Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What's wrong with my parents?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

kelem_ryu
[ Display Name History ]

kelem_ryu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 873 posts
Recently it occured to me that i have never seen my parents kiss or hug each other. Never. (Well not entirely true. On christmas my mother gives everybody a kiss on the cheeks. Including my father.)

True, my father is pyhsically handicaped (Dystonia), yet that is no reason not to exchange some affection.

Theoretically it is of course possible that they'd be very private about this, but knowing my parents for 25 years i guess they just don't do it at all. Considering that my mother didn't kiss or hug me or my sister either i guess she just is that tied up. I know my mothers mother (my grandmother =P) died when she was 5, wich obviously left some emotional trauma. Yet what kind of marriage is this supposed to be?

Well i wonder how your parents are? Do they show affection towards each other, or to you?

AWMAGWD
[ Display Name History ]

AWMAGWD

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 77 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
not often, usally they do it on their own, or when their in the kitchen together, or in their room, i never see, dosnt occur to me, i dont hug my mum she dont hug my sisters, im 17, there 18 and 20, so maybe its differnt if your younger, but i dont think you got anything to worry about
Posted Image
Posted Image

ctp080188
[ Display Name History ]

ctp080188

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
My parents = divorced. My dad is affectionate towards me and my sister, my mum is very distant.
Posted Image
SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

AWMAGWD
[ Display Name History ]

AWMAGWD

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 77 posts
oh yea i forgot my parents are divorced so in my comment its my mum and STEp dad lol.. ^.^
Posted Image
Posted Image

ThurinEthir
[ Display Name History ]

ThurinEthir

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,999 posts
  • RSN:Penguinduck3
Are you're parents Asian by any chance? It might seem racist/stereotypical, and I suppose it is, but most (Or at least quite a lot) Asian couples rarely kiss/hug. I've never seen my parents kiss, my [Asian] friends have never seen their parents kiss, my cousins have never seen their parents kiss, etc.

If you aren't Asian, still...I'm pretty sure quite a lot of non-Asians don't kiss. Just because they don't doesn't mean something is wrong. :wink:

Anyways, my parents hugged/kissed me...When I was little...Rarely anymore....
Posted Image
Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.
Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

StrOwez
[ Display Name History ]

StrOwez

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,403 posts
maybe they're impotent.
A friend to all is a friend to none.

deloriagod
[ Display Name History ]

deloriagod

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,751 posts
My parents rarely hug or kiss each other. They hug me every night before they go to bed, but I've only seen them hug/kiss each other a few times.

wild_goat_14
[ Display Name History ]

wild_goat_14

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,413 posts
  • RSN:N/A
  • Clan:None.
My parents do. In front of me and my sister sometimes to gross us out(as a joke though)

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

Posted Image

Achilleus
[ Display Name History ]

Achilleus

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 689 posts

My parents do. In front of me and my sister sometimes to gross us out(as a joke though)

I guess your sister is lucky shes allowed to make out wit her boyfriend in front of your parents..most wouldnt allow it

Ginger_Warrior
[ Display Name History ]

Ginger_Warrior

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,044 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN '07:CN G Warrior
I guess it depends on the person you talk to. Some people prefer to receive affection in the form of hugs and kisses - both in the sexual and caring way. Whilst some other prefer that affection and appretiation to be expressed in surprises or in actions, and some other will prefer it in actual words.

Myabe you should try looking outside your parents' relationship in terms of just kissing and hugging. What about the actual stuff they say to each other? Does your Dad buy or Mum gifts a lot? Just things like that. If they've been together 25 years, I can't see how something is "wrong" with them.

Striker6
[ Display Name History ]

Striker6

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,543 posts
Hide under your parents bed and find out the truth?

knives669
[ Display Name History ]

knives669

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,697 posts
My parents are very private about the affection they show to one another. Very rarely, do I see them hug or kiss each other. But, they get along very well. Some people are just not affectionate people. I know that I am toward my significant other, but not really toward other people. I can be toward my family when I know they're sad and could use a hug. But, the only person who really gets to see my affectionate side is my boyfriend. :P
Posted Image

wild_goat_14
[ Display Name History ]

wild_goat_14

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,413 posts
  • RSN:N/A
  • Clan:None.

I guess your sister is lucky shes allowed to make out wit her boyfriend in front of your parents..most wouldnt allow it

They don't...

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.

So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

Posted Image

Ashlyn_Hart
[ Display Name History ]

Ashlyn_Hart

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 233 posts
As someone who is married, I think I can comment on this rather well.

Hubby and I have been married for well over 16 years. We don't show our displays of affection openly. It may be that your parents are just very closed about that sort of thing.

As long as they still love each other and you and your siblings, don't worry about it.
Posted Image

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

Jaziek
[ Display Name History ]

Jaziek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,330 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:SGNT_Wraith

seems like a sound plan to me... bring back pics when recon mission has been completed.
Posted Image

Futurama
[ Display Name History ]

Futurama

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,353 posts
I knew someone in your position, and my honest guess is that because of your dad's disability, they dont get to er, rock the cazba as often as the rest of us do, and I bet that's bound to let you drift apart a little with the amount of time they've been together.

My parents are quite affectionate, mostly though my dad cant stand my mum when she gets in from work, none of us can, its death just to make eye contact! hahah.
Posted Image

kelem_ryu
[ Display Name History ]

kelem_ryu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 873 posts
I'm actually a bit surprised. This seems to be quite normal. The reason i wondered about it is because that

is what i would have consider normal and healthy.

@penguingeek: We are European.

seems like a sound plan to me... bring back pics when recon mission has been completed.

GROSS!!!

(Besides my father moved to my bedroom, when i moved out. So they don't sleep in the same bed anymore.)

ThurinEthir
[ Display Name History ]

ThurinEthir

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,999 posts
  • RSN:Penguinduck3
[quote="kelem_ryu"We are European.

[/quote]

Alright then. But apparently, from most of the other replies, it's not uncommon for that to happen...To anyone...Of any race...

Or maybe it's a big coincidence that very few of the members of this forum have parents who hug/kiss. Or a conspiracy. :-s

And just a little note...Kissing/hugging a lot doesn't equal a good marriage. :wink:
Posted Image
Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.
Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users