You dont like the herb update, so you must be a scammer?

choke_xx

I support, even though I am only 43 herblore.

Before the update people who bothered to get a high level of herblore could make good money using the skill to identify herbs. They then sold these herbs for higher amounts of money. You might call it merchanting, you might call it 'ripping noobs off' but think about it; it's a win-win situation.

The noob, who cannot identify his herbs, gets a nice 2k for every unid he has above ranarr (or whatever he can't id).

The herblorist, who can identify most herbs, gets a nice amount of cash from identifying, and of course the exp from simply id'ing.

Win-win.

newsigac5.png

Never called him a scammer you illiterate tard

I lol'ed, yet again. Aren't you the funny one?

Yes, you did called him a scammer, first contradiction. "Omgzz you idiot, "rip off" doesn't mean "scam"!" And the irony, you then call me an illiterate "tard". Oh lovely, one single sentence displaying so much intelligence, I'm speechless. No need to go any further, everyone is already dazzled by your sparkling intelligence, one more divine word and I shall cumble in bliss into oblivion.

Sorry, but he's right. Scamming means tricking someone. In this case, ripping off means he is buying for lower than they could get if they knew what they were, but they are WILLINGLY selling for that price. And in future, don't go on, and on, and on. It makes you look like more of an idiot than previously thought.

Dont be such an idiot, you interpretated "rip off" the way that best served your interest. Look it up in a dictionary, they both mean the same thing; a swindle. "Omgzz don't continue, you look like an idiot!" Wanna know whos looking like an idiot, you, for continuing something that was already over, 123 didn't respond, it was over, and you are the one that brought that up again, just go away and leave it there.

2480+ total

After reading your rant; and btw, most of your points I already considered; I'd say the extra bankspace alone makes me better off than before the update. But then I also save time that I wasted before iding dropped guams-tarromins, and I also know which herbs I can't id are worth keeping.

And aslo btw, you don't use 'alottt' of ppots on barrows. Well, at least I don't. I use mabye half a pot per trip. Some people use none.

yeah i hate the update 2 i usally go pking with about 2 ppots but now i have 2 pay almost 2 times as much for 1 which is kinda annoying but i have to say it's good for the people that have been scammed by that scam before ( i wanted 2 buy 1k harralanders for energy pots bought 1k tarromins instead :( )

Keessig.jpg

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

click for teh bloggy.

ty to swaggeh for sig!

After reading your rant; and btw, most of your points I already considered; I'd say the extra bankspace alone makes me better off than before the update. But then I also save time that I wasted before iding dropped guams-tarromins, and I also know which herbs I can't id are worth keeping.

And aslo btw, you don't use 'alottt' of ppots on barrows. Well, at least I don't. I use mabye half a pot per trip. Some people use none.

When I camp there I use around 2-3 pots per go.

But then again I'm only 45 def and 52 prayer haha.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Owner of Death Assembly, a 75+ rune pure / Tank Ranger clan.

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

Well, prices going up are only good until you need to buy herbs.

This is one of the factors that made me decide I'm going to get 60 slayer for specters.

All the herbs I get from them should make it worth while..

But according to jagex it's to prevent scammers.

When right on top of the herblore forum, there was a guide to making your own antiscam.

-.-'

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

Status: Currently stuck in f2p - with fr00bs asking me to do a skill cape emote, when I'm wearing a zamorak cloak. -.-'

Rip off means a bad deal, doesnt mean its a scam.

You can get ripped off by paying 3000$ for a car worth 2000$, doesnt mean you were scammed, you just got a bad deal.

Wheras if the dealer told you the car was turbo and you got it home and it wasnt, that would be a scam.

And as i said, NO skills on runescape make good money when you power lvl them, thats something thats true across the board.

Even runecrafting: You can pay runners and get good xp with very low rewards, or run your own get great rewards with slow xp.

Fletching: Make addy darts for fast xp at a huge loss

or make magic or yew long bows at a tiny profit.

Smithing: pretty much impossible to power lvl and break even till 88+

Then you still gotta throw truck loads of money at it.

Cooking: You break even power lvling it.

Are you understanding this?

YOU CANT MAKE MONEY POWER LEVELING ANY SKILL.

Never called him a scammer you illiterate tard

I lol'ed, yet again. Aren't you the funny one?

Yes, you did called him a scammer, first contradiction. "Omgzz you idiot, "rip off" doesn't mean "scam"!" And the irony, you then call me an illiterate "tard". Oh lovely, one single sentence displaying so much intelligence, I'm speechless. No need to go any further, everyone is already dazzled by your sparkling intelligence, one more divine word and I shall cumble in bliss into oblivion.

Sorry, but he's right. Scamming means tricking someone. In this case, ripping off means he is buying for lower than they could get if they knew what they were, but they are WILLINGLY selling for that price. And in future, don't go on, and on, and on. It makes you look like more of an idiot than previously thought.

Dont be such an idiot, you interpretated "rip off" the way that best served your interest. Look it up in a dictionary, they both mean the same thing; a swindle. "Omgzz don't continue, you look like an idiot!" Wanna know whos looking like an idiot, you, for continuing something that was already over, 123 didn't respond, it was over, and you are the one that brought that up again, just go away and leave it there.

Why don't you heed your own advice, and stop being such an idiot? And what if you interpreted 'rip off' the way that served you best, hmm? I interpreted it the way 123Yourgone said it. 'Omgzz! Lets use internet slang to make someone look like an idiot! Lawlzzz!'. It wasn't over; just because he hadn't answered does not mean he wouldn't answer, and guess what? He DID answer.

So you are indeed the one who looks like an idiot.

*grabs squirt bottle*

No more arguing.

Next flamer gets it.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

oh, and as for powerleveling and not breaking even..

ever heard of coal trucks?

ever heard of buying raw lobs 240ea and selling in pk worlds 260ea?

all powerleveling + profit needs, is an appropriate level to accommodate it.

or what about hunter? powerlevel that and you make nice money.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^

oh, and as for powerleveling and not breaking even..

ever heard of coal trucks?

ever heard of buying raw lobs 240ea and selling in pk worlds 260ea?

all powerleveling + profit needs, is an appropriate level to accommodate it.

or what about hunter? powerlevel that and you make nice money.

Coal trucks are slow xp, cooked lobs dont sell 260 each in high numbers on ANY world.

Hunter is a new skill that has a massively useful facet in red chinchompas that have a huge demand, it remains the sole exception (even though red chins are pretty slow xp).

You are gyping people, you're making a profit through other people's ignorance. All thats changed is that the profit you used to make has gone to the actual herb gatherers, which is where it belongs frankly.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Very good rant and explanation of it, good english to:P I agree about 80%. =D>

Outhit.png

Ranked as RS 3rd best Fogger of all times by Fog Elite, and is proud of it :)

**Sorry if I'm a little outdated, I haven't been a member for over a year. If anythings way off, please ignore this**

As far as I understand, some people are saying that buying a unid was ripping someone off. I remember, I used to pay 1k per unid and ranars used to sell for 6k (things may have changed.) If i'd buy a bunch of unids, some would turn out to be worth more than 1k and quite a few would be less than 1k. Sometimes I'd win, sometimes I;d lose, but I'd always use the herb to raise my herblore.

The person selling it most likely had a pretty low herb lvl and weren;t going to use the unid anytime soon, so they got some quick cash. It was win/win. There's plenty of other skills that the same type of thing applies to. I couldn;t stand farming, and I'd sell some high level seeds I got from slayer for way less than they were probably worth. I wasn;t going to use them, they were taking up bank space and I got quite a lot of money. The whole argument of ripping people off should be thrown out.

agree.. it will affect the herb collectors too.

when i was new in p2p i was collecting herbs and sell them for 1k each so now the unids are almost likely named what they are really named eventually.. people wont buy low level herbs or wont shout "buy all unids 1k ea" they will mostly say "buy all (name of herb unidentified) (gold pieces you offer)!"

asasasasaslx7.png

**Sorry if I'm a little outdated, I haven't been a member for over a year. If anythings way off, please ignore this**

As far as I understand, some people are saying that buying a unid was ripping someone off. I remember, I used to pay 1k per unid and ranars used to sell for 6k (things may have changed.) If i'd buy a bunch of unids, some would turn out to be worth more than 1k and quite a few would be less than 1k. Sometimes I'd win, sometimes I;d lose, but I'd always use the herb to raise my herblore.

The person selling it most likely had a pretty low herb lvl and weren;t going to use the unid anytime soon, so they got some quick cash. It was win/win. There's plenty of other skills that the same type of thing applies to. I couldn;t stand farming, and I'd sell some high level seeds I got from slayer for way less than they were probably worth. I wasn;t going to use them, they were taking up bank space and I got quite a lot of money. The whole argument of ripping people off should be thrown out.

pretty much that's how it was.

Ranarrs went up to 7k-8k ea though.

apparently it's the buyer thats gyping people.

instead of the person SELLING the unid herbs (who can potentially know what they are selling).

Anyone ever heard of ranarr scimmers?

Yeah. So before you say it's the buyer of unid herbs hurting the economy- you should take in to consideration this update hurts people selling bad herbs just as much as good herbs.

So for those collectors that sell herbs and collected 100 unids and only 3-4 where ranarr... well it looks like they aren't scoring off even now are they?

And as the buyer I do not mind the occasional ranarr scimming, even though I don't make as much money, I still get experience from the rest.

I just miss unids.

I was once a seller myself.

Back before I had high enough herblore to make potions.

I was completely at ease with selling unids.

I had some invos my buyer liked. and some invos where my buyer was like "ehhh".

I eventually got my herblore up so I could make my own potions.

and thats when I started buying unids.

I can easily go to chaos druids and collect an inventory of herbs, wether or not I have time for it is up to me, and that's why I purchased herbs and sold potions.

You have 4 people in the scenario.

person one is a collecter that sells all his unids for 1k ea.

person two is the one who person one sells all his unids to, person two sorts out the unids, and sells ranarr+ for a profit.

person three buys from person two. Person three uses what herbs he can in potions, and then sells the herbs identified.

person four buys the individual identified herbs from person three. he makes the potions, and sells them, he pays more for the herbs, but there is no risk, or long process from sorting them out.

now person 2 and 3 are gone.

person 1 is stuck with his gaums marrens and tarros.

zerkerpurewc8.png

^ Click for blogz0r3s ^