Good jobs for 14-15 year olds?

Kill_Thomas9

Well I'm going to be 15 soon, and I am planning on buying an Xbox 360 this December or Janurary once they start production of the new 360's with the 65nm chips[source].

Depending on wether or not they have price cuts, the 360 premium system will cost from $300-$350. I will spend another $75-$100 on extra wireless controllers and battery packs. And that doesn't even include the $100-$150 I will spend on a decent television, and the $100 I will spend on games. So altogether I'm looking at $600-$700.

Now I need to know of jobs that will accept minors for workers, and pay decently ($9+ an hour). So, what would you guys reccomend for a decent job?

Edited to update price estimate

I'm wasn't really looking for manual labor jobs, but I'll probably end up mowing my neighbor's lawn anyway. Although the lawn doesn't really grow during the winter.

Tutoring might be good, because I can do my homework while they're doing their homework. All I would do is help them when they get stuck/dont know how to do something.

Still looking for more sugestions.

I'm 20 working a full time manual labour job and I only make $8.25 an hour, and I am looking for a new job right now, but none are paying much more.

So yeah, $9 an hour might be having your expectations too high.

Do you still dig graves? Or am I thinking of someone else?

For some reason I quite fancy doing it - Would the hours be suitable for a student? (My lectures are like 11am-5pm max)

Would you recommend it?

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I'm 20 working a full time manual labour job and I only make $8.25 an hour, and I am looking for a new job right now, but none are paying much more.

Well I work in Santa Barbara, and everything costs more here. Even the jobs. Even the houses here are insanely priced. It's almost impossible to find a decent house for under $1,000,000. The rent for college apartments is about $4,000 a month.

Oh, and one of my friend gets $9.00 an hour starting pay working at a skate shop. He also gets 40% off everything there. And he's 14 too btw.

Edit:

I just checked, and Our city is the fourth most expensive in California as of 2005. The only cities that are more expensive are La Jolla, Santa Monica, and Beverly Hills[source]. So, yah. Jobs here pay reletively well.

My friend works as Cold Stones, and gets $7.50 an hour, plus 3$-4$ an hour in tips. So really, he makes $10.50-$11.50 an hour.

The only real job you'll likely be able to get is something like bagging at a grocery store. You can't really expect to make much over minimum wage with a job like that; though it appears California minimum wage is current $7.50 and will be $8.00 in 2008. At 15 your job options are really, really limited so you have to take what you can get. There also may be various labor laws restricting when, how long, etc.. you can work.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

If you llive in a neighborhood where you can do this, go up and down the street asking people if they would liek their yardwork done, and what they need done. You can make some good money off that. Yeah, it's manual labor, but don't be lazy :P .

p2gq.jpg

I get 30$ a day working at a haunted corn ma(i)ze, dressing up and scaring people crapless.

LOL!!! quoted !

mowing lawns is awesome money. My dad made 3000 dollars one summer when he was a kid.

I get 30$ a day working at a haunted corn ma(i)ze, dressing up and scaring people crapless.

Do you still dig graves? Or am I thinking of someone else?

For some reason I quite fancy doing it - Would the hours be suitable for a student? (My lectures are like 11am-5pm max)

Would you recommend it?

Yep, that's me.

I don't think your hours would work very well though. The actual funerals take place usually between 11:00 and 2:00. You can do the digging anytime you want though. Some cemeteries require you to have a heavy equipment license to operate the machinery, I work at a smaller one so I don't need one. The people who did the graves are usually the people who handle the setup, and bury the vault after the ceremony. So you would have to be there between 11 and 2.

I would recommend it if you could do it during the summer. I don't know where you live, but in the winter here in SE Indiana the job is horrible. In the summer it's great :D . You do get odd looks from people when you tell them what you do though, it was a little disgruntling at first but now it's kind of cool :P .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

tbh depending on where u live u wont b able to get a job, i kno in the stats it is illegal to work for a buisness that is big (blockbuster, macys mcdonalds) unless u r 16, which is the legal working age, however if ur in a small town or somthin it will b ok because they r a bit more slack and u will most likely b hired, and i would say starting u'll b good to get $7 as a starter pay

robo.jpeg

Sig by thru,yaff, ty both :)

Well I work in Santa Barbara, and everything costs more here. Even the jobs. Even the houses here are insanely priced. It's almost impossible to find a decent house for under $1,000,000. The rent for college apartments is about $4,000 a month.

Oh, and one of my friend gets $9.00 an hour starting pay working at a skate shop. He also gets 40% off everything there. And he's 14 too btw.

Edit:

I just checked, and Our city is the fourth most expensive in California as of 2005. The only cities that are more expensive are La Jolla, Santa Monica, and Beverly Hills[source]. So, yah. Jobs here pay reletively well.

My friend works as Cold Stones, and gets $7.50 an hour, plus 3$-4$ an hour in tips. So really, he makes $10.50-$11.50 an hour.

Ah yes, I forgot about location. Around here it is a bit cheaper to live, but of course you get paid less also.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

tbh depending on where u live u wont b able to get a job, i kno in the stats it is illegal to work for a buisness that is big (blockbuster, macys mcdonalds) unless u r 16, which is the legal working age, however if ur in a small town or somthin it will b ok because they r a bit more slack and u will most likely b hired, and i would say starting u'll b good to get $7 as a starter pay

Are you 10, or is inglish just not your native language?

Anyway, if you had read the thread, or even the title, you would know that I'm 14. And as stated before, I have a friend that works at a skate shop at 14, and a friend who works at coldstone, which is a very lage ice cream shop chain. And I live in a town called Santa Barbara where the average housing cost is 1.6million USD. So you decide wether or not it's a big city.

Well to work your gonna need a workers permit and you still only will get a limited number of hours a week, but it would still take awhile to reach your goal. Why dont you get a job where your friends work? Have them put in a good word in for you to their boss and you might get hired.

111-1.jpg

*cougt*Web design on craigslist*cough*

I've made like a grand off of that in the past two months, and I don't even have to really make sites, I've mainly just helped people with little problems, done PS splicing, and stuff. Doing "odd jobs" is ftw ::'

Really? Whats PS splicing? Well I would do that if it weren't for an appearent lack of technological knowledge :P .

Get your friend fired and take his place at the skate shop ;)

You mean my former friend?

I dont think he would like me much anymore if I got him fired.

Well to work your gonna need a workers permit and you still only will get a limited number of hours a week, but it would still take awhile to reach your goal. Why dont you get a job where your friends work? Have them put in a good word in for you to their boss and you might get hired.

I would, but I dont know much about skate parts. Although it really cant be too hard. Maybe get a cashier job? :P

I dont know bout america's mininum age for fastfood, but in Canada its 14. If you can id rather work that then paper round, lol but if thats what u can then do that:p or lifeguard or something

I would, but I cant swim in cold water.