I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Gulgrutha

I'm in desperate need for new gear, both caster and melee (I'm in addy armor for christ's sake). This game has been very unforgiving at giving me things I can sell, and I've had the worst of luck as well. When I discover that unids are a reliable source of cash, Jagex goes and nerfs it.

My skills are a bit low, of course. And all of the guides require a huge amount of money for an investment, which I don't have.

So, how does someone like me make some cash enough to supply runes as well as get an upgrade in equipment?

And please don't say "level ur skills u noob". I've tried that, and every time I do, I always end up with less to show for it.

Like you said, if you have no money AT ALL to fund any kind of money-making skill, you have to start from scratch. This usually means collecting raw materials and then either selling them or altering their form into something else to sell.

Examples:

Pick flax -> String to bowstrings -> Sell

Mine Iron Ore -> Smelt while wearing rings of forging from the rubies you get from mining -> Smith the iron bars into Iron throwing knives -> Sell

Collect items (e.g. red spider eggs from edgeville dungeon, snape grass from Hobgoblin peninsula, etc.) -> Sell

Alternatively, you could benefit from services provided by the government, erm... I mean from other Runescapers.

Examples:

Mine 25 ess (very simple) -> Run airs at world 16 -> get paid 2k + 25 ess back each run.

Mine 25 pure ess (very simple) -> Run laws at world 66 -> get paid 27 laws + 25 ess back each run -> sell laws

Mine 25 pure ess (very simple) -> Run nats for certain nat crafters-> get paid nats + ess back each run -> sell nats

Hope you rustle up some cash. :)

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

Despite your wonderfully worded argument in your posistion skills is the way to go.

Money makers like pking, monster killing, staking and merchanting all require investment.

Money making skills are totally free to do and can make hefty profits.

The best money makers are the bulk resource markets:

Flax/Bowstrings

Coal

Pure Ess

Yews

Lobsters

Sharks

Monkfish

All of these are relatively easy to gather if you train your skills and willbring in hefty profits (given that the entire sell price is your profit).

In the case of you not wanting to train your skills at all and being awkward you shouldgive up any hope of ever getting a good income in rs. As skills are the way to make money for any new person. Its once you have money you can use the "rich" money making methods whihc require investment for greater profit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I don't see any problem, people allways say about double NAT'ing but it require if i good remember 91 runecraft what will take a while to get and already to get it you need money, guy ask about how to begin, how to make him first million.

All people in Runescape some time must spent on money making, you need only time investment, if you have no money get one from that ways:

A. Type ways with exp from 0 GP (collecting and selling resources earning some exp in this way):

1. Get WC axe and cut trees to get 1 or more million GP (chose some: Willows, Mapples, Yews or Mages) Mages take a time to cut and you can cut 3-4 or more yews sometimes in time how much you spent on Magic logs, then if you low on WC get better Willows or Mapples, i suppose you must be 20+ wc levels highter then log what you want to cut.

2. Get some fishing equipment and fish some fishes (lobsters, monkfishes or Sharks) then sell they raw - raw food go with highter price and faster!

Really profitable are and fly fishing too and it is good/fast ever fish exp too, but already this require some investment (buy feathers for 5-10gp each and catch salmons and trouts and sell it for trouts(40-50gp ea) salmons (60-70gp ea) - remember you invested on feather 5-10gp and get from it 40-70gp ;) - that type of food buying F2P players who train pures i sold a lot to they food they buy something like 1-2k of fish, sometimes more...

3. P2P only - Hunting chichompas

(sorry if i typed wrong this name but all understanded about what i talk)

This is very profitable (you need to get hunter level 1st to catch chicompas then catching they get to red chicompas and catch then they) red ones go with price like 500 ea - maybye more or less i not sure or at the moment they worth this price but anyway is good profit and not require investments and hunter allways is good to have hight up to 86 then you can catch implings what is very good for profit and have some fun :) i with me hunter one evening tried to catch some implings (they require hunter skill) i can catch up to Maggie impling just, i got then 2 dragon daggers, mystic bots, some noted raw lobbies, rune sq shield and misc stuff in something like 1-2hours almost i just had some fun with no any intensive play :)

4. P2P Only collecting flax and making bowstrings then sell it (some craft exp and money);

B. Ways to do money not earning exp:

1. Red Spider eggs - F2P - Varrock sewers (my favorite place), After tower of life quest you can get spider eggs summoning and killing creatures, i think spider egg worth something like 700gp ea..

2. Swamp tar at lumbridge swamp (don't remember now price but when checked RS forums i decided collect it by myself because i found then they are to expensive for me :) );

3. Feathers - ppl suggest then you must just kill chickens to get it, yes in F2P is only 1 way, but in P2P you can do Chompy hunting minigame, chompies drop more feathers and you get some raw meat and get some fletch exp because you must make broad arrows & etc...

after feather collection i suggest you to not sell this resource better use by yourself making arrows or by fly fishing and only then sell, you do then more money in this way and get more exp ;)

I know more things just today i feel not so good after yesterday beer drinking at bar with one girl :) then sorry and i think anybody can add some comments to it :)

Edit:

I want to add from myself how i maked my first million (it happen about 3 years ago) i had at moment enought hight mage to do item superheat spell and smithing to make mithril arrowheads and fletching at level to make mithril arrows, then i mined in F2P mining guild few weeks mithril and coal superheating mithril bars on place (that mean then i from mining guild returned not with ore but with mith bars all time) i got about 1500mithril bars in this way;

Then i paid for membership and cutted a lot of trees to get arrow shafts and bought from one friend enought feathers to make all in arrows, then i maked more then 20k of mithril arrows and sold somewhere in F2P :)

Suggestion: You can use Anchor on Waterfiends - is cheap if to compare to GS & effective with crush attack & it hit like Whip.

Maitvanagis.gif

Visit my exp track

Work on your English, I am not going to fight my way through that disjointed rambling mess. (Agura)

It's obvious that English isn't her first language. That's quite good, and you must barely know the language yourself if you can't read it. Besides, if she wanted to she could speak any language she wanted to, be glad she's actually typing in English.

ON TOPIC: As said, collecting snape grass/swamp tar/spider eggs are great sources of cash for free-to-play and pay-to-play. Or, you could mine some essence and train to 44 and make some natures! ::' And you didn't even type her name right...Hypocritical please? :|

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Work on your English, I am not going to fight my way through that disjointed rambling mess. (Agura)

Shut the hell up. Seriously.

AMEN! How the hell is that English bad(unless she edited this before) <.< ?

On topic, just do what people have already suggested, collect, or extract raw materials. Flax, snape grass, red spider eggs, etc. There are also a lot of very nice money making guides on the forums, take a look at some of them, and your bound to find some nice ways to make money. ::'

Strange. It was perfectly clear to me... :-k

And it was great advice as well.

My advice - as others have said, gather raw resource. (logs, ores, etc.)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

A suggestion:

Mine X amount of pure ess

Go to world 99 free law company

Trade ess for laws

Sell laws

Repeat until you have desired amount of money

May get tedious tho, but good luck whichever way you choose to do it.

And stop flaming his/her english, it isn't everyones first language. =;

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

What I need is a way to make money with relative speed. I have 50k on hand right now, and that was only after working myself to death to get it. As for rune "running", I have a difficult time trying to find out precisely what is meant by it. I'm not well versed in runescape's lingo.

What I need is a way to make money with relative speed. I have 50k on hand right now, and that was only after working myself to death to get it. As for rune "running", I have a difficult time trying to find out precisely what is meant by it. I'm not well versed in runescape's lingo.

You can talk at a non-collegiate level on these forums. :XD:

Rune running basically means supplying runecrafters with pure essence while they either give you the runes they craft or money for each trip you make. There are many guides on this.

If you do Mourning's End Part 1, you can make upwards of 600k per hour reliably. WHITEBERRIES.

kingtut3.png

It's force of habit. I make a point of not looking like some 13 year old when I type. I'm also a writer, so I try to use proper grammar.

Mourning's end has a lot of quest requirements that I'm simply not ready to do yet. I haven't finished Underground Pass, for instancve, and it doesn't look like I will anytime soon. <.<

It's force of habit. I make a point of not looking like some 13 year old when I type. I'm also a writer, so I try to use proper grammar.

Mourning's end has a lot of quest requirements that I'm simply not ready to do yet. I haven't finished Underground Pass, for instancve, and it doesn't look like I will anytime soon. <.<

You seem to think of 13-year-olds as inferior...

Anyway, you can buy Steel Bars and make them into Cannonballs for a 150-180gp profit per bar.

You can still collect herbs, but there is no longer "unid scamming."

kingtut3.png