Overall Goal:

Trying to get 99 all.

Current Skills:

Runecrafting nats.

Fishing in Shilo.

Mini-guides:

In the past, people have sometimes asked questions to which I replied with answers that have been more than a few sentences. I have saved those responses as mini-guides that I would sometimes post when someone else asked the same question (to avoid re-typing them). I plan to post at least some of those in my blog. I will list them here; you can expect that more may be coming in the future.

1. Which monster to train against. Page 1, Post 7. Helps to give guidelines to choosing a good monster to train against. Does NOT tell you what monster to pick, by name.

2. Pyramid Plunder Tips. Page 1, Post 7. Helps to teach you tricks to not only do Pyramid Plunder, but to do it fast. Helps to give both information to beginners and tricks to help people who already know how to do it.

3. Construction Tips. Page 1, Post 14. Helps to teach you a method of doing Construction that removes most of the problems that are common while doing Construction the normal way.

Other features:

Shadow's Laws:

Shadow's First Law: Ceterus parabus, the training speed of a given

Runescape player is proportional to the percentage of Shadow7 advice that player follows.

Proof: Comes from statistical data

Shadow's Second Law: Censored due to inappropriate content.

Shadow's Third Law: The intelligence of a given group of people can be measured by the time required for a debate to degrade into a series of "your momma" jokes.

Shadow's Fourth Law: Nearly any problem can be solved through creative use of midgets.

Stories:

Council of Oblivion. A story based on the world of Runescape which ties together dozens of quests and minigames, making fun of various aspects of Runescape in the process. When Thyker finds that the mystical Morton armor belonging to Varrock infact exists, he gets dragged into a plot concerning the fate of the human race. In the process, he runs across various characters from the world of Runescape whose storylines cross with each other, plus many unique to the story. You can find this story here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=695958

shadow7.png

You can find loads of information, such as mini-guides I have written, my laws, and links to my stories here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=696442

This is a link to the story Council of Oblivion: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=695628

you have some really good stats shadow. you need some pictures up here though even if they are just random ones. good luck with the 99s

always enjoy your interesting....um...information that you give on tipitchat. (like the chicken syndrome :D)

Fisher 4 lyfe.

tinyslamHYT.png

86,674 to 99 cooking

36,414 to 99 fishing! (7/31/10)

Which monster to train against

Here's my recommendations:

1. Whip attack monsters.

2. Dharok monsters.

Dharoking is faster but also limits you as you have to fight monsters you fight as they need a lot of hp and can't do too much damage to you (which is why abyssal demons are so great for the job). Anyway, here's the criteria you want when searching out monsters.

1. Low defense. Easy to understand why. When you're hitting zeroes, you're not getting experience.

2. Lots of hp. This is a little harder to understand why, but it's very important. Let's say you were fighting chickens. They have 8 hp. Let's say you can hit up to 20 with a whip. If you hit a 12 on the chicken, you're really only going to do 8 damage, so in essence you lose 16 experience. This applies to all monsters, actually. Let's say you're fighting something with 100 hp. If you (over the course of several attacks) deal 90 damage, they'll be down to 10 hp. Now, on all those attacks you just did, you didn't suffer from the "chicken complex"; the amount of damage you hit was actually dealt to the monster and gave you exp. However, now, the monster only has 10hp left. If you hit anything over 10, the experience you would have gotten would be wasted. There's no monster in existence that's immune to the chicken complex, but the higher it's hp is, the less you suffer from it.

These are the major two factors. Essentially, ideally, you would never miss a monster and your experience would be based on the damage you deal based on your strength level. However, neither of these truly happen, but you want to minize the amount that these negative affects do happen, which is why you want a low defense monster with lots of hp. Now a few other factors (less important, though):

3. Lots of the monster around to attack. Simply put, if you aren't fighting a monster at any time, it's no better than hitting zeros. You want a place with a lot of monsters so that you don't have to wait for one to spawn and, preferably, so that you don't have to run far to fight one.

4. Doesn't hit too hard / easy to get to: These are kind of the same point. Basically, if you get hurt a lot, you're going to have to bank a lot for more food. The more time you waste on the trip to and from the monsters, the less experience you'll get. To be honest, though, this isn't a problem for most monsters.

5. Drops. Never forget this. While it's a low priority for me, all else equal, I'd rather kill something that drops runes, gems, etc. than drops nothing.

There's a lot more I can say on the subject, but I think I'll give someone else a chance.

Pyramid Plunder Tips

Here's my tips for it.

- You have 5 minutes per game. You get significantly more exp in the next room than you did in the previous one. You should aim to do the best TWO rooms that you can. Ignore anything before that. So, if you can get to room 5, try to do rooms 4 and 5.

- Do not move onto the final room without completing the room before unless you are ABSOLUTELY sure that you don't have enough time to finish that final room. So, let's say the best room you can do is 5. Make sure you completely finish room 4 unless you have so little time left that there's absolutely no chance you'll finish room 5. This is because, even though room 5 gives more exp, you spend a lot of time running throughthe pyramid, and it's better to risk getting a little less exp per snake than to finish early (you can't go back to a previous room).

- Bring about 8 doses of super anti-poison if you can. The super anti-poison will last for about one complete run. It saves a lot of food in the long run.

- Don't bring armor or a weapon. In the few situations you encounter a monster, just pray. Energy is much more important.

- Bring a super energy potion or two with you, just incase you need more energy.

- When you finish a "round" of pyramid plunder, walk to the door for the next round. If you run to the door to start the next round, you'll run out of energy fast, which is a problem because you only have 5 minutes per round.

- There are several ways to get to Pyramid Plunder. The absolute best is to teleport with the Pharoah's Scepter, as it teleports you directly to the pyramid. Without that, you can teleport to Al Kharid and take the flying carpet to Sophanem. Or, you can move your house to Pollinveach, teleport there, then take the fly carpet. In the latter two cases, banking takes several minutes; I used sharks so I wouldn't have to bank so often. Earlier rooms do less damage when you fail, so you won't have to bank as often.

- A room is considered "completed" when you've opened every urn and the chest. Ignore the sarcophagi. It takes a long time to open, often ends in a mummy, and gives NO thieving experience. The only time I'd open one is if you have completed your final room and still have extra time.

- In each room, you want to find the correct door as fast as possible. There are two ways to do this. First, the "correct" door is the same for everyone, so if you see someone open a door and not go through, it's not the right door; similarly, if they do go through the door, it's the right door. If no one is in the room, make sure you know the path that hits the most doors as fast as possible. That is, if you could hit 3 doors in 5 seconds on one path, and 2 doors in 5 seconds on the other path, always take the first path. It may not be the fastest for THAT particular run if you hit the wrong doors first; however, statistically, in the long run, you'll find the doors faster.

- Bring a lockpick; it gives you a better chance of succesfully opening a door (though that doesn't mean it will be the correct one).

- The "correct" door in each rooms resets every few minutes. This can happen even if you're in the room. The problem with this is, it can even reset to a door you've already opened, which you can't open again. As a result, every once in a while, you'll open all 4 doors and still be in the room. If this happens, there's nothing you can do; just leave and start over again.

- In a room that you're going to plunder (the best two that you can reach), always start with the urns. The urns damage you but don't release a monster. Also, the chests in the center can release scarabs, which are very annoying. Furthermore, the chest is always instantly and succesfully plundered; it doesn't take a few seconds like the urn. Thus, you could even hit the chest with half a second left. For this reason, get all of the urns in the room first, then either right before you run out of time or right before you leave that room, then plunder the chest. That way, if there are scarabs, you don't have to deal with them for long.

- If you get attacked by scarabs or a mummy, PRAY AGAINST MELEE. Don't say "Oh, it's only for a minute." Scarabs and mummies do a lot of damage fast. You won't run into them often. You should have plenty of prayer to deal with them. So just pray, and avoid the damage. Be warned; scarabs do poison (lightly, I think).

- The items you get from this game aren't very important. They're most important use is to recharge the sceptre. Between rounds (while WALKING to the mummy again), you should drop any pieces you'd prefer not to keep. This opens up spaces to get pieces that are better. For example, I dropped all my stone pieces between rounds; I was shooting for anything gold. The ONLY time you should drop items ingame to pick up new items is if you've completed your final room and still have time left over.

- The items you get can be used to recharge the sceptre. Any 24 clay, 12 stone, or 6 gold will do it. If you have your sceptre with you, and it's out of charges, you should recharge it as soon as you have enough items with you to open up your inventory for new items.

- The clay and stone items give a pathetic amount of cash. However, the gold items give around 1k each. To get this 1k, you have to take them to the agility pyramid. This would normally be a problem, but luckily, the Pharoah's Sceptre can teleport you there. This makes it worthwhile to trade in the gold items you've randomly accumulated (like I said, don't waste time during a round to pick them up unless you've finished you're final room, but you will pick them up in your open spaces over time). When I reached 99 thieving, I traded them in and got a few hundred thousand coins.

- Between rounds, you have to find the door the mummy is in (this is where you want to walk). He stays in the same door for a while, and it's the same door for everyone. So, you should generally go straight to the door he was in last time. If he's not there, then basically just start randomly searching doors until you find the one he's in. Note that occasionally, he will push you back when you try to open the door. It's just a random thing; however, the hand pushing someone back means it IS the right door.

- If you don't have a sceptre yet, I would recommend searching the chest in every room. The sceptre can ONLY be obtained from sarcophagi and chests; not from urns. Sarcophagi take a really long time to open; chests are instantaneous and give some theiving exp anyway.

- The sceptre teleports you to three places: the pyramid plunder (directly to the mummy, too), the agility pyramid (the gold one), and the ancient magics pyramid (good if you switch magic styles often). So it is very useful, even outside of pyramid plunder.

- You CAN get another sceptre while playing pyramid plunder, even if you already have one.

- The experience you get at Pyramid Plunder depends primarily on which rooms you steal from. When I was stealing from rooms 7 and 8 (requires 91 thieving), I was getting over 200k exp an hour.

Reminder of items recommended: materials to get to pyramid plunder (like a sceptre, money to use flying carpets, etc.), glory amulet (for teleporting away when you need to bank), boots of lightness, NO ARMOR OR WEAPONS, super anti-poison, one super energy potion (probably won't use it most of the time), lockpick

Hope that helps.

shadow7.png

You can find loads of information, such as mini-guides I have written, my laws, and links to my stories here: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=696442

This is a link to the story Council of Oblivion: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=695628

Good luck getting all 99s will be one of the proud few maxed players and will eventually be brought into the spam spotlight. A bank pic would be killer. Think ill try and read your council of oblivion story. Oh and before I forget have you seen that cow that shows up on the clan chat every so often? It goes moo then dissaperes.

Get me a whopper!

I'm dissapointed that you didn't suggest that Pyramid Plunderers should do the quest 'Contact' in order to gain access to the bank very close to the pyramid! :-s

And you didn't once mention the Prayer Book from the Great Brain Robbery quest which when worn with a Holy Symbol will cure poison at the cost of a prayer point or two.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Construction Tips

1. What items should I make to get up from level 1?

Basically anything you can. It's kind of annoying until you can make oak stuff. Probably 500-1k normal planks should be plenty. You'll want about 3 iron nails per planks; one bar makes 15 nails, so that shouldn't be as hard as it sounds. If the nails annoy you, don't worry; you don't need them once you get above oak.

2. What is the best way to get exp? (tell me most expensive/ least expensive/ and most exp per amount of money spent)

Oak stuff. Larders (look at the Kitchen) are faster, armor stands (look at the Skill Hall) are cheaper if you have the requirements to build them. I myself use larders.

3. What things should I definitely put into my house once I reach the requirements for it?

There are two major things I recommend in every house, and you want these things to be close together and near your portal. One is a chapel, the other is teleportation. First of all, keep in mind that if you end up so your portal isn't near the things you like, you can always build a garden somewhere else then build a portal in there instead. So, the most important thing is keeping the chapel and teleportation rooms all next to each other; you can get a portal nearby one of these usually.

Anyway, you want the chapel for two reasons. First, it gives you an easy place to recharge prayer, which is useful in many situations. Second, if you plan to TRAIN prayer, you'll want a Chapel with the best altar and burners. You can use a bone on the altar and, if the burners are lit, you'll get 3.5x as much exp as you normally would. Offering a bone is even faster than burying it, so that's a great way to train.

As for teleportation, there are TWO kinds of rooms you need. First, you'll want a Quest Hall. In the Quest Hall, you can mount a dragon amulet. This mounted amulet provides UNLIMITED teleports as long as you can touch it. This is very useful for teleporting out of the house. Second, you'll want a Portal Chamber. These rooms allow you to direct portals with 7 of the teleport spells in the game (you can read up on which ones in the Portal Chamber section of the Knowledge Base, under Construction). I would HIGHLY recommend you have a portal directed to Canifis, as you would normally one have access to spell when equipped with Ancient Magics. If you set a portal to teleport here, you can teleport to your house then run through this portal to get to Canifis. Other than that, it's up to you what other portals you want. Myself, I have 2 portal chambers directed to every possible place except Lumbridge (I rarely need to go there, and Home Teleport can take me there, anyway).

I have my house set up like this. I have the portal to my house (in the garden). To the right of that is my chapel. Below the chapel is my Quest Hall. To the right of my Quest Hall is one portal chamber (it has Canifis, Falador, and Varrock teleports). Below the Quest Hall is a Skill Hall (this has nothing to do with teleporting). To the right of that Quest Hall is my second portal chamber (Ardgourne, Yanille, Camelot). I put the portals in such a way that one room has everything to the east of Falador and the other has everything to the west of Falador. This was only to make it easier for me to find a portal I don't use often, though; it has no practical reason for being this way.

4. How do servants work? (level needed for each type/ what they can do/ how much it costs me/ is it worth it?)

Servants do many things, but there two main uses are that (once they reach a certain level, at least), they can take a noted item to the bank for you and un-note it, and they can take logs to the bank to turn into planks. I'll explain why this is useful later. Anyway, servants get 8 uses after you pay them. You have to pay them whatever their starting wage is after every 8 uses (they'll ask for their pay). Get the Demon Servant as soon as you can. He comes back with your things in a few seconds. The prices can be found in the Knowledge Base.

Anyway, here's my advice for power-training once you hit the right level (before that, just push through with normal chairs and such). As soon as you can build stairs, build a Quest or Skill Hall with a set of stairs going up one flight. Build a Skill or Quest Hall up there. Next to the Skill or Quest Hall, build a Kitchen. However, build it in the right direction such that the larder spot is right next to the Skill/Quest Hall on the second floor. Make sure these are the only things on your second floor. Also, on the first floor, build a Dining Hall with a bell somewhere close to where these stairs are.

Why did you do all this? Here's why. Go to your house with thousands of noted oak logs, a lot of money (I mean like millions if you have it), a saw, and a hammer. Summon your butler by ringing the bell in the Dining Room (this will bring him right to you). Use the noted oak logs on him. Ask him to bring you back 24 of them. As soon as he leaves, run to the stairs but don't go up yet. When he comes back, he'll give you un-noted oak logs. Use these on him and tell him to take them to the sawmill. As soon as he leaves, go up the steps, then stand next to the larder spot.

That only has to be done once. From that point on, your GOLDEN. When he comes back, it HAS to be either in the Skill Hall or the Kitchen, because those are the only two rooms on the floor your in. Also, you made sure the larder was right next to the skill hall (right?), so no matter where he spawns in the two room, he'll only be like a second away from you. When he comes back with the oak planks, immediately, send him to un-noted 24 more oak logs. Then, start building/tearing down larder. Each larder takes 8 planks, so you'll only need to build three. He'll probably come back before you're done; don't worry. He'll hold the extra logs for you as long as you don't tell him to take them to the bank. Once you've built your third larder, click on your Butler (he'll simply stand next to you waiting for you to take the logs) and he'll give you the remaining un-noted logs. You should now have 24 oak logs again. Use one on him and tell him to take 24 to the sawmill. As soon as he leaves, tear down the remaining larder and wait for him to return. Once he returns and gives you the planks, tell him to take 24 noted logs to the bank and bring back 24 un-noted ones. And then continue with the pattern. I can get around 150k exp an hour doing this.

One tip. You WILL get random events in your house. Whenever possible, ALWAYS respond to the event when you have a full inventory. That way, if it's a gem or something, it'll just fall to the ground. However, you CANNOT drop items in building mode, which means that you basically have to start everything over again if you get a gem in your inventory. The only event this should be a problem with is the Mystery Box; with everything else, you can choose when you get the item. Of course, for some random events, it's not a problem either way; for example, with a genie, simply use the lamp and it disappears; or, if you get a piece of food, eat it.

shadow7.png

Add some goal sigs!!!!

Missing you at Rv :cry:

Youtube user name: birdman258 200MCook 200mPrayer MakinWines MyF2pSkillers

Going for Level 99 Magic & Level 99 Smithing!!!

Going for 200M Woodcutting exp!!!!!!!

0346-0077-6360 Mario kart Wii

I hope that you are Reporting the Bots! Please Report Bots.