaurs became instinct. :)

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art