Spinosaurus Completed

misterxman

Finally uploaded a pencil drawing of a Spinosaurus I finished a while ago:

spinosaurus015ts.png

Someone asked me last time what kind of pencil I use, just a regular number two pencil works fine with me. Comments welcome, thanks. :)

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

Signature says "Xavier".

Nice job x!

Excellent shading(!!! :shock: !!!), not familiar with the anatomy of dinos but it looks really nice. Good texture and the whole linework. I like the boneplate on the faaace. Ever tried doing something other than the reptile family?

I don't like his feet, although its probably for that guy. I like the kinda feet where the inside toe like sticks up with a huge claw, those are awesome. Wrong dino? :D

[sig inserted here....in few days]

awesome work again, really like this one.

can't make out the signature at the bottom though, doesn't look like it says misterxman :lol:

hmm maybe its not his work :shock: na very good my drawings suck0rz i like to draw a few characters here and there..

Thanks for comments all. :) Just like Jeppoz, I am a bit lazy in RL about doing big time-taking art projects so it's not often I draw seriously like this.

Commando - The outlines that make up the shape of the dinosaur are usually drawn and redrawn numerous times until I feel I got the shape right, lots of trial and error which is common in sketching for art. But while shading, I did press the pencil a bit too hard at the top of the neck near the head which gave a darker than wanted value, so I had to go back with the eraser and *carefully* barely touch it with the eraser as to not smudge the pencil marks there.

About the signature, it may surprise some to know that my real life name isn't misterxman. :lol:

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

WHAT, IT ISNT!

omg... i belived in you, RIPPER!

nah, joking :P Although people probaly would think my real name is nadril :( .

Anyways, great job on the drawing. There isn't any C&C i realy can give on it, it looks great and i know nothing about Dinos anyways :lol:

Signature says "Xavier".

Nice job x!

Excellent shading(!!! :shock: !!!), not familiar with the anatomy of dinos but it looks really nice. Good texture and the whole linework. I like the boneplate on the faaace. Ever tried doing something other than the reptile family?

I don't like his feet, although its probably for that guy. I like the kinda feet where the inside toe like sticks up with a huge claw, those are awesome. Wrong dino? :D

Ya I believe your thinking of a Velociraptor.

Anyways awesome drawing! Dont see how you shade like that with a #2 :lol:

Off Topic:get my PM princessa :?

supdarklinkel1.jpg

Brilliant! To be honest I prefer the drawing in your sig, but I also have always loved your sig as a sig :P.

As to this drawing, even if it isn't exactly modeled after a real dinosaur (which I don't know/care if it is since it's beautiful either way) it's very realistic. I am especially fond of the shading. It looks as if for some of the details in the drawing, you just accomplished them by lighter/darker shading (am I correct?) instead of drawing a specific [and probably very fain] line for it, which brings it the most realism. I never mastered that myself, but since I have gotten in to digital art I havn't drawn anything of the sort (not that it's much of a excuse) for around two years. All I've done since then is several cartoons and a comic book or two, and a lot of graffiti.

My kudos to you Mister, for another wonderful drawing. Prehaps you can have wyrm work his sig magic with this one, too? It would be exquisite!

~Cal

I don't like it at all i love it to death it's very nice alot of hard work i can tell but i never expect any less from misterxman hes a man of true art the more he dose the better he get's and man hes gitting better....

nice work again mrx i like the spine looks like a roller coaster you should add a little thingy with peoples arms up in the air lol all of your dinosaur drawings rock i want to see the finished version of the 1 with the cars and houses in the bg!

10/10 100% ownage

Neanderslave

neanderslave2pmdw2uq4.jpg

Princessa - As dark_ice said, I think you're referring to a dromaeosaur such as a Deinonychus or Velociraptor (although troodons also had a similar feature), check my sig. :wink:

Kingcomet - I have some sketches of turtles but they're really rough, I draw dinosaurs mainly because they're the only objects for which I don't need a reference besides the one I form in my mind.

1525 - The Spinosaurus was a real dinosaur species, unfortunately the only fossil from it was destroyed in a WWII bombing in a Europe museum. It lived in the Jurassic Period in north Africa, palontologists believe that its sail on the back was used as a heating and cooling system, taking heat from the sun in the morning and cooling down from any breezes during the day. Similar cousins were the Suchumimus and the Baryonix which were smaller and had no spine sail on the back. (I know you didn't really care about all this but in case anyone else was wondering lol) I greatly enjoy how Wyrm turned out a great sig from my drawing, thanks again, I'd have to think of something really interesting to live up to my current sig if I want another one.

Axeraider - Right on Xavier lol. 8)

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art