New 2H animations

Screwball

in my opinion runescape isnt meant to be this realistic

all these changes in the animations make the feeling runescape has, less and less.

i think the animations are too active, even when not doing anything while no other weapons have this. its like having only 1 weapon thats hyperactive and the other are the normal way.

and to be honest, i feel pity for people who think runescape must get better and better graphics, for those graphics are what makes runescape runescape.

and im fearing jagex will let them guide by these players who only can think of grpahics, so every graphic gets messed up and runescape end up being the next world of warcraft clone or so, losing its originality.

but whats the point, people will never apreciate originality and whine and rant about it...

Proud owner of firemaking cape!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greatsword

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

The Greatsword or grete Swerd is referenced today mostly as an extremely large or powerful weapon, like the ZweihÃÆÃâÃâänder, in comparison with less sizable weapons like the falchion. In history, the sword had the same relative use as a comparative term between one smaller weapon and another considerably larger. In this case, the comparison was not between longswords and the even longer bihÃÆÃâÃâänder as is the modern one, but between the smaller single handed variants of the spatha, the so-called "transition swords"[1], and larger variants thereof, with longer blades and hilts. For comparison, single handed transitional swords of Type XII have a grip about 4.5 inches (11.4 cm) in length,[2] while the larger subtype XIIIa sword has a grip approximately 6.5 to 9 inches (16.5 to 22.8 cm) long.[3] A similarly long grip is found on the XIIa, another early great sword. The XIIa was originally a part of the XIIIa classification, but was decided to "taper too strongly" and to be "too acutely pointed" to fit appropriately.[4]

Oakeshott takes time to explain the concept of these great swords, most specifically the Type XIIIa, and their manifestation in history. The weapons fall between the line of the 16th century two-handed swords wielded by the landsknecht and the shorter arming sword of the knights and the spatha of the Romans and Vikings. The greatsword, and perhaps longswords in this manner, were not a form of "specialized weapon" as much as they were "outsize(d) specimens"[3]. Indeed, the weapons were referred to by a variety of names none of which, however, related to esp̮̩̉̉e deuz mains, or twahandswerd, both meaning the huge Renaissance two-handed sword. Instead, the weapons were referred to as simply notably large weapons as in Grans esp̮̩̉̉es d'Allemagne or "big swords of Germany".[5] As time went on and swords on the whole increased in length, these swords remained among the largest, even losing their ability to be handled with ease on horseback leaving smaller longswords to the task[6]. Like most swords, great swords began, as is shown in Oakeshotte's sketches of the XIIa and XIIIa subtypes, with a long broad blade accompanied by a rather obtuse point. Over time, however, the great sword followed the general evolution of the sword in becoming thicker and more profoundly tapered. The 7.5 feet tall freedom fighter Pier Gerlofs Donia wielded a 2.15 meter long greatsword.

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Lol is it just me or is it severely bent at the handle? :XD:

Yea, at around 20 degrees right, whereas the hilt is quite vertical. But its too small to be noticed, so nothing to worry about.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

I think they should add double animations, Like an active combat stance or inactive like swords in their scabberd at the belt cause now it looks as everybody is on akilling spree when running with sword or axe through city's and stuff. Also for shields (shield wielded and shields on ur back).

I think they should add double animations, Like an active combat stance or inactive like swords in their scabberd at the belt cause now it looks as everybody is on akilling spree when running with sword or axe through city's and stuff. Also for shields (shield wielded and shields on ur back).

[sARCASM]I completely agree, because it would be very good if suddenly a evil chicken appears and kills you because you were disturbeb in getting your sword out. [/sARCASM]

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

I hate the new 2handed animations. I have had a rune 2hander for a while as a fav weapon, but now I'm considering leaving and going to the rune skimmy

Mizzou is ballin'!

Illini are fallin'!

Kansas is dead.

thumb_mizzou-logo.jpg