F2P discrimination getting out of hand.

The Observer

to think you could stop all this abuse towards you, get updates, new features, more worlds, cheaper prices on certain items, and enjoy fun mini games and yet still believe that 5 dollars a month is to much to pay.......... <.<

Expect to get flamed thats just going to happen as long as you refuse to pay money for a game. Like expecting the demo to be as good as the main game.

Erm.. If you actually read the topic, I'm not wanting mini-games, updates, cheaper prices, new featurs and more worlds. :-s

We're not expecting it to be as good as the main game. We are just expecting to be treated as somewhat equal. What would you do if you got your membership cancelled then get called a noob and hacker just because you became F2P. How would that make you feel?

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust Me, I know what you mean. I used to have members, and i was being a jerk about it, then when i ended up losing it, i got flamed by members on f2p worlds, and my member friends actually stopped talking to me, and whenever i tried to contact them, they'd call me a noob. Eventually, i added them to my ignore list. So the lesson is, Don't Poke a Sleeping Dragon in The Eye! Wait that's not the lesson.

(I will remember that lesson soon!)

The Sentence On The Bottom Is True

The Sentence on the Top is False.

I completely agree with you, Killer :shock:. I'm so annoyed when I am selling something, and a stupid idiotic member would try to buy it for half the price it is, then I tell him I'm not a noob just 'cause I'm a F2P'er, what do you think he replies? Noob! Yes, noob!

Members do have a right to call themselves better than us, but that right is freedom of speech. And we all have it.

Yet they have no right to say they're better than us in thoughts of...

They pay for a game that you don't actually have to! :lol:

Honest to God, I think Jagex should give everyone a survey and you win 1 month of free membership. That'd really show that if we know enough about the game to get members, then we don't need to be called noobs.

This whole Members vs Free Players is stupid. We're equal. Except in autoers and noobs. =D

I haven't a problem with members. My 2 Irl friends that play Rs are members, but they don't hate F2P'ers because they're idiots, or not as smart as most members. They're a F2P'er at heart. <3:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Trust Me, I know what you mean. I used to have members, and i was being a jerk about it, then when i ended up losing it, i got flamed by members on f2p worlds, and my member friends actually stopped talking to me, and whenever i tried to contact them, they'd call me a noob. Eventually, i added them to my ignore list. So the lesson is, Don't Poke a Sleeping Dragon in The Eye! Wait that's not the lesson.

(I will remember that lesson soon!)

What goes around comes around.

*Whaaaam!*

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

this is why i HATE f2p, i find out i need full black armor for king's ransom quest so i tele to lumby, log out then back into a f2p world because noone has black armor in p2p. As soon as i log in 5 ppl are following and trading me saying, "free stuff" "need money" "can i have some money" "nice whip can i have it". So i turn off public and start walking to varrock the beggars finnaly get the message and leave. SO when i get to Varrock bank i turn puplic bank on and start trying to buy black armor so i see a guy saying, "selling full black 7k" i trade him he puts up black armor I put up 70k because of a lag. So i change it to 7k and click accept and wait but the guy is like 50k... I finnaly buy full black for 10k. All while in a f2p world that wasnt that busy... and its not like i was wearing anything to show off while in f2p to attract attention. This is why f2p gets bashed so much because 70% or so of f2p are macro's, beggers, scammers.

B_ryan20.png

b_ryan20.png

this is why i HATE f2p, i find out i need full black armor for king's ransom quest so i tele to lumby, log out then back into a f2p world because noone has black armor in p2p. As soon as i log in 5 ppl are following and trading me saying, "free stuff" "need money" "can i have some money" "nice whip can i have it". So i turn off public and start walking to varrock the beggars finnaly get the message and leave. SO when i get to Varrock bank i turn puplic bank on and start trying to buy black armor so i see a guy saying, "selling full black 7k" i trade him he puts up black armor I put up 70k because of a lag. So i change it to 7k and click accept and wait but the guy is like 50k... I finnaly buy full black for 10k. All while in a f2p world that wasnt that busy... and its not like i was wearing anything to show off while in f2p to attract attention. This is why f2p gets bashed so much because 70% or so of f2p are macro's, beggers, scammers.

Childred, what have we learned about pulling statistic's out of our [donkeys]? Begging, scamming, and macroing happen in P2p too yah know... Just try going to a castle wars game without getting at least one

noob begging you for weapons or runes...

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Alot of people have made thread saying that f2p is just a tester for the real game. I am a p2p but love the idea that there is always a f2p to fall back on if im low of cash. the people in f2p are as good as the people in p2p and sometimes better.

I belive that if there was no f2p alot of people wouldn't even think about runescape. It is great BECAUSE it has a f2p.

bj+shooter.png

bj+shooter.png

~Very Quickly the Hunter can become the Hunted~

I find that most P2P'ers are cocky, arrogant ignorant braggers that pay for a game for around 200 extra things to do, and brag. Although I'm getting P2P quite soon, if I'm not doing anything Memberised, you'll see me in a F2P world... unless I'm cutting willows...

I truly do understand this mentality that comes from the members side and in my opinion they have no right to treat the FTP players like they do. I am not saying that all members are like this but a great majority are and are also unwilling to listen to an FTPs side of an argument a great majority of the time even when they make some very valid points.

Take this conversation I recently had when selling some Zamorak wines as an example:

Stragomagus(thats me): um, the thread said 900 each.

nameless(can't remember the guys name): Bloody cheepskate

nameless: ty

Stragomagus: have a nice day (he logged out before I could say it)

Now originally the guy had put up exactly 500,000gp for 563 of the wines expecting me to be an ignorant FTP player when it comes to member prices. He was in fact quite reluctant to even come from an member world in order to even trade the money for them. He also could have meant by saying "Bloody cheepskate" that I was a "cheapskate" for enforcing my price on the thread, be reminded that someone else had to post the thread for me on the ®une(s)cape (O)fficial (F)orums (and thank you for helping even though you would not take the 20% I offered just for making the thread), which the total amount to be paid was 506,700gp. There also could have been a double-meaning to those two words in that I do not pay for the game even though that is not true since we FTP players have to deal with the advertisments and sometimes I do end up clicking on them.

There was also this other person that would not even make an attempt simply for the fact that it was an non-member world.

The great majority of people I mentor end up going on to members, and forget where they started, and usually have become quite arrogant once becoming one. I have lost 3-4 friends to the "arrogance" factor of members simply because i was not an member myself. As they say though, "the minority usually shows through the most and end up ruining the fun of others", and in the case of Runescape the saying is backwards for members while staying true for FTP. The RSOF is a great place to take note of all the so-called "hate" to FTP, take a look at the "rants" and "suggestions" part of the RSOF at anytime and you begin to notice how much "arrogance" floods them once something for FTP is even mentioned.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

I truly do understand this mentality that comes from the members side and in my opinion they have no right to treat the FTP players like they do. I am not saying that all members are like this but a great majority are and are also unwilling to listen to an FTPs side of an argument a great majority of the time even when they make some very valid points.

Take this conversation I recently had when selling some Zamorak wines as an example:

Stragomagus(thats me): um, the thread said 900 each.

nameless(can't remember the guys name): Bloody cheepskate

nameless: ty

Stragomagus: have a nice day (he logged out before I could say it)

Now originally the guy had put up exactly 500,000gp for 563 of the wines expecting me to be an ignorant FTP player when it comes to member prices. He was in fact quite reluctant to even come from an member world in order to even trade the money for them. He also could have meant by saying "Bloody cheepskate" that I was a "cheapskate" for enforcing my price on the thread, be reminded that someone else had to post the thread for me on the ®une(s)cape (O)fficial (F)orums (and thank you for helping even though you would not take the 20% I offered just for making the thread), which the total amount to be paid was 506,700gp. There also could have been a double-meaning to those two words in that I do not pay for the game even though that is not true since we FTP players have to deal with the advertisments and sometimes I do end up clicking on them.

There was also this other person that would not even make an attempt simply for the fact that it was an non-member world.

The great majority of people I mentor end up going on to members, and forget where they started, and usually have become quite arrogant once becoming one. I have lost 3-4 friends to the "arrogance" factor of members simply because i was not an member myself. As they say though, "the minority usually shows through the most and end up ruining the fun of others", and in the case of Runescape the saying is backwards for members while staying true for FTP. The RSOF is a great place to take note of all the so-called "hate" to FTP, take a look at the "rants" and "suggestions" part of the RSOF at anytime and you begin to notice how much "arrogance" floods them once something for FTP is even mentioned.

Eh, I have been having these, except, I offered 35k more for a rune (g) platebody than this other member did, but he refused, because I was a "F2P noob". Also, I had several people not sell to me because I was F2P/they were too damn lazy to wait about 30 seconds to hop worlds. And, even one person tried to raise the price of a (t) strength amulet to twice it's market price when he learned I was F2P. There are also a lot of, Members only sale, no F2Pers may buy stuff, even when most of the items are F2P items, and the marketplace for most of these items is the F2P worlds. It is kind of annoying.

There was also one where I was going to buy some zamorak platelegs, and we negotiated the price and everything, but, when we met, he was level 49, and I am 91, and he refused to sell to me because I "Was a gold buying macroing cheater and I didn't deserve my high combat level because I was the "Scum of the World"" Kind of made me laugh.

No F2P discrimination my [wagon].

tfssig.png

This made me laugh irl that you think f2p players should be treated well!

They are the scum of rs, they beg, scam, auto, hack, and generally be noobish, they can't even afford to pay $5.00 a month, so I think we can certainly laugh at them, why the hell not?!

Dont like it, buy P2P.

Think like a smart person,

1. Currency changes in some countries.

2. Yep, I definitely hack,scam,beg and auto because I'm F2P and all P2P'ers play RS by the book. My butt.

P2P'ers aren't as good as you say they are. You guys are just like us:

3. Castle Wars is the new "noob" homeland.

4. You get more discrimination from the various PVP events.

5. More level shunning because some morons think they're better than everyone because they spent 4-5 continuous weeks playing Pest Control.

6. Alot more online dating/relationships.

7. Some idiot thinks that because he got a cooking skillcape he's 1337.

8. And the same idiot auto typed "Buy raw sharks -900ea".

9. More scams. E.g. house scam, karamja wine scam.

10. Heckuva lot more beggers.

11. Idk about hacking.

And finally, listen to this.

12. Maybe I don't wanna pay 20 bucks to play some game. 13. I'm not paying for a game while I can play it for free. And I don't want to pay for a game unless it's gonna make me smart, athletic or sexy. 14. And i bet that skully hacks, scams, autos and is probably addicted to Runescape too.

15.I'm not going to pay for Members because I'll probably get hooked on it like skully and get wound up over a game.

Hahahahah, your hypocrisy seriously made me laugh in real life..

You're claiming you're the better person cause you don't pay to play and whine about it when you get discriminated by members, yet you're doing the exact same thing.

Let me correct you on 'some' points though.

1. I live in Belgium and I definately pay more than those $5, don't hear me whining though :).

2. Not everyone thinks that way, I don't either but you shouldn't make it change by posting this noncense.

3. I'd like to see your definition of 'new', castle wars has been around for quite some time and it's hardly noob-homeland.

Yes indeed some lower level players tend to go there to have fun and some do indeed beg after money/weapons/armor/runes/arrows/you name it, but I can assure you you'll find more beggars in 10 minutes of standing in a Varrock bank in a crowded f2p world than during a whole day of cw'ing.

4. Obviously considering there's alot more pvp possibilities in P2P than in F2P, I suggest you visit F2P wilderness once though, doubt you'll be able to fill a chatbox without the word noob in it ^^

5. Probably your most valid point.

I'm not a big fan of pc myself (even though I used it for some hp xp) and I do agree that bragging about your levels gotten there is quite silly but it's still a way of training.

How about we forbid anything over, let's say trouts for f2p cooking training as lobsters are too fast. It's a game where you're free to do what you want, and if that's pcing then so be it.

6. No comment, lol. I wonder if you even play this game stating that.

7. And whaddya think would happen if they made skillcapes free to play?

Don't you think 99 cookers in f2p would be bragging alot more even?

A 99 is still a 99 and takes some work (though very limited for cooking) and not everyone with 99 cooking is bragging about it.

8. I suggest you visit worlds 1, 3, 4, 5 and maybe some others before you think about replying on this.

9. More scams? No. More types of scams? Obviously.

There's much more content so much more ways to abuse other players, yet there's probably much more daily scam attemps in f2p than in members.

10. Lol again. I think one word is fit here: NO

11. Then don't post about it :wink: .

12. 20 bucks, sheesh where do you live, the moon? :x

If that's seriously about 4 times as much as the us price then I'd reconsider it aswell but.

13. I can understand people not being able to pay to play and I respect that, but you're just saying you don't pay because you don't HAVE to?

Then why should we respect your opinion, if we don't have HAVE to?

14. That seriously made me doubt if you're really of age to even play.

You need to be 13 remember? That comment is just about as funny as a 'yo momma' joke or whatever.

15. Another cheap attempt at an insult? Sheesh you seriously must be cool.

Besides I doubt skully is the one getting wound up about this, he posted his thoughts about it all of you jumped him. More hypocrisy?

Well that was fun, another 15 minutes of my life wasted =D.

If you wanna get back at me, shoot!

To end my post, I'd like to say I'm not the person to think I'm better because I'm a member, nor do I think non-members are inferior.

I'm sure there are alot of good, nice and friendly people in free to play, it's just that they're that hard to find inbetween the mass of (let me steep to that level) noobs roaming around.

In members you find quite a few annoying people aswell, but the general atmosphere is in my opinion much better than the f2p one, which is pretty logical actually.

Yes, at times I feel like logging out just to get away from those annoying people (in members) but that's not always the case.

I hardly doubt I've been to a free to play world once in the past months without seeing numerous autotypers, beggars, scam attempts, bf/gf seekers and whatnot.

I was F2P myself for a couple of months before I got access to members so I know what it was like, even though I was only a lower level.

The general runescape community hasn't bettered since so I doubt it has gotten much better in f2p either.

Peace out.

99 cooking / 99 magic / 99 ranged / 99 hitpoints / 99 herblore / 99 defence

scopeysigui6.gif

quotein4.png

Quoted for truth, wisest thing I've heard anyone say on Runescape.

Pssh, why read the actual thread when you can just read the title and post a snide comment that has no merit and has already been refuted in the first post. I mean, there isn't that much information in the first post.

Blue text = sarcasm

tfssig.png

Pssh, why read the actual thread when you can just read the title and post a snide comment that has no merit and has already been refuted in the first post. I mean, there isn't that much information in the first post.

Gosh Moonshadow, if you weren't such a noobish F2per then you would see the merit of actually reading the first post to get a sense of what the topic is about. Snide comments that have nothing to do with the topic count as spam :roll:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Gosh Moonshadow, if you weren't such a noobish F2per then you would see the merit of actually reading the first post to get a sense of what the topic is about. Snide comments that have nothing to do with the topic count as spam :roll:

The art of sarcasm is lost on you isnt it.

I dont get what all the fuss is about, nobody discriminates against filthy f2p noobs and thats all there is to it.

I dont think we members discriminate against the bottomfeeding f2p scum at all.

This thread fails, becouse you f2p noobs made it up, it just doesnt happen.

Can you spell owned?

123yourgone, thank you for backing up the point the orginal poster is making.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

I dont think we members discriminate against the bottomfeeding f2p scum at all.

Can you spell owned?

123yourgone, thank you for backing up the point the orginal poster is making.

Not a problem.

Yeah no P2Pers ever have called F2Pers noobs..

Wow your smart! =D> :-w

Note: This post was sarcasm, proving how 123 contradicted his statement..

Amazing Avatar by Lit0ua <3:

Yeah no P2Pers ever have called F2Pers noobs..

Wow your smart! =D> :-w

Note: This post was sarcasm, proving how 123 contradicted his statement..

#-o You got me, i accidently put that contradiction in..

I don't quite get it.

If a P2P'er calls a F2P'er a noob, the P2P'ers most used reason is because 'all F2P'ers r n00bs / poor coz dey dont pay 4 membaz!'

If a F2P'er calls a P2P'er a noob, the P2P'er mostly always comes back 'I pay u n00b'

Not saying that's all F2P'ersP2P'ers.