HiiM's Gallery - $280aud earned - 5/3/08 Memenths Pixel

hiimben

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the posts guys.

I'm starting work on a piece, they're offering 40usd so yeah. Here it is, only in it's early stages at the moment :P

predsampled1ao1.png

I'm not sure on the person, I may need to delete and redraw it so it's bigger and stands out more, but we'll see how it goes :)

Enjoy

Not bad, except with your shading.

Now, looking at some of your other sigs, you like to choose dark colors. This is perfectly fine, however when you shade, you change both the value and the tint/saturation of colors. Your brights simply aren't natural.. unless it's a very cloudy day..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I think I see what you mean, if you mean the shadows, if you mean the shadows on the ground, is it that the shade is too dark or an unnatural colour? Or do you mean the shading in general? :P

What I mean is, there needs to be a greater contrast between your darkest dark and your lightest light. Your darks need to be blacker and less saturated, and your lights need to be whiter and more saturated. Also, with most wooden and metal objects, the darkest dark of the object and the lightest light are right next to each other in the center of the image.

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Wow the new one looks great, I just dont like the animation really. :/ It just doesn't really fit the image. It's also plain amazing how fast you can do these pictures!

u5zhkTY.gif

Heh, thanks :P The only real reason for their to be confetti or whatever in the animation is due to the event that I'm gonna use the signature to celebrate, once I'm finished with it, I'll probably change text and make the confetti into snow, might seem a bit more fitting :P Pretty decent progress with my latest, testing out a new way to do clouds, looks pretty good to me :P

Taking a bit of a stall with that other signature, I'm now currently working on a pixel for Chazimcgee here on Tif, it's a hunting sig hurrah :P

Enjoy it :P

chazimcgeesampled1fo5.png

:P

~HiiM~

You might want to look at my piece for a fishing sig. Ive did allot on the water :-w

Linky

Basically what I discovered so far about water is this:

-When shadows are cast on the water, it gives it its natural colour, in the sea that would be darkblue, and near the shore that would be greenish-blue. Small streams brownish ect. ect.

-In the area's that light is on, the water reflects. This is more visible from far away. Just look in a lake and you can see the sky and surroundings inside the water upside down. On rough water this isnt as smooth as in calm water.

-The closer your eyes are to the water, the more transparent it gets. Thats why you can see the bottom more easily when you are directly above it.

Onto more c/c, more bright colours. I love your pieces, but they really need more saturation and contrast.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Thanks mate, that should help alot, Might try it out on that fishing signature :P And i've been trying to brighten up my pics :P But yeah, thanks a lot, i'll keep it in consideration ^.^

Also made a quick little halloween avvy :P

For god's sake, please learn to watermark your work!

What's the point of all those watermarks, anyways? If somebody wanted to rip your stuff they'd just rip it from your client's signature box.

Try invisible watermarking if you're really paranoid about it.

Will do, I'm just paranoid about rippers because one in particular stole one of mine while it was sort of still in production, even with some pretty dense sampling, which took about 4 months, and two letters to invisionfree, and many arguments to finally get it removed. So I pretty much try do what I can to avoid that again.

But yes, I will consider lowering the samples.

~HiiM~

Bumpity :)

So you know, I've restarted the fishing pixel, it's coming along much better now, so keep an eye out for it ;) Will try post some more work soon but I'm pretty busy in real life at the moment :P

:) ~HiiM~

Heya are you still working on mine, just i havent seen an update for days

EDIT: woot 300th post count

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear

Yeah, I've been working on your's :P Just been crazy busy with work and stuff. I've done a bit of the mountains, and I'm just gonna finish them off before I add you're name or the clouds, which ever comes first :P Planning on trying something different, and more epic for the name :P

Lol, late at night, ridiculously out of my regular state of mind, and Abelmisi wanted me to make him a sig, I was joking when I started, and I was joking when i finished, heh. So I made a signature for me :P So enjoy our epic signatures :P

New Current in sketch style :P

Also, lots of headway with Chazimcgee's signature and my Ourania alter signature for Rt Phondents :)

Enjoy and Keep Posting :P

~HiiM~

Heya would it be possible if you sent me the unsampled one of my sig. I'll pay you as soon as i can transfer the money into my account.

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear