Drill Demon Random Event

guthix121

I have been playing Runescape for 2 years, and I have never gotten that drill demon event. Everyone is walking around in camo clothing, and people standing next to me keep getting this event. Is there any specific thing that attracts this random event?

I can tell you for sure that firemaking triggers him. I cannot say this is the only event, nor can I say that it's the best event, but it is one.

shadow7.png

You can find loads of information, such as mini-guides I have written, my laws, and links to my stories here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=696442

This is a link to the story Council of Oblivion: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=695628

well, random events have the name because they appear at random times. well, maybe not so random, but i believe that when you do something repeatedly for a long time (ie: cooking, firemaking, fletching etc.) without any or little conversation that it will attract random events. random events are partly to make someone with a bot have trouble continue with their cheating. if you talk a lot or do a variety of things, i think your chances are far less than if you are silent and stick to generally the same pattern. good luck

Geesch.png

Geesch.png

thank you i like geesch's idea the best, i will try to woodcut and the burn all of the logs for a long time. (Or maybe i can finally use those feathers and sit there fishing).

The only problem is I am not really a skiller and more of a merchant, therefore it will be hard for me not to talk or change patterns for a while.

On the other hand, it will be a change, and I can catch up on skilling...

Got bucketloads of randoms ranging in the SoS, Minotaurs and Ankou, usually when burying the bones (but Leo seems to be taking a break).

Drill Demons and Mollys, mostly, plus a couple of exams.

I also remember the Drill demon at the Aubury's rune teleport, though that seems to be holes and not much else now.

I also got a lot of randoms doing clay bowls in the crafting guild, including exams.

The usual triggers are:

Repetition, breaking repetition (typically, they pop up when you change, or on the first hit of a repeating action).

Dodging randoms you don't want is said to increase the amount you get.

There seems to be one very strong and probably reliable "urban legend" - since the MoM cannot give you anything (box or other item) when your inventory is full, it is said that you will get a different random, a "take away" one instead - not sure if it must convert to a MoM takeaway (Maze/Mime/Pinball) or if it can be others. The reward for a takeaway event is dropped at your feet when you return, if you have no space.

i got drill demon 3 times today (already had full set long time ago) and it is mostly triggered when you're using your bank and closing, and opening, doing one thing closing and such. A lot of randoms get triggred that way

mathisfun.png

Believe it or not, random events are actually random.

Although i have gotten the drill demon 23 times :D wish i could share my luck with you, cause that random annoys the hell outta me

I engineered this thread with precise variables that I know would cause lul-worthy flames.

Ammo931.png

i have full camo of my own, well mime, leather hosen, camo are RARE random events. as for mom, puzzle box and other like that arent i get them all the time. if you want them to get you, go to a crowdy area world 3 or world 1 go to edgville cook food with other ppl there make fire you will get it

asasasasaslx7.png

defeinitely if you are f2p or p2p stand in a highly populated world (1 or 2) and stand either buying and selling or doing nothng. DO NOT WALK. I have gotten him 10times all through this method

sfhgjfyjruytkubb2.jpg
if you said "runescape" at my school, seeing that 90% of the population there are rednecks, they'd be like "whats that", me: "a computer game online", "eh!? oh one of those thinga-ma-gigers mrs clark got on her desk? a compooter?

Drill Demon is a 'general' random event, ie it can appear doing any action. However, the most likely time they will appear is doing any activity which involves a lot of clicking. That's why skills like fletching and hunter are reputable for random events. However, make sure you do a skill which does not have a random event of it's own, otherwise the chance of you getting drill demon is reduced, making room for the skill related ones. Also, a full inventory may increase your chances slightly, as it eliminates the chance of a mysterious box random event, but it may not be worth the bother.

By the way, I believe that in Hunter you can only get 'guardian' randoms, although I may be wrong, or this may only apply in the four major Hunting areas (Woodland, Jungle, Polar, Desert).

~ W ~

sigzi.png